{SugarCubeCornor!} Derpy and Tiny's Blind Date!? (PRIVATE)

QuickLime

Cashmere had worked very hard to secure this date for his dear friend Tiny; he had made sure to tell him the mares interests, favorite things, and some things they could talk about with ease and comfort! In fact Tiny was waiting in front of the SugarCubeCornor with a giant bouquet of blueberry and chocolate muffins! His mane was slicked back and he had on cuffs on all four hooves, a bowtie situated on his neck as he waited with anxious nerves.

Cashmere smiled at Derpy as he led her to where they were meeting before stopping as he saw Tiny “Alright Derpy I wish you two the best and don’t make him too anxious hn?” He teased, giving his friend a one armed hug before leaving her and Tiny to the blind date that had the unicorn about faint as is!

The Purple maned unicorns hope was that Tiny would come out of his shell if he sat him up with someone like Derpy who was gentle and kind but a little silly so that she wouldn't intimidate him.

Derpy smiled and waved goodbye as her friend left, she then turned to the dressed up stallion and smilled from ear to ear. "You must be Tiny!" She lifted her right hoof up politely as she introduced herself. "I'm Ditzy, but everypony calls me Derpy. It's a pleasure to meet you!" She sniffed the air as the scent of muffins caught her nose. Her eyes went wide as she saw the muffin bouquet. "Oooohhhh those smell gooood!" She giggled as she inhaled deeply. "Is that... chocolate I smell?" The grey mare was almost drooling over the sight and smell of so many fresh muffins, it took every bit of her restraint to keep herself from diving in and taking a big bite of the chocolate muffin that was oh so close to her mouth.

Tinybanner.jpg

Tiny's face turned a lovely shade of scarlet at that and he shook the offered hoof gently "Hello... yes I'm Tiny Oh these are for you..." He hovered them closer to her so she could take them smiling softly "Yes Chocolate is one of my favorites! I ..I figured I couldn't go wrong with them and well Cashmere said that you really liked muffins so I figured I couldn't lose with chocolate muffins.."

Sweet Celestia he was bombing this already wasn't he? He probably was... totally was ugh! "W- should we go inside then?" He asked offering to get the door for her and smiled softly wanting to be the image of a perfect gentlecolt since well Miss Ditzy was a very lovely pony , and Tiny felt like a total bumpkin around pretty ponies!

"Ohh thank you! They smell really good!" She tucked the muffins carefully into her saddlebags. She nodded a quick 'thank you' to the stallion as she made her way into the store. Once inside she looked around before turning to the green stallion. "Where do you want to sit? I like sitting by the window so I can see everypony!" She pointed to a table close to a window as she spoke. "What about you Tiny, where's your favorite place to sit?" She tilted her head to the side as she asked the question like a dog would.

• 3 weeks later...

Tinybanner.jpg

"Oh by the window! It's also my favorite place to sit, especially when it's really sunny" He said and grinned slightly, he was very glad that she liked the muffins, though had very little doubt she wouldn't! Cashmere had informed him of her love of muffins and it was emphasized by the muffin clasp on her saddlebag!

A small blush crossed his face and he moved to pull her chair out for her and grinned nervously "So um..I'm sorry for being such a nervous wreck I don't spend my time in the company of such a lovely lady very often.." He offered as a weak attempt to flirt with the wall eyed mail mare.

• 1 month later...

Derpy smiled and placed her bags over the back of the chair as she adjusted her chair so that she could sit comfortably at the table. "Nervous? about me?" She pointed to herself with her hoof and giggled. "I'm just a mail mare, nothing to be nervous about! Pull up a seat and tell me about yourself, what's your special tallent?" She smiled at Tiny as she fiddled with the salt and pepper shakers on the table.

• 2 weeks later...

Tinybanner.jpg

"Oh but you are so much more than just a mail mare! Cashmere goes on about how smart and pretty you are, and how talented" he said and smiled..before going scarlet oooh dear he was blathering something terrible... "I mean.. you seem special to me anyways" He muttered now all embarrassed that he had over shared and spilled his guts all over the table like some big clingy doofus face.

"My Special talent?" he asked before blushing again "Oh" he turned his flank so she could see the flawed gems "I take..gems that would otherwise be tossed out and.. I use their imperfections to make them even more beautiful, I take what would normally be seen as a sign of ugliness and make it into beauty.....I work at my fathers Jewelry store in Canterlot..In..in fact I brought one of my..pieces here.. if you'd like to see it"

Derpy put a hoof to her chin and thought for a second before replying. "It's like recycling but with gems right?" In all honesty Ditzy didn't know much about gems, all she knew was that some gems were more desirable than others and when a pony ordered a large shipment of them they were heavy. She nodded her head politely as Tiny explained his talent and where he worked. As Tiny asked if she would like to see his work she clapped her hooves excitedly and nodded enthusiastically. "I'd love to see your Jewelry Tiny!"

wyZ0G.png

Carrot Cake was helping a customer when Derpy and a stallion that he'd never seen before walked in through the doors of the Sugar Cube Corner. He kept track of them as he placed a freshly-baked cake on the counter for the customer, not taking him long at all to figure out that the two of them were, in fact, on a date. Mr. Cake couldn't help but grin as he watched the clearly-nervous stallion take a seat at a table with Derpy, it kind of reminded him of how nervous he used to get around fillies when he was younger. With the bits now exchanged, Mr. Cake gave the customer a smile and farewell. "Enjoy your cake m'am, and remember to come back to Sugar Cube Corner in the future for all your baked good needs." The older mare nodded to Mr. Cake with smile then took her cake and left, allowing the stallion to turn his attention towards Derpy and her date.

"Hello there, Derpy. Always nice to see you here." Carrot Cake said, smiling at the pegasus mare. "So who's your friend?" he said, turning to the stallion.

"Hi Mr.Cake!" Derpy said as she waved excitedly sending the pepper shaker flying off the table. "This is my friend Tiny! He makes jewelry from ugly gems, isn't that great?" She didn't mean for her words to sound so harsh, but with her limited understanding of gems and her excitement to compiment her friend she simply said the first thing that came to mind. "He was just about to show me something he made, would you like to see too?"

• 1 month later...

Tinybanner.jpg

Tiny sneezed as the pepper went flying, rubbing his nose slightly with a hoof, he glanced at Mr Cake and just offered a small smile "Oh hello there.." he said and went a little red at Derpys description of his work, he knew she wasn't saying that to be mean, however it was still a little ego smashing to have his work called "Ugly Gems" because Tiny simply didn't see them that way!

Taking out a small box from his saddle bag he opened it, the inside of the box was lined with blue velvet and in the center was a bracelet made with champagne colored glass beads and pearls that formed a circle, in the center of the piece was a big cut piece of Rose Quartz that had a crack in the center, however the crack had been used as a base of the carving in the center which was of a beautiful swan. The cracks had been filled with silver powder and had been polished to a shine.

"S..see?"

Derpy gasped as Tiny opened the case containing the bracelet. She raised a hoof to touch the bracelet but thought better of herself and placed her hoof back on the table.

"Tiny it's so pretty! Look at that tiny little teeny swan inside that gem!" She pointed excitedly to the swan as she looked back and forth from Tiny to Mr. Cake. "She looks like she's ready to sing in there." She placed both hooves on the table and rested her chin between them watching the two other ponies as she spoke.

Carrot Cake couldn't help but grin a bit at Derpy and her rather blunt description of Tiny's profession. "Sure, it's always nice to see the work of a fellow artisan. Baking is an artform of its own, you know." he said as he watched Tiny open the small box reavealing the beautiful, shiny bracelet. "Wow, that sure is something" he said, nodding in agreement with Derpy. "You sure are one talented jeweler, Tiny. Maybe I'll go to you when my next anniversary comes up. Cup Cake would love something like that." After looking at Tiny's bracelet admiringly for a moment longer, Mr. Cake spoke up once more. "Well I don't wanna overstay my welcome, so how about I go ahead and take your orders? Er… That is, assuming that you aren't already set for food at the moment." he said, eying Derpy's bouquet of muffins.

• 4 weeks later...

(SO sorry, my computer ate my last post and I didn't notice D: )

Derpy giggled at Mr. Cake as she patted the muffins. [colour=#808080]"Oh no these are for later Mr. Cake. Could I get a umm..." [/colour]She paused to think for a moment. [colour=#808080]"Oh! A piece of pumpkin spice cake and a glass of chocolate milk please?" [/colour]She turned and grinned at Tiny. [colour=#808080]"What about you Tiny? What's your favorite sweet food?"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Tinybanner.jpg

Tiny had to admit what Derpy got sounded delicious "I'll have the Pumpkin Spice cake as well and a glass of milk to go with it? Just regular though" He said and smiled before glancing at Derpy again, a blush tinting his olive cheeks "So..I was wondering, after here if you would like to go for..a walk maybe? The leaves are starting to turn colors so..I..I thought we could go look at them..." He was trying to think of date ideas that didn't involve money, not because he was stingy! But because he didn't want to look like a total rich boy throwing his money in everyponys face.

"And after the walk maybe...anything you would like to do..?" Tiny then glanced at Mr Cake and smiled "Oh I'd love to make you and your wife something for your Anniversery! I could make you a pocket watch and maybe a pretty necklace for her.. I could put a cup cake in each piece... it would be really pretty.."

[colour=#ff8c00]"Two pumpkin spice pies, one milk, and one chocolate milk. Okay, coming right up."[/colour] Carrot Cake nodded to Derpy and Tiny. [colour=#ff8c00]"Did you get that, dear? Two pumpkin spice pies, and two milks, one chocolate!"[/colour] he said shouting in the direction of the kitchen. He then overheard Tiny's suggestion to to take Derpy on a walk. He couldn't help but grin to himself upon hearing this, perhaps this little guy wasn't as awkward as he thought, he was already thinking romantically. [colour=#ff8c00]"Say, that doesn't sound like a bad idea, no need to stay around an old stick-in-the-mud like me. If you'd like, I can give your pumpkin pies and milks to go, or you can just come back here later and pick them up, we'll keep the pies warm for you."[/colour] Carrot Cake said, before turning to Tiny. [colour=#ff8c00]"And that sounds great, Tiny! Just uh, nothing too expensive, don't wanna end up having to sell the shop to pay for it."[/colour] he said, laughing nervously

• 4 weeks later...

Derpy thought for a second before answering Mr. Cake. [colour=#696969]"I think I'd like to have my cake and milk here please. Then afterward Tiny and I can go for a walk and work off all these sweets." [/colour]She looked back at Tiny and grinned. [colour=#696969]"After all I've got to watch my figure." [/colour]She covered her mouth with a hoof and giggled again. [colour=#696969]"Oh I mean... if that's ok with you [/colour][colour=#696969]Tiny."[/colour]