[Appleloosa] Dapper Dan's Barbershop [Open to all to chat]

Snowshoe

Dapper Dan got to work with the colouring (a process his author is completely unfamiliar with so it will be glossed over), looking up at the others while he worked at Apple Cinnamon's mane.

"Heck, even I'd like to see some of these critters. Led a bit of a sheltered life in Fillydelphia, never really got to see stuff like this. I think it'd be cool," he commented. "And I'm sure if these critters got loose, well, the Sheriff's right. I'm confident Candy could figure it out, with a bit of help from the town." From what he could tell, everypony in the town was strong and quite capable of wrangling up a loose critter or two.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple Cinnamon listened as Candy Catchem noted the fact that there were some vicious animals that lived out beyond the borders of town. Being that she only lived in Appleoosa for about a month or so, she wasn't keen on what lived there. She didn't know what was docile and what was dangerous.

Her friends believed that it would be a great idea to bring some of the animals to town as an exhibition to explain more about them.

[colour=#006400]"Well, ah' think it would be interestin' to see some of these critters up close an' get to know more about em'. Ah' haven't seen or heard of any that you mentioned Candy wanderin' theough town, but ah'd like to know what out there, especially the dangerous ones."[/colour]

(Yay! I smell a new thread coming from this, I just have to write up some lore on the strange beasties for the mods to yea or neigh over before I have them appear in public. :) )

Candy blushed and smiled that Louise would think so highly of her.[colour=#daa520] "Aw shucks Louise. I cannot honestly say I am as talented as the legendary Fluttershy. I have not been able to stare down a dragon yet, while she saved the plantlife of the valley Ponyville and Canterlot are part of by getting an ancient Red Dragon to go somewhere else for his nap. The pall of noxious smoke would have ruined the plants within a week."[/colour]

Candy tapped her chin in thought [colour=#daa520]"I've had to negotiate with one but never stared one down. Some rumors have her out-staring a Cockatrice, and I would have to be pretty desperate to try that stunt."[/colour]

She clopped her forehooves together[colour=#daa520] "Then it's settled! I will arrange a presentation day as soon as possible, and let everypony know whats safe, whats not, and how to be safe. I'll send flyers to Las Pegasus and Dodge Junction in case anypony wants to come and learn some things about their exotic neighboring wildife."[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"This'll be a real hoot fer our town!" [/colour]Sheriff Silverstar shouted.

[colour=#696969]"I gotta agree with the Sheriff on this," [/colour]added Doc Holly Day.

[colour=#FF0000]"WOW! A premier event like that in Appleoosa!" [/colour]Louise LaMare squealed. [colour=#FF0000]"That will make our little shopping trip even MORE important! I just have to have a new dress for the occassion! I have absolutely NOTHING to wear!"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Nothin' to wear?" [/colour]the mustached lawpony asked. [colour=#8B4513]"But ya gotta big walk in closet full'a dresses!"[/colour]

When Louise looked at him with a stare that could freeze a brushfire, the Sheriff quickly changed his tune.

[colour=#8B4513]"Ah, new dress! Absoltively! I couldn't agree more with ya!"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Wise choice of words, Sheriff," [/colour]the red maned unicorn whispered to him as Louise's face brightened.

[colour=#FF0000]"I can't WAIT to get to the General Store now! Candy, Apple Cinnamon, we're going to have a grand time!"[/colour]

Dapper Dan nodded excitedly, having to adjust his glasses afterwards due to them slipping a bit. "This sounds like it'll be great!" he said happily. He loved Appleoosa, but it was definitely a bit of a sleepier town. Something like this would definitely bring along a lot more people, and could liven things up a bit, if only for a day or two. And besides, the event itself would be interesting. He was still having a hard time imagining the kinds of creatures Candy Catch-'em was talking about.

After a couple more moments, he was done with the highlights for Cinnamon's mane. He levitated over a small mirror and held it up. "How's that?"

[colour=#006400]Well ah'll be sure to look forward to yer event, Candy," [/colour]Apple cinnamon said hearing the excitement in the pony's voice as she discussed plans for the animal presentation.

The brown mare couldn't help but laugh at the conversation between Louise and Sheriff Silverstar.

[colour=#006400]"Wow! Ah didn't know you owned so many dresses Louise. Ah' guess ah can use the one I bought with you before, especially on the account that it's mah only one so far."[/colour]

Dapper Dan then announced that he had finished the coloring part of the process. She was a bit nervous as being a barber rather than a beautician, she wondered who well he'd do with coloring. Once she heard about a pony who opened a salon and claimed to be the best hair styilist in Equestria. That was until she dyed a pony's mane a putrid brown and green mix that made the poor pony break down into tears. But fortunately, this one did a great job. While he wasn't done with the process as there was still the cutting and styling, she was impressed so far.

(OOC: I'm not sure where highlights fit into the styling process, so let's put that in the beginning.)

[colour=#006400]"Oh my! Ah' love the highlights! It gives mah mane different shades rather than one colour. It's lookin' good so far."[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

(OOC: sorry for delays, Ive been dealing with medical issues... short post is short ^_^; )

Candy whinnied happily as she heard everyone so excited for her idea, and Louise had invited them shopping!

Thorn watched the ladies getting excited over shopping and shook his head, glad he wasnt a filly or a jenny to get a head twisted round getting new clothing all the time.

Louise LaMare was now SUPER giddy about going clothes shopping.

[colour=#FF0000]"And of course, if we buy new dresses we'll need new shoes to go with them AND new assessories too!" [/colour]the light brown Pegasus mare shouted, clapping her front hooves together. [colour=#FF0000]"Maybe fancy new hats that match our dresses!"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Simmer down, Miss LaMare," [/colour]Sheriff Silverstar pleaded, [colour=#8B4513]"if'n ya gits anymore excited, yur gonna explode!"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"And as a physician, I can attest to the fact that explodin' is NOT healthy fer the body," [/colour]Doc Holly Day giggled.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh, you guys just don't understand the joys of shopping," [/colour]Louise said defensively, [colour=#FF0000]"Candy and Apple Cinnamon understand, don't we gals?"[/colour]

"Thank you kindly, Apple Cinnamon." He was happy that he was doing so well, usually used to cutting stallion's hair and doing only basic stylings. To get compliments about it was great.

He levitated over the comb and scissors and got to work with the actual cutting and styling, while the others spoke. He couldn't help but laugh at how giddy the girls were getting, noticing Thorn in the background looking a bit bored.

"Not a fan of shopping I see, Thorn?" he teased.

Apple cinnamon almost jumped from her seat when ouise started shouting about how she liked shopping. Now Apple was no backwoods pony and she knew about the joys of shopping. But the mare took the idea of shopping as the best thing since the invention of the store! The poor stallions tried their best to calm her down but with limited success.

[colour=#006400]"Well ah' do like mah share of shoppin'. Back where ah' cam from, most ponies didn't wear clothes too much except for very important things, but here it's like there's a new dress for every occasion. Ah' have to admit that ah'm devfinitely gettin' used to the idea. Of course ah' don't think ah'll ever top your excitement Louise!"[/colour]