Has My Little Pony Friendship is Magic reached it's "climax"?

DashieInTheDark

If you ask me, MLP:FiM peaked on Bridle Gossip, but I'm still watching it. ;-)

Huh. Well, I guess there is a pretty big difference between peaking and jumping the shark. If you plot my rating of the episode you will get an entire mountain range. It is not easy to say where a peak is when the quality varies so frenetically.

I too have thought about this. I don't think it's going to end, because theres a huge fandom and its making lots of money,but they will have trouble topping such an amazing finale. The quality may not go downhill, but the plot might.

For me, MLP:FiM was just a bunch of memes during Season 1. The episodes really did not catch me or draw me in to watching the whole season. It was not until Season 2 that I found myself falling in love with the series. I watched all the S2 episodes (that were out at the time) before watching half of Season 1. Most of S1 was good, but there are more episodes that were just "meh" to me in S1 than S2. For me, I really see S2 as the superior season. As such I am in no way feeling that the peak of the series has been reached and that S3 could very well be much better than S2.

I understand the sentiment. But I think it's an overwrought concern.

I was a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. In my opinion Season 2 was the best in it as well. It went on for 7 seasons. There were some truly bad moments in there, but in the end it went out with a bang and left us on an awesome note.

If MLP:FiM were to end now it would be like Firefly. Leaving a huge, rabid fan base that feels shortchanged.

I have moments where I dread the time when the magic of the show fades for me too. I'm sure it will. Nothing can be exciting and "ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!" forever, but that doesn't mean it isn't good anymore, just not "new." So when I have those moments I watch a favorite episode and smile a lot.