Has My Little Pony Friendship is Magic reached it's "climax"?

DashieInTheDark

Hey guys. Tonight, I want to talk to you all about something that is REALLY bothering me.

Note: Please read the following thoroughly, so you are not misinformed, or interpret this topic wrongly.

After watching April 21st, 2012, the finale of Season 2, of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, I was amazed at the quality of the 2-part finale. Everything was, well, perfect. The pacing was perfect, the continuity that was in it was perfect, the nods toward the bronies... All perfect. ...or is it?

The amount of nostalgia that one particular video gives me is overwhelming.

“Elektro Pony (PMV) to be exact. It was one of the FIRST Pony videos I'd seen since becoming a brony in June-ish of 2011.

Now, of course, there are people in this fandom from more toward November 2010, but I'm not worried about “Who was a brony earlier!?” or any of that nonsense. No. Quite different, actually.

Do any of you remember watching S1E3, for the first time? How did you feel, compared to now, about the show? Notice how much of a difference there is between then and now? That, indirectly, leads to my “problem” here.

When I think back to when people didn't “directly watch the show”, and more so used it as a way to come together,t is a time that I feel “nostalgic” about. For instance, the “20% Cooler” tags in Team Fortress. The absurd amount of TF2 and Pony mashups, it was all amazing.

The show brought everyone together, and it was a fun ride.

While it lasted.

Now, I don't know if you guys felt the same way between S1 and S2, but I don't directly “hate” the wait between seasons, no. In fact, I almost wish there wasn't a Season 3.

Now, before you go raging at me, I do NOT hate this show, I do NOT want it to end. But I feel like it's only appropriate to end it. The amount of creativity in this fandom, the amount of fun, and an overall good time on the internet. It's been 1 year, 5 months, and 12 days (correct my math?) since the show premiered. A lot of people started to think this would only be a “fad” and that it wouldn't last forever. Of course, those who had just become a brony, felt like this magic could last forever.

I too, felt the same way. All the way up until S2E10, to be exact. I had a sneaking feeling that the show was “different” after S2E2, BEFORE knowing Lauren Faust left. Something....just wasn't right here. The “magic” we'd been experiencing with this show. It just wasn't here anymore. It's not because of the wait between seasons, either. In fact, I don't remember waiting through it.

The “magic” that each episode in Season 1 had, it just wasn't there anymore. Was it because the fandom “settled down” since the beginning? Was there no more “memes” to be made? What was that sinking feeling that crept it's way into my heart...

I'd taken breaks from the show, I'd not forced myself to watch it, or stay away from it. What was it? Something, something just...”flipped a switch” is the best way to put it.

The first Vinyl Scratch appearance, In S1E14, it started an entire fanbase around her. One almost the same size as Derpy Hooves. Then, of course, we've got the fanbase for Luna. Which, prior to “Luna Eclipsed” was only seen in S1E2.

There are so many amazing moments in the show, it would require a thread all it's own to list them.

However, have the writers “run out of ideas.” to put it bluntly?

I'm not sure if this is just a “stage of being a brony” that I've not gone through before, or if some of you actually agree with me.

What happened to “20% Cooler”? What happened to “Squee”?

There were key turning points for the characters in the show, too. Which, because it would be too long, I won't list. However, I know some of you will know what I am referring to.

One may argue that “Oh, these memes are still here!”

but to me, they aren't Nowadays, we just throw them around for fun.

It used to be a “reference” to the show, in which, if you got it, was really catchy, and funny. Of course, jokes get old, and die. Which is completely understandable. But what if the same could be said to the show itself?

As I said before, I'm not trying to “hate” this show, so please don't take it that way.

Nowadays, all I see in this community is this:

EquestriaDaily – News.

MicTheMicrophone / TheLivingTombstone – Music.

General artists.

MrPoniator – Animator.

I'm leaving out fanfictions, because I don't read that many.

Pretty much what I'm saying with this point, is that there are key people in the fnadom who “run that section”, so to speak. There aren't any new “aspiring great musicians” making music in this fandom, no. It's jusst these two, and occasionally WoodenToaster, iBringDaLulz, and Jackleapp, but mainly these two.

I just feel like there isn't as much “originality” as there used to be.

Now, “EureoBeat – Discord” has 1.3(?) million views, and was in RoolingStones. The Pony Physics presentation has broke 1million, and “You’re Gonna Go Far Kid” has 2.9(?) million views.

These are the “key” videos in the fandom. That almost EVERY brony has seen at least once.

Going back to the show itself...

The whole “outrage” in the fandom over the voicing of Derpy Hooves had really burnt me out on the fanbase for quite awhile..

I'd much not prefer to talk about it ,as I am amazed at how terrible some people can be...

But that's a good example. Of my “main discussion” here.

HAS My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, as well as the bronies, reached their climax?

With just the finale alone, we've got the following:

A voice for Lyra.

Another Luna appearance.

Vinyl Scratch appearance.

Applejack's “liar face”.

Another Sonic Rainboom.

3(?) or 4 amazing new songs in one finale.

A new villain, and new Princess, and Twilight's brother.

That's just off the top of my head, guys.

I think they really outdid themselves with the finale. Which, you may perceive as a “good thing” which it WOULD have been... if not for these few things:

What's left for the brony fandom? What more “nods” can they do?

How can they top this?

Will the quality of S3 not compare to this? What I mean by this, is, will the show keep us interested? The quality of the finale was so good, I don't think I want any more “slice of life” episodes as we'd gotten back throughout S2.

These are just a few of my raised questions..

Maybe it IS just me. Maybe I'm the only one who feels like the show will go downhill from here on out. That there isn't much, if anything, left for them to do.

Cutie mark Crusaders get their Cutie Marks? Sure. Rainbow Dash and the Wonderbolts? Okay. But now we've got 11 more confirmed episode plots to make. I just feel as though the general “quality” of the episodes in S3 will not compare.. That we will, over the 3 month break, lose interest, and then be disappointed by S3, and ultimately, drop the show. MAYBE not the fandom ,but the show..

I'd love, more than anything, to be wrong right now. That S3 blows our socks off, and it is better than anything we'd imagined. But, realistically, I don't see that happening..

I, just, words cannot describe exactly HOW I feel. I feel we're watching the show”for the show” and not for the fandom, which is what got us INTO it in the first place. (Not all of us, but a lot of people.)

There's no more “character development” left for the Mane 6. They “took care of that” in Season 1 and 2. Can they focus on background characters now? Is it profitable?

There's too many questions raised, with not enough answers.

I will say this again. At this time, I do NOT hate the show. I am merely worried that this is the best it gets, that it only gets worse from here on out. The wait between seasons won't affect me, so long as I know S3 will be something to look forward to. Which, at this point, I do not know.

There's been so many great songs in this show. “Winter Wrap-up”, “Smile Smile Smile,” “Art of The Dress,” “The Gala song,” and so many others. Too many to name, actually.

But, as I have repeated a lot of times so far.. Is this the best it gets, guys?

I'm not exactly sure how to end this thread, either.

I feel as though there is “more to be said” than this, that I am forgetting a lot of stuff. Which, I probably am.. Please, right now, I would like more than anything, if you could help me have a brighter outlook on this. Because, right now, I am at the bright end of the tunnel, headed toward the dakrness-infested dead end, with no way to turn around.

Thanks for reading, guys.

~More to come later

• Like 2

I cant confirm/deny that it's just you, but I dont really feel that way. Then again, I got into the show somewhere around last december, so I missed a lot of the fanbase. But to me, it's more about the show than the fan content, though I do enjoy the fan musics. And if the s2 finale is something they can create without faust, then I am genuinely looking forward to season 3, and have no doubts that we will continue to see the same quality that we have had so far. While the nods to the fandom have been nice, why do we need them at all? Yeah, its a mark of appreciation, but the show would not degrade in quality were they not included. I doubt they'll stop putting in references to older movies, tv, etc, either. And friendship is a massive ocean, there is plenty for them to work with.

And if this is as good as it gets, who says it has to get worse? Why cant it just stay at this level of quality?

The only thing I'm scared of is, no more My Little Pony seasons means people lose interest. Causing pony roleplaying to die down and Canterlot to close and then a sad Dunder. ;_;

Do any of you remember watching S1E3, for the first time? How did you feel, compared to now, about the show? Notice how much of a difference there is between then and now? That, indirectly, leads to my “problem” here.

Applejack was best pony then, now it's either Rarity or Celestia depending on what mood I'm in. That and I'm far more enthusiastic and involved now than I was way back then. :D

I too, felt the same way. All the way up until S2E10, to be exact. I had a sneaking feeling that the show was “different” after S2E2, BEFORE knowing Lauren Faust left. Something....just wasn't right here. The “magic” we'd been experiencing with this show. It just wasn't here anymore. It's not because of the wait between seasons, either. In fact, I don't remember waiting through it.

The “magic” that each episode in Season 1 had, it just wasn't there anymore. Was it because the fandom “settled down” since the beginning? Was there no more “memes” to be made? What was that sinking feeling that crept it's way into my heart...

But I like season 2 better than season 1... by like a notable margin. Funnier, better writing, better animation. My enthusiasm has only grown through the second season. Also, I started during the period between seasons.

I don't really know why it matters so much. Fandom nods are fun, but I'd hope nobody is watching just for that. That seems kind of silly. They've already gone out of their way so much for the fandom, asking for more just doesn't seem right for me.

How can they top this?

Will the quality of S3 not compare to this? What I mean by this, is, will the show keep us interested? The quality of the finale was so good, I don't think I want any more “slice of life” episodes as we'd gotten back throughout S2.

It was great, but so were a great number of those slice of life episodes. As great as the finale was, it wasn't the only good episode of the season. If the episodes made for season 3 are good, why shouldnt' we be interested in them? Why should everything have to "top" what came before it anyway? Can't we enjoy episodes on their own merits anymore?

These are just a few of my raised questions..

Maybe it IS just me. Maybe I'm the only one who feels like the show will go downhill from here on out. That there isn't much, if anything, left for them to do.

Cutie mark Crusaders get their Cutie Marks? Sure. Rainbow Dash and the Wonderbolts? Okay. But now we've got 11 more confirmed episode plots to make. I just feel as though the general “quality” of the episodes in S3 will not compare.. That we will, over the 3 month break, lose interest, and then be disappointed by S3, and ultimately, drop the show. MAYBE not the fandom ,but the show..

Yeah, it's probably just you. ;-) With great characters like FiM has, there are any number of great stories to be told. In the hands of a talented writer, the possibilities for good stories are limitless. I don't see myself losing interest either. I've made great friends over the show, become invested in the RP here, and just still genuinely love everything about it.

I'd love, more than anything, to be wrong right now. That S3 blows our socks off, and it is better than anything we'd imagined. But, realistically, I don't see that happening..

I, just, words cannot describe exactly HOW I feel. I feel we're watching the show”for the show” and not for the fandom, which is what got us INTO it in the first place. (Not all of us, but a lot of people.)

This part really confuses me. What is wrong watching a show for the show? Isn't that how you're supposed to do it? :?:

There's no more “character development” left for the Mane 6. They “took care of that” in Season 1 and 2. Can they focus on background characters now? Is it profitable?

There's too many questions raised, with not enough answers.

I'd disagree... Good characters don't just suddenly stop developing. As long as you have good stories to put them though, you can always push them further and in new and interesting ways.

There's been so many great songs in this show. “Winter Wrap-up”, “Smile Smile Smile,” “Art of The Dress,” “The Gala song,” and so many others. Too many to name, actually.

And Daniel Ingram is just getting bolder, bigger and more skillful as a composer as things progress. "This Day Aria" is probably his newest high point as far as I'm concerned. I'd estimate he can go even bigger and better yet. At the very least he can churn out similar high quality material for the second season.

But, as I have repeated a lot of times so far.. Is this the best it gets, guys?

I really don't see why it would be. But then, I'm an optimist by nature. Why should a high point be taken as a peak, when it might just be the next step up toward greatness? I really think the show could get better yet as the team all get better at their jobs. I mean, that's how it is. The voice actors get more natural in their roles, the writers get more familiar with the characters they're writing, the animators get more skillful. I really can't see why this would be the best it will get, unless lots of the involved parties suddenly get lazy or Hasbro forces them into an uncomfortable box or something.

I'm not exactly sure how to end this thread, either.

I feel as though there is “more to be said” than this, that I am forgetting a lot of stuff. Which, I probably am.. Please, right now, I would like more than anything, if you could help me have a brighter outlook on this. Because, right now, I am at the bright end of the tunnel, headed toward the dakrness-infested dead end, with no way to turn around.

Well, I don't quite get your outlook on it. Seems kind of backwards to me. :smug: As far as I see it, FiM is here to stay for quite a while longer. :)

• Like 1

My outlook on S3 has been changing lightning fast since last night. This time it was "What's left, guys?" And tomorrow it will be "Oh my gosh! I can't WAIT for Season 3!" so I have very quickly changing mixed emotions. :P

However. I want to clear some things up. I did not mean that "There are no fandom nods, therefor the show is bad" as much as, there was so much IN the finale that there aren't many LEFT to do. So there's less of those to look for, is what I'm saying. Kind of like if they dropped Derpy from the background. Also. "Watching the show for the show" means something a bit different than you may have perceived. What i meant by that, is that it isn't as "exciting" as it used to be. While, I hope you understand, that this thread is IN MY perspective. So you probably don't, and actually feel BACKWARDS about it, that is what I meant. I suppose it's just because I don't livestream chat with people when the episodes air.

Like I said, many mixed emotions and thoughts processing about S3. I'll give it a month or so for me to make a "final" decision on how I feel. Gives me enough time to rewatch the whole show, and such.

It is my sincere hope that when the show does eventually end, it is on an episode of this quality. I'm glad this isn't the end, but it could have been, and still been satisfying.

They don't have to do every episode from now on at that intensity, and in fact, that would be a bad idea.

Furthermore, I reject the notion that by pulling out the stops, they have run out of material. Restrictions breed creativity.

I havnt really felt the series went downhill overall, really there were a few random episodes I didnt care for in S1 (LBYL, Diamond Dogs (dont remember the name)) and same in S2 (MMDW, MtBPW) The show has it's ups and downs, and I know for a fact that while I didnt like MtBPW, it's considered one of the best by others, so I'm asuming overall the series' quality has remained the same.

I do share one point with you, outside of ironing out some "quirks" (like twilight's OCD and social awkwardness - both of which are really unchangeable) there isnt a lot of character development left. We know (assume) Scoots will get some in her S3 episode, likely all the CMCs will develop more as they grow up (I still say some of the comments, changing voices, etc mean they're aging as the series progresses) Perhaps some of the other foals will mature, such as Diamond Tierra learning to be nicer, or at least more suave in her evil instead of comming off as a bully all the time. There are plenty background characters to develop, but yes, the Mane 6 are fairly well-done. I could see some elaboration on flutters and Dash's respective backgrounds, meeting their parents, etc, but...

As others have said, I think the "season Finale" would, in any other generation, have been a movie, it's set up perfectly because it relies on very little background, breaks the canon in borederline acceptable ways (twilight has a "BBBFF" that she's never even mentioned...?) and the animation, plot, and songs were top-notch like in a movie. While I agree it's going to be hard to "top" that, I dont see it as a new bar for the series. To me, the bar is set much lower, like Lesson Zero or Its about time (which in and of themselves were great episodes!) The only way to top this is to make anotehr 2-parter or a 3-parter (or a season-arc) that essentially is set up as another movie. Yes, if you want to include it in the 'absolute canon' then this is probably as good as it gets, but this is a spike in the graph, not the baseline, set your baseline from a regular episode.

I have to dissagree with you on the fandom. Honestly, I listen to almost nothing from Mike the Mic (never even really heard of him untill he was on Bronyville) and only 1 from The Living Tombstone because I'm not fond of Rap or Remixes. I mostly have one-shots, "Gender Bends" (dont remember who does them, I want to say chris somebody), or Mando Pony, the later of which keep making more music. I randomly stumble on others I like as well. Animation is rare, I've only watched a few original animations (the 'portal' series that shows each of the mane6 playing with Aperture Tech's portal device and/or Gels...) though non-original there's the Pony Anthology and upcoming Pony Anthology 2, the first is extremely popular and the later's teasers have been quite popular. Not to mention the "abridged series'" like Friendship is Witchcraft which are well-liked

Fanfiction is hit-or-miss, always has been in every fandom I've been in, Just the other night I read a story and went "huh? what the buck did I just read?!" and on the other end of the spectrum we have "My Little Dashie" which could easily stand it's own among RL professional writers. As I said, hit or miss...

Now, all this being said, if the series IS going downhill, I'd like for it to end. It's better to go out in a blaze of glory than to slowly fade into obscurity. (though personally I dont see this as a problem, provided we set the "movie" aside and look at everything episode-by-episode) I think there's still another full season, perhaps two left. I dont think we're going to be going into double-digits and still be high quality (I would LOVE them to prove me wrong, I would LOVE to be sitting here ten years from now saying that S13 cant possibly hold up to what we had in S12) but without some major tweaking, I just dont see it lasting more than 2 seasons... of course they've done well with "non-development" plots like It's About Time (I mean, really, we covered the 'lesson' back in Lesson Zero, this was a rehash lesson, but the episode was still awesome)

So... yeah... I think things are going well, we've had a great season and a "movie" I look forward to the future but I do question it a little, untill I see what happens though I wont say "it's all downhill from here" :)

I am not "directly" comparing the finale to the current season episodes. I am merely comparing it to future episodes. When you've got an amazing finale like this, what happens if future episodes are 'lackluster" and feel like the Mysterious Mare-do-well?

They may not ACTUALLY be that bad, but this "spike" in quality can often "blind" people until they realize that the episodes aren't "worse", just not as good as the finale.

Maybe it's just me, but I WANT them to do part-episodes. Not necessarily 18-parts, or a "story a season" but, their part episodes give them more time to write a better, longer story. Imagine if they had an hour for the Cutie mark Chronicles, instead of half an hour? That could DOUBLE how awesome the episode was. if they are to do a lot of part episodes, then the quality of their "regular" episodes could raise the bar to see eye to eye with the finale. This, THIS would be AMAZING.

However ,some of you may think "But I want the finale to be SPECIAL, not a regular episode" and to that I respond simply: What if S3 finale tops this one?

Because if the s3 finale tops the s2 finale, then their "regular" episodes could seem twice as "mediocre"and ultimately, be half as good as TMMDW. We wouldn't want this, would we? Yes, we would. Because then they need to step up their game on regular episodes, to keep everyone interested .Not just the bronies ,but EVERYONE. I'll elaborate more on this tomorrow.

In a nutshell, look at it like this:

You've got |Bad----|Mediocre|MMDW-----Good|It's about time----Great|Winter Wrap-up / Sonic Rainboom----Amazing|Finale----|Better than the finale|Season 3----Even BETTER than S3| S3 Finale----

And so on and so forth. Of course, this is my personal preference. I just picked episodes I thought fit in each category .To each their own, though.

That's just the rough idea. You'd got Bad, Mediocre, Good, Great, Amazing, And then "beyond Amazing".

If they can make S3 better than the finale to s2, and then s3 finale better than s3, and so on and so forth. They will gain more and more and more viewers. Which means more sales.

In a nutshell: Make each Season better than the finale before it, and make the finale at the end of the season, better than the season before it. (Like A Canterlot Wedding)

Eventually they can't 'get any better" but as you guys believe, there's so much more to be done, that they could make 4+ seasons.

Is this too confusing? :P

A BIG difference in season 2 is Twilight Sparkle not being in every episode. After season 1, they took season 2 in a new direction. They let other ponies write the letters to Celestia, and become the main characters of their own episodes.

How can they top this?

Why do they NEED to do more for the Brony fandom? Recently I've actually wondered what the show would have been like... without the fandom. I originally started watching the show for nostalgia's sake. I watched the older pony shows as a kid, and since this was decent (unlike G3), I just planned to watch for fun. I don't quite feel like they cater to the Brony fandom, but there are a lot of things they've put in there for us. I just wonder if the show would have been different without the fandom.

Maybe season 3 will be history/flashback centric. Wouldn't that be interesting?

That we will, over the 3 month break, lose interest, and then be disappointed by S3, and ultimately, drop the show. MAYBE not the fandom ,but the show..

How many fans dropped the show from season 1 to season 2? Think about it. The fandom is super strong, and really... I don't think you're giving everyone else who works on the show enough credit. Faust was just one person... and while she created the general world, more or less everyone else got to run with it.

I feel we're watching the show”for the show” and not for the fandom, which is what got us INTO it in the first place.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a majority of the people get into the show because they like the SHOW. Not the fandom. (I mean, the fandom is cool, but it's a bonus. The fandom doesn't make the show.) In fact... I don't recall a lot of people saying they got into the show because of the fandom. They got into it because the show is good. Great, even. But I would personally still watch whether or not I met any Bronies.

They may not ACTUALLY be that bad, but this "spike" in quality can often "blind" people until they realize that the episodes aren't "worse", just not as good as the finale.

Well duh. Finales are special. They have huge potential to be better than any one episode in the series. The same can be said of the opening episode(s).

The finale episode(s) of ANY show is made to be awesome. This is to keep people coming back to watch it. The opening episode(s) are also likely going to be more spectacular than the series to follow. This is the 'hook' that gets people interested again, and also brings in new viewers.

Because if the s3 finale tops the s2 finale, then their "regular" episodes could seem twice as "mediocre"and ultimately, be half as good as TMMDW.

Rose is correct... "No"

Here is the thing... MLP hit a high point with the current creative team... We KNOW they hired a new writer, and it is possible that there are other new hires too. So new writers, new ideas, new directions to be taken. The possibilities are endless. You cannot say that S3 or S4 (if there is one) will be any less awesome. For all you know it could be more awesome. They have taken a liking to mythology, how many awesome villains can be found in mythology? There are tons. They have Tartarus to work with for pities sake.

• Like 1

after I got halfway down the page I started skimming because I don't want to read all this at 6:45 am XP

anyways, the one thing I'll say is that people were having these worries after the discord eps, and season two was still amazing. :)

at the time, many people thought it didn't get better than that, but we were all obviously wrong.

I watch the show because I like the show. The fans are fun but if all the bronies dissapeared tomarrow I would still watch the show.

I imagien there is still going to be alot of creativity in season three. They really changed things up from season one which was mostly focused on Twilight and how friendships begin and develope. Season two was about each pony as an individual and them growing into a better person. Season three I imagine will again change the focus slightly and explore a new concept.

Personally I don't understand people who think a show should end before it declines in quality. There is something to be said about brining out instead of fading away but I can't help but think of The Simpsons. When I watch an episode now I find it enjoyable There will be fans out there that will say the show should have ended after season 6. Yes it was pretty bad for awhile but its still okay and I would rather have a few years of total awesomenes and some okay years then awesomeness and then it is over. If FiM goes for seven years with four of those years being only okay I would rather have that then not having anything at all

Why are some assuming that this is the peak and everything else will be downhill?

First of all, the animators, writers, and voice actressses will always try to make the show last as long as possible and keep the quality up. Granted some episodes are better than others, but overall we've seen a good even quality.

Now yes there have been changes (focus on each of the mane six's character development, departure of lauren Faust, etc.) but these changes didn't diminish the quality of the show.

As for the fandom, the show exists for its initial purpose as for girls. Hasbro has been kind enough to recognize the bronies and add bits of fandom goodness into the show. I haven't seen any indication of that changing. As for people joining versus leaving, that's a common thing for the fandom to have a cycle. You'll have those who just get tired and leave or just recently discover MLP and join. I haven't seen any sins of people joining slowing down or people leaving accelerating.

The point is to not worry about if the show has reached its peak, it's about enjoying it now. Enjoy the present and not worry about the future.

I guess it's just the cynic in all of us who have suffered through shows that started off awesome and then went total pants after a season or two. I for one am going to be Paulie Postive for this show! Season Three is gonna be awesome! Wooh! And when I stop enjoying the show, I'll just delete it from my DVR list and move on..

Often when a show goes down hill in the first few seasons its because of a change in the budget or due to executive meddling. Something FiM has going for it is that Hasbro supports the show but does not seem interested in getting too involved. Times when they have placed demands on the show things have turned out fine.

i for one hopes for it to go on for a while, as long as the writers and storyboard artist can make kick ass music, storytelling and just plain awesomeness i will continue watching this for as long as i can.

i wouldnt say that they have reached there maximum potential on everything thats MLP based, there is so many things that they can do with the characters and background ponies and villains alike,. they can base some story's on the background ponies for e.g Derpy, Vinyl scratch, Bonbon and Lyra and amongst others that many things can associate around.

There are too many ideas i can think of that i for one dont think that the maximum potential of the series is reached until every nook and cranny can be covered, its just endless possibilities.

The writers in the third season could maybe focus more on the mane 6's familys and pasts.

I don't understand why people assume the show is going to end so soon. I reckon it'll still be going strong in the next ten years lol. :P

i hope so too man, i hope for at least 6 seasons, and who knows, maybe in the future they will have better technology for animations and such, add some kick ass CGI in there too with it :)