Making a "production group"

DannyMirage

So guys, I'm putting together a spreadsheet for you guyzez available times, It looks like there's going to have to be 2 meetings just because there are people from 2 sides of the earth. whenever we do this (still gathering info right now) I'll be present to both meetings, and I'll make sure to cover everything in the other meeting as well. if things feel too cut off I'll either email or find another alternative (I think "groups" on skype keeps every message so everyone will be able to see it even people we add later so it'll probably do fine.)

Skype saves messages for those in the group. You'll only be able to read scrollback if you're using the same device each time (or read whatever you received on that device), and those added won't be able to read anything that has been previously posted. Still, pretty effective.

Skype saves messages for those in the group. You'll only be able to read scrollback if you're using the same device each time (or read whatever you received on that device), and those added won't be able to read anything that has been previously posted. Still, pretty effective.

Thanks, Tales. Skype still amazes me X)

Is there something specific I'm forgetting to post? If have any questions ask me and I'll try to clarify on the main post. (as best I can anyway)

No you covered all the basis with in great detial, I just now looked back on this topic, I havent been on canterlot in a while, so its seems you really only need vector,concept artists and animators, which i have artistic ability so concept wise i could help and animation , I have done a little bit of but really a small amount, so I may be able to help there as well.

Before you read the following, I am right now on vacation and have no access to my serif program and wacom tablet, but I do have access to the internet and limited access to drawing programs and skype, these restrictions will not last all summer

My General description of each field and links to samples to my work

Art:

link to my devaintart is in my signature and i have a mlp:fim folder in my gallery

Animation:

I've used wmm and a program i think from serif , that had both stopmotion animation and keyfram animation features both of which I used ,below is a sample of animation I've done using wmm:

Stop motion is what I've done the most of, which was creat the individual frames and then put them together to creat a animation

VoiceActing:

I Know you already have filled most postions but if ever need more, heres some samples from me,

Heres a link to me singing as pinkie - http://soundcloud.com/sakuraleafvillage/celestia-brings-the-sunlight

Heres a link to my vioce acting playlist on my youtube channel:

I have a skype account and heres is my email: sakura.leafvillage@gmail.com - which I'm going to email you a copy of this post as well

This sounds like the start of a good deal. I have a project of my own that I've been thinking of forming a similar production group for, but of course that's a different matter that sounds rather incompatible with yours.

Still, I suppose it's good to start somewhere. Since you have all the writers you need, maybe I could join as an artist of some sort?

This sounds like the start of a good deal. I have a project of my own that I've been thinking of forming a similar production group for, but of course that's a different matter that sounds rather incompatible with yours.

Still, I suppose it's good to start somewhere. Since you have all the writers you need, maybe I could join as an artist of some sort?

Of course! We could use as many artists as possible right now.

Hey guys, it's about time for an update on this.

-At the moment I have enough Writers compared to the rest of the group.

I will look for writers at a later date.

-I'm still taking VAs.

I have enough VAs for now, but you won't be put in a permanent position unless you can do impressions of cannon characters.

-Concept artists.

I need people who can draw backgrounds, monsters, and anything else that comes up.

This is a permanent position.

-Vector artists.

I need people who actually have some experience with vectoring (not professional, just know how to draw a pony)

I would also rather use people with Adobe products for compatibility reasons. (nothing against Inkscape and Gimp users, I just don't think they're compatible)

-Storyboard artists.

I need you, as long as you know how to do it you're in. (You don't have to be perfect with drawing ponies)

-Animators.

I need people with experience in animation, if you don't know how to use models or tween then you need to take lessons first. We're trying to make this look as close to the show as possible, meaning we're going to use the same methods that everyone else is using.

If you do "effects" you will be a good asset to the team, I expect these to be Frame by frames but if you have a better method that's also accepted.

I operate CS5.5 It'd be best if you had that however we can convert to Legend formats if necessary, but that tends to be annoying.

-Musicians.

I am no longer taking permanent positions for musicians, when you are needed I will post for help.

-Sound engineers. (editing vocals, making sounds of your own, and other related works)

This is a permanent position, If you specialize in something, please let me know.

-Video editors.

I'm looking for permanent video editors, just keep in mind that this is a position that will be waiting... a lot...

-Management.

If you aren't able to help in the previous fields, I could use some help taming this beast. (keeping records, making spreadsheets, managing group chats, nothing hard.)

This will be a permanent position for obvious reasons

Other stuff

My goals and requirements remain the same.

If you want any position from this point, I need proof that you know what you're doing. (in other words, I want at least one sample of your work. If there's no sample I probably won't even finish reading it)

when you send applications for the group please use the following format:

-Real Name

-What you'd like to be called

-Position you want (the main one you want to focus on)

-Specialties in that field

-Sample

-Notes (if you have another position that you can fill)

This will avoid confusion and help me respond faster, jumbled up messages with links everywhere make me want to skip it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would love too! I wasn't sure because it was made last year, and the last reply was in October. I am a dedicated artist so any way I could contribute art would be great! Maybe an updated thread would be good, I dunno, unless there is a thread I am missing? I would be good for concept artist, vector images, I can even give a go at background even though i have never explored the area, characters/monsters, themes, you name it! :D

I would love too! I wasn't sure because it was made last year, and the last reply was in October. I am a dedicated artist so any way I could contribute art would be great! Maybe an updated thread would be good, I dunno, unless there is a thread I am missing? I would be good for concept artist, vector images, I can even give a go at background even though i have never explored the area, characters/monsters, themes, you name it! :D

We're really looking for animators right now. If you can help out making some puppets, contact me on Skype- jinxedthingsring

• 4 weeks later...

I would up for being a musician for this, but bare in mind, I have never done anything like this before... I don't know how I will fare with any deadlines and such but am willing to try :D

Here's one of my songs, so you know my sound...

https://soundcloud.com/tenseconds10/home-anthropology-remastered

I'm more involved with orchestral pieces but am looking to embellish with electronic stuff

I'm not sure what else to put down at the moment... Voice acting maybe?