Making a "production group"

DannyMirage

Hay, I was wondering if some ponies were interested in joining a group to work on producing some animations (starting with ponies).

I have this posted on another site as well, but there are no animators there lol and I could use all the help I can get.

I want to work with as many ponies as possible.

The purpose of it is so we can produce faster working together, Improve our abilities working on our parts and with others, and to build some friendships with other ponies interested in the same thing.

The group won't be focusing on a specific genre, but I plan to cover action/comedy, maybe Drama. I however refuse to do grimdark or anything a younger pony couldn't (and shouldn't) watch.

I would like to keep our work PG rated.

What the group needs:

-Writers

-Editors

-Concept artists (and storyboard writers)

-Voice Actors and Actresses

-Sound designers (engineers?)

-Animators

-Musicians

About me and my future plans:

__________________________________________________ _________________

-My primary objective is to make a group that can connect and bring our ideas to life (somewhat) and increase our abilities while getting our names out there for other projects.

-I do want to eventually make a movie involving the mane six but that's not the ultimate goal.

-I don't plan to make a fan show, but I plan to do skits every once in a while (kinda like what Mr. Ponimator does every week except without the commitment of an every week thing, even though that sounds bad.)

-I plan to use the mane characters when possible, we should start with BG ponies and/or Original characters. (Passable VA's are going to be something I'll have to worry about when we get better skilled together)

-I have time throughout the week (13 hours at the least) to animate and will be providing models (Male and female I can change stuff from there). I work with Adobe Flash professional CS5.5, Adobe Illustrator CS5.5, Photoshop CS5.5, And Adobe After Effects CS5.5, I also have screen capturing software and some simple music programs. I plan to find more animators and a vector artist (if nothing else I can do that too).

-Primary Communication method is going to be Skype, I also plan to use Email and Dropbox so nopony's left behind. This is what we're doing in another project and it seems to be working well.

-I want to avoid saying that we're going to be making a mini series, the skits that we do, won't exactly be following a story until the movie (or at least I have no intentions of it) they'd just be more small arguments, conversations, and events around ponyville.

-I wouldn't mind using Original characters as long as they're described for me to draw.

-I have no big ideas except for the movie project, which I'll tell everypony about once the group is situated. I might read a skit over and ask you to add an idea I got while reading it (i'll try not to do that often though, as I'm sure i can be a pain rewriting to make something to fit in the story.)

Now for the points of interest:

-We'd definitely start with Original Characters (we'd be able to use any voices for the characters if background ponies aren't available) and move on to Pregenerated Characters.

-We'd start with skits, and once we think we have everything down we'd move on to the movie Idea (this is aimed mainly at the animators, myself included, I want to make sure we're ready for a full length project before we start on it. The beginning skits are pretty much practice, after all Practice makes perfect.) After the movie project, we'd pretty much discuss our future plans.

-an Instant messenger would be the best method of communication, of course I would use email as well to make sure everypony is up to date in case they miss an IM conversation (which I knoweverypony getting on at the same time would be really rare). We will be using Dropbox for filesharing (sending models, vectors, scripts, audio files, and things like that).

-We'll put it on Youtube, but that's about as published as I plan for it to get except for movie (and /or future movies), I'll try to host long stuff on a website so ponies can download it. (for free of course, I wouldn't try to make profit off of somepony else's ideas, names, or trademarks, that's just wrong, not to mention illegal.)

Goals and Requirements:

__________________________________________________ ____________________

My plans for the group are:

-To start with small skits (say maybe a 1-2 minutes)

-Move on to making about a video a month (basically pick up speed)

-From there I'd like to lengthen the videos, 5-10 (like Epic Wub Time or something similar)

-Sometime during Season 3 begin a larger scale project (once we get the short clips down)

-Continue with the monthly videos once the larger scale project is done

General Requirements:

-Have experience in what you want to join as

-Have a good attitude and be open minded

-Willing to do work (with time, things will become simpler)

Writer/Editor Requirements:

-Have a small sample of your work. (a page or so, not a novel and not just a paragraph)

-Clean language and no gore (sorry, I can't handle that kind of stuff)

(If you want to impress me, focus on the dialogue)

Fellow Animators:

-A short sample (at least 10 seconds) featuring either movement (walking, stopping, running, and moving a single leg) or talking (hair, eyes, and mouth)

-Description of the way you animate (So I know we're all animating the same way)

-List of programs you use and the version of the program.

Musician Requirements:

-A sample of some of your music (either a mix of a bunch of your songs or send me links to a few of your songs)

-Preferred genre of music (don't tell me you do anything, this is based on what you like)

Voice Actors and Actresses:

-A sample of voices you can do with a list of the voices used in chronological order (it's okay if you only have one mastered)

-Info on your recording equipment (Mic and recording software)

(I'm prioritizing the mane six, but any voice you can do will be awesome and I'll try to find opportunities to use you.)

If you have any questions leave them here and I'll make sure to respond to them.

my email is dannymirage13@gmail.com

With just a few more details or a plan , I'd be happy to jump on board, learning more and doing animation is my next big goal for me as a artist. Moreover, I'd be happy to provide anything else needed, I sing,play guitar and , have done a little voice acting in the past, etc.

Is there something specific I'm forgetting to post? If have any questions ask me and I'll try to clarify on the main post. (as best I can anyway)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, there hasn't been that much action on this post, but on a different forum, I've been getting a lot of responses. Right now I have a writer, a video editor, an animator, an effects animator, an electric musician and a male VA. of course im counting myself in the group, but that 6 people so far, but like I said, I could use all the help I can get. I would like to have at least twice as many people helping in this group. I could use another of each, and some artists! Vector artists, concept artists, and story board artists, I need you!

Well, I do voice acting and I'm a musician. I'm a girl, and as far as impressions go the only pony I can do alright is Fluttershy. As for music, I play a ton of instruments. I also love writing this kind of stuff.

I definitely would need more details though...

Well, I do voice acting and I'm a musician. I'm a girl, and as far as impressions go the only pony I can do alright is Fluttershy. As for music, I play a ton of instruments. I also love writing this kind of stuff.

I definitely would need more details though...

Okay, well if you have any questions, just ask away and I'll make sure to answer them. (I don't know what you want details on exactly)

I sent you an e-mail for voice acting, Danny.

This sounds like fun. :D

I sent you an email about writing/voice acting.

sorry guys, I didn't get either of your emails...

check that you're sending it to dannymirage13@gmail.com

If you did send it to that address try my alternate: daniel101393@yahoo.com

I don't know why, I haven't been getting personal emails, I'll look into it.

Nevermind, Google put it under "spam" I'll respond to your emails asap

• Like 1

I'd be very intrested in this, though im not sure what role i could play. :/ I have experience in concept works and scripts that sorta stuff. I'll work on getting a sample to you if thats ok? :)

I hate to say this guys, but I can't accept anymore writers right now, the group's at a 1:3 ratio (one out of every 3 people is a writer)

Right now we need vector artists, concept artists, and animators other than me(I don't want to be the only one doing ponies).

Also, I could use someone to help with organization, once we get started officially I won't have very much time outside of animating and working.

Those of you who don't think you can help right now, don't worry, we're going to need people with free time (literally the only thing you'll need).

I'll have more info on this later, probably this summer.

Psh, I would love to join as a musician, however, I assume you're looking for someone who knows how to do all that fancy stuff on the computer, and not just play the saxaphone or clarinet...

Qualifications, while I don't have any recent stuff on the webs at the moment, I'm section leader at my school for both instruments, and have had a great deal experience with improv.

Psh, I would love to join as a musician, however, I assume you're looking for someone who knows how to do all that fancy stuff on the computer, and not just play the saxaphone or clarinet...

Qualifications, while I don't have any recent stuff on the webs at the moment, I'm section leader at my school for both instruments, and have had a great deal experience with improv.

I wish I could play an awesome instrument like the Sax...

however I would need more of a full orchestra sound than one instrument, however I'll make a note on you, something might open up that we'd need someone with your talents :)

So guys, I'm putting together a spreadsheet for you guyzez available times, It looks like there's going to have to be 2 meetings just because there are people from 2 sides of the earth. whenever we do this (still gathering info right now) I'll be present to both meetings, and I'll make sure to cover everything in the other meeting as well. if things feel too cut off I'll either email or find another alternative (I think "groups" on skype keeps every message so everyone will be able to see it even people we add later so it'll probably do fine.)