The lunar guard

Karnaloth

Hmm... from the comments on your Strife Application, it was made perfectly clear that your pony would likely have been a daytime/Celestia guard before moving to the night guard shift.

Imagination pointed it out right here:

And you commented again on the Application, with no qualms.

honestly, that was just a makeshift path around it, I cannot let my own personal hatred for Celestia control all my OC's, hence, I moved her around it, she was in the regular royal guard, but I never had to rp her in there.

and I'm officially confused now, Brian. You deny their existance, but you also confirm it. atleast, the way I see it, you say there is a guard specificly for Luna, but its not called the Lunar guard.

edit: going to re-read this all tommorow, probably will make more sense to me then.

honestly, that was just a makeshift path around it, I cannot let my own personal hatred for Celestia control all my OC's, hence, I moved her around it, she was in the regular royal guard, but I never had to rp her in there.

and I'm officially confused now, Brian. You deny their existance, but you also confirm it. atleast, the way I see it, you say there is a guard specificly for Luna, but its not called the Lunar guard.

They are officially called the Lunar Guard or Night Guard, they are her personal bodyguard and of her residence(s), their purpose is to protect Luna and her possessions. They are a part of the overall royal guard, who overall protect the princesses and Canterlot, the royal guard are in turn are part of the REA, the overall military that protect Equestria. Royal Guard is also often used as a synonym for the REA since all the military officially serve the sovereigns of Equestria (the princesses)

• Like 1

Long and short of it is that if a Lunar Guard and a regular old Royal Guard were to sit down and have tea together, it'd be like if someone from the 1st and 4th ID did. Different formations, same 'army'.

oh, makes sense now. but I think I left the wrong impression, I didn't want the lunar guard to be a faction on their own, it just seemed to make sense to me if they did. So the actually do exist, but are just another group of ponies so to speak, should've gone to bed earlier. Welp not deleting Strify den (PHEW! to much thought went into that pony)

I'm going to cry in a corner and think of how stupid I am now. *walks to corner*

oh, makes sense now. but I think I left the wrong impression, I didn't want the lunar guard to be a faction on their own, it just seemed to make sense to me if they did. So the actually do exist, but are just another group of ponies so to speak, should've gone to bed earlier. Welp not deleting Strify den (PHEW! to much thought went into that pony)

I'm going to cry in a corner and think of how stupid I am now. *walks to corner*

Don't worry about it, we all make mistakes from time to time. I am just glad it is cleared up for you. :)