The lunar guard

Karnaloth

we dont know alot about them, so.. assuming we got some site canon for it, mind answering a few questions, nya?

my Strife is a lunar guards mare, and seeing as we decided that the bat wings were a spell, will we assume the riptillian eyes they have are part of that spell? as well as the puffy ears and grey coat colour they all seem to have? (well all, we've only seen a couple of them)

do the Lunar guards take orders from Shining armour? I personally doubt this, because it seems illogical. but I feel its safer to ask.

and if he isn't, is a lunar guards captain available for creation now? (I certainly hope not) personally I believe its safer too keep the lunar guard captain existant, but non-player so to speak.

So far the only guards we know of are the Royal Canterlot Guards who protect all of Canterlot. The Bat Pony guards were just regular Royal Guards with a spell on so that they fit in with the whole NightMare Night idea.

So far the only guards we know of are the Royal Canterlot Guards who protect all of Canterlot. The Bat Pony guards were just regular Royal Guards with a spell on so that they fit in with the whole NightMare Night idea.

Alright though that's seems propostorous to me.

that basically means the one that approved Strife had no idea what he/she was doing, since I explicitly mentioned she was afflicted with the lunar guard, it was also mentioned in Strife's thread that the lunar guard was presumably established after her arrival.

it doesn't make sense for 2 royal ponies to have the same guard, if a rivalry would arise, the other would be bucked, so a personal royal guard is of the essence.

The whole rivalry thing happened once if you recall

and the guard stuck with Celestia...since their duty is to CANTERLOT.

I would also like to make note that Miss Lime is in fact not joking with you.

We were not given the information due to the fact that it doesn't matter. All that we know is Celestia and Luna fought and Luna got banished to the moon. As far as the show will ever inform us is that there is only one type of guard and will always only be one type of guard.

My point of view:

I see no reason why we couldn't accept existence of Lunar Guards who pledged their loyalty to Luna before Celestia, while still acting in the name of Canterlot. They'd have to be proposed into board lore canon of course.

It's not like they're harmful to be honest.

In same way we could neglect the existence of REA, but there are plenty of REA OC's around.

Now, taken from MLP wiki: "The royal guards consist of white and dark gray Pegasus, unicorn and Earth ponies clad in solid golden armor who serve Princess Celestia, and dark gray Pegasus ponies with purple armor who serve Princess Luna."

If they were CANTERLOT guards, I could agree that they'd be under influence of spell and stuff. But they are ROYAL guards, meaning they pledge loyalty to Celestia. Why some of them wouldn't go for Luna?

Moreover, I'd like to notice that differently geared guards appear not only in Luna Eclipsed.

S2E20_-_Guard.PNG

Night_Guard_after_spell_S2E20.png

So once again, why wouldn't we assume that Lunar Guards actually do exist, and act as night guards?

Edit: I didn't make myself fully clear, I do agree that guards in S02E04 were under the influence of spell, but I also disagree in believing that Lunar Guards don't exist.

So basically the answer to alll your questions is

tianano.gif

you seem to work awefully hard to get on my nerves.

oh and Alison, thats bullocks and you know it, your basically denying the existance of the entire REA now.

its common sense that there are different guards for the different rulers, take the templars, they fought for Christianity, but didn't take direct orders from the pope either.

and honestly if there's no royal lunar guard, Destriers shouldn't exist either.

The Mods say no, so it's no reguardless of what the argument for it is that's just how it is....

Say "no" to bat wings? Fine. Unless we assumed that some night guards prefer to maintain the spell.

Saying "no" to Lunar Guard? Uh-uh. Mods actually say "yes" to Lunar Guard itself.

Your%20argument%20is%20invalid%2012.gif

My point of view:

I see no reason why we couldn't accept existence of Lunar Guards who pledged their loyalty to Luna before Celestia, while still acting in the name of Canterlot. They'd have to be proposed into board lore canon of course.

It's not like they're harmful to be honest.

In same way we could neglect the existence of REA, but there are plenty of REA OC's around.

Now, taken from MLP wiki: "The royal guards consist of white and dark gray Pegasus, unicorn and Earth ponies clad in solid golden armor who serve Princess Celestia, and dark gray Pegasus ponies with purple armor who serve Princess Luna."

If they were CANTERLOT guards, I could agree that they'd be under influence of spell and stuff. But they are ROYAL guards, meaning they pledge loyalty to Celestia. Why some of them wouldn't go for Luna?

Moreover, I'd like to notice that differently geared guards appear not only in Luna Eclipsed.

S2E20_-_Guard.PNG

Night_Guard_after_spell_S2E20.png

So once again, why wouldn't we assume that Lunar Guards actually do exist, and act as night guards?

Edit: I didn't make myself fully clear, I do agree that guards in S02E04 were under the influence of spell, but I also disagree in believing that Lunar Guards don't exist.

On that note I would like to make note that just due to the fact that his armor is colored different doesn't mean he is a Lunar guard, it means he is a Canterlot guard that has his shift at night.

Everypony stop.

I'm all for discussion and exposition, but this level of immaturity is aggravating and appalling. Is it too much to ask for people to be polite to each other? A bit of common courtesy goes a long way.

The staff has discussed the "Lunar Guard" issue and our decision was that Luna's protective detail ARE members of the Royal Guard/REA you see around Canterlot. They merely wear a different uniform type to indicate their association with Luna. They are NOT a separate army.

Let me try and address the OP's questions:

The pegasi that pulled Luna's chariot during the Nightmare Night episode gain their bat wings and dragon eyes and any other slight alterations of appearance from a cosmetic spell.

The Lunar Guard would take orders from whoever their commanding officer is. The commanding officer of one company would not issue orders to a platoon from another company unless that specific platoon was attached to his company for a mission. Thus, the Lunar Guard would not be taking direct orders from Shining Armor unless they were attached to his unit for a specific mission.

It should be noted that the REA/Guard forces currently use a similar organizational setup to the US Army in terms of board canon. Thus, the rank of "captain" is not the highest rank; an army captain would lead a company of soldiers, not the entire army. The way our current RP system is set up, there are no players for upper echelon military brass and it is likely to remain that way; it is much easier to be social with a captain or lieutenant or sergeant than it is to just bump into an active-duty colonel or general and expect to carry on small talk.

As for rivalries, this board isn't about Solar Empire vs. New Lunar Republic. We're at peace here in Mane RP and Luna and Celestia are NOT going to war with each other, so the concerns about Night Guard needing to be able to fight Day Guard are unwarranted. The only rivalry I could see is the friendly intramural rivalries that naturally arise (eg: Alpha company beats Bravo company in hoofball or has better PT records) in such a fraternity.

As for Destriers, it was a proposed concept a long time ago that was designed to provide a set of loose guidelines for knight-themed ponies. The Destriers are not an army and their role in society is more of a monastic order that preaches virtue and self-control rather than warmongering and lack of temperance.

To summarize:

• "Day Guard" and "Night Guard" are ALL "Royal Guard" or REA and all play for the same team.
  • They just have different shifts and are assigned to protect different princesses!
  • The bat wings, etc. are a spell.
  • DON'T BE DONKEYS TO EACH OTHER!

alright, can you simply delete a character then?

As for Destriers, it was a proposed concept a long time ago that was designed to provide a set of loose guidelines for knight-themed ponies. The Destriers are not an army and their role in society is more of a monastic order that preaches virtue and self-control rather than warmongering and lack of temperance.

they're like a complete copy of the Templars, they had a so called ''passive'' role, but did more headchopping then any christian country.

alright, can you simply delete a character then?

they're like a complete copy of the Templars, they had a so called ''passive'' role, but did more headchopping then any christian country.

I do not understand why the character would be deleted. From what I read from Dio's post, there is a Lunar Guard (or whatever the official name is), who is a personal guard to Luna and who while that spell is on, look like those night bat ponies (its a style thing for her personal guard). They are just part of the overall Royal Guard, which makes perfect sense since both Luna and Celestia are part of the same royal family and thus have the same overall royal guard under them as co-rulers of Equestria. The Luna Guard even would have their own commanding officer within that group.

excuse my stupidity, bu from what I read, Dio completely DENIED they're existance, which is why I wish to delete her, she's affliated to Lunar guard, not Celestia's, and not regulars. why do I not want her to be, you ask? simply, I openly dislike Celestia in every single way. oh, and just an edit, I know Lunar guards wouldn't have batwings and shaz 24/7 its just for the sake of pointing out which ponies I mean.

oh and the Templar copy aint bad, dem templars are badass /)^ɛ^(\

might be my lack of sleep acting up, plus the fact that I'm close to exploding right now.

excuse my stupidity, bu from what I read, Dio completely DENIED they're existance, which is why I wish to delete her, she's affliated to Lunar guard, not Celestia's, and not regulars. why do I not want her to be, you ask? simply, I openly dislike Celestia in every single way.

Hmm... from the comments on your Strife Application, it was made perfectly clear that your pony would likely have been a daytime/Celestia guard before moving to the night guard shift.

Imagination pointed it out right here:

I would suggest this:

You could have her dream of being a guard (as the general palace guard is all there was until recently) and accomplishing that dream. Then during her service, when the night guard was reinstated, she could request a transfer then, and THEN be a night guard.

And you commented again on the Application, with no qualms.

excuse my stupidity, bu from what I read, Dio completely DENIED they're existance, which is why I wish to delete her, she's affliated to Lunar guard, not Celestia's, and not regulars. why do I not want her to be, you ask? simply, I openly dislike Celestia in every single way. oh, and just an edit, I know Lunar guards wouldn't have batwings and shaz 24/7 its just for the sake of pointing out which ponies I mean.

oh and the Templar copy aint bad, dem templars are badass /)^ɛ^(\

might be my lack of sleep acting up, plus the fact that I'm close to exploding right now.

Well I am trying to find a solution here. From what I understand for all those who applied for ponies that be part of Luna's guard is that it was made clear that the bat wings and cat eyes were part of a spell that was used to give that illusion, outside of that they look normal and have normal lives. Those who are in the "Luna Guard" are the persona guard of Princess Luna, they protect her personal residence and travel with her to keep her safe. They fall under the overall royal guard that protects all the royalty (Luna, Celestia, Cadance), and that falls under the over REA, but their job is very specific.

It all makes sense give all three alicorns are part of the same royal family and live in the same city.