Canterlot; the Movie -The Canterlot Gambit (OPEN)

Boss_Hoss1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver looked at the bear cub in the bush and said, "I have to agree. If the mother is near, I don't want to stick around!". He took a few steps back and looked around for the mother bear. "I dont see her around, maybe he's an orphan?", he said to the others.

"W-Well if the m-mom is n-n-n-nearby t-then we sh-should run!" He was brutalizing every other word, but he didn't care, a bear could be close, and more than likely none of them were experienced enough in their ponified bodies to fight or run very fast.

Thrylos hopped to see what was going on, and saw a bear cub, groaning and wriggling as the bleeding cub got slowly to its paws and began to wail to the sky. The pegasus filly fluttered over to it and looked at the little furry creature, then smiled and licked its fur. The feeling was comforting to the bear cub, but man did it taste horrible on the fillies tongue!

Hoss looked around in sudden worry that a momma bear would suddenly come out of the bushes, but after several minutes, nothing happened.

The bay unicorn wiped his brow with a hoof and looked in wonder at Thrylos, er, Rainy soothing the cub. "Um, well.. Rainy, since this is Equestria, where critters are intelligent, and such... I dont' suppose you can get the cub to give an indication where the momma bear is?"

He could not help wondering what other surprises awaited no matter which of the two paths they took.

Silverbolt felt a little feverish as he listened to Hoss ask if there was any chance of locating the mother and replied,"Ugh, I don't feel too good... I'm feeling a little feverish, maybe it was something I ate...". Realizing he had gone on a tangent there, he smiled and said, "I'm sorry about that. It seems my ADHD has followed me here.... Let me see if I have my medicine with me.". Checking his saddlebags, he discovered that his pill bottle was gone, but was replaced with strange herbs and roots and a scroll with the prescribed dosages of each root to be taken.

He read the scroll silently and noticed that it still said twice a day but differently. "Eat one wrapped dose at first light and another when the sun is at it's peak in the sky.", he read aloud. Before closing his saddlebags, he checked the sky and took a dose.

'Wait, if his medication changed, then....ah crud' Codex cringed at the thought, but he had to be sure; better safe than sorry right? The saddlebag of his was quite distinguisable from Silver's, the letter 'WRCo.' written with a black marker as he looked through the contents. A journal and random stuff, but...

"Nothing! Where's my Insulin pen?!" He started to panic. After a useless search, he looked to the others.

"Well, this stinks." Those were his last words before he ran down the right path, shouting in a panic.

Tyler knew how things like this end: everyone ended up dead. A small bear that his companions were too stupid to leave behind and one pony (brony) running off into nowhere. Tyler ran to follow, knowing that leaving them behind was his only hope.

(OOC: Sorry Delay, just recently found out Thrylos is experincing technical difficulties, so I'll go ahead and post to bump this thread.)

The bay unicorn blinked as one of the newly-minted ponies mentioned he had ADHD and checked his bag, to find what the medicine would be in Equestria. This was even stranger than the threat of a wayward bear, lessening by every moment a momma bear does not appear.

"Wait a hoof pickin' minute, some of our problems arent' corrected by the change? Wierd.. I dont' need reading glasses.." Just to be sure, he makes a quick check of his saddlebag, finding only pencil, quill and paper.. and a bag of coins. No glasses.

Suddenly, before Hoss could breath a sigh of relief, Codex flew into a panic, mentioning Insulin. Tyler ran after as well.

"Oh, Luna! We should not be splitting up, even this close to Canterlot!"

He looked toward the others "Rainy, Silverbolt, I think we'd better catch up. I'm afraid the cub will have to stay behind IF it has a mom out here... If you arent' along by the time I catch Codex, I'll come back to find you. I promise."

Hoss hoped Rainy questioning the cub would work and they would not have to leave the cub behind, it seemed rather underfed after all. Not a good sign in a world were even mice were sentient...

Without another word, Hoss wheeled about and galloped after the horrified Codex.

"Wait! Stop! There's things even in Whitetail Wood that can hurt us! We'll find a doctor and see if you actually need insulin here! Codex! Stooooop!"

A raven in a nearby tree looked thoughtful, and moved closer to observe the ponies, its eyes flashing an odd red for a moment..

He could has sworn Boss was shouting something to him, but he didn't slow down. He only sped up, moving past trees and rocks as if they were a blur. To his suprise, he wasn't slowly down like he would have back home. His mind kept shouted at him slow down, slow down, but he didn't. He finally stopped when he hit something hard.

" *gibberish* " He muttered and collapsed onto the trail, unconsious.

Silver felt the fever rise and shift to his horn as it glowed a silver color while he was chasing after Codex with Hoss, "I feel really strange! Like something is going to happen to me!", he exclaimed.

Silver could feel his mind expanding, accommodating the magic spells he seemed to have learned and mastered almost instantaneously. He smiled until he saw Codex run into a tree and collapse unconscious. At this point, he could feel the unfocused magic about to explode forth from his horn but managed to quickly focus it into a healing spell and said aloud, "stand back! My magic potential is awakening! I am trying to put it to healing Codex but it could backfire!"

Stopping near Codex's prone body, Silver let the spell fly from his horn and envelop Codex in a soothing silver mist. "I...hope...that works. I'm pretty beat now from all that.", he said to the others while panting from all that galloping.

Codex slowly gained consiousness as he saw the large group around him.

"I haven't felt this bad since running into a metal pole when I was young." He said, rubbing the back of his head. "And I just realized that our medical histories don't apply here, do they?"

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: Sorry for the delays, i have had some health issues plaguing me for over a month, and only found out the last few days that tylerbon is out of this RP. We will play around Thrylos who has an upcoming move to Washington state around the 22nd. Her pegafilly self and the cub will be following along for now.

Feel free to PM me if you have anything you want to try, and I will do the same in the OOC thread for this RP if I have any special events in-thread to come together on. And Anypony reading this RP is still free to jump in any time.)

Hoss finally caught up and sat on his haunches beside the fallen unicorn, trying to check over Codex "Are you hurt badly?"

Suddenly Silver got his attention.about magic potential starting to work. Hoss scrambled backwards and wowed in awe as magic built up in Silver and was projected over Codex.

His own horn tingled a bit from the magic in the air while Codex regained consciousness.

Chuckling, Hoss replied "I would guess our medical histories will vary somewhat. I can see fine now without glasses, and equines have a very robust pancreas since hays and grains are full of starches and sugars. Still, we can check a doctor when we reach civilization. I think we all should. For that matter, should we go ahead on this path to Canterlot, or head the other way to Ponyville?"

"So wait, If you don't have you glasses, then why do I still have mine..." He placed his hoof onto his muzzle, the glasses before him were broken beyond repair, the lens cracked and the frames bent uncomfortably.

"Well, had anyway." He then tossed them onto the ground.

Silver was relieved to see that his magic had worked properly as Codex regained consciousness. He said something about how their medical histories didn't apply here and Silver listened to Hoss' response and stating that he could see fine without his glasses. This prompted Codex to remove his busted pair of glasses and Silver decided to see for himself as he pulled his glasses off his snout. He expected the world to become blurry but his vision was the same! "I guess you are right! I don't need my glasses either!", he said with a grin.

When Hoss mentioned checking in with a doctor when they reached civilization and if they should go to Ponyville or Canterlot on this road, Silver put a hoof to his snout and weighed the options, Seeing a doctor was prudent when one is unsure of your condition but the difficult choice was which city they should visit. On the one hand, Silver wanted to meet Twilight and her friends but he also wanted to see the Princesses and peruse the vast magical libraries there. He replied to Hoss, "I'm torn. I really want to go to Ponyville and see Twilight and her friends but on the other hoof, I want to visit the libraries of Canterlot and possibly get an audience with the Princesses and explain our situation. I can't decide!"

Hoss tapped his hoof in thought as his fellow bronies brought up some very good points "It may have to do with self identity or something completely incomprehensable. Whoever did this to us might have an answer, or Twilight or the libraries might too. I know if many of my ills translated over I would not be a happy pony. As it is my left ankle.. um, hock would have left me lame here since its been sprained repeatedly and broken at least once and... Look! it seems right as rain. Hopefully that does not mean whoever got us here expects us to run and fight."

Hoss hmmms and listens to silver's thoughts, then looked to see if Rainy had a preference. oop, she was busy being a foal and playing with the cub. Oh well. Well, Codex, how good is your vision without those? I can try my horn out and see if I can repair those for you if you like. As for direction, Would tossing a coin be acceptable?" He reached back into his saddlebag and pulled out a Bit. it wasnt untill he held up the coin on the flat of his hoof that he blinked, realizing he did that without fingers "Um wait... how did I do that?"

"My visions is suprisingly fine, but could you just fix the frames? It feels weird not having glasses on." Codex replied, seeing even the smallest hair on Boss' coat but was also facinated by how he managed to grab the bit without and fingers. Out of curiousity, he look a look into the saddlebag laying on the ground and tried to pull out a leather cover journal, only to have the same effect.

"I am both amazed and mentally disturbed by this." He muttered to himself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Silver Swirl chuckled at Hoss' and Codex's reaction to lifting things with their hooves. He didn't know how they did it and sung aloud, "Just repeat to yourself, 'I'm just a pony and I should really just relax!'".

"Tossing a coin sounds perfectly reasonable, Hoss. Winner of the toss gets to pick our destination.", Silver responded to Hoss' question, as he lifted an apple out his saddlebags and took a bite out of it.

Holding it in his hoof, he looked at the red apple in his hoof as he swallowed the first bite. "Oh Celestia! This apple is absolutely divine! The sweetness, texture, and juicyness of it has me sold on the idea of staying here permanently! Our apples back home can't compare to this!", he exclaimed as he slowly finished the apple, savoring every mouthful before carefully burying the core in the ground.

Hoss looked to the broneys "Heh, yeah that's right. Okay, Heads, Codex gets to choose, Tails, Silver Swirl chooses, and after that I can give a try at fixing those frames, Codex."

The bay unicorn closes his eyes and thinks of flipping the coin as he tosses his hoof up. Hoss quickly opens his eyes to see what the coin is doing and ready to catch it.

The gold Bit spins in the air, flashing light. Hoss spots a raven diving for the coin and panics, frantically kicking a rock into the air to knock the raven away. Fortunately the raven is frightened and veers away, letting the coin land on the trail. (makes real coin toss) "And it's ..tails!"

The wayward rock lands in the brush ahead while he raven settles into a tree further ahead, looking frustrated.

(OOC: another player asked to join, and presented reasons for his appearance and limitations that happen to dovetail with my plotting of the being that is behind it all. It was not an easy decision, but we are down several players already, and any new blood is welcome.

Since it may help interest in continuing. I'll be making a Q&A post in the OOC thread for Canterlot The Movie and reveal some of what is going on and listen to suggestions. For now, while the new player is a very young alicorn, he's essentailly as powerless as we are, a unicorn with wings he dont know how to use.

I'll be working hard to try and keep things balanced and will listen to any input from you guys.)

Lightning 'Carmana' Shadow (as his fellow bronies called him) woke up slowly in the bushes......he looked at his hooves and... "SINCE WHEN DO I HAVE HOOVES!?!" he looked himself over...purple coat......2 gold bands with a black gem set in them on each leg...black and yellow blade like mane and tail...horn......wings......and if he could see himself he had bright yellow eyes with black slits for pupils......he let out a cry of shock

"You guys hear that?" Codex asked, completely ignoring the coin toss. His left ear had snapped straight when he heard a shout coming from somewhere in the bush.

"I volunteer...Boss to go investigate." He raised his left hoof, then suddenly point it to Boss.

"So I get to choose which city we visit first." Silver thought to himself as Boss announced the result of the coin toss. A look of deep thought returned to his face as he replied to Boss, "Let's visit Ponyville. It will have more familiar landmarks and we are less likely to get lost."

He was ready to take the road to Ponyville but halted as he also heard the noise. "Yeah, Codex, I heard it too.", he replied with an excited smile. When Codex volunteered Boss to investigate, he held up a halting hoof. "Now hold on, he shouldn't investigate alone. Safety in numbers, remember? We do it together!", he said with authority as he moved towards the bushes.

Hoss felt his ears twitch and point toward where the rock he had kicked had landed, a voice called out from near that bush. "Man that felt wierd, but cool...."

The bay unicorn stallion snorted and smirked as he was volenteered to look. "I would rather search by long stick, poking it ahead of me."

Fortunately Silver Swirl suggested they all go look. "Yes, that sounds much better."

Hoss moved off to the right, angling in to flank the mysterious bushes "Excuse me, are you a local, or.. did you have a bad night too?"

In a tall tree overlooking the scene, a raven perched and kept a wary eye on these strange ponies...