The Report feature - Not so negative.

MyLittlePonyTales

Just noticed that there is now an award for reporting posts. Now everypony's gonna find an excuse to use it! :lol:

Those are awarded at my discretion. Just a little thanks for those that want to help us keep the community awesome.

Those are awarded at my discretion. Just a little thanks for those that want to help us keep the community awesome.

It is also a fancy thing to keep people on the prowl for the 'big scores' but tbh if you are reporting things just to get an award you have some srs issues.

I reported what I found since it hurt the community in a way that I felt was too big to just let slide. Artax promptly took care of it and the issue was resolved. It was his choice that i get my fancy award for being so helpful. I must say that I will always be checking and double checking the rules and such to make sure that I am up to date with them and informing anypony should they be outside of the rules. But you also must remember that not everything is report worthy, somethings only take a "Hey, you might want to change this due to the rule found here(insert link)."

• 3 months later...

"Please note: The moderator will be made aware of the link to the page you are reporting.

This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectionable content and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons."

This is still the message shown when reporting a post, as I found out just a little earlier today. I wouldn't actually be surprised if there isn't an option to change this, given how minor it would be for the majority of users, but I'm still genuinely curious as to whether or not it can be changed.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought we should report trolls in the bathroom. (HP ref ftw?)

In any case, I might have used the report button more than anybody else over on MLPFORUMS, so I hope I don't need to again. I am pretty strict for what I report. W/o a character limit here, it makes it harder to discern what is spam and what isn't though.

We tend to leave that up to the reader of the post. If it fits into the conversation and the conversation is in the right place, within the rules, and doesn't seem like spam, best to give it the benefit of the doubt.