No Lands End [Discussion Page]

I wouldnt mind DMing the minor things like keeping track of supplies, landscape management, and the like, but this your world thrylos and you understand how it works not me. I would suggest you remain in control of any random encounters, creature/monster and NPC control that is required, and general oversight of the story.

but random encounters are what makes it fun! its not as enjoyable if we know whats gonna happen all the time. just do your thing its your thread your world have fun with it! and actually now that i think about it i wouldnt mind dming an npc character here and there, but when they appear should still be your choice

CrescentBlaze: I think making it so anyone can win randomly with a random uber attack is unfair. My thought is that everyone is a certain level of power, and the more ponies fighting the better chance of winning. I made an exception with the Wilden/Beast fight, but I don't plan on doing that again. Either die or run if you don't have enough fighting power on your side.

tyler008bon: Probably just PM me. I would be happy if you could "suggest" the thread, but make sure they know to PM me if they want to join.

fair enough. I didnt really mean for it to be insta-win but thats fine lets just have whatever wepon they are using play into it as well that way we add them together to get a total, I mean crescent with a rock, while still deadly, isnt as deadly as Crescent with a sword. So I propose something like this:

Crescent Blaze- base power 8/10

weapon power 10/10 (its a darn good sword as I believe I explained but feel free to moderate the numbers)

together we get 18 out of a max of 20

hows that sound?

CrescentBlaze: I think making it so anyone can win randomly with a random uber attack is unfair. My thought is that everyone is a certain level of power, and the more ponies fighting the better chance of winning. I made an exception with the Wilden/Beast fight, but I don't plan on doing that again. Either die or run if you don't have enough fighting power on your side.

tyler008bon: Probably just PM me. I would be happy if you could "suggest" the thread, but make sure they know to PM me if they want to join.

Don't worry, I NEVER intend to make Wilden that god-like again, I just needed a way to get Wilden severely crippled while saving lives (Also making Storm Dragon hate him only made it so much more worth it).

holy crap tyler what a tweest!!! seriously though I like it!

And thanks! I liked it, and I hope the others enjoy it, too. It took me a really long time in word to get it just right (to me).

fair enough. I didnt really mean for it to be insta-win but thats fine lets just have whatever wepon they are using play into it as well that way we add them together to get a total, I mean crescent with a rock, while still deadly, isnt as deadly as Crescent with a sword. So I propose something like this:

Crescent Blaze- base power 8/10

weapon power 10/10 (its a darn good sword as I believe I explained but feel free to moderate the numbers)

together we get 18 out of a max of 20

hows that sound?

still waiting for opinion on how you guys feel about this.

still waiting for opinion on how you guys feel about this.

I like it, but if we are comparing Crescent to a Dragon, then I think your base power (since you are pretty awesome) is around 6 or 5, while a normal, untrained pony (blackhoof) would be 3 or 4.

I was gonna say that monsters would have power levels up to 20 plus whatever type of means they had for attack.

so say a pure blooded dragon: base power(scale armor)- 19

weapon power (teeth/claws/tail)- 18

so a monster would total out much higher, an average full grown dragon with a total of 37 over twice wht Crescent's power level is.

I was gonna say that monsters would have power levels up to 20 plus whatever type of means they had for attack.

so say a pure blooded dragon: base power(scale armor)- 19

weapon power (teeth/claws/tail)- 18

so a monster would total out much higher, an average full grown dragon with a total of 37 over twice what Crescent's power level is.

Oh, okay. That makes more sense. So by that logic two Crescents and one of the Cake twins (lets say power level 1) could tie with it.

(note, that was only an observation, not making fun of the idea)

So what would everyone's power level be?

why dont we list our skills, experience, equipment, and any other additional factors and let thrylos decide.

Crescent Blaze

Experience and Skill:

-Special talent is incredible levels of focus, determination, and confidence achieved through skill in swordplay and flight.

- Former resistance member, defensive and offensive military tactics, advanced leadership role.

-Trained in multiple forms of combat since early childhood (hoof to hoof, swordplay, improvised assault .etc)

-as a colt attended advanced flight camp, dropped out and trained himself as a self taught flight expert, became captain of his own team the AeroBlades.

Equipment/Weaponry:

-NightFire, Ancient magically resistant (not impervious) Falchion sword, Forged from steel smelted from a meteor's Iron, incredibly sharp and durable, never needs to be sharpened.

Alright!

Wilden

Experience and skill:

-Years of hunting and hardship made Wilden an extremely fast hunter.

-With one eye, Wilden's body had to compensate and adapt. He hears, feels, smells, and (in his good eye) sees (barely) better than most other wolves.

-Learning to survive in a world filled with predators and competition for food has forced Wilden to learn how to focus on weak spots when fighting larger enemies, giving him a small advantage.

-Being a wolf, Wilden is stronger than most ponies and more capable in battle, being used to it.

Weapons:

-His claws and teeth are all he needs

Disadvantages:

-In a recent battle, Wilden lost one of his hind legs.

-Wilden is blind in his left eye from a scar he got a long time ago.

-Wilden is stubborn, and few things but death itself could make him leave a battle. If he is brought into a battle, he will fight and not back down(He won't, however, run into batle needlessly unless the enemy knows where he is. If Wilden can sneak around an enemy or ambush it, he is likely to).

Also, can I add in Amy Ironhooves on my next post? I feel like adding a more lighthearted character into this sad world.

Of course!

why dont we list our skills, experience, equipment, and any other additional factors and let thrylos decide.

Crescent Blaze

Experience and Skill:

-Special talent is incredible levels of focus, determination, and confidence achieved through skill in swordplay and flight.

- Former resistance member, defensive and offensive military tactics, advanced leadership role.

-Trained in multiple forms of combat since early childhood (hoof to hoof, swordplay, improvised assault .etc)

-as a colt attended advanced flight camp, dropped out and trained himself as a self taught flight expert, became captain of his own team the AeroBlades.

Equipment/Weaponry:

-NightFire, Ancient magically resistant (not impervious) Falchion sword, Forged from steel smelted from a meteor's Iron, incredibly sharp and durable, never needs to be sharpened.

Probably a good idea!

Storm Dragon

Experience and Skill:

-Deeply experienced with fighting tactics, and a master of beast control and creation, so most not as smart animals like Wilden, who can speak to ponies, is easily willed into Storm's control, where he can mix them with another animal using a tool kit he always carries with him.

-Trained in many survival skills, and proficient with almost all weapons, even weaponless.

-To the point, Storm was trained deeply with a wonderbolt, and now flies twice as well, faster than almost any living beast, but still cannot beat the flight of a lightning pheonix-this is one of his dreams.

-Will do anything for the good of his country-inside he really believes what he is doing is good for Equestria. But some of the things he does aren't quite what should be done, basing much of his choices, due to being just a prince, on the suggestion of a much eviler advisor, Hell Razor, who Storm Dragon is not old enough to understand he shouldn't trust his advisor.

Equipment/Weaponry:

-Usually has a mount, since he is much more comfortable with a beast by his side.

-A small dragon necklace.

-He also usually carries with him two curved swords at his waist that he can kick out and grab in his mouth.

curved%20Sword.jpg

Storm Dragon

Experience and Skill:

-Deeply experienced with fighting tactics, and a master of beast control and creation, so most not as smart animals like Wilden, who can speak to ponies, is easily willed into Storm's control, where he can mix them with another animal using a tool kit he always carries with him.

-Trained in many survival skills, and proficient with almost all weapons, even weaponless.

-To the point, Storm was trained deeply with a wonderbolt, and now flies twice as well, faster than almost any living beast, but still cannot beat the flight of a lightning pheonix-this is one of his dreams.

-Will do anything for the good of his country-inside he really believes what he is doing is good for Equestria. But some of the things he does aren't quite what should be done, basing much of his choices, due to being just a prince, on the suggestion of a much eviler advisor, Hell Razor, who Storm Dragon is not old enough to understand he shouldn't trust his advisor.

Equipment/Weaponry:

-Usually has a mount, since he is much more comfortable with a beast by his side.

-A small dragon necklace.

-He also usually carries with him two curved swords at his waist that he can kick out and grab in his mouth.

WILDEN! what does Scout say about his power level?! ( :blush: )

anyway Crescent is pretty awesome, his sword Night Fire is undeniably awesome (pic to come) what's your judgement on his power level?

also how would armor play into things? would it be its own power rating that adds to the total?

EDIT: this is about as close as I can get to how I imagine Night Fire the main difference being that the blade is a dark, nearly black, opalescent chrome and the hilt has a reflex curve, and a slightly larger crossguard

Fantasy_Raptor_Sword.jpg

WILDEN! what does Scout say about his power level?! ( :blush: )

anyway Crescent is pretty awesome, his sword Night Fire is undeniably awesome (pic to come) what's your judgement on his power level?

also how would armor play into things? would it be its own power rating that adds to the total?

EDIT: this is about as close as I can get to how I imagine Night Fire the main difference being that the blade is a dark, nearly black, opalescent chrome and the hilt has a reflex curve, and a slightly larger crossguard

Fantasy_Raptor_Sword.jpg

Armor is probably adding to power on the defense side, weapons are both, but halved when used to defend.

And yes, I like to think Storm Dragon is around Crescent's ability, even if not even close in personality.