a Chance Encounter in the Everfree Forest

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC; Hey guys, if you like, you can continue this RP over at this board;

http://www.canterlot...be-corner-open/

Since it takes place at Sugarcube corner, where our happy little group is going we can make things easier by having it all take place there. There is some of the 'mane cast', but you're free to play OCs. Sun Catcher would vanish (Parents would have snagged her) as I'm already playing both Spike and Applejack...Hope to see you there!

OOC: No worries! :smug: Just a suggestion. We can continue this then.

IC:

As they approached the colorful bakery, Sun Catcher noticed a loud racket coming from the building, "Sounds like they're having a party inside! Are you sure you guys wanna go? I could just pop in and buy a few goodies for us, Or maybe we should hit the cafe? Saw a rather nice little outside eatery nearby. Maybe a sandwich would hit the spot? Eh?", she awaited the other pony's suggestions.

Sun Catcher pointed to a small section of chairs and tables near a patio, "You could eat inside, but why would you want to do a thing like that during such a great day like this.", she lead the small group over to a table with four chairs, "I noticed Herbal didn't leave with you.", she asked Insanity, "Did he say if he was going to catch up with us?", she plopped down on the 'chair' and started to go through a menu, "Probably have the soup and sandwich. Daisy sandwich and wheat grass soup sounds good. What about you two?"

Herbal Cure finished bandaging up the earth ponies side and gave them their medicine telling them when to take it and what they should do to help relieve the pain, using his magic to lock the shop up and ran towards the pink ponies bakery, rushing in and seeing a party going on Herbal Cure blushed and walked around aimlessly not knowing where his three companions went Well I guess they headed on to do their own thing some foal I was thinking I could make friends so easily when I'm this shy Herbal Cure sighed and hanged his head and walked around even slowly.

"Ah nutbunnies." Sun frowned, "Now I feel bad for the guy..Once again.", she groaned, "Wish I knew that, I would have waited a little longer. Maybe could have left a him a note.", she ran a hoof through her mane, "If you could order for me, I'll go see if I could find the pony. Probably still thinks we're going to be hanging around Sugarcube Corner. Just order the sandwich, soup and a drink. Er. double that. Soup and sandwich for me, and Herbal. As for my drink. Guess a cola. Don't care the brand.", she tossed a few bits out of her pack and took to the sky.

Moments after Sun Catcher flew off, a light brown pony with a blue mane and mustache slowly made his way over to the group. He looked a bit too overdressed to be working at a small cafe in Ponyville, "Have you all decided on your lunch?", he asked.

As this was happening, the pegasus quickly made her way towards Sugarcube Corner where she caught sight of the mopey pony, "Hey Herbal!', she found a spot to land near him, "Sorry about that! The others weren't too keen on hanging around such a busy place. Draco is still nervous about his wings, and Miss Dash is just nervous. We're actually going to eat at the cafe. Forgot the name, but they have outside seating. We also already ordered, so hopefully the food will be ready when we get there.", she glanced at the poor creature and couldn't help but feel bad for the guy, "You know, with all the ponies you help every day at your clinic, I betcha every single one of those guys probably considers you a friend, and not only a good friend, but a very important member of this town!", she placed a free hoof on the doctor's shoulder. "So smile. Alot of ponies probably wouldn't be able to do such a thing without your help."

Horte Cuisine rolled his eyes up as the confused young mare tried to blurt out an order. 'So this is my life', he thought to himself as she stumbled about, 'Parents spent a ton of bits to put me through the finest of culinary schools in Canterlot and here I am in the backend of Ponyville taking an order from this poor child.', he sighed and spoke up, "How about this? There's two of you sitting here, I assume the young pegasus that was here earlier was getting somepony else? Hmmm?", he tried to be as polite as possible, "How about we just say four specials? Is that right? That's soup, sandwich and a glass of Cabaret Cola? And if you ponies are couples, I could recommend an old timey milkshake for desert. Two straws, one shake?"

"Oh!", Horte assumed Draco agreed to both the meal and the 'couples' question as well. "I promise to make this very special for you lovebirds! A very special and romantic lunch!", he quickly scurried off, and before anypony could say a word, a rather short and chubby earth pony with a large mustache made his way over to Draco and Insanity. He dropped a rose on their table, waggled his bushy eyebrows and started to play a violin.

(Click for music!) <3

Draco yelped in surprise at this and said

"n-no n-not at all! ... i mean we barely know each other a-aa-and im not even h-handsome at all... a-and she probably could get so m-much better than me b-being Cute and all." he stuttered out a bright red blush on his face. somehow he managed to try to explain to the waiter, insult himself, and confess he thought Insanity was cute all in the same breath.

The waiter was no longer by the table, but had retreated back inside the cafe to work on their order. The violin playing pony only shrugged his shoulders, "Désolé, je ne comprends pas.", he muttered before returning to his playing. A small jar with the words "Le Tip" written on it, had somehow managed to find its away on their table. As the music played on, other couples sitting at the nearby tables glanced over at the two. "Such a beautiful couple!", one was overheard saying. Two elderly earth ponies watched with interest, "Oh, to be young and in love.", the older stallion sighed before planting a kiss on his wife's rather wrinkly cheek.

(OOC: It appears the chubby pony does not understand or speak the common language here.)

The stubby pony stopped his playing, "Ah! Désolé pour cette ma dame!", he nervously chuckled, gathered up both his cup and instrument before scurrying over to another table.

OOC: Heh. I had to give this something show-worthy. Didn't just want to post a bunch of text of the group eating sandwiches! Still, I'll wait till I get back home from work today to see if Herbal's player returns. Either way, Sun Catcher will return!