A Cure for being Born

sevofthesands

Cloud Sweep was pulled out of her little slump. Why did this monster keep talking to her? She HAD just tried to kill it after all, but she was intrigued by it's dragon wings none-the-less. She stood up a bit wide eyed at the site of his large leathery wings, they werent at all like her little feathered ones. She was now far more curious than anything else. She reached out and touched one lightly with her hoof and quickly withdrew it.

"How do they work without any feathers? ...I mean so I know how to beat you someday"

She looked back at the dragon pony's face for now she did see he probably wasnt a monster but stayed tough

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"NU-UUHH! my wings dont look like that! see!"

She proudly fanned out her small wings, they were just grown in enough for her to fly short distances.

"Seeeee? just feathers. hey! why are you being so nice? What do you want?! You better not put me in a barrel!!"

She drew her little stick sword and pointed it at the large green pony's face, having been an orphan she had become streetwise at a young age. She knew from experience the only time anypony was nice was if they either wanted something or were about to trick you. The last time somepony treated her nicely they tricked her into going into a barrel and rolled her down a hill. Her suspicions aroused she snarled at the dragon pony.

Cloud Sweep's facade dropped instantaneously. She fell to her flank again turning away her gaze once more as she lowered her little wooden weapon to the ground.

"Oh...I guess I wouldnt know about that..."

She continued to sulk trying to hold back the sadness of not having been able to experience growing up like everypony else.

She squirmed a bit at his hug, she normally didnt like it when other ponies touched her. The others at the orphanage always poked her and tripped her for wanting to be a monster slayer. She relaxed somewhat when she realized it wasnt so bad, it felt nice even. No pony had ever made contact with her like this before. She looked up at the dragon pony a bit confused, mixing emotions of comfort and dislike, but did as he did and put her short legs around his neck. She nuzzled into him a bit, his shoulder was nice and warm after having braved the cold wind most of the night. She looked up to see another pony, a very strange looking alicorn. Her first thoght was that if she didnt know alicorns were ponies she probably would have attacked this one too. Her second was that that would have been a VERY bad idea. That alicorn looked like he meant business, and he was a lot scarier looking than the dragon pony. She pointed a hoof at the Alicorn behind draco, without breaking the hug.

"W-who's that?"

OOC: this is cloud sweep in case you wanted a more detailed look. I wasnt very descriptive of her appearance in my intro. I know she's a little skinny but she is an orphan they couldnt possibly get very well rounded meals

tumblr_m3ma80Lrzv1rub6v7o1_1280.png

Cloud Sweep fell over and squeaked in pain and surprise as she hit the ground. She ran to hide behind draco, and peeked around him to look a the tall alicorn holding her forehead, the bop had hurt more than she thought it would. She got mad when she thought about how mean it was that he had done that. She scowled at him from behind Draco's rear leg.

" your just a bully!"

She stuck her tongue out and rasberried the royal pony.

" *pffttfttftttfttf* "

She looked angrily at him but on the inside she was still nervous and hoofed her wooden weapon.

Dark Bolt just looked at the filly, not in the slightest amused. Being called a bully...this filly hadn't known his life. He wasn't a bully, just plain evil. He laughed slightly, but that was just to hide the dark shroud that covered his eyes when he wanted to hurt somebody.

"You think that wooden sword will save you from my powers? If I had any mind at all, I'd send you to the dungeons. But I'd rather kill you quickly." Dark Bolt tried to make it sound all like a joke, but his mouth formed a sneer, and he couldn't stop the cold stare he gave everyone.

Cloud Sweep was legitimately frightened now. The little Filly was brave and would have handled the statement well if it hadnt ended in a blatant proclamation of murder. She clutched the Dragon pony's hind leg for dear life. She didnt know him but she would take any kind of protection she could get. Her eyes widened and her lip quivered, she shook as the Alicorn's face contorted disturbingly into an evil grin. Cloud Sweep closed her eyes not wanting to have any more memories that would give her nightmares. She whimpered in fear trembling against Draco. It wasnt the first time somepony had told her they would kill her, plenty of shop keepers who caught her stealing had yelled it at her, but this pony's tone was dark and full of meaning. Even just the sound of his voice was unsettling.

Dark Bolt's laugh was malicious and cold. "You don't say? Sorry if I sounded like I meant it, but trust me, my voice is always like that. But what if the filly had had a real sword? Good luck with contending with bleeding to death." The alicorn then swished his tail. "And I'm no royalty. Yes, I have a royal family, but I was banished and now I hide in this country even though I should be long dead. You may get in trouble for even speaking to me if the guards knew, so don't take this chat lightly." Then, the black alicorn put on his old concealment spell.

Cloud Sweep continued to shiver against the green pony's leg.

"C-can we go now? I dont like him..."

She whispered the last part afraid that if he heard he might make a meal out of her of some other gruesome fate. Hundreds of dooms flooded the filly's overactive imagination and she closed he eyes again.

Draco just looked at the Alicorn as he concealed himself again

"Still gives you no right to talk to a little filly like that..." he said quietly as he turned towards the filly. "Are you alright?" he asked trying to put on a comforting smile although he was just as shaken by the Alicorns words "can i ask your name little Miss?" he asked. realizing he did not know her name.

"Thats weird. I've never met a pony named Draco before. I'm Cloud Sweep 'Monster Slayer Fighter Killer Expert'!"

She drew her wooden sword with a flourish, and proceeded to do a few swings and stabs showing just how awesome her novice, untrained swordsmanship was. She made like she was fighting an invisible foe, as she often did, and buzzed into the air here and there as she slashed at the invisible opponent. She remembered the alicorn was still there after a few seconds of showing off and quickly jumped behind Draco again.

Dark Bolt glared at them both. "You don't know who I am! Nobody ever did! They just didn't understand!" His voice was a deep royal, which was weird when you were looking at a small pegasus and his voice comes out like that. "Even you go away, you'll never really be away. No matter who I meet, they're always scarred emotionally. You guys were lucky enough not to learn who I really am!!!"

Cloud Sweep was in tears now. She had been yelled at plenty of time but the confusion of the situation was too much for her young mind to cope with. Scary royalty turning into other ponies and still using their own voices and yelling at her when she never even did anything wrong! nShe closed her eyes and she started to cry more out of frustration and anger than fear or sadness. Her emotions welled up inside her until she burst, and screamed in her unbearably high pitched voice

"LEAVE! ME! ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!

She out the alleyway sobbing uncontrollably, she inwardly scolded herself for crying. Warriors didnt cry, little baby foals cry. It did nothing to calm her down though, so many scary things she didnt even understand had just happened and she couldnt take it. She only managed to turn the corner of the alleyway before tripping. She curled up and leaned against the building hoping the scary monster would just leave her alone.

Draco just looked with a solemn face.

"i understand, you are a deeply hurt pony i can relate to that but i also have a mission and i believe this filly could help me and its not helping to scare her like that. just because your scarred does not give you the right to scar those around you." with that Draco turned to go after the frightened filly. he found her curled up in the alley. he kneeled down next to her. "Hey.. its ok everything will be alright."

Cloud Sweep stopped crying but her breath was still haggard, making it difficult to talk. so she nodded at first and tried to shake off her bad feelings.

"Y-You h-h-have a m-mission? *sniffle* for w-what?"

She managed to stand up but looked down at her hooves ashamed of how uncourageous she had been. She kicked a little dirt in embarrassment and still not looking up began to speak.

"You want me to help you?"