A Cure for being Born

sevofthesands

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she looked down again, not really wanting to answer that question either.

"Um...sort of...well sometimes, but they kicked me out for practicing my sword fighting."

she perked up a bit in frustration.

"I just dont get it! None of the others accept my duel challenges so that means they forfeit right? So I just went at them. like this."

She demonstrated some more of her overly dramatic combat technique.

"But they always wuss out and get me in trouble...so they kicked me out and said I was too much trouble...usually they let me back in after a few days but I dont really like tit there anyway. Why do you care anyway?"

Sweep was immediately apprehensive. No one had ever asked to take her in before...it made her suspicious but she held onto a glimmer of hope.

"you mean like...adopt me?"

She looked up at him with a sad hopeful expression, she had alomst forgotten about the alicorn for the moment..

Cloud Sweep was confused again. How was whether or not he adopted her, her own decision? That was never how she'd seen it work in the orphanage. Either they picked or they didnt simple as that.

"I dont get it. How do I choose for you to adopt me? Isnt it the other way around? And how does being my daddy help you?"

She sat on her flank trying to make sense of things staring intently at the ground between her hooves.

Cloud Sweep could see she had made the pony all mushy and she didnt really like it; but Draco had been nice to her so she let the dragon pony have his moment. After a couple seconds she broke the embrace and looked up at the much taller pony.

"So what should we do?! Are we gonna go on an adventure-?"

She stopped abruptly as her stomach grumbled loudly.

Sweep smiled sheepishly, and rubbed the back of her head.

"Yeah I kinda havent eaten since...um? oh yeah two days ago. So where are we going to get food? I dont have any money."

She shuffled her hooves slowely. She assumed that because of draco's wings he probably didnt have any money either. Who would hire a pegasus with dragon wings anyway?

Sweep was already drooling a tiny bit at the prospect of fresh food. She spaced out staring at the wall of the alleyway imagining the feeling of warm bread that wasnt from a dumpster, and an apple she could eat without feeling guilty about stealing it. After a minute of so she snapped out of it ready to make her daydream a reality.

"Ok now I'm reeaally hungry. C'mon lets go...wait...wont all the shops and stands be closed this late?"

"Hmph! I dont need you to fly!

She buzzed her wings furiously and, with great effort, managed to hover over Draco and land on his other side. she had surprised even herself and was brimming with pride at her accomplishment

"SEE!! i can do it *yaaawn* by myself"

The strenuous activity on her under developed wings in addition to the late hour, was taking the wind out from the young pegasus's wings

Sweep wiggled futily as she was placed onto the dragon pony's back. It was confy despite the scales between his wings, and he was warm; it made her wonder if he could breath fire too. She heard him call her miss again and dissaproved as she slowly drifted off

"*yaaaawn...just call me *yaaawn*...Cloudy..."

She closed her eyes and nuzzled into his coat as she stated to fall asleep.

Draco searched for a place to get food when he found none he went to the inn where he was refused due to too many occupants he decided to leave as this city was too unfeeling towards them, he spread his wings and flew into the night stopping only once to gather berry's for Cloud Sweep. he flew through the night and landed at dawn in front of a mansion needing food and sleep he knocked on the door hoping whoever opened it was a kindred spirit.

(this is a opening for someone else to join just so ya know.)