[Ponyville]After School...[Open to all!]

Ashton

pip_small.jpg

The teacher had just announced the students homework and the end of class, most of the foals were packing up their books and heading out, all except one...

The pinto's eyes had lingered, much of the day, on another filly, as usuall he had tried to speak to her, but when he did his brain would feel like it came loose in his head and his stomach would get queasy while his legs turned to jelly... fortunately she was one of the first students to leave, so he was able to get his brain to snap back into it's metaphorical socket in his skull and he started taking his books and notes and placing them in his saddlebags... But as he did his eyes drifted to the desk the filly had been sitting in, thankfully the effect of the memory was not the same as actually seeing her... he continued putting his stuff away, including the latest issue of a magazine he had been reading during the more boring parts of the lesson.

Pip gently hit, well tapped, his head against the desk " 's not fair" he said in his strong cockney accent "it's just not..."

Around him the lights all clicked out while a spotlight appeared over him

There... is... this... Filllllllly...

When she's around I just act silly

How can I know what to say

when I cant even ask the time of day...

How can I find the words...

There is something here, so deep inside

something that I really dont care to hide,

But no matter how hard I try

All I can do is look, and sigh...

...Is ...This ... Love? Or is it something more?

Is this a bridge I must cross?

Is it a lock upon a door?

I.. am... at... a loss...

What... does... it... meeeeeeaaaaaaannnnnnnnn?

As the last note of the song ended and the room returned to pip's mind, he sighed "if only I knew the words..." he muttered, closing his saddlebags.

dinky_hooves_by_durpy-d47bsze-1.jpg

Dinky Hooves was about to ask the teacher a question when the end of class was signalled. The teached called on her, but she had already forgotton. She sighed and shrugged, packing up her stuff and leaving the building. She glanced at a pony who's name she had forgotten ages ago, who didn't seem to be packing up, or show any sign of wanting to leave. She shrugged again and left.

She waited outside the school building for her foalsitter, who had told her she would be running late today. Dinky glanced up to the sky, and began to imagine what it would be like to be a pegasus. She lay in the grass, watching clouds while she imagined soaring through them.

She giggled as she imagined being a Wonderbolt, and having everypony know your name, and screaming wherever you went. She didn't even notice the school door open..

(OOC: Going for a restart with Light and Pip's friendship.)

Guiding Light listened to the teacher's homework before putting away his books and other materials. He liked school, especially learning new things.Sometimes he wished he could stay there, not because he didn't like his parents, but because he loved to learn. Sadly, basic schools didn't teach him how to improve his magic, just like it didn't teach a pegasus how to fly well.

As he was leaving, he spotted a pony sitting, looking like he too wasn't interested in leaving. Yet unlike Light, this pinto pony seemed to be deep in thought about something. He didn't really interact with this pony much, mainly because ... well... Guiding Light was sort of shy.

Nevertheless, Light wanted to at least make an effort to get to know him. "Um... hello there. Are you ok? You seem to be thinking about something."

((Yeah, I think that's for the best considering the board-canon is "if it didnt happen on the boards it didnt happen")

Pip snapped out of his thoughts "oh, hullo" he said "sorry, jus' this and that" he smiled "I wish I could say that I was thinking about today's lesson, but I'm afraid I wasnt too interested" he said awkwardly, after a moment he spoke again "I've been in this town a might over a year" he said "some days it still feels like my first day. Tell me, were you foaled here or did you move as well?" he asked, he also noticed the young filly outside the schoolhouse, it wasnt like the town was dangerous, in fact he felt much safer here than he had back home, but perhaps old habbits were hard to break, and he felt it was not proper to leave the foal just standing there alone. He stood and slipped on his saddlebags, heading towards the door and smiling a 'come on' smile at the other colt

Once outside he looked at the filly "hullo" he said "you waiting for somone?" he asked her

Dinky was just perfecting her routine, still imagining she was a Wonderbolt, when she jumped up, startled by another pony's voice.

"Hullo. You waiting for someone?"

Dinky blinked, trying to remember his name. Oh, she was so awful with remembering names. "Oh! You scared me, eesh," she giggled, "Yup, I'm waiting for my foalsitter, she said she'd be late to pick me up today."

Dinky grinned at the two colts. She wondered how they'd react when they found out she couldn't remember their names. Would they be sad or angry? Or would they laugh at her, like other foals did sometimes, because she was a little slower than most? Maybe they'd tease her for playing imaginary games.

"What are your names? I can never remember. I'm Dinky, just in case you didn't remember!"

The pinto pony mentioned how he was distracted, just not on the class. "I know how that is," Light said, "sometimes I get distracted myself. For me it's about my magic."

Before Pip could respond he got up and walked out of the school. Yet he signaled to Light that he was still interested in continuing the conversation. Something it seemed peaked his curiousity outside. When Light exited the school, there was a grey unicorn who also seemed preoccupied. He also didn't know about her, except for the fact that she was younger and that a few ponies would tease her.

"Oh hello. I'm Guiding Light, but you can call me Light. Nice to meet you Dinky."

Pip smiled "would you like us to keep you company?" he asked "My name's Pipsqueak, but everyone calls me Pip" he smiled, then he glanced back at Light "I really wish I could help you with that" he said "mine alternates between airships and a certain fillie" he chuckled, smiling a bit. it was clear he had somepony he was thinking about, though he had neglected so far to say who, surely by design....

Dinky also smiled. "Pip, Light. Gotcha!"

She wondered if she really did want company. With these guys around she couldn't day dream, although she wouldn't be lonely! She nodded. "I'd like that, thank you!"

Her smile escalated to a grin which she directed at Pip. "Aw, well now you gotta tell us who the filly is! Maybe we can help!"

Pumpkin Cake meandered well away from Sugarcube Corner, looking for her lost twin brother, Pound. It didn't help she was distracted by several butterflies along the way, bringing her clear over to Ponyville School. She happened upon the two young, chatting ponies and paused for a moment to suck her hoof, considering her next course of action. With a nod to herself (her blue hair bow bobbing up and down), she snuck up on the distracted pinto, and, quick as an orange-colored whip, slipped into one of his school saddlebags -- hopefully unnoticed.

(OOC: Great. Where do I get the feeling one of us is going to have to play foalsitter eventually?)

"um... sure I'd like to keep you company," Light said still shy, "so... you're Pip and you're Dinky right? Nice to meet you two."

Pip then mentioned how he was intersted in airships and a certain filly. "Who's the filly? Maybe I can help you get to know her more."

Pip noticed a fiant movement from his saddlebag but at this point chalked it up to nerves and facehoofed "I shoulda known better than to mention that" he said, blushing a bit... it's... er... Sweetie Belle..." he said with an awkward grin, it was clear, very clear, that he liked her... a lot... of course at his age it was possible that he'd find some other filly at any point, it was also just as likely that, if circumstances proved right, he might end up spending the rest of his life with her... that's the funny thing about love...

Dinky grinned and went to open her mouth, just as she caught sight of a red mare making her way towards the school. She sighed and waved to Pip and Light.

"Sorry, that's my foalsitter! I have to go!" She picked up her saddlebag, and waved once more, regretting that she had to go. She ran all the way down the path to her foal sitter, took one last wave and went trotting off with the red mare.

(OOC: Sorry I must pull out :'( I won't have much time with these exams coming.. I need to bring my grades up.. heh.)

(OOC: Bye Dinky!)

Light waved goodbye to Dinky as her foalsitter met her. Now he thought back to what Pip said about how he liked Sweetie Belle. As much as he tried to hide it, it was clear he was head over hooves in love with her.

"Wow. You must really like her then," with that Light's smile faded and his head drooped to the ground, "I wish I was lucky enough to know who my special somepony is. I don't know if anypony is interested in me."

Pumpkin was having a lot of fun in Pip's saddlebag! She happily stuffed a pencil eraser in her mouth, managed to crumple or tear up at last a dozen pages of homework, and found a secret love journal. Too bad she was too young to read it...

((Bye, Nova, lets do this again sometime. Good luck with your exams!))

Pip waved goodbye and smiled as Dinky left, she seemed nice enough.

The pinto sighed "it would be different if she liked me back, She doesn't seem to know I'm even alive, I'm not sure if I should even say anything because she seems so happy right now..." he said "of course there's also the... concern... she might not like me..." he said a little awkwardly...

"Well, has she ever talked to you? Have you talked to her? I'm not saying you should go tell her you like her right away, but maybe just saying hi would get things started. I know when I want to get to know somepony better even as a friend I say hi."

Light put a hoof on his chin, thinking about Pip's situation of trying to meet the pony he liked and Light trying to find his special somepony. Then he got an idea.

"I think I have an idea. You are trying to meet Sweetie Belle, and I'm trying to find a special somepony. Why don't the two of us try to help each other?"

• 2 weeks later...

((Sorry, last few days I've completely lost track of things, went out of town, Job Interview, phone issues -phone *repairs*-, internet being flakey... it's been a week from tartarus))

Pip sighed "she's always off with her friends on some adventure or another, I dont think I've ever seen her actually alone" he explained "and it would be kinda confusing to just look at the group and say something... not to mention they might hate me, as a group, because they could see me as trying to take her away from them" he shook his head "sometimes it's only safe to admire something from afar, else you endanger it..." he said, trying to be poetic

Guiding Light thought about what Pip said. It was sad to see him give up so easily on trying to meet the pony of his dreams like that. In his mind the unicorn colt tried to picture Sweetie Belle, placing a face to the name. More importantly, he was trying to figure out who these friends were that Pip mentioned.

"Wait. Is Sweetie Belle a white unicorn? If so, I think I know about her friends. They're always talking about some kind of club they have and a clubhouse. I don't know what they'r talking about. Anyway, did you evr talk to these friends of Sweetie Belle. Who knows, they may want to be your friend and they may be ok in having you talk to Sweetie Belle."

Light realized that until Pip figured out how to deal with Sweetie Belle, he might not want to or be able to help him find her special somepony.

"yeah, the Cutie mark crusaders, they're obcessed with finding their marks... personally I figure mine will show up when it wants to and no sooner" he chortled then sighed "Nah, they all tun off too fast to talk to" explained Pip "and I never really see them alone, 'cept scootaloo and that's only when she's on her scooter and I'd never be able to catch her"

After a moment the pinto looked to Lux "you said something about looking for your own special somepony, what are you looking for in a filly, maybe I can help" he smiled

(OOC: I know this may seem like a repeat of the old thread, but I'm looking at a different angle with this).

Light thought about the problem of not being able to talk to the Crusaders. "Ok. So you say that they're always moving and you can't get to them fast enough. Ever thought about meeting them when they're at their clubhouse? That's at least the one place you know they'd be at."

Light tapped his chin with his hoof, thinking about what he was looking for in a special somepony. "Hmmm.... I haven't really thought about it. I guess she should be smart, friendly, and cute. Oh, and if she's a unicorn that would be great because we could practice magic together!"

Pip giggled "have you been peeking through the library windows at Ms Twilight?" he teased

The pinto shrugged "I'm not entirely sure that's a good idea, what am I going to do, sit and wait for them to show up, then jump out and yell 'suprise'?" he asked "though I'm sure they'd certainly be suprised..."

"Actually," Light said, "I haven't met this Ms. Sparkle yet. I heard from other ponies that she's nice and loves books and knows alot of magic. I hope she can teach me how to use my light magic. Few ponies seem to know abouit it, and it's not like they teach magic in school."

He then pondered the thought of surprising the Crusaders. 'Well maybe not surprising them and they might think you're stalking them. But maybe if you meet them they will at least get to know you. Is there any other pony that you may like in Ponyville?"

Another wonderful day in Ponyvile where Carousel could sell her delicious milkshakes. The weather was warm enough for that, and everypony would surely appreciate a cool and fresh flavoured milkshake. The lilac filly paced happily with her milkshake cart behind her, allowing the scent of fresh fruit to spread all over the place. It was true, Carousel only worked with the freshest pieces of fruit, so that she could provide ponies everywhere the best milkshakes ever.

A wide smile grew in her muzzle when she saw the young school foals leaving the building, and talking among eah other close to it. She filled her lungs with air and got ready to work hard:

"MILKSHAKES! GET YOUR MILKSHAKES HERE! DELICIOUS FRUIT MIXES FOR ONLY ONE BIT!"

Pip chuckled "just listen for explosions, they'll lead you right to her" he smiled "Ms. Twilight may be one of the post powerful magicians in ponyville, but she's also the most dissaster-prone" he said "dont let that scare you off though, she's an exceptionally nice and helpful unicorn" he explained "I'm sure if anyone can help you she can"

The pinto shrugged "Not in ponyville, I used to have a gul back in trottingham I kinda fancied, but I rarely see her anymore" he said with a faint smile "she had a lovely dark-red coat and her main was black with purple streaks"

Pip looked at the stand as he and light walked past, he smiled at his new friend "you thirsty?" he asked, nodding at the stand