Would you ask this ask blog things if it were a thing?

Dunes

So. Those ask blogs look fun. They look really fun and I want to do one. :shifty:

So I made a mock-up of a start for one. I'm using a tweaked version of this character (who is now less mean-sounding, and more along the lines of 'well-meaning curmudgeon with borderline PTSD'. Still handicapped former military who's gone into teaching in a run-down school, though.)

POINT OF POST: Is this a start-off that has been done a million times or something on blogs that I've missed? Does it sound like a decent enough concept? Would you ask it things and/or possibly follow it if it were an actual blog on Tumblr? (Assuming you are the kind of person who follows ask blogs on Tumblr in the first place, that is.)

I am 100% accepting of feedback and criticism and whatnot. It would be a little more polished up and would likely look along the lines of this, albeit without the textured background.

Normally I'd be all "to heck with it, I'll do what I want 'cause I want to", but since the ask format kind of relies on audience participation... I'd like to know if it would be able to expect any!

Thanks y'all! :smug:

I think it should have a different title. I'm not getting the yeti thing...or am I supposed to?

Just avoid the danger of burning out on stuff like this -- I've seen a bazillion artists make a really awesome ask blog, and it goes pfft in a few weeks or a month because of the amount of work it takes to make it work.

You really need to invest yourself if you want a solid following -- unless, of course, it's for artistic release or self-indulgence, both noble goals!

Haha, the yeti thing is my own personal blog. I just posted the pictures there to put them all in one place without having to upload them individually through FTP and linking to them one by one. I figured I'd save putting up an actual Tumblr for that character until I made a decision one way or the other.

That does concern me too, the burning out thing... But then, if I never try, I fail anyway. And so long as I ended up with enough people paying attention to occasionally ask stuff and give me fodder to use, I'd be fine. I don't really need to be Tumblr-famous or anything. I just want an excuse to draw cute ponies. >.>

That does concern me too, the burning out thing... But then, if I never try, I fail anyway. And so long as I ended up with enough people paying attention to occasionally ask stuff and give me fodder to use, I'd be fine. I don't really need to be Tumblr-famous or anything. I just want an excuse to draw cute ponies. >.>

So I think I may have just answered my own question about whether or not to do this. >.>

Yeeeah! :D

It even got a question! So now there's TWO posts. YES.

Now to twiddle my thumbs for a while. XD

This is fun. I haven't really let myself sit and do cartoony fun stuff for a while, for whatever reason.

Still trying to nail down a coloring/shading style for it, though. I don't want to make it too detailed, or I'll never keep it up.