Just Another Day at Sugarcube Corner ... [Open]

"Oh, howdy Lyra and er, Bon-Bon.", Applejack turned over to the two ponies,"Well, we were waiting for the party to start, but considering how many fixin's we already have, you're free to help yourself.", the orange earth pony said with a friendly smile, "I do recommend the Apple Crisp. That was the last of the deserts I finished today, so it's nice and hot. I do recommend you throw it in a bowl with some ice cream. Shucks, after working on the farm all morning, I sure built myself up a hardy appetite.", she made her way over to her own table to scooped up one of her apple brownies, which she ate in one big bite.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Thanks " Lyra said then she got a hand full of snack and swallow them hole " hey AJ i bet i can eat more than you " she said

" Lyra don't patronize her please " Bon Bon said

"I'm quite well," Twilight replied to Applejack. "I'm sorry to hear about Winona's injury, although under the care of Fluttershy it's no wonder she recovered so quickly."

She tried one of the fritters. "These are quite good, you must give me the recipe."

--

Pinkie Pie pointed a hoof at a large cupcake baking pan, each of the cups filled with batter. "Just blow some fire on these babies, Spikey, and we'll be eating my special zap apple cupcakes in no time!"

Screw Loose looked at everypony. They were celebrating something and she didn't know what. However, she just loved seeing them looking so happy. The mare liked other ponies when they were happy. It always left her feeling a sense of joy. But still... What were they celebrating? "What's the celebration?" She asked out of curiosity.

"Spikey?", the little dragon waggled an eyebrow at the pink pony before sending a few flames towards the pan, "Wait? Zap Apples? Are you sure you know what you're doing? Apple Bloom told me there's like a zillion things you need to do when handling Zap Apples. If you don't do things just right, we might have another 'baked bads' incident. And while I actually enjoyed your muffins, the earthworms didn't agree with your tender pony tummies."

Applejack was taken back a bit after hearing the unicorn's request for her recipe, "When did you start cooking? As in cooking-cooking?", the earth pony couldn't help but grin. "I'll drop off the recipe tomorrow. Considering I have a few books that I need to return to the library, I could mosey on down to your place and we can make some fritters together. I also need to check out 'Lonesome Dove' for Big Macintosh again. He really likes that book. I'm guess'n he pictures himself as Augustus McCrae.", she let out a chuckle.

She glanced over at the other ponies who had joined the party, "While I rarely ever turn down a challenge like that, I'll just stick to having a few snacks for now, considering the others haven't shown up, and it wouldn't be too neighborly of me if we gobbled up all the vittles before Rainbow and Fluttershy showed up."

Screw Loose looked at everypony. They were celebrating something and she didn't know what. However, she just loved seeing them looking so happy. The mare liked other ponies when they were happy. It always left her feeling a sense of joy. But still... What were they celebrating? "What's the celebration?" She asked out of curiosity.

"It's a birthday for gummy! Pinkie Pie's little gator pet.", the cowpony waved a hoof over to a small, toothless reptile, who seemed to be enjoying his party.

2i7tsb8.jpg

Lyra shrugged and ate two more snacks " oh my gosh " she said with her mouth full sounding to be enjoying the snacks

Bon Bon trotted over and petted gummy, then she looked at Applejack " hey Aj, i hope that Lyra doesn't eat the whole chart "

"Now hey now pardner!", Apple Jack eyed the green unicorn, "You best slow down there a bit or you'll get yourself a doosey of a tummy-ache. Besides, you might want to save some room for some of the treats Pinkie Pie is coming up with!"

Rainbow Dash flies in knocking Rarities food onto the floor. "Sorry I'm late everypony, I was just securing some 'business opportunities' with THE Wonderbolts!" She looks over at her friends for the first time and see's Rarity "Oh.. sorry Rarity, my bad."

Lyra looked at Applejack with an expression stating " yeah right " then she stuck her tongue out and continue eating.

Bon Bon tried to stop by pulling her away. then she went into the kitchen and grabbed a frying pan and knocked lyra out. then she set lyra on the couch.

Lyra woke up. she shook her head and rubbed where Bon Bon hit her. " ouch, has i hit with a skillet" she asked

" yes you were, because you were eating out of control again" Bon Bon said

Lyra looked down " sorry". she said

Bon Bon sat beside her, placed her hoof around Lyra " its okay" she said wiht a smile

Applejack really wanted to say something to the Lyra and Bon Bon but was distracted at the moment, "Ah shucks Rare, I'm always happy to throw together some fine grub for my bubs. Grub for my bub!", she smiled at the unicorn before giving the pegasus a once over, "'Business opportunities? With the Wonderbolts? Uh-huh.", the earth pony looked rather skeptical, "What sort of opportunities are you talk'n about?"

Rainbow stood up and looking rather proud of herself said: "I was at their concert yesterday and when they finished flying I went and asked if I could watch their next training session, which, obviously they agreed to. Of course I knew they meant 'join in' and they seemed incredibly happy to have me. I think this might be my breakthrough AJ!"

"A concert?", While not anywhere near a fan of the Wonderbolts as Rainbow Dash, the earth pony did enjoy their shows, but she was a little confused. "Doncha mean air-show?", Applejack decided not to press this any further. The pegasus was one of her oldest friends, and she felt a little sorry for her friend. It was her life dream to join the team of racing ponies. She had the skills, but there was something missing, something that kept her from joining the team. Rainbow was old enough, and AJ was pretty sure she did not have to be in the R.E.A to join. She pondered this for a moment before snagging a apple cupcake from her cart. "Hey Rainbow! Think fast!", she swatted one of the thicker pastries towards the pegasus.

ooo can i join your RP if so can i be derpyhooves please

I don't think that would be a problem...Eh NW?)

Rainbow turned around to face Applejack a second too late, the cupcake hit her square between the eyes. "Ow, no fair AJ, I wasn't paying attention." She scowled and picked up a pastry from the table. She then continued to launch it at Applejack from across the room. "On your toes AJ!"

"Toes? I an't got any t-.", the pasty did a rather fine job at plugging up the pony's pastry-hole*. She devoured the snack in an instant before adding, "Sorry about that Rainbow. You do still have a bit of frosting in your mane. Hurry up and clean it up before Spike volunteers to lick it off for you."

The little dragon poked his head out from the kitchen ,"Ooh! Hey Rainbow Dash, can I...", Applejack glowered at the dragon, who could only grin back, "Uh-Nevermind. Heh. I'll go back. Almost done though!", Spike's tiny head vanished as he returned to Pinkie Pie's side.

* OOC: That sounds nasty!

Octavia had had a rough day. After such a long time dealing with Vinyl Scratch, she was more than happy to take Pinky's offer and play music at Gummi's party. Dragging the instrument behind her, she reached the door, rang the bell to announce she had arrived, and opened the door. As the cupcake came flying towards her head, she only had seconds to duck under her case to block the flying pastry.

"Dear Celestia, it's almost worse over here than it is back with Vinyl." She mumbled to herself. Grabbing her case as a shield, she sprinted for the kitchen, looking for Pinky. "What in the world happened here?" She asked the bouncing pony.

OOC: I figured this would be a good time to jump in, and have already recieved the okay to join, although it would be nice if we had a Vinyl as well.