The Return of Discord [Open]

"Hi Sanctuary! Hi Twilight! Hi Partheus!" Balance said, ignoring the fact that Partheus wasn't a pony. It's likely this crazy magic just transformed him "Well, I'd love to help in any possible way to stop this. It's unjust what happened to those poor ponies. At least I'm completely fine! And this chocolate rain is just DELICIOUS! I should probably stop drinking it though, it probably isn't safe. I'm not sure why I'm still talking, it's probably not a good time to talk, but I don't care!" He then started his normal happy skipping, as his enthusiasm returned to his voice.

OOC: Anyone mind if I hop in?

Potey crawled out from under a tree after watching the other ponys reaction to the chocolate rain. " I think the rain would be safe to drink" He said, grinning, as he opened his mouth to the sky." I love chocolate!" He put his head back down to look at the ponys" Though it IS strang" He noted" Clouds aren't supposed to do this. What do you ponys think is happening?" He looked at all of them quizicly

"I have no idea. I was going to say an outbreak of poison joke, but as far as my knowledge goes, poison joke doesn't effect inanimate objects. Besides, I don't think it would do something this serious to a pony." He ran to Partheus, and pointed at him during his last sentence. "Or that serious." He then pointed at the mutated ponies behind them. These guys must know something if they're making a camp.

They'll tell us later, I suppose.

(ooc: I've already poked on Midnight rain a week ago or so, so i might as well jump Amber Wands ahead to try and catch up with everypony...)

Amber Wands was immediately teleported by REA unicorns, directly to the site of the overnight attack by the now-freed Discord. All in hopes to get clues on where he is or who let him out.

The amber colored unicorn mare ulped as she promptly found herself getting soaked in raining chocolate milk.

She floated an amber tipped magic wand from her saddlebag and created a rain shield over herself and waved the wand around like a geiger counter.

Amber tried not to quail at the horrible mutations Discord inflicted on the refugees, musing "I wonder if this is how unicorns and peagasi got started..."

The wand squealed as it pointed at a really tall person, standing on two legs... She whinnied and jumped back as she saw the wand was pointing at Partheus. "Oh Dear Celestia! What did Discord do to you!? Were you a Diamond Dog or Dragon, I hope?"

Partheus scanned Amber Wands curiously, not quite sure what to say in response to her query. "Uhh... yeah, Discord got me real good... he turned me into a... hairless monkey... I used to be a unicorn, and now I'm a bald chimp, hehe... How embarrassing..." Great, he thought, just what I need. I'm the first of my kind around these parts in Torbolt knows how long, so after this whole mess is dealt with, and I'm still on my two legs, everybody will start asking me questions like 'What are you?' or 'Where did you come from?' I can't answer those questions. Celestia said not to tell them too much, because she wanted to keep her populace somewhat innocent of the outside world... "For sake of convenience, just call me a 'human' for now, okay? I think it's got a nice ring to it!" he stuck his thumb up at Amber Wands and smiled cheekily, trying to hide his utter embarrassment.

He noticed the wand orbiting around Amber Wands. "Err, I might not be the leading expert on magic, but why do you use a wand? Isn't that what the horn on your head is used for?"

(OOC: Im going to go ahead and answer right away since this was a one on one Q to her and also to show she isnt an all powerful character, just strong enough to help and has a crucial weakness...)

Momentarily shaken, Amber grabs onto the question she often gets about her Wand to get her mind moving again.

"Oh...Oh yes, Wands are rare, because they tend to work only for their maker, but are a common theme associated with magic since the time of Starswirl the Bearded or earlier.

I discovered as a foal what so many other unicorns who's talent is magic find; It's a focus object I can store magic in and use it to run pre-set spells in the wand I call applications, or "Apps" so I dont have to concentrate on making them work.

If I have enough power stored in it, I can fire off spells at a higher level than I can without it. It uses up that energy in quick bursts though, very strong spells drain it in one shot. I'm not very strong normally... I cant even use electric spells without my amber wand.

Partheus stood there in a daze as Amber Wands explained the inner workings of her wand. Man, he thought, she really knows her stuff! I barely know anything about magic, and what I do know is narrated in my head in Twilight's nagging voice, so I try not to think about it that much... "...uh huh. Interesting. Well, if it'll help us fix this whole mess with Discord, that's all I need to know." He looked over to Sanctuary, then back at Amber Wands. "So, what's the plan, you guys? Do we still head over to the encampment?"

"'Human', eh? That's an interesting name, I personally would never come up with something like that. You know, I should get a wand. My magic is really weak, and if a wand is as good as you described it, I might be able to change that. Plus, that wand looks AMAZING, amber has to be one of my favorite type of gems. Is it precious or semi-precious, I don't remember." Balance began trailing off into conversation, not even sure if anybody was listening to him. He saw the nearby camp, and assumed that's what Partheus was talking about. He decided to shut up, not wanting to attract attention from one of those cursed ponies.

(Howdy folks, hope you don't mind if I join in, and sense noone has taken the guy who released Discord then I shall take him!)

Strife sat under an old willow tree and watching the "survivors" camp around the edges of the Ever-Free. He still couldn't believe he had made it all the way to Ponyville without being caught by those idiotic guards.

"Just goes to show ponies get lazy when they live in harmony to long! Good thing they have me keeping them on their toes!" He thought to himself smugly, oh how he enjoyed disrupting their false sense of order, and his latest act out-did everything, even the time he egged the Royal Gardens!

Oh and what a feat it was! He had just unleashed the Lord of Chaos and Chocolate Milk on the unknowing population for rudeness sake! He would of gone back to his Secret Base of Evil and Unpleasant actions{aka: his one room apartment.} but he decided to come and see firsthand the chaos he had set into motion.

And it was hilarious!

He watched a pony try to run with a tail made steel and a unicorn that breathed bubbles everytime she spoke,but the funniest thing he saw was some strange beast wearing ridiculous clothes talking to group of ponies nearby, he could barely keep his laughter inside!

"I feel like I am going to burst! You can't find comedy this good nowadays!" and with that,it happened, the laughter burst from him like water from a faucet and he had to grab his crimson chest to stop the hilarity-induced pain.

Finally pulling himself together, he realized what he had done,"I'm such an idiot! What if somepony noticed! Calm down Strife, play it cool..." He thought to himself as he put on a awkward smile, desperately hoping nopony noticed him.

Amber gave a sheepish smile as a colt started asking her about her wand and she notices that THE Twilight Sparkle was in the group. Oh, how she would love to talk shop when she can get a moment! "Oh Amber is Semi-precious I believe. Usually a wand has to be made by you to work -which can be tougher if your talent is not magic. I may be able to help if you've got a week or so to spare when this is over with." She stuck out her hoof "I am Amber Wands, by the way."

I the meantime, she was checking her wand's readings mentally with her horn to see why it reacted so strongly with Partheus when it was trying to track Dscord's foreign magic. Perhaps he's a unicorn from another land? She adjusted the wand to ignore his aura and react only to Discord's magic aura.

She hoped Discord would not think to mess with how magic works. That scared her...

(OOC: Good question on Amber in Canterlot. Here it's semi-precious because its rare but not as rare as diamonds or similar gems, but in Equestria, it might be a a rare and Precious stone because while Gems of all types seem to grow like carrots, Amber is unique since its the only one thats a fossil. It's ancient tree sap pressed into a stone-like substance.)

"Nice to meet you Amber! I'm Balance Scales, and I would LOVE to work on a wand with you, after this thing is done. Any idea's on what's happening though? This magic seems too powerful to be a regular pony." Balance heard a lot of laughter close, and saw a pony looking like he was keeping his sides from splitting. Is that a curse, or is he actually laughing?

Let's just say it's a curse, I don't think a pony would laugh like that in this situation.

Strife finally stopped laughing as somepony covered in chocolate milk started questioning him,Why does somepony always notice when you don't want them to? Come on Strife, think of something!

Suddenly, Strife had a rather genius idea, devious and untrustworthy, but genius none the less. With a michievious glint in his eye he began laughing even louder then before, trying to make it sound painful.

"I'm sorry! I can't stop laughing! I was cursed by the evil Discord!" Strife lied through his now forced laughter, hoping the pony would believe him and forget about the whole thing.

Listhening to the rather sticky pony's suggestion of finding help, Strife's smile only grew,"Thank you, that would be wonderfull! I think there is a Unicorn doctor WAY over there!" Strife said quickly, his fake laughter stopping entierly while he said it, and pointed towards some random Unicorn. Alright, the moment this sucker runs off,I will teleport to say.....Strife began looking around for a deserted area, I know! The rooftops! I am such a genius!

To say Strife was shocked by this turn of events would be an understatment, How dare you pick me up! I am the Great and Rude Strife! Champion of Chaos! Why, you better let me go or your house is getting the tee-peeing of a lifetime! Of course, the crimson crusader never said that, it may have....bad consequences.

Instead, Strife attempted to teleport, but just when he began to feel himself be pulled through the aether,it seemed to slip out of his grasp ans sizzle with a pathetic farting sound. What? How did that happion? Wait a minute...perhaps it was the choclate milk? Maybe because of it's caotic orgin it is damping my magic! Either way, this is bad, I should just play along for now and have fun with it,maybe cause a bit of chaos! the last thought brought a smile to his face and he decided to look for the most humorous looking group. Quickly finding the group with the colorful creture once again he decided it would be funny to watch this confoundable colt make a foal of himself in front of them. So, pointing towards the one with what looked like,to his mild surprise, a wand and said."I think she is the one, go on, talk to her!"

His last thoughts on the subject before starting to think about how he should get his foalnapper back were along the lines of..."Whats the worst that could happion?"

Balance was confused for most of the conversation. The pony seemed odd, but he, once again, passed it off as a curse from the... Did he say... Discord?

"Excuse me for a second..." Balance trotted in front of him, ignoring his comment about Amber. "Did you say something about a 'curse from Discord' or something along those lines? I mean, how does a word curse a pony?"

The unicorn mare smiled as Balance was excited at the prospect of his own wand, and he was sounding nice to spend time with... "Good, i cant wait until this is over, then."

Amber looked up from her wand as a laughing unicorn was carried toward her and pointed right at her "I think she is the one, go on, talk to her!"

She perked her ears right at the young pony "Talk to me about what? Does somepony have a clue to report about Discord?"

Amber pointed the wand at him and it made a squealing sound. Her eyebrow rose as she looked at the unicorn *..Hmmm, either he has had strong exposure to Discord's magic or... no he cant be strong enough to... then again, nopony knows what set Discord off last time either...* she thought.

She tapped a hoof on the ground and tried questioning him "Did you see Discord? What did he do to you?"

Strife began to get worried when the Mare he had randomly picked out of the group pointed her wand at him, he grew even more so as the wand made a terrible screeching sound, and you can bet he was scared by the time she started questioning him.

And to make matters worse he had forgotton to continue his laugh,as noticed by Mr.Sticky, thus making it obvious he was fibbing.

"Well...ya see..." Strife said slowly and unsurely,it was going to be hard to lie out of this one, the moment she traced his magical signature back to the sight of Discord's release,it would be all over for him.

So, the self-proclaimed "Champion of Chaos" jumped off his foalnapper's back and began sprinting towards a nearby alley, hoping the chocolate milk now covering him would wash of before he was caught.

"What is this 'Discord' everypony's talking abo- HEY! GET BACK HERE!" Balance said, being interrupted by Strife running away. He tried giving chase, but he was never a fast runner. He got tired quickly, and fell to the ground. Where's our detective team when we need them? "Somepony get him! He's hiding something!" He yelled between puffs of air. He then realized that his suit was getting tighter. Something bad is happening. We should take this off. He then ripped off the pink suit, and realized it was shrinking. That was close.