The Return of Discord [Open]

It was night in the Canterlot Royal garden. A light breeze was blowing that caressed all who were outdoors. The stars twinkled in the sky, shining peacefully above the grand city. It truly seemed like the most tranquil night possible; what could possibly happen on a night like this?

Two guards stood watch on the tower above the courtyard, making sure that nopony and nothing would cause trouble. This place was as much a prison as it was a garden, after all. The pegasi shifted slightly in their armor, and stood erect in the cool spring air.

Suddenly, a yawn. It was stifled and quick, but there nonetheless; the left guard glanced at his partner, surprised at this slip of concentration. Both ponies knew that the training they had received was more than enough to inhibit such slips, and yet the pegasus had yawned. And suddenly, they were both yawning. Exhaustion slipped over both of their minds, and their eyelids drooped. What magic was this? It was unbearably powerf...

The two guards fell to the floor, sound asleep. Down in the garden, a shadow emerged from behind a bush, a quickly fading light coming from its horn. The spell had worked: the guards were taken care of, and no one could interrupt the plan. The shadow ran off towards the center of the garden, prepared to do what had to be done.

Quickly, the shadow found the target: a statue in the dead center of the hedge maze. It was an impressive sight; on a marble pedestal stood a tall chimera, a draconequus with a mis-matched body of different parts. He looked to be in a pose of fright and shock, as if he were ambushed before being encased in stone. The shadow walked up to the statue, gazing up at it for a few brief moments, before putting two hooves on the pedestal.

The pony began to mumble unintelligible words under its breath, and its horn began to glow a scarlet red. The air seemed to become tense and angry all around, and the breeze whipped up, stirring the plants.

In a few seconds, it was done. The pony looked up again at the statue, and took off towards the exit.

For a few seconds, it seemed like nothing had happened. Then, without warning, the statue disappeared, leaving nothing behind but a laugh in the breeze that was quickly forgotten.

--------------------------

Basically, I'll be roleplaying Discord, and you all are free to play whomever you want.

(OOC: It seems a lot of ponies are MIA this week... Here's someone I have yet to write up officially for Canterlot RP to hopefully attract players...)

A pale orange unicorn mare galloped down gleaming marble corridors, an amber magic wand and swirl of stars over a top hat for a cutie mark.

The mare zoomed into the Royal Guard office where the two guards were being questioned and skidded to a stop on the elegant wooden floor, raising a hoof to her lemon and orange striped mane in a salute to whoever is in charge.

"I came as soon as I got the summons! Amber wands, Royal Equestrian Investigations troubleshooter reporting for duty! What is the impending disaster this time?"

A white Pegasus nodded politely to the unicorn who had just entered, letting her dark blue mane fall across her face as she tried to keep composed. She was tall but strong looking, one of the few mares on the royal guard. A pony had to fight hard for that title, and Sugar Snow wasn't about to give it up. When she was a filly, like every other Pegasus, she had dreamed of becoming a Wonderbolt. The Royal Guard though, was even better, a chance of a lifetime, and now she might lose it. She had blamed magic, but had no idea if anyone would believe her. Sugar looked expectantly at the captain, she had finished her story, but was still unsure what was going on. She had fallen asleep on duty, she knew that much. Something had happened while she was asleep, but what? She sighed to herself, muttering under her breath, "Nobody ever explains anything."

(OOC: Sorry for not responding sooner, I wasn't quite sure how to begin.)

The following morning...

The cockerels croaked their morning verse as Celestia's sun rose above Ponyville, filling the library in which Twilight Sparkle lived with warm sunlight. Partheus, a temporary guest in Twilight Sparkle's house, groggily stirred from his peaceful sleep, scratching his head and looking around to see if anyone else was awake. He got up, stretched his arms, and walked over to the pantry to get some milk. If one is wondering at this point why Partheus is in possession of arms, that is because one has made the assumption that Partheus is a pony, which he isn't. He is, in fact, a human, one of the first to set foot in Equestria for 2000 years.

Not much was known of Partheus. He was found in Sugarcube Corner a week before this day, completely unconscious and wounded badly. He confided select secrets to Twilight Sparkle, who was curious about him as a new animal, and as a person. But, he told no one else who he was or why he was here, and allowed no one access to his satchel, which contained something of such great importance, that Partheus was willing to harm others to protect it.

After getting some milk from the pantry, he poured the milk into a clean glass on a nearby table. However, to Partheus' surprise, the milk came out of the bottle brown. Partheus dipped his little finger into the glass and licked his lips cautiously. To his delight and confusion, it turned out to be chocolate milk. Well, he thought, that's weird. Must have picked up the wrong bottle. He went back to the pantry to get another bottle, but after opening and checking all of them, they were all filled with chocolate milk. Okay, he thought, now I'm confused. I swear Twilight had normal milk in the pantry last night. Unless that greedy fat tub of envelope gum she calls an "assistant" drank the last few bottles during the night...

Partheus walked over to the glass of chocolate milk, downed it in one swig, and went to go and get changed in the side room. After a brief moment of sleepily fumbling about trying to get his clothes on, he came out of the side room and looked in the full sized mirror beside the side room, dressed in the clothes Rarity had fashioned for him. Of course, last time Partheus checked, the fine silk shirt wasn't purple, the loose fitting trousers weren't green, and his sturdy leather boots weren't shocking pink. Partheus, mortified, ran up the stairs to Twilight's bedside, where she was still sleeping. Partheus gingerly tapped her on her shoulder. "Twilight! Hey, Twilight!" Twilight rolled over and yawned loudly. "Uhh, what is it, Partheus?" Twilight suddenly gasped at the sight of Partheus' flowery attire.

"Oh my gosh, what happened to your clothes?" Partheus sighed. "That's what I was hoping you'd answer for me." Twilight got out of bed to get a better look of Partheus' sudden change in style. "Did you find them like this?" "Yes. And for some strange reason, all of the milk in the pantry has turned into chocolate milk. You weren't doing any late-night spellcasting sessions again, were you?" Twilight smirked slightly at Partheus' clothes. "No, I went to bed at the same time as you. How... peculiar..." Twilight burst out into hysterics at Partheus.

Partheus gritted his teeth. "Grr, what's so funny?!" Twilight ceased to laugh. "Oh, right, sorry. I completely forgot you're a little... sensitive." Twilight went downstairs and inspected the dregs of the chocolate milk left in the glass Partheus drank out of. "This looks like the work of some prankster. But, why would anypony I know go to the trouble of breaking into my house just to cast some hexes on some of my things? It makes no sense..." Twilight suddenly stood up straight, and began to sweat profusely. "N-no... It can't be... could it?" Partheus looked at Twilight in confusion. "What? Who do you think did it?"

"...Discord..."

(OOC: I hope you dont too terribly mind if i join this RP do you?)

The light blue pegasus knocked on the door to the library. She waited patiently for a few moments before turning around and bucking the door open. She sat in front of the door and anounced loud enough for them to hear, "Hello? Anypony home? The survivers are gathering at the edge of Everfree forest. If anypony would like to join us we have chocolate milk and cottoncandy aplenty." Sanctuary peeks her head into the door. "Anypony home?"

Partheus and Twilight were too engaged in their current conversation to notice the door being knocked. However, they did wheel around upon hearing the door being kicked down. "Twilight, get behind me! It could be that "Discord" guy you're so worried about!" Twilight ducked behind Partheus as he crouched into a fighting stance. As he slowly edged towards the front door, he heard what sounded like a female voice calling them out to come to a survivor's camp on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest. He peered around, only to see a light blue pegasus standing in the doorway, looking slightly worried.

He gingerly stood up from his fighting stance. "Oh, uh, sorry about not answering. As you can see, we're having a few... problems of our own, and we're trying to figure out who the culprit is." Twilight slowly peeked from behind Partheus. "Oh yeah, about Partheus. He's a creature from another country, and I've managed to tame..." Partheus gave Twilight an angry look. "Err, befriend him. So, don't worry. He's safe."

(OOC: I'm guessing the OP wont post until more plot needs to develop, so here's more Amber wands...)

Back on the previous night, in the guardhouse...

Amber Wands approached the Pegasi Guardponies, her horn glowing with a rich golden light. "Do not worry, I am checking for magic..."

After a moment, she backed up a step "It appears your stories check out, you two have definitely been hit with magic. Strong enough to match any sleep spell that had you down so long. What was the last either of you remember?"

(OOC; Hmm a chance to redeem being knocked out on the job? Sounds like a chance for Sugar Snow to come along on the hunt.)

((Just a made-up character...My ponysona, actually...))

It had been late that night, when after flying practice Rainy Bolt had gone out to explore. That was, until she got discorded...

Rainy Bolt was known for her loyalty, though sometimes forgetful, because of the loyalty her friends had given her. She humorous, forgiving, and kind as well, but her generosity and honesty usually went down. Yes, she lies and doesn't exactly like giving and being generous, but her generosity is the friendliness she gives out like candies, but in the end comes out with the same good friends. Still, sometimes all of her goodness goes down the drain when she is betrayed...

The blue pegasus with metal wings stepped down from her perch on a cloud(losing real, flesh and blood wings doesn't destroy a pegasi's ability to walk on clouds), she looked into the dark forest of Everfree and laughed.

"Hellllooooooooo!!!!" "Hello, hello, hello..." The echo was an ominous ringing in Rainy Bolt's ears, who laughed at the darkness. Slowly, she walked deeper into the forest, sending echoes about the forest and smiling. But as she stepped onto a bridge, Rainy looked across, and the filly's eyes widened. "Hello?" The only sound was an echo, then a scraping sound, like metal on wood. "Oh no..." Rainy leaped into the air just as the bridge fell into the darkness. Slowly, she flew with her metal feathers over to the other side, and a fog lifted so their was only a shadow, a shadow she recognized, with dragon wings. Staring, the form rushed of and as anger filled her as Rainy ran after the form, her body slowly grew darker the more she felt betrayed.

"THRYLOS...!!!!!!!" "THRYLOS, THRYLOS, THRYLOS..."

Sanctuary bowed to Twilight and Partheus, "I choose not to judge your situation, but please let me know if you would like to gather with the survivors? We need more ponies for leadership, as well as those who wish to battle." She flipped her braid off of her face and behind her head. Continueing to fidgit, the pegasus waited for their response.

Partheus thought about the light blue pegasus' proposition. "Hmm, well, if things have gone bad ways for everyone, then I guess I won't be the only person there with such ridiculous clothes..." He sheepishly looked at the garish ensemble he was cursed with. "As for leadership and fighting, I can help with that. I'm a messenger for the Human League, which is the army for humans, so I know a lot about fighting and keeping things ship-shaped..." He paused for a moment. "Wait, you guys have ships, don't you?"

Twilight stood beside Partheus, smiling. "I think it would be best if you left the leadership side of things to me, Partheus. I've got way more experience at grouping people together and keeping them running like a well-oiled machine. That, and if I am correct in my assumption that it is Discord causing all of this, then I already have a plan in mind. You just focus on the fighting part, okay?" Partheus nodded in agreement. "Fine, we'll go to the survivor's camp with you. How many people are there?"

Sugar Snow tilted her head to one side, trying to remember. "It seemed like a normal night, we were wide awake, then it felt like somepony had hit me over the head." she sighed. "It hurt so much I couldn't stand up." Sugar cringed like she was feeling the pain all over again. "It makes me feel so weak and helpless," she smiled slightly.

Pinkie Pie bounced along, giggling. Her head was tilted back and her mouth was open far wider then it could logically go, drinking in the chocolate rain. She bounced past Twilight and Partheus, somehow speaking without closing her mouth. "Hey Twilight! Want some chocolate milk rain?" She did a double take. "Who's that? His clothes are silly!" Pinkie laughed and continued bouncing along, not waiting for Twilight's reply.

Partheus gritted his teeth. "Hey, my clothes aren't funny! At least I don't have cotton candy for hair!" Partheus sighed as the pink pony trotted past them. "I assume that's a friend of yours, Twilight?" Twilight suddenly gave chase to Pinkie. "Pinkie! Come back! I need you for something!" Partheus was soon left alone with the light blue pegasus, awkwardly stood there in complete silence. "So, I guess she's occupied. Shall we just head to the survivor's camp and pretend this never happened?"

Sanc watched the pink pony bounce by with joy. Disctractedly she answered Partheus's question, "Roughly twenty ponies, half earth ponies, and two unicorns so far, the rest being pegasus. Is she...? Nevermind, uhm... But yeah, we are grateful that you want to help us, and if you have a plan all the better!" She fluttered her wings and bowed again "Im Sanctuary, I can lead you to the small camp we have set up."

(OOC, Jane, Prince, just hop right in when you see a spot, i dont think this RP is too terribly formal.)

Partheus rubbed his chin, thinking aloud. "Hmm, let's see, ten earth ponies, two unicorns, and eight or so pegasi... I think I could create a fairly solid formation out of that..." He noticed the light blue pegasus bow before him. "Nice to meet you, Sanctuary. I think it's best if we head to the camp now. The sooner we get there and get a plan going, the better chance we have of stopping whoever is behind all of this!" He ran back inside the house, and came back out a moment later, wearing a bright yellow satchel. "Aww! He cursed my satchel too? It doesn't matter. What matters is that I've got lots of stuff in here that'll come in handy for your camp. Shall we, then?"

She perked up and twirled around in the air for a moment. "Oh yes! My first recruitments! I hope we get to the camp all right." She settled back on the ground and moved about as she urged Partheus, Twilight and anypony that wanted to go into the camp. She took off at a slow trot, waiting for them to fallow her.

(OOC: ooops! Missed that midnight rain had posted for the guard pegasus and pinkie pie in the same post :blush:

(also) since it says "open", unless Teh_Brawler closes it to more players, anypony seems to be welcome. )

Amber hmms worriedly "That sounds like a magical attack all right. which means we arent just looking for Discord, but somepony crazy enough to free Discord. I'll need help in getting to the bottom of this. I'm Amber Wands, feel up to a rematch to redeem yourself?"

Partheus followed Sanctuary towards the encampment. He noticed a couple of other ponies beginning to follow behind him; a pink unicorn with her horn stuck on the bottom of her front-right hoof, a green pegasus with his wings replaced by wing-shaped pillows, and an orange earth pony with a beanstalk growing out of his back. Well, he thought, looks like I got lucky with my curse. Some poor folk have got it much worse than me, it seems. He sheepishly walked on among the cursed ponies, trying not to look smug or arrogant as they trundled along with their disfigurements while he briskly strolled with his bright clothing.

(OOC: go ahead and join fireraven, as far as i know an [Open] means anypony can jump right in.)

Sanctuary looked around at the disficured and cursed ponies as they continued at a steady trot. Her heart was in her eyes as she felt pitty and sadness for their troubles, but she continued on her path toward the camp. "I hope we can reverse this soon..."

Balance was having the most confusing day of his life. He was in court one minute, then the next, it was transformed into a circus tent, and everypony's clothes were suddenly changed. His suit turned a bright pink in front of his eyes, and the judge randomly turned into a clown. It was adjourned for the day, so he decided to find the source of this confusion. He went even more confused when he saw the pink clouds raining chocolate.

I'm all for spontinuity, but this is just...

Balance was trotting around Ponyville when he noticed several pony's with dangerous injuries. He then noticed pony's, one with funny looking clothes, that looked generally fine, and he hoped that they would know the situation.

"Hi." He said, without his normal enthusiasm. "Would you guys happen to have any clue what's happening?" He then looked back and saw the three disfigured pony's, and cringed in anger.

Whoever did this better prepare for what I can do to him.

Or her.

Yeah, whichever one.

And you better prepare, if you wish to face this guy. He obviously doesn't care for the law.

Well, I can help in any way I can.

Saqnctuary nodded at the pink dressed pony. "I don't know too terribly much but a few ponies have gathered nearby to try and stop this all. This is Twilight and Partheus," She indicated the two fallowing her. "Im Sanctuary, nice to meet you."