The Return of Discord [Open]

(Another late arrival! Whoop!)

Silver Swirl grabbed at the mask made of bone covering his normally aquamarine colored face, his burnished gold mane and tail in disarray. "WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME!?", he screamed loudly as his horn pierced through the bone mask and became something of an impalement spike. His muscle mass increasing and his appearance became more brutish but with grotesque bone spikes erupting from his back, he tried to pull it off but with no success.

Suddenly, a whisper was heard in his mind, "I'm inhabiting you, you are wearing me. We are a team now, at least until Discord is defeated. "What?", was all he could say to this strange presence in his head as he approached the machine pony and the others, his hulking and mutated form a horrific sight.

Hearing quite a bit of ruckus coming over from where he heard the crash, Strife decided it was time to investigate, so he found a rather large house nearby and teleported to the top, it looked like whoever lived there ate on the roof quite a bit,the ground was covered in sticky chocolate milk, there were four stools, a nice table, chocolate milk everywhere, several tea glasses....

Oh yeah, and the roof was covered in Choclate Milk, did he not mention that?

"Bah, I must focus! There might be a real threat at that crash sight!" He muttered to himself before looking around for anything out of the ordinary.

Well, at least not anything his master did.

"Let's see, that egghead's library, the town hall, some more ponies running around with mutations, a giant rubber duck,"He mumbled to himself nonchalantly before spotting what he was after, "Ah! A large crater surrounded by non-mutated ponies! That must be the crash sight!"

Squinting his eyes to make out there figures better, he recognized the mare with the wand who had his magical signature and that blue colt who apparently knew nothing of Discord.

But it seemed as if they had some new friends...

The first he spotted was a brown Earth Colt that didn't look like much, but he gave him a really bad feeling.

The next was just some White Unicorn Mare, he didn't think she would be a problem.

But then, he spotted the thing they were all crowding around, a massive monstrosity of metal that was obviously a threat.

"What is that thing? Some kind of Robot?" Strife mumbled to himself. Robots were not good, too orderly for his liking.

He was about to accept the fact that this would be all he had to worry about, however, he noticed one more pony approaching the group...

"What the....what is that?" Strife whispered as he looked down closer from his sticky perch, it looked ponyish yet seemed...corrupted, and not in the good way.

Finally catching a glimpse of it's face, Strife's eyes bulged to comical proportions as he began screaming," By the asymmetrical horns of Discord! What is that thing!"

Whatever it was, it was obviously another threat, and he had to take care of both robot and...thing immediately!

Strife dug deep into his magical reserves, while most of it had been spent freeing Discord, he knew he had enough to cast a good spell!

Speaking gibberish in long forgotten tongues, he began to sense the chocolate rain bend to his will and begin to form a column, that cplumn soon began to start spinning,slowly at first but it got faster and faster, soon a small chocolaty tornado would form and clean up his problem!

Obviously darling you can't defeat the spirit of chaos just by blowing him up you need something else to seal him. She said then turns to the robot. I hope you have a better plan than... what in Equestria is that noise. She said hearing a deafening roar coming their way. She turns toword the direction of the noise and spotted a chocolate tornado coming their way. Wasting no time Song whipped out her violin and started to play a haunting melody her horn glowing as she weaved togather a spell and released it through her music. Her music caused the ominus twister to freeze and start to bulge out in different locations. At the last moment she struck a final high pitched note and the tornado exploded causing chocolate milk to rain down on everypony in the area.

Well that was refreshing. Song said putting her violin away then scanned the area for the source of the magic well that was released to make the tornado.

Silver was almost next to them when he heard a scream of "What is that thing?!" and he looked for the source of the scream and saw a unicorn sending a tornado of chocolate towards him. "My turn!", the mask whispered as it attempted to take full control, causing immense pain as Silver transformed even more. Heart pounding out of his chest, he screamed as more spikes erupted from his legs and his horn glowed an eldritch red color. "WHY!?", he shouted in agony, these transformations were hard on his body. The mask responded, "It's this or you die from that tornado.". He was dumbfounded as the tornado was stopped by another unicorn and her violin.

"The Danger's over, let me go back to normal!", he shouted to no one in particular. "Fine, but don't forget that I am always available if you need my power!", the mask replied and the spikes retracted back into him but his increased strength remained and he panted with exhaustion, he wasn't used to his new powers yet.

Looking at the unicorn who stopped the tornado, he said in his best nonthreatening tone, "Please pardon my appearance, it's a mask I can't take off. Apparently it has a strong enchantment placed on it that puts the wearer in a pact with the spirit inhabiting the mask. It wants me for the defeat of Discord and won't let me go until Discord is gone. My name is Silver Swirl by the way." He knew he looked frightening and corrupted but he wasn't evil, just trapped with a mask that had an appetite for destruction.

Song turned to the sound of the voice behind her and didn't flinch when she saw the odd pony standing before her. "Don't worry darling I've seen more beasts in my day that'll make Discord have nightmares. You say name was Silver Swirl mmm? I'm Sweet Song but I mostly go by Song. She said giving a warm smile then turned back to inspect the horizon.

"scanning....target locked. directly ahead confirmed source of magical tornado" Nemesis had locked on to the source and twin small cannons popped out from his sides between his front and back legs.

Nemesis got clear of the ponies around him so they didn't get caught in the blast, energy began to build up and after a few seconds a line of ice blue energy shot forward at speed towards the source of the tornado sent after them.

Silver nodded his head, somewhat relieved by her response. Still it made him wonder what she had encountered to make his current physical form not frightening to her. "A pleasure to meet you Song", he said cheerfully as she turned back around and looked at the horizon once more.

Hearing the metallic voice of the robot announce a target lock on the magical signature directly ahead of their position and seeing the robot release twin cannons from his midsection and firing a line of energy at the source caused the mask to chuckle and say, "Are you gonna stand there and let the robot take care of that blasted unicorn or are you gonna get in the game?". This mask hadn't been with him long and it' was already getting on his nerves but if he wanted to be free of it, he had to put up with it.

Silver, galloped in the direction the cannons were fired and found a building with a gaping hole in the first floor walls. Looking up at the roof, he saw that same unicorn throw a tornado at him just very recently. "Why did you do that? Are you loyal to Discord?", he asked.

"HA-HA! Feel the wrath of Discord you weaklings! Feel his chocolaty wrath!" Strife shouted at them as the tornado was about to engulf them.

However, something....strange happened. First off, that White Unicorn he assumed wasn't any threat pulled out a violin and began...playing it, and while she was rather good he assumed that she was just playing herself off.

Why was he never right about anything?

As she played his beloved tornado started to bulge wildly and then, rather pathetically, explode, causing even more of the dark rainfall.

"Why can't I fight normal ponies for once?" He muttered to himself before noticing that the strange metal contraption had sprouted some really strange, glowing due-dads. "Wait...what is that thing doing-aw buck." He deadpanned as he saw blasts of blue energy race towards his position.

"Not today tin-can!" He declared venomously as he shot his own bolt of magic at on of the beams, deflecting it downwards towards the first story.

The second one on the other hoof....

Strife felt the roof shudder violently as it was hit, and he yelped as it collapsed beneath his feet. But thinking quickly he used what little magic he had left to change his levitation focus from his umbrella to himself and threw himself onto what little space on the roof that had not collapsed.

"Aw, I don't feel too hot..." He groaned as the chocolate rain washed over him, once again making it so he couldn't use what small amounts of magic he had left.

Suddenly, he heard a voice below him,Why did you do that? Are you loyal to Discord?

Strife was to weakened to answer, maybe if he played dead, he would go away!

Balance took the whole situation by surprise, not saying a word throughout the whole thing. He was entranced by Sweet Song's melody, and was also surprised when it got rid of the chocolate milk tornado. He saw the pony from earlier again in the distance, and after the robot shot him down, he decided it would be a good time to start talking. "Can somepony get me up there? Getting ponies to talk is one of my specialties..."

No it's not.

With that new spell I learned, it might as well be.

Looking behind him at the pony who asked for somepony to get him up there, he smiled behind the mask. "So making ponies talk is your specialty? I guess I can toss you up there somehow.", he replied as he grabbed Balance with his teeth. Silver lifted Balance in his teeth almost effortlessly and swinging his head back and snapping forward while opening his mouth. This launched Balance onto the roof of the nearly destroyed building.

Silver dear are you sure that was the best way to send that poor dear sailing though the air like that? She asked then cantered towords the ruined building to search for any life signs.

When she approached she noticed the unicorn that sent the tornado at them on the ground out cold. Next thing she knew she heard a yelp followed by a thud then some groaning.

She looked at the direction of where the was coming from and saw the pony who was tossed and quickly lended first aid.

Song then turned back to unconscious unicorn and scanned him for life. She cofirmed that he was still alive and was really tired out.

He's out cold friend we better wait till he wake and we'll try to get him to talk.

He facehoofed, "I'm sorry. I'm not used to my changed body yet.", he replied to Song. "Will he be okay?", he asked. He then noticed the unicorn that tossed the tornado being tended to by Song. He appeared to be out of energy but not dead.

At her suggestion to wait for him to awaken before questioning him, Silver stamped a hoof in annoyance, the mask's cajoling and heckling in his head making him angry. "I can wait. It's the mask being impatient and bugging me in my head." He paced around a bit before he bucked the wall of the building to vent frustration but he took out another wall and the whole building began to list and fall towards him.

"Oh, buck....", he whispered as the house filled his field of vision and he focused his magic on his mask as the spikes came out again and he reared up onto his hind hooves, gripping the building in his forehooves with a war cry. Halting the building's fall, he said to Song with a groan of effort, "Get him out from under! This building is gonna fall if I (ungh) let (urk) go...."

In a flash Song had here violin out and started playing it yet again. This time with a quick paced beat her horn glowing brightly While the music played the two downed ponies were pulled from danger and the wall was starting to be pushed back. When the ponies were safe Song released her magic placing the wall back in place and sealing it shut. Song became interested in the mask the odd pony was wearing and began to inspect it.

Nemesis who noticed that the building was collapsing and that silver needed help

"must....help" is all he said before his engines roared to life once more and at speed he placed his front hoofs on the building, thanks to his engine output he was able to push the building back up to its original place.

"Contain him" he said and looked to strife "he may be responsible for discords return. My scanners are picking up traces of discords magic around him..."

Balance was knocked out as he was thrown, having hit his head. He woke up quickly though, with just a headache. He saw the pony that he believed was involved with Discord, and tried his best to cast his spell, though had problems, not being very good with magic. He gave up after a minute, and thought it would be easier if he were awake. "Anything happen while I was out?"

Strife slowly rose from unconsciousness with a deep, restful sigh as he brought one hoof to brush dust out of his burnt Mohawk while the other went to his eye,"Ugh, What happened? All I remember is that freak-show questioning me before I fell asleep on the roof. Where am I now?"

Unfortunately, he was too busy removing dust from his eyes to notice that the ENTIRE RUIN was filled with the odd collection of goodie-two hooves, otherwise he would probably not of said anything.

"Oh hey guys! Ugh...this Isn't what it looks like..." He chuckled and put on a nervous grin, for all intents and purposes, he was caught.

But maybe, just maybe, he could trick his way out of this and do....something.

Silver appreciated the help and together, be and Nemesis righted the building. "Thanks for the help. I don't think I could have pushed it back up without totally trashing it." he felt the spikes retract and he gave a sigh of relief.

Hearing the Mohawk clad unicorn call him a freak show caused Silver to lose control over the mask as it took over again and his horrific form returned. Lifting the now awakened unicorn who freed Discord with one hoof, he asked, "What did you call me?!!!! A freak show? I didn't choose to become this way. Now you better tell us where discord is or I will have to persuade you." His eyes behind the mask shifted to red in color as he held the unicorn close to one of the sharp bone spikes on his back.

Silver darling try to stay calm Song said putting a hoof on Silver's chest to keep him away then she turned to the Discod pony with the look of pure murder on her face. Now dear you better explain yourself and don't think of any funny buisness for I know all of Discord's trickes and I asure you they won't work on me. She said cruelly keeping her violin close as her coat changed from white to jet black.

Was Strife scared as the Masked Pony lifted him up into the air while mutating horribly? You can bet Fluttershy's flank on it. But Strife was a very proud colt, for even though he had temporally lost his magical abilities{seriously! Why did the one side-effect of chaos weaken him? That makes no sense!} and this nutjob was about ready to bust him a new eye-socket, he still felt the need to be a smart alec.

"Oh boo-hoo! Is somepony sad? I would tell you to cry to mama, but if this happened to you, I don't want to see what happened to her!" he laughed horribly, wow, that was mean even by my standards!

Looking over at the musical mare, Strife sighed with distaste, "Yo, Rarity called, she wants her catchphrase back! Seriously, mix up your greetings a bit! Call somepony bro or something!" he mocked,"Also, what's up with the violin? Your just lucky I was almost magiced out, or else even Hooftoven wouldn't be able to play himself out of my spells!"

Typical from a pony who is limited in magic how tragic. How does is it feel to be such a weakling before all of us I even asume you thought I wasn't even a threat up till now. Blood violin shot back her eyes blood red. Now are you going to cooperate with us or do we have to resort to more...drastic matters "bro"

"Well, you were right, I didn't think you were a threat, But Ponyville seems to be full of fun surprises! But I'm glad you took my advice!Nice touch with the dark look! It looks nice." Strife laughed, his face becoming darker for a moment, before he continued in a voice filled with far more malice,"But if you think I'm a weakling or that I'm "limited in magic" why don't cha dry me off? I'll show you some of the perks of siding with a god!"

"But as to your first question, I got no bucking idea where the boss man is! I haven't seen him sense I released him, I just showed up here to cause some chaos, eat a few cup-cakes, and recruit some followers." Strife answered, honestly for once, before taking on a obviously sarcastic tone," I'm sooooo sorry I can't help you! I guess you can just, ya know, go look for Discord with your boyfriend and pet Robot and the rest of your friends and just leave me alone. I think that's a fantastic plan!" He finished, wait one minute.....if I lie to them, then I can escape and regain my power! Then I can show this snobby Dress-Making wannabe who's the real magical powerhouse around here!

"But I think I know where he is! He is probably at that refugee camp, causing chaos in more subtle ways! That's something he would do!" He really hoped this worked, or else he might need to find a new face....or head......or body.

Silver wasn't having any of this. This stallion didn't understand that it was taking every ounce of his will to keep the mask from slaughtering him? Song tried to appeal to him to calm down and he whispered, "I can't, the mask is in control of my body right now". It seemed song had a darker side as her coat became jet-black and her normal personality was replaced with a no nonsense personality that cut right to the chase.

The unicorn resorted to petty insults, about his mother. Silver's grip on holding the mask back by a thread that snapped as he slammed the offending pony into the dirt.

Blood wasn't going to let this pony interfere with her interagation. She gave Silver a murderous look and levitated him high in the air and strangled him for a few moments before sending him back to the ground. Don't interfere or it'll be your last She threatened. And you she snarled at the unicorn, what did you call me a "snobby Dress-Making wannabe"? The only gods I know are Luna, Celestia and Fireheart, my best friend who originally created the first Elements so don't Buck With ME!

Strife stared up from the ground in open mouthed shock as the insane Unicorn began beating on one of her fellow good-doers! Not even he had ever messed with any other Chaos Followers, you just don't do that to a friend!

Wait a minute, this is getting out of control, she looks like she is ready to kill me! Hm, I need to do something....He thought as he analyzed what she said once more, his eyes narrowing in pure,unadulterated rage as he remembered the full conversation.

Before he knew what he was doing, Strife was in her face, snarling at her.

"Look at you! You dare judge me? ME! While you chock one of your comrades? It is hypocrites like that which makes me want to serve Discord. At least with him you know what he wants to do! Cause Chaos! But with you disgusting orderly foals, you never know what your going to do! Want me to hand you a knife so you can go ahead and stick it in m- his back? Or are going to choke him again?" Strife lashed out, glaring daggers into the Pitch Mare's bloody eyes.

"You think your tough? Only the weakest of ponies resort to beating on their comrades." He snarled venomously, "I don't even want to dry off now, I'll beat you with your own string-toy!"

Heh do you honestly think you can take me little colt. Come back after a few thousand years and try to face me if you dare. She replied cooly staring mockingly back at him then her pesonallity swiched back and her coat went back to white. Oh dear did I do it again? She said ashamed putting a hoof on her head shaking it sadly.