mkay, i won't be on until 11 eastern though (work at 5) that won't be a problem, will it?

Not at all. I want to get the game started, but I don't expect everyone to post right away. I know that people have work, or are in school, or whatever. The days in the game can easily last for multiple real days anyway.

This goes for everyone; if something comes up and you might not be active for a bit, please let me know (posting in the game thread is fine). That's just so we know what's going on and so I don't have to debate over whether or not I need to modkill you. Also, more active players means more fun, so if you can't contribute, I might need to do something about it to keep the game fun for everyone.

I'm going to let the players set the pace of the game, and I'll use that to determine activity. I won't modkill anyone for being gone without giving them plenty of notice (probably 48 hours, but again, it'll be based on the pace of the game. No less than 24 hours though) beforehand.

Indeed it is! Time is up, and sign ups are now closed! I'll be getting the thread ready and sending out role PMs to everyone who has signed up sometime this afternoon. The PMs will contain a link to the game thread. Please don't post in there until you see "Day 1 Start" posted.

Okay, I've looked over the wiki, and I kinda get how this works, but there's one major question I have: Is this a roleplay? Are we acting out investigations and stuff, or is it more like people would play a board game, saying "okay, let's vote for so-and-so"?

It's more like how you would play a board game. You are basically just talking to everyone and trying to figure out who the mafia are, unless you are mafia, in which case you try to deceive everyone else into thinking you are town. You aren't any special character; you're given an alignment and your job is to do all you can to help your side win.

For example, you could ask something like...

So, hobbes574, what do you think about Player 1? They said this earlier, and I find it suspicious.

Or, if someone is asking you about a player, you could say something like...

Well, hobbes574 did say this, which seems to contradict what he said there, but I'm not sure that he's actually a mafia or if that was just a mistake.

If that's not clear, let me know and I'll see if I can't explain it better. :)

Well, some games start off at night so that someone dies. But I don't like doing that cause that means someone doesn't get to play. The best way to start is just to get some discussion going.

You can throw around random accusations to see how people react. Really, you can talk about whatever you want to get discussion going. The days last for as long as the players want, so you guys can talk as much or as little as you want!