Manehatten Clinic and Restaurant [OPEN]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunder saw the strange thing step into the back. The creature was probably confused and just needed some direction. He didn't appear to be stupid, but maybe he was just confused. He didn't know where the creature came from, so he had to be careful. Dunder walked after the human. "Excuse me, sir, but you need to come back to the customer area.... You can even sit with me while you wait to order..." Dunder said.

Partheus diverted his attention from the pony tugging at his shins to another pony asking him to sit next to him and wait for his meal. "Umm, sure. I can see the chef has had quite a busy day already, and I wouldn't want to further add to his burden." He followed the pony to his table, and sat down opposite him.

This thing was strange, but he wasn't hostile, so Dunder had to keep being nice. "So... where are you from?" Dunder asked with a smile, he was trying to be welcoming and hospitable in hopes this creature wouldn't eat his soul.

"Well, if you really want to know, I'm from Hominopolis, a neighbouring country to Equestria full of people like me. Here, I'll show you." He pulled out a crumpled map from his satchel, showing all of the known countries to Hominopolis. Hominopolis was surrounded by a patch of green, to the north was a white patch, to the south was a dark red patch, to the east was a blue patch with green dots in the centre, and to the west was a lusher green patch. "Thing is, no one else knows where Equestria is, so it isn't marked on this map. But, guessing from where I detoured on this road over here..." He pointed to a faint white line going through the patch of green meant to represent thick woodland. "We are about here." He pointed to a blank spot on the patch of green to the south-east of Hominopolis.

Partheus folded up the map, and put it back inside his satchel. "So, I bet you never knew that there were places outside of Equestria, huh?"

"Nope. I knew." Dunder said casually as he looked at the map, "I just know ponies don't explore too often, you know? With the technology barriers and stuff." Dunder said, "But I never knew the world was this big..." He said, "I suppose there are more creatures like you where you came from?" Dunder asked, it was a pretty stupid, but reasonable question.

"Yep. Hominopolis is full of people like me. That big grey circle in the middle is where most of us live. Very few people have the privilege to live outside of the walled city. And you happen to be talking to one of them..." Partheus smirked to himself. "I'm a messenger, so I need to be able to travel across the world on demand. So, what better way to be ready to travel in the wild than living in the wild itself?" He looked up at the ceiling. "Yeah, cute little cottage on a country road. About thirty acres of land to myself, perfect for my horse..." He suddenly jerked back, after realising what he just said.

"Err, I mean, 'house'! Loads of land to myself, perfect for my 'house'. You know, like for a nice view?" He began to panic. Nice going, he thought. Blurt out that you own a horse in front of sentient horses. Yeah, I'm sure that'll go down a treat...

Dunder nodded while looking at the map while the human spoke. When the human described his cottage, Dunder smiled at the description it sounded like a nice place until the human said one word. Dunder looked up at the human, "What do you mean it's a good place for your horse?" He asked, his voice sharp.

When the human tried to explain himself, "You enslave us, don't you? You hairless... thing?" He asked, venom in voice. He stood on his hind legs, standing about as tall as the human.

Confused, lost, and a bit scared, Snowy Dash slowly trots around the streets of Manehatten gawking at the buildings, for she had never been anywhere near a city before. Wow...I've never seen so many buildings...and they're so HUGE...she thinks to herself.

After minutes of walking around, her stomach begins to growl. She groans when she realizes that she hasn't packed any snacks in her bag and then she looks up and notices a restaurant next to a clinic. Hm...I wonder what's in there...all I know is that I need something to eat or i might not make it...Her curiosity and hunger gets the best of her as she decides to go inside. She cautiously trots inside the place and looks around.

Rainy Splash and Dream Breeze where too tired.They had to land soon unless they wanted to be grease spots on the ground.So they landed in front of the clinic and resturant.Rainy Splash looked over at his partner."So Breeze do you want the diner or the clinic?"he asked her.Dream Breeze just said"I'm sleepy!".Rainy rolled his eyes and said "Diner it is."He said as he trotted inside dragging Breeze behind him.Rainy and Breeze sat at a table in the back and started to nod off.

Partheus suddenly felt very uncomfortable at the sight of a colourful pony standing almost as tall as he did, staring him down with a venomous gaze. Wow, he thought, when these guys want to be threatening, they do it much better than I thought. Still, not as scary as Twilight when you disturb her during 'study time'... "Err, if you can just settle down, I'm sure we can talk about this like men... ponies... whatever."

Rainy Splash was worried to say the least and he didn't want Breeze nor himself to nod off in a diner.Who knows what would happen?So Rainy picked up a menu and started flippilng through the bevrages."Come on what do they have?Coffe?Hot chocolate?Red Dragon(pony equevilent of red bull.)Ah here we go I can get two super charged coffies!That should keep us awake!Come on Breeze."He said as he started to trot toward the counter with Dream Breeze in tow.Rainy splash knocked on the counter"Hello?"He asked as he heard Dream yawn.

Dunder glared at the human with piercing eyes. He huffed out a breath of hot air though his nose. "Fine..." He said before going back to all fours. He trotted back over and sat at the table. "You'd best explain yourself before I change my mind." He said.

Partheus settled back into his chair, trying to relax himself. "Okay, I'll explain. It's not as bad as it sounds, actually." He leaned back into his chair further, looking up at the ceiling again. "Well, for starters, 'slave' is a bit of a harsh term. The horses in Hominopolis aren't sentient like you guys are, so I'm not exactly holding it against it's will. And, unlike slaves, I feed, exercise, groom, and generally look after my horse. Like I said, my horse has about thirty acres of land to mill around in it's leisure time. How big is Ponyville? About the same area. You wouldn't give that much personal freedom to a slave, would you?"

He looked back at the pony. "Also, take into account how useful a horse is to someone like me. I have to travel across hundreds of miles, just to deliver some letters. You really think I'm going to walk that distance, when I could just hop on a much faster and more durable alternative? Think of it this way; if you had to walk from here to Canterlot every day to give Celestia some cake, and there were non-sentient creatures lying around that you could ride, who were faster and more durable than you, would you still walk?" He leaned forward and pulled out a horseshoe from his satchel. "Besides, do you know how lucky having one of these on you is? I can't tell you how much more successful my travels have been since I got this thing."

Rainy Splash looked around at the other customers.I should talk to some of them.He thought.Rainy went over to Partheus and Dunder."Hello sirs me and my friend here are new and we'd like to meet some new ponies.I'm Rainy Splash."

Dream Breeze walked over her eyes glazed over."Hello I'm Dream Breeze.It's nice to meet you two."She said kindly.

Wishing to stay under the radar of the other occupants, Snowy quietly trots over to a nearby booth in the corner and takes a seat. She picks up the menu lying on the table and begins to read it, intrigued by the strange foods listed.

Dunder listened to the creature as he explained himself. He seemed like a good talker... but words didn't mean the truth. Dunder couldn't tell if he was lying or not, these creatures had differed psychology, most likely, so he had the benefit of a doubt. "Fine. I'll believe you." Dunder said, "But if any f your things mistreat any of your horses, tell them that their end will be near.

When the human held up the horseshoe and explain it, Dunder nodded, "Yeah, they are pretty useful, but I don't wear any usually. I just fly around, you know, because of my wings." Dunder said as he puffed out his wings. "That also means I wouldn't walk to give Celestia any cake." He said, commenting on the human's earlier example.

He looked at the other ponies, "Oh, hello. Please sit down." He said to them

((Thanx Dunder.))

Rainy Splash took the seat by the wall and Dream Breeze sat beside him."So what are you two doing on such a fine day?"Rainy asked.Then Dream Breeze spoke up."Well I was just finishing off my paper route and met Rainy to go to well here: Manehatten.So here we are."She said.

Snowy glances around the room at the other ponies, observing their interactions. She quietly taps her hoof on the table in a bored manner, I wonder what other things there are to do in the city...this place seems a bit slow...and boring.,Snowy thinks to herself.

Juniper Berry finished the salad and brought it out to the artist pony and noticed the commotion being caused in his restaurant "OI IF YOU FOALS ARE GOING TO FIGHT I WILL PERSONALLY THROW YOU ON YOUR FLANKS OUT OF MY ESTABLISHMENT!" Juniper Berry saw an order placed for two coffees, another salad and looked over at a mare sitting by herself, eyes widening and turning into hearts twirling over to her "Hello my angel! What could I owe this honour of you visiting my humble establishment? anything I can prepare for you? just name it! on the house of course!" Juniper Berry smiled and forgot he didn't ask her name "My name is Juniper Berry, may I ask your name gorgeous?" he smiled even more, forgetting the other patrons in his restaurant.