[ Appleloosa ] Runaway Rootbeer [ Closed, PM for Invite ]

RoyalDice

The bottles were clinging against the side of the crate, as the little buffalo was jumping through Appleloosa, evading as many ponies as he could. As we all know, stealing crates of rootbeer wasn't really something you could do everyday - unless you were the buffalo castoff, Honovi! Ha ha, the light-weighted thief had stolen a bottle of Pony Pop Rootbeer, but after drinking it.. he found himself wanting more! So now, he was carrying a entire crate with him, as he traveled through Appleloosa back to his makeshift camp. He would have a good ol' drinking fest once he gets ''home''!

Appleloosa seemed rather quiet for this time of day, which made stealing 'supplies' only way easier! There was only a slight breeze, tumbleweeds rolling through the quiet streets, and the barks of a dog somewhere around town. He grunted and looked around the street, now actually hoping that he would see somebody to outrun. ''..'Ey! Anypony, or anybody 'dere?'' he calls out, tipping his top hat up slightly.

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: I wasnt sure if the time was early morning or from noon to 1. Since early morning would be the coolest part of day to actually get things done, I would guess the other time slot.)

Thorn the Donkey thought this time of day was too quiet since many ponies were sleeping off the worst part of the heat.

Not Thorn, donkies were made for rugged extremes it seemed. Which often made him wonder why there werent more donkeys in Appleossa. Oh well, maybe more would move in to work on the railroad soon.

His ears twitched to the sound of glass clinking... wait, wasnt' the general store missing some root beer lately?

This time of day would be perfect for it to have happened...

Suspicions aroused, the donkey quietly trotted outside, in time to hear ''..'Ey! Anypony, or anybody 'dere?'

He poked his head around the corner to look down the street, and saw a young buffalo, a smallish one at that. -with an entire case of root beer!

Thorn brayed challengingly "I'm here. Where did you come by that root beer?"

Another day, another afternoon that would have gone to waste - that is, if Gale honestly planned on staying about her and her brother’s new home whilst one of few breaks he’d offer, considering how much they've worked on restoring it already. The process was slow-going, but at least some progress was starting to weigh in, and she took the initiative to explore the town some more...and there wasn’t a soul of interest within it. She couldn't blame them really, with how most ponies don’t fare well with the afternoon heat, but still!

''..'Ey! Anypony, or anybody 'dere?''

The little jenny perked an ear, blinking a little at the sudden holler. She didn’t know many ponies who’d actually say anybody, and when it did happen, it was just somepony trying a little too hard to act polite around someone who wasn’t a foal and lacked a cutie mark...or actually, was it even a pony who said it? Gale tiphooved a ways away from the house, peeking her head around a street corner before seeing him - a younger buffalo, a smallish one, though she was still plenty shorter. She didn’t dare answer him first, and instead pulled her head back, wondering if he’d decide to go her way. Maybe if she waited he’d come over, and then she could catch him off guard, maybe even ask what the hay he was doing with those carts...

...then another voice chimed in. Presumably farther off, likely by the opposite corner. “Rootbeer? Really?” He muttered loudly, wondering why in Tartarus a buffalo would take a crate full of soft drinks. “Atleas’ take something that won’ leave ya with a sugar rush in th’ middle ah th’ desert! Like, say, water er somethin’!” the sorrel donkey took a sharp turn around the corner, finally facing the roguish young bull and...wait, another donkey!? And Gale thought that she and her brother were the only ones in town!

The jenny blinked in surprise at the young jack opposite of her. He seemed about her age, maybe a bit older, though that was probably because of how much shorter she was than most donkeys her age. She made a quick ‘ahem’ before maintaining her annoyed glare at the castoff before her. She wasn't here for casual greetings, but was one of two was dealing with a thief, and one with a poor sense of practicality at that, right?

He sniffed the air shortly, such a good day it was to go and- wait a second, somepony.. or rather a donkey approached him. He seemed unimpressed that the buffalo had stolen an entire crate of root beer. Pfuh! It was harder than it looked! Stealing the crate was one thing, but escaping with it in your mouth whilst other ponies are trying to catch him aswell was another thing! Regardless...

''Ya'r wonderin' how i got this?'' he asked, and tilted his head. ''Ere in Appleloosa, o'course! Free o' charge!'' he chanted, with a grin. He wasn't sure how he had to approach this, though it seemed rather obvious he just wanted a challenge. ''How fast can ya jog, guy?'' he trotted around the donkey as he wondered out loud. ''Cuz.. ya know, all dese 'ere ponies are just so..'' he groaned shortly. ''Sloooooow...'' he said slowly, making it rather obvious of what he thought of those ponies, ignorant of the fact that some might've heard him.

''Ya agree, right?'' he asked, and chuckled shortly. ''I prefer ya donkey's n' dragons and such..'' he said, rolling his eyes. ''.. Then 'gain.. i haven't met any dragons yet..'' he said, blinking shortly as he looked in the distance very shortly before shaking his head and turning back to the donkey with a sly grin. ''Still, my statement stands.. '' he muttered, taking the case back into his mouth and walked over to a certain house, inhabited by a jenny and her brother. ''Iw krchnowt lwie awfouf dawfd!'' he said, holding the case in his mouth still.

(OOC: from the bio, it sounds like Honovi is from a rival herd to Thunderhooves', yes? )

Thorn was taken aback that the young buffalo seemed to be taunting him with the robbery and practically daring him to chase and catch him. "Chief Thunderhooves will not be pleased at this robbery, ...or are you even from his tribe, thief? He would not allow such shenanigans to endanger the two buffalo that visit our town."

The russet jack trotted after the brash bull, unable to understand what was said as he approached a house that somepony had moved into recently, but he had not yet met them. "Unhoof that root beer, Ruffian!"

The dapper donkey stopped in surprise as he saw a small jenny, about his age he guessed. He moved to keep facing the buffalo, but stealing glances to the jenny "Um, Good Afternoon, Miss. Sorry for the disturbance. I am Thorn, from the Bistro B&B, and I heard this thief daring somepony to catch him."

He suddenly drew himself up boldly, grinning at a thought as he looked at Honovi, moving to try and cut him off "I dont' suppose you have thought your daring plan through?"

Gale blinked as the young buffalo came up to her and the house, cocking an eye at his rather...well, muffled statement. “H-huh?” If he was trying to talk to her, then holding that case of rootbeer certainly wasn’t helping him to start up an intelligent conversation. Maybe it it didn’t matter though, considering how brash he was...not that the jenny herself wasn’t guilty of that, but that was beside the point. Rolling her eyes, she then came face-to-face with the other donkey - or Thorn, as he introduced himself. She noted to herself that, to say the least, that he certainly didn’t sound like a farmjack, but maybe it wasn’t her place to judge. She might have to ask where he came from at some point, but now wasn’t the time.

“Er, Gale.” She answered back, albeit awkwardly. It had been a while since she’d been around anypony, or anyone, who seemed roughly her age, buffalo, donkey or otherwise, though she wasn’t much better around foals and adults. Her eyes lit up with the mention of potentially chasing the bull in question - she didn’t care much about being a hero or catching thieves, but with a notable exception in mind, this seemed to be the most interesting thing to potentially happen to and around her since she arrived.

“Can’t say ‘e has, but I wouldn’ mind joinin’ in on ah good chase.” The jenny smirked, innocently shuffling a front hoof at her own proposal. If either of them were to tell her it was between the two of them, then she’d join in anyways. Being who she was, there was no way in Tartarus she’d miss the opportunity to appease any amount of boredom she might have had.

(( OOC: A rival tribe, perhaps, but the entire tribe is gone from Appleloosa now, and are currently.. somewhere else! There's a chance Thunderhooves might know him, but i doubt it. ))

''Thunderhooves, eh?'' he asked, and scoffed loudly. ''Who's that even?'' he asks. ''Boyfriend o' yours?'' he chuckles, grinning slyly. '' Ah.. no worries.. i don't know him, and i dun' respect those buffalo either!'' he said, poking his tongue out of his mouth at the jack before turning around slightly surprised.

Another donkey? A jenny this time, and a cute one at that. Chuckling to himself as he took his top hat off for her. ''Aye, miss!Pleasure to meet ya! I am Honovi, from the .. well, the desert!'' he grinned broadly, and winked. ''Dun' think of me as a ordinary thief.. s'for a good cause..'' he muttered, and put the top hat back on his head before turning around

Facing the jack, he grunted. ''My 'plan'?'' he asked, and shakes his head. ''I was merely seein' if i could get a l'il chase going.. wait.. so.. that's.. you...'' he said, pointing at the jack and then turned around and pointing at Gale. ''.. an' you..'' he counted as he slowly picked up the crate. ''.. swhure!'' he chuckled, and started trotting away, trying to whilst but mostly just blowing air out of his mouth as he awaits the others to 'chase after him.'

''Thunderhooves, eh?'' he asked, and scoffed loudly. ''Who's that even?'' he asks. ''Boyfriend o' yours?'' he chuckles, grinning slyly. '' Ah.. no worries.. i don't know him, and i dun' respect those buffalo either!'' he said, poking his tongue out of his mouth at the jack before turning around slightly surprised.

Thorn brayed angrily and turned red in the face at the brashness of the buffalo, even if he was just joking around.

Belatedly he remembered he had taken off his derby to the jenny and put it back on, and fumed at the buffalo also politely greeting Gale. What nerve!

He nodded to the jenny "I would be pleased to have your company in chasing this ruffian, Miss Gale."

Suddenly Honovi started trotting off "And that would be now! Lets capture a thief!" He brayed and started running after the buffalo, hoping to catch him before he left town.

Just in case though, he grabbed the canteen off Pickaxe Pete as he dozed in the shade on the covered sidewalk, waking the pony up "My apologies Pete, I'll bring it right back. Have donuts on me at Bistros..."

He ginned and wondered how rough the race was going to be, and if the buffalo had discovered what happens when you shake root beer....

Another introduction, and even more hat-tipping at her dispense. Since the first ponies she met in town had only been there temporarily, she had to wonder if everyone - outlaws included - happened to be this polite in Appleloosa. She bit her lip, forming a scowl while resisting the urge to make a light, incoming chuckle at the buffalo’s antics, though she didn’t know why or where it was coming from. ‘Wha’ do they think I am? One ah th’ Princesses?’ She was not about to let petty emotions get in her way, no siree!

“Kinda hard to think of ah cause, when yer livin’ offa soft drinks.” Gale muttered back, her voice edging on deadpan. She then turned to Thorn, a part of her amused by the jack and bull before her: Both were charming, or at least seemed to be, but Thorn appeared pretty straight-laced, while Honovi was, well, roguish. When the thief took his leave, the jenny nodded as she took off with the dapper donkey, flashing him a wink as they began the chase. A small glance of confusion could be seen on her face when she saw Thorn grab that canteen from somepony’s house, but it occurred to her that maybe he had an idea in mind, and of course, that buffalo was running away with root beer...

Catching up briskly, Gale grinned as the jack continued with the chase. “Quick thinkin’ there!” She turned her head quickly at him, then put her focus on keeping up with Honovi. She nimbly dodged an empty barrel that suddenly lay her way, bucking it with her hind hooves as it was knocked over, tumbling away from the three.

By now she was matching the other donkey’s speed, and even seemed to surpass it at that! If there were any quirks to being small, then a few inches shorter meant a few less pounds to carry, and that in itself meant a quicker pace on her part. Feeling particularly daring, she decided that a little bit of taunting was well overdue.

“HAY, Two-horns! Ya think you c’n ou’run us!?” A wicked, daring little smirk.The jenny sped up even more, and passed Thorn with a few more pounding trots. Maybe she came out harsher than she initially thought, but the heat of the moment wasn’t exactly welcoming her with a dose of common courtesy.

His grin still intact as he heard the jack bray in frustration. Ha ha, it was such fun to taunt that donkey! He was playing along nicely, making the calf chuckle. This was going better than expected! He looked back at the jenny, dropped the case of rootbeer and shrugged. ''Trust me.. s'a good cause..'' he briefly said, before quickly grabbing the case in his mouth again.

However, to his surprise, the jenny seemingly was teaming up with the jack. A jenny? That hadn't happened before.. No fillies nor mares have chased him before, as they usually just let the stallions handle it - not that it would be a difference in the end. He scoffed, and quickly darted off as they began chasing him, however not noticing that the jack had thought of a plan already.

He looked behind him and glared at the jenny as she called out at him, seeing as the case with the bottles was still in his mouth he had no time to answer. Instead, he hopped over a barrel and kicked it back at the two donkeys as he started sprinting away again. Let's hope that answered her question!

They are fast, but are they fast enough to keep up?

Thorn felt his heart skip a beat as the jenny winked to him when they began the chase, and really felt energized when she praised his quick thinking in grabbing the canteen.

"Y-Yes, if he gets to the desert we may need water, and Pickaxe Pete will think donuts sufficient payment."

Thorn grinned as Gale seemed to be making a race of it, scooting ahead and kicking a barrel the buffalo knocked over out of the way. Thorn brayed in praise "Great hoofwork! See if we can get him shaking that case a bit more..."

The russet colored jack saw a luggage cart ahead at the train station, and angled toward it, jumping on it to surf on it the length of the train platform. Thorn cheered, his string tie streaming behind him "Huzzah! I'm catching up!"

• 2 weeks later...

“Thanks!” The jenny grinned at Thorn. “Hard work does plenny well, I guess...” Admittedly, even outside of the farm back around Nimbusgait Lakes, that barrel wasn’t the only container she’d ever bucked swiftly with her hind legs. In fact, inanimate objects weren’t the only things she’d ever kicked...not that she’d admit it, at least as of now. She still wanted to make a good impression on the townsfolks, even if she didn’t mind getting a little dirt on her hooves.

She continued on with the chase, keeping up a fast pace with the occasional sprint, before she blinked at the sight of the jack about the train’s platform. Glancing quickly at Honovi, something came to mind; couldn’t the calf easily trot away from the station? Sure he was catching up with her...and the buffalo...but if the latter had any common sense, he’d likely canter off into another direction entirely, thus wasting time by getting away from the train station. Gale was about to facehoof at the situation - she didn’t care too much about capturing anyone, yes, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t tell that the other donkey’s attempt at showing off would cause a some sort of setback...

And then it came to mind. More time stalled meant for a longer chase.Trying to keep up, the jenny opened her muzzle, resisting another smirk.

“Er, y’ realize he’ll jus’ run away from the train, right?” She queried Thorn in a matter-of-fact voice, a hint of annoyance layered within it for added effect. She didn’t care if Honovi overheard her - in fact, that was the point. She did want him to hear it. She wasn’t purposely trying to help him out, or trying to appear innocently overheard, though she’d hope for the latter to be assumed. She just wanted a good chase, and a good chase was prone to a few bumps in the road.

((OOC: Eee, sorry for the late reply! On another note, happy 4th of July! Or for those who don't celebrate it (celeBRAYte?), er, have a post?))

Looking behind him, the buffalo came to realize he didn't stand that much of a chance. The jack had apparently thought up a plan to 'take the train' to catch up with him, whilst the jenny was still very much on his tail. Honovi, you stupid buffalo! What to do.. what to do.. when suddenly!

“Er, y’ realize he’ll jus’ run away from the train, right?”

Oh, that was quite the good idea! Way to go, mind! But wait, that wasn't his mind telling him what to do! It was that.. jenny, chasing after him. She seemed either really dumb or just very.. playful. Since the former seemed very unlikely, he chuckled quietly, as he started running away from the train, darting into an alleyway quickly.

Let's see them keep up now!

Thorn was catching up quicklly as long as the buffalo ran alongside the train station platform.

Suddenly, Gale commented about the possibility of the thief running away from the platform, and having to say it loud enough to be heard over the clattering of the luggage cart.

Of course Honovi heard this and suddenly ran away down an alley.

Thorn groaned and dropped his back hooves off the cart to stop it with a screech of his tiny horseshoes on the thick wooden decking.

"Ow! Ow! Hot!"

He jumped off the platform onto a stack of crates, leaping from layer to layer and to the ground as he ran toward the alley. He raised his right rear hoof every couple steps to let the metal cool off. "That Honovi is beginning to irk me..."

Grinning while Thorn wasn’t looking, Gale - at least at first - didn’t waste any time as she followed Honovi into that alleyway. After all, this was a chase scene. In the end, she still had to keep up, be one step ahead of the one being pursued...

"Ow! Ow! Hot!"

On the jenny’s face, a visible wince. While she hadn’t stopped running, Gale still managed to turn her head briefly towards the jack. Stopping that cart, to say the least, certainly seemed painful around his hooves, and the screech of his horseshoes didn’t help ease it. For a moment she felt, well, a little guilty. Sure, her intentions differed from Thorn’s - not that she would dare admit it, but if catching that calf was important to him, then maybe she shouldn’t have jeopardized their prospects.With a sigh of defeat, she bit her lip, slowing her trot just enough to let him catch up. With that, she caught him muttering something about his frustration with a certain someone. He seemed rather...well, she found it rather cute, seeing in annoyed, but shook the thought before turning towards him.

“Like ya ‘adn’t beforehoof?” She commented wryly as she kept a quick gait. Not the best way to start a conversation. Well, especially after letting Honovi nearly get away, and at the jack’s expense, too. “Eee, sorry ‘bout back there!” Gale quickly added, making a brief glance at Thorn’s horseshoes before looking back at his face. She was surprised he wasn’t mad at her for saying in in the first place, but maybe he was just being polite. Either way, it didn’t seem to matter. The jenny tried to think of something more to say, but admittedly, small talk wasn’t quite her forte. Still, she had a few ideas in mind - not of small talk, but they were in an alleyway. Assuming there were a few more buildings next to each other, there might be a few more paths one could take, hmmm...

“H-hay - ya think it’s possible t’ split up?” Gale lowered her voice, this time set on not allowing Honovi the benefit of overhearing her. It was the least she could do, right? “There might be ah few outlets ‘round th’ corner. If one of us takes another route, then maybe we’ll, say, innercept th’ hypotenuse? Jus’ ah suggestion...” She quickly gestured a hoof - there was a wall at the first end of the alley, but there were also two paths, one on the left, the other right.

At this point, all three of them were starting to near it. Depending on how Thorn would comply with the possible plan, or even if he’d go with it at all, she knew full well that this could easily have an affect on how the chase went.

Running along the alleyway, the buffalo started sweating. This .. constant chasing was starting to wear him out. He need a drink. Fortunately for him, a drink was closer to him than expected. Even so, he had to lose those pesky donkeys. Looking back to see where they were, he grinned and chuckled. It seems the other donkey, Torn? Thorne? Whatever his name was apparently had a slight.. accident! Heh heh.. even though that wasn't in his plan, it was still rather enjoyable to watch. Surprisingly, as he looked back forwards, he nearly crashed into a wall, seemingly the end of the alleyway!

So, he took a left, he took a right, another right, another left and he slowly stopped running. He had hoped he had lost them, but.. so far.. that seemed like the case! He sat down and chuckled, putting the case on the ground as he grabbed one of the bottles. ''.. Ah could indeed go for a drink! '' he mutters, as he removes the bottle cap and starts gulping down the delicious rootbeer!

Mmmm~ Nothing better than Root Beer!

Thorn was finally feeling better as the metal cooled, the forced hopping ending quickly. "It is *pant* quite all right Miss Gale. -And before, I was annoyed and helping protect my neighbor's stocks."

The buffalo calf ahead was coming to the end of the alley and the T intersection there.

Gale suddenly spoke at a lower voice, apparently catching her mistake from before, and Thorn responded in kind. "Brilliant idea, Miss Gale. I'll keep on his tail and you can take the other way and head him off since you are so very speedy! Keep your ears open. The bottles may yet pop from the shaking."

Ahead, Honovi had nearly hit the wall at the end of the alley and went left. Thorn followed through several turns, but lost him for the moment at another T intersection. "Blast it.."

He suddenly heard the hiss and pop of a bottle somewhere nearby.

He took a deep sniff, "Aha..root beer..." and began following the sharp smell...

• 3 weeks later...

Gale nodded at Thorn, flashing a wide grin at the agreement. “Will do!” She replied with a quick salute before narrowing her gaze at the end of intersection. She payed close attention as Honovi nearly crashed before taking a left she’d have to go opposite, she noted. As she came towards the base of the ‘T’, she made a quick, sputtering halt before bolting right. A wicked, bray-like cackle escaped her muzzle as she muttered in determination.

“Runaway root beer? Heh! Yer takin’ a halt...”

The jenny took two more lefts after that before starting to grow confused - how just where in Tartarus was that calf? Or better yet, where was she? “C’mon, keep yer ears peeled - er, open! Yeah - keep yer ears open Gale...” The little equine kept repeating, trying to remember what the jack had told her. Her gait slowed down - partially as a means of pacing herself, and due to thinking that maybe, just maybe Honovi was closer than she thought...

''.. Ah could indeed go for a drink! ‘'

Gale jerked her head around - there was a corridor she passed, exactly where an audible voice could be heard. With a smug on her face, the jenny turned around and crept right at its edge, right near the entrance yet not visible from the side. The sound of a cork popping open could be heard, assisted by a few loud gulps and the sound of fizzing soda. With another mischievous grin of hers, she slowly backed away diagonal-wise from the passage, preparing for a dynamic arrival.

“Steady...wai’ fer the opportune...aaaaaand, GO!” She charged right in for the kill -except for the fact that everypony/one/buffalo/whoever around Appleloosa seemed to be a mammal of prey, but that was beside the point. Gale bounded fast as Honovi and the case came in clear view of her. She was a mere, 12 yards away...then 9...then 6...then-

“Got’cha NOW, y-!”

*CRASH!*

Glass and wooden splinters flew everywhere as she crashed and practically obliterated the root beer case, and the shaken-up soft drinks within each now broken bottle didn’t fare any better. Sticky, fizzy soda sloshed all over Gale’s mane, sorrel coat and beige-marked socks, and certainly made a splash around the alley she was in. Cuts and splinters also covered the jenny, the residue from the root beer not at all helping to soothe them. Perhaps this was karma for her purposeful stunt near the train station, or maybe this was just a mere, unlucky run-in. Whatever it was, it didn’t seem to matter as she stumbled half a foot away from her spot, wincing from the sudden crash before a vague bout of exhilaration encompassed her face, which was quickly erased with a blink before it turned into an annoyed, yet almost playful look at the calf before her.

“You really need t’ think these chases out - next time, mayhaps?” She remarked. another wince, and with that a temporary scowl on her muzzle. If anything, she doubted that little jennies like her slamming into a stolen root beer case had been on his agenda...or on her agenda, for that matter.

The buffalo had just put the bottle down, licking his lips as he heard something. Or rather somepony. Or rather Gale. ''Huh? Ain't dat a surprise! Ha ha, i wouldn't have thought ya-'' he started, preparing a grin as he looked over into the direction the voice came from. To his surprise, the jenny was already running towards him, and it didn't look like there was much space between the two any more. ''.. Oh-''

*CRASH!*

The soda dripped off the buffalo's nose, as he shook his head. His gaze searched for the jenny, slightly annoyed. ''.. Y'know, missy, that was uncalled for, even if i am terrible at these chase-amathingies.'' he muttered, and licked his lips. ''I'd offer you a bottle to congratulate you on catching up with me, but..'' he looks at the case and grunts. ''.. you broke 'em all.'' he muttered, and crosses his hooves. ''.. That's okay though!'' he quickly said, and grinned at her. ''I'm covered in root beer, y'are covered in root beer..'' he said, brushing himself off lightly.

He licked his lips again, looked over at the jenny and purred. For a moment, he just sat there on the ground, and then he moved a bit closer. ''Ya got some root beer on ya lips.'' he muttered, as he leaned forwards towards her. ''Should'a .. clean it?'' he asked, and chuckled again, before quickly leaning back again. ''I saw 'dat one in a play once. Traveling players, 'dey were. Stopped in Appleloosa once..'' he muttered, and tapped his chin. ''.. Is it workin'?''

Thorn galloped toward the smell of root beer. Turn a corner... turn that corner... and....

*CRASH!*

The russet colored jack skidded to a stop at the sound, startled and glad he had not been the cause of the sound.

"Sounds like all that shaking blew up the bottles... and the sound was just ahead! Avanti!"

Thorn sprinted to the next corner and came upon the sight of Miss Gale and Honovi apparently having collided.

The young buffalo was apparently trying to steal a kiss from the jenny.

"*Ahem* I hope I am interrupting? ...Oh! Miss Gale! You are hurt! ....and so are you, Honovi..."

He sighed and moved to block the main route out that wasnt' covered in glass "Since you are both also covered in root beer, shall we all go to Madam Bistros for washing and patching up? Carbonated sodas of any kind itch horribly when it dries on one's body." He gave a stern look to the buffalo "And then we can discuss the root beer situation, or you try to escape again, whichever comes first...?"

• 2 weeks later...

Y'know, missy, that was uncalled for, even if i am terrible at these chase-amathingies.''

Gale merely rolled her eyes at the buffalo’s muffled statement. That wasn’t even the point - or perhaps it was, assuming that he saw the whole chase as some sort of game. The idea of it didn’t quite surprise her, however. She raised an ear while he pointed out that he’d have offered a bottle had she not crashed-landed onto the crate, and then another when he mentioned they were practically wearing their potential drinks, but managed to appear nonchalant.

''Ya got some root beer on ya lips....'Should'a .. clean it?''

The jenny blinked, stepping back as Honovi veered close. Her ears, still pointed loosely towards the sky, turned towards their sides as though giving off a defensive air - okay, so maybe her actions - such as directly and indirectly helping both Honovi and Thorn throughout the case - made her seem fickle, perhaps even as rogue to the former. But But as far as Gale was concerned? There were certain cards she wasn’t willing to bet on. --- He saw that in a play? Really? Did the calf think she would swoon over something like that?

“If the poin’ is creeping me out, then it sure is workin’.” She replied dryly. Gale would have continued if a certain dapper donkey hadn’t showed up - and right on cue, oddly enough. Being as straight-laced as he was, the jack at least killed the awkwardness of the situation, and seemed to care.

Watching her step, the jenny carefully brushed away a few broken planks, cautiously making steps around the glass shards as she turned her head towards Thorn. “Y-yeah, sounds good- darn it! Opps, almost stepped on s’more glass...” A few more tactful hoofsteps as she maneuvered herself before finally finding a clear, messless spot. ‘Madam Bistros’? Gale recalled seeing the place, though she never did take a visit - her and her brother had been a little too busy fixing up the place they moved in, and opted to spend what extra bits they had on extra repairs...

• 3 weeks later...

The buffalo grinned, and started laughing. ''Not gon' happen, jack-o.'' he muttered, and got up. ''I'll be at my camp! Ha!'' he proudly states, stomping the ground. ''See ya both! I still need to git myself some.. hmm..'' he tapped his chin.

He snerked, and nodded. ''.. Have a good drink, jack-o!'' he said, as he got up and started trotting away. Quite possibly, just to grab a few more bottles of rootbeer.

Thorn brayed softly and moved to help Gale if she needed it , while keeping an eye on the buffalo calf.

"careful now Miss Gale."

His ears lopped and he did a facehoof as Honovi suddenly seemed intent on continuing the chase.

"You cant be serious! You have cuts and rootbeer all over!"

The dapper donkey brayed and hopped over the glass, trying to catch the calf. "Fine! If you make us chase you again, You'll be so itchy from it drying in your hair and in those cuts you'll beg us to take you to Madam Bistro's bathing room!"

• 2 weeks later...

Gale continued to maneuver her way out from the mini-minefield of splinters and glass, nodding at Thorn as she did. It didn’t take long, however, before the little jenny let out an eyeroll - at Honovi, specifically. As much as she found the chase fun while it lasted, the calf really seemed to be pushing the limits.

“Oh fer cryin’ out loud...” With a groan a few agile sprints, she averted her way out from the sprawled shards and wood, quickly catching up. Glancing behind her, the jenny plucked a prominent splinter sticking out from her shoulder and promptly spit it out by her open side - not the most ladylike action, but impressing anypony - or in this case, a buffalo and a jack - was the last thing she was hellbent on doing at the moment.

“Hey you -” the sorrel donkey rose her voice at the calf in front of his pursuers. “ - Haven’ ya had enough chase scenes in ah day!?”

Quite surprised at the reactions of the two, the buffalo grunted. [colour=#8b4513]''Hey, no 'ffence, but i didn't know goin' home was a crime.''[/colour] he said slowly, looking over at the jack first.[colour=#8b4513] ''I can take care o' myself, jack-o.''[/colour] he said, smiling innocently. [colour=#8b4513]''This ain't the worst mess i've created, i'll tell ya that much.''[/colour] He looked over at the jenny again, who apparently had put up quite a voice.[colour=#8b4513] ''Ah never said i wanted a chase, l'il miss.''[/colour] he chuckled, and shrugged. [colour=#8b4513]''If ya wanna chase me, then s'not my problem!''[/colour] he chuckled again, starting to trot away yet again.