The Pony Pirates Project REVAMP

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.canterlot...zini-nyota-wip/

My character's app. QuickLime, I do recall that IRC chat we had about this character and yours. If you still want to have it so they've known each other, we can work that out together.

Definitely, I just need to wait for my character to be accepted!

Who's going to get the chief engineer position?

Have you checked the updates one the first page? We're going to need a short narrative of your RP style. A sample of at least 2 paragraphs of how your proposed character interacts with the crew.

BOOM!

A cannon roared somewhere on the ship, muffled by the layers of wood separating the engine room from the outside battle. Peggy was running about, having to add an extra hop to her step because of her missing leg. It didn't seem to impede her in the slightest as she moved swiftly between gauges and meters, making sure that everything was working smoothly (and patching up something when it wasn't) even with the damage they'd taken. The mare was in her element, this is what she was best at. The mechanics that kept the ship running were in good hooves with her and stood virtually no chance of failing. That is, unless something happened that she had no power over, but the Chief Engineer would hate to think on that. This ship was her baby after all, she'd kept it running through thick and thin and knew it's inner workings better that anypony. She'd already had to make up for the fact that one of their air flippers had been blown off in the first volley, and more damage would make things complicated. Not that Peggy couldn't handle it.

CRACK!

Another cannonball smashed through the side of the ship, leaving the engine room open to airflow. Peggy cringed at the impact, the stuffy and steamy room suddenly and violently ventilated. She gave herself a fraction of a moment to take a deep breath of the now fresh air, only to smell the horrifying stench of smoke. Her eyes widened as she looked for the source, and spotted a badly damaged pipe leaking the black fog. She hopped back to the pipes and turned a few knobs, the black smoke sputtering and vanishing. She had to repair the damage and let the engine flow normally again, or else they might be in trouble. Pressure would quickly build up and the now sealed pipe might just end up bursting again, causing more problems than before. It was a risk, but a necessary risk.

"SOMEPONY GET ME SOME REPLACEMENT PIPE!" She shouted up to one of the crew members helping her. "AND FAST!"

Another mare came rushing down the stairs, a box of replacement parts in tow. "A-Are we going to explode? I don't want to explode!" She said, looking frantically at the gaping hole and smoking engine.

"Not on my watch!" Peggy said, bucking the broken pipe out of place and hurriedly getting to work with the replacement and a wrench. She got it into place and turned the same knobs back, the pipe beginning to rattle again with steam and smoke, but this time no leaks. Peggy let out a sigh of relief, allowing herself another fraction of a moment. Things were just getting started, and the engineer mare had a large smile plastered across her coal and sweat smeared face as she leaped back into action.

What do you guys think? Good? Also, I was just wondering what the name of the ship was going to be...

Just a typical Crew Member for Runner is all, there doesn't seem to be many positions open that he would otherwise fit into. But he could easily move around the ship. He's quite agile.

EDIT: I'm also curious as to what the Seargent-at-hoof position entails.

Just a typical Crew Member for Runner is all, there doesn't seem to be many positions open that he would otherwise fit into. But he could easily move around the ship. He's quite agile.

EDIT: I'm also curious as to what the Seargent-at-hoof position entails.

In other words, pony ship security officer.

Runner could do that, he's fairly strong

Post away your OC app link and please do also post an RP sample. ;)

http://www.canterlot...age__hl__runner

That's my app, I'll make a RP sample when I get home.

(At school right now)

Are you aiming for the security position on this app? It's a nicely done app but shows no relation to a pirate life. All of us who applied for positions on the ship at least have their story tied into being with the Freedom Wing's crew. Suggest that you at least try to make a real pirate app for this. If you read some of our apps, some of them are tied together like how GangPlank (Quicklime) rescued an outcast Diamond Dog, Gravy (Corsair), who became the ship's cook, or how the first mate, Grandya (My OC) was rescued by the crew when she plunged from the sky wounded.

Oh, you wanted us to tie our OCs personally with the crew? I geared my app towards making my character an excellent airship engineer thinking that her involvement would be somewhere along the lines of getting hired by the crew and acclimating to the crew and their personalities, acting as sort of a newbie while being an expert at what she does. I'm currently in the process of adjusting it at the request of a mod, so I could still put in some sort of tie in.