The Pony Pirates Project REVAMP

Updates (Jun23):

- We have the Sergent-at-hoof position filled! Welcome back Bannhammer to the crew with his OC Martel!

Updates (Jun19):

- Thread is a go! http://www.canterlot...pirates-closed/

Updates:

- Removed Cabin Colt/Cabin Fillies (Its not right to have young-ins on a pirate ship). Those who applied for Cabin Colt/Filly will be instead made transferred to Crew members.

- Removed Crew Ponies and replaced it with Crew members. Crew members are the general crew who does all the ship stuff like hoisting the mast, running the engines with the Chief Engineer or even helping the ship's cook.

- All those who want to join the crew are now required to submit a sample of their RP. Please post an RP sample of the position you are applying for. For example, you would like to RP as the Chief Engineer. Please create a short RP (at least 2 paragraphs) of how your engineer interacts with the crew in a situation. I know this is sounding overkill but we're looking for excellent and dedicated RPers since this will be a long RP adventure and we don't want anyone just jumping in and then suddenly leaving a position vacant for whatever reason.

Okay guys, this time Quicklime and I are going to take the lead on this one. As you guys know the last Pirate Project somewhat lost interest and I'm not giving up on what I've worked on and devoted to. Quicklime and I have decided to spearhead this thing into something tangible. We don't know if the old thread lost interest or that people just didn't have the time anymore. For whatever reason, we understand so we're no longer going to push the old agenda.

This time however we plan to take a more serious approach to it, in a manner of speaking. So for those who want to join there are a few pointers you should know:

• Please devote some time to this project as we plan for this to go on regularly for a long time. We plan for the crew members to undergo character development as we dive into our RPs.
  • The RPs will always be kept strictly "kid-friendly". Though our group will be pirates, it doesn't mean we have to be bad pirates now right? Unless of course some of you plan to do private RPs and place them in the Private RP or 18+ sections.
  • The group will be traveling around Equestria in their Airship to keep things diverse and interesting. We also encourage everyone to use their Pirate OCs not only in our pirate threads but also on other RPs so that other members of the community may take notice. This way our little project will get noticed and more would be interested to join our crew.

Now that's out of the way here are the current ship positions available (Note - To the old members of the Pirate thread if you are still interested in joining, please go ahead and apply here):

1. Captain - GangPlank (QuickLime)

2. First Mate - Grandya Silentalon (Xiee)

3. Sergent-at-hoof - Martel Van Starkhuf (Bannhammer)

4. Ship's Doctor - Medical Medley (QuickLime)

5. Chief Engineer - AVAILABLE

6. Navigator/Pilot - Kaskazini Nyota (Sturmmann)

7. Head Cook - Gravy Growler (Corsair)

8. Crew Members (We can have more than one) - Starless Shroud (Phil The Time Wizard)

Pending apps (those who expressed to join the crew):

1. Chief Engineer - Geary Twist (ShadowStorm88)

2. Chief Engineer - Peggy Tinkerer (AsthmaticPegasus)

3. Medic Assistant - Herbal Cure (ThunderBrony)

4. Chief Engineer - Gear Shift (TotalEclipse)

If you want to join please reply to this thread and throw us your idea for a Pirate OC application before you start to create your actual application. I think Quicklime wants to have a look at them, not to dictate what you need to do, but to just give you advice and/or suggestions on how to make it more attuned to our pirate theme.

I really hope that this project would materialize and finally "lift off".

Finally, please note that there may be ongoing changes as we include more ideas and suggestions from everyone willing to join. :blah:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a few OCs who would fit well so i can devote any of them to the ship and if there are no more takers can devote more than one.

Well for now we have to limit that. Please just choose one of your OCs that you'd like to be in the crew. We wanna give a chance for others to join. Please include a link of your app, or write down an idea for an app so that it can be reviewed. However, if we somehow can't find members to complete the crew then you could include more of your OCs.

Pirates are cool. ;)

I don't have any characters who would really work for this at the moment, but I'd be happy to make one (I've really been wanting to make another OC soon anyway).

I'm thinking a recently recruited regular crew pony with a somewhat shady, demeanor and past. Something like that.

Also Xiee you called GangPlank a she, and ALSO The FreeWing was MADE by GangPlank and was stolen from the Royal guards...^^

Lol yeah can you post that story here so I can update the post above? Also, can you link medical's app? Tried searching for it but can't seem to find it anywhere. Also PM.

I believe Quicklime is the exception here. Not that I'm playing favorites but it was something that we did a while back. We could probably have a medic and an assistant. How does that sound?

to note i have a colt oc who pros be a good cabin colt and he has skills in negotiating although he does not know it

Link please? You better decide quickly what you really want to be in the crew. I'm getting a few PMs of others who wish to join for lots of positions.

I am submitting my character Peggy Tinkerer as Chief Engineer. She hasn't been accepted yet, but I'd like to just put her forward

It's looking good, a bit long but good. There's another person who PMed me in chat interested in the engineer position but he hasn't made an app yet.

Why hello there. Was just shooting the breeze with Xiee over IRC when I learned aboot this. I'm thinking of dropping in as a Pilot/Navigator, perhaps as a zebra character as I've wanted to make one for a long time.

I don't have an app ready or in the wings for this, but if the idea tickles your fancy I can probably whip up a mockup for the thread, or even make the app.

Why hello there. Was just shooting the breeze with Xiee over IRC when I learned aboot this. I'm thinking of dropping in as a Pilot/Navigator, perhaps as a zebra character as I've wanted to make one for a long time.

I don't have an app ready or in the wings for this, but if the idea tickles your fancy I can probably whip up a mockup for the thread, or even make the app.

Just throw us your idea of a zebra app before you make it so it won't be a hassle for you much. If everything is fine then go ahead and make the app once QL and I have a run over it.

Also I've updated the first post including those who wished to take the positions in the crew.