The Pony Pirates Project REVAMP

Oh, you wanted us to tie our OCs personally with the crew? I geared my app towards making my character an excellent airship engineer thinking that her involvement would be somewhere along the lines of getting hired by the crew and acclimating to the crew and their personalities, acting as sort of a newbie while being an expert at what she does. I'm currently in the process of adjusting it at the request of a mod, so I could still put in some sort of tie in.

Might want to wait to add anything untill we see a sample and decide if you are in or not yet o_o

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry QuickLime I was gone for a few days with paper work for University.

Herbal Cure was just double checking his faunas and flowers he used to make the ointments for any illness the crew had managed to catch, after spending a few more moments the stallion walked over and checked to make sure his grinder and bowl were still in good shape before a yell punctured the air, causing Herbal to drop the bowl he was levitating before him to shatter on the ground which caused him to jump and yell.

A quick roar of an explosion caused Herbal Cure to scream and notice crew members moaning in pain, as fast as he could Herbal scampered off the ground and out through the door looking around through the heavy smoke and dust filling the air. "IS ANYONE OUT THERE?!" Herbal Cure screamed out to the crew trying to find the others, upon noticing something warm reach his hooves, he slowly craned his neck downward seeing a pony grab onto his leg mouthing help me. Herbal jumped into action, levitating the injured pony into his small office on the clinic, softly setting the pony down, grinding up a select few herbs and scraping the mixture onto a wound before wrapping it tightly noticing the pain in the crew members eyes Herbal stopped for a moment "It will be fine the pain will pass quickly I need to go help the others now" Herbal Cure said reassuringly to the injured stallion before running off in search of the others.

Noticing an uninjured member "HEY HELP ME FIND THE OTHERS!" Herbal Cure yelled out running towards the crew member together they travelled down towards the engine room where the explosion seemed to resonate from, He was praying and hoping with all his might that everyone would be fine espicially the engineer who he had created a friendship with since pony treated the ship with care like he treated his patients.

One question. Does the app have to be made specifically for the Freewing Pirates or can anypony within reason join?

My OC isn't tied down to anyone position and her goal actually involves travelling around. If you aren't up to taking on unknown ponies, no problem since what she actually did after she got her business set up and she left there's a big blank and can easily be edited to have her meet up with the crew sometime afterwards.

GearShift - Chief Engineer

GearShift had gotten word from the ponies of the port town that an airship was dry docked for engine repairs earlier today. The unicorn mare squeed joyfully to herself, she'd read much about fantastic flying transports in books she rented while residing in Ponyville. The mare proceeded towards the docks where the ship was said to be awaiting inspection; she could barely keep a straight face as she attempted to control the furious red blush of arousal painted on her face.

"Oh, I can't wait to lay eyes on this masterpiece, steam and magic powered generator's, valves of all sorts, solenoid, pneumatic, hydraulic...oh so many ways of harnessing the forces of potential and kinetic energy through fluid compression." She swooned over the idea as calculations of how such a ship could remain a drift in the air.So much to account for.

She had been so caught up in her mental ravings that she failed to realize she had not only found the ship but teleported on-board and navigated herself to the engine room. She had left her tool cart outside of the ship out of habit, the last time she teleported with it they ended up of opposite sides of the town.

"Hmm..." she said as she rubbed her chin with a hoof. "Looks like I've let my passion unwillingly trick me into trespassing, I'm surprised no one stopped me though." The ship was strangely deserted, but she when she thought about it it made sense. The ship was dry docked, meaning registered; it was damaged, meaning not in any shape to fly currently; She just lucked out, most the crew was probably enjoying shore leave somewhere in town. "Well since im here, lets see what her problem is....shall we?" GearShift gave the ships many generators, pipes, motors, and converters a bow as she began using her telekinesis to remove several bolts that held their face plates on.

A young greenish colored unicorn stallion trotted past the threshold of the engine room and took a fleeting look in and continued past without a care in the world.

"How thoughtful, a complete stranger is fiddling with the engine of my air ship......huh?" He stopped in his tracks once the thought fully registered in his head. He quickly backpedaled to the door of the engine room so that he could take a look, and sure enough some strange mare was in fact practically crawling into his ships engines. He ran in as quick as he could to confront the trespasser.

"Hey."

"These O-rings are completely trashed, ozone cracking....what a hoof to the face." she said as she telekinetically flung the elastomer discs over her back and teleport away in a dull flash and returned shortly with a set of replacements.

"What?" He said momentarily confused. "Doesn't matter, how'd you get on my ship?"

"Look at this! The pressure damage on these hydraulic pistons is crazy, who's the amateur who hasn't been unlocking them so the the natural fluid pressure would return them to neutral positioning."

Using her magic she she released all the locks on the hydraulics then carefully removed all the pistons. She drained the fluid from all the pumps once that was done she disassembled the pumps began to heat the area around the cracks on the pistons, they began to drip molten metal, all of which was caught. GearShift applied pressure to each pistol to seal the cracks, satisfied with the results she flash cooled metal pieces.

"There, good as new." She said as she began reassembling and replacing the hydraulic system.

"WHO THE HAY ARE YOU?!"

GearShift pulled her head out out the engine compartment and stared at the stallion for a moment, her mind was still ablaze with possible modifications and memorized blueprints. Finally the situation her body was in caught up with her mind.

"Um, I take it you're this ships captain..."

"Yep that's what I said."

"And I take it that 'Im somewhere i shouldn't be." she said playing the foal.

"Yep." the stallion nodded.

"This isn't what it...looks like?'" GearShift deadpanned.

The young captian's face instantly migrated into his hoof.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy.

Though considering that GangPlank helped MAKE The Free Wings he'd probably be pleased as Punch to have another pony on it that loves it's design work as much as he does XD

Engineer's are usually kindred souls and she has problems with meeting ponies because of her tech talk.

I can probably brainstorm some kinda tie into GearShifts bio, shouldn't be to hard. Though that is if it's absolutely necessary, it's kinda out of my comfort zone to write history with OCs im not to familiar with.

Beside's you never stop gaining new friends and family members.

The fact that he helped make it supports that he could've been maintaining it himself up until he meets a dedicated engineer (unless an engineer that he already knows comes along).

Hey QL, I sketched up real quick a ship design out of the blue. It might work as a possible Freewing design, if you don't have one planned out already. If you'd like to see it, I can post the unfinished sketch.

I can probably brainstorm some kinda tie into GearShifts bio, shouldn't be to hard. Though that is if it's absolutely necessary, it's kinda out of my comfort zone to write history with OCs im not to familiar with.

I kind of understand where you're coming from. Having to modify a character you've created to be unique to fit into a group sounded alien to me at first. That's why I created an app specifically for exclusive use in the Pirate RP. All of us here have written our apps specifically tied to the pirate group. Like how Grandya was saved by the crew when she was injured, or how GangPlank rescued our Diamond Dog cook from the Stalliongrad wilds.

Maybe writing an app just for this project would set you at ease for not having to edit your existing apps. Just a suggestion you might want to consider.

Updated the first page pending list. We have 3 people fighting for the chief engineer position. QL and I are gonna talk who gets the role soon.