Runner [Final]

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Runner

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Brown

Coat Color: Tan

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Light brown mane that comes up in a flip over his head. His tail is also light brown, and it makes somewhat of a hook shape.

Physique: Runner is a tall, muscular pony. He is very lean, and fast.

Cutie Mark: His cutie mark is the international symbol for parkour/ free running

Origin/Residence: Manehatten

Occupation: He runs messages from pony to pony. He also works as a volunteer firefighter on the side.

Motivation: He hopes to be the greatest free running pony in all of Equestria

Likes: His sister, along with just about anypony he meets. Kindness, respect, intelligence.

Dislikes: Arrogance, cruelty, unnecessary violence.

Character Summary: Runner was born in Manehatten to a middle class family. His father was a successful construction worker. His mother sold clothes from her shop below his house. As a foal, he loved to play outside, and could almost always be found there.

He eventually became involved in a growing sport called parkour. The sport was exactly what Runner had always dreamed of. It clicked with him, and he began practicing. He practiced daily, and his friends joined him fairly often, however it was mostly only him. He worked his way through the beginning techniques, such as vaults, climbing walls, and balance. As he did this, his aesthetics became more and more advanced. He began attempting more dangerous tricks, from backflips to building jumps. One day he was practicing, when he heard several ponies cry out about a fire. He was on the roof of a building three blocks down from the fire. He rushed towards the building as fast as he could, staying on the roves the entire time until he finally reached the building. He wasted no time entering the building to save anyone inside. Everypony else was afraid to enter, due to the fact that it was unstable, and difficult to reach the entrance. The door was blocked and the only way in was the window that Runner had jumped through. Runner scoured the building searching for anypony who may have been left inside. He found two foals crying in a corner. They were just barely small enough to fit in his messenger pack. He tried to leave but noticed the 20 hoof gap from where he was to the staircase that would lead him out of the building safely. It was the moment of truth, what he had been waiting for. He sprinted forward with as much care not to injure the foals in his pack. He jumped, running on the wall longer than he had ever done before. Just when he thought he wasn’t going to make it, he reached out and grabbed the ledge with his hooves. He pulled himself up and rushed out of the building where the mother of the foals had been waiting. He was just in time, behind him he saw the building collapse, he had gotten the last two ponies alive out of the building safely. He turned around to see that his cutie mark had appeared on his flank. It was the international symbol for parkour, which he had studied greatly. The four glyphs represented the four seasons of parkour. He was more proud than he had ever been.

Runner has a few notable flaws. He is overly trusting, so he often gets himself into troublesome situations with other ponies. He is unable to grasp the concept of saving money, so he often spends far too much on things. He is very open about things and often gives away his own personal secrets that would have been better left hidden.

Runner is a very laid-back type of pony. He likes to take it slow and keep the peace. However, he is also very intelligent, and is always dependable in times of need. He is very capable of analyzing a situation and then adapting to fit whatever he is required to do. He is kind, and caring, and prefers to show it his kindness to everypony he meets. All around he has a kind aura that surrounds him wherever he goes.

Below is a picture of the international symbol for parkour and a picture of Runner himself.

post-3422-0-08768500-1337495135_thumb.jp

post-3422-0-80211600-1337719648_thumb.jp

I would prefer it if Runner could hold on to the knives, they are sort of his preference in case of self-defense. (Despite the fact they may never require use) It just makes sense, however, to explain where they come from if I RP in a thread that has violence. Also, like Crescent said, his OC has a sword, and trains with it often. Also, I never mentioned any particular violence done with the knives. On top of that, I mentioned that they are mostly only used as tools around the apartment. I personally do not see a reason why they aren't acceptable.

There may not be violence in the mane RP, but I view the application as a method to get to know someone else's character. Therefore, if I am roleplaying in the 18+ threads, where violence is allowed, it comes in handy for someone to be able to view my application and understand why my character has the knives. It certainly beats explaining it in every single thread I'm in. Besides, i will never use them for violence in the mane RP, however, I am still capable of using them as tools, such as opening certain hard-to-open items, or perhaps he'll try to use them to pick a lock. Either way, the knives don't have to be there for violence. Even if my application does say he can defend himself with ease, it says "can" as opposed to "goes around starting fights with them". That would be horrible. I would still prefer it if they stayed.

The 18+ sections are part of free roleplay, not mane RP. Therefore although you are allowed to use the character there, the application you are submitting needs to follow mane RP standards. I'm sorry, but the knives do not add to the core concept behind this character and therefore need to be taken out of this application.