I need help baking a cake

Dash91

First you take some flour, add it to the mix! Then you take a little...oh I give up.

Get some white cake mix, and make it according to package directions. From this point you can rainbow-tize it several ways:

1. Divide it into different bowls and color them with food coloring, then gently streak them together in a greased cake pan.

2. Stir in rainbow sprinkles and add enough blue so you end up with a Dashie colored cake with rainbow speckles.

Bake those up. Get some vanilla icing and divide it up -- you'll need red, yellow, and blue. A good trick is to frost up the cake then freeze it, so you have a nice, solid "palette" to add the cutie mark to. You'll also need a few cans of frosting. Add the yellow, blue, and red icing to ziplock baggies, snip off the end, then print out Dashie's cutie mark to use as a guide and pipe the frosting on to the cake. I think it should work pretty well!

Let us know how it turns out!

Oh, that's even better! Bake that cake from scratch, it's a dying and seldom respected art!

If you're feeling adventurous, you might try making your own fondant, rolling it out to cover a lightly-frosted and chilled cake, smoothing it over lightly with the blunt edge of a plastic bowl scraper, then making the cutie mark out of the leftover fondant by coloring it in batches like my frosting suggestion. You might even print out the cutie mark to the size you want, cover it in plastic wrap, and measure your fondant shape/cuts with that to get an accurate-looking cutie mark.

This does take practice and can be frustrating, so take your time if you try this method. The end result can look incredible though!