Silver Anvil

Kalpira

[ Pony Related Character ]

Name: Silver Anvil

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: Dark brown and cream hooves

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Both are cream. His tail is somewhat curly and is mane is very long and straight

Eye Color: Gray

Cutie Mark: An anvil with a hammer over it

Physique: Slim and slightly fragile, even for a blacksmith

Residence: Canterlot

Motivation: The knights that need their armours ready and clean, because their defense is the most important thing. Without him, an army an collapse in a battle simply because they are not properly armored. So he puts his heart into his job.

Likes: Metal, fire, crafting pieces, working with his anvil, knights, battles and nice ponies that come and pay him a visit

Dislikes: Cold, wood, fish, evil-minded ponies, rain, knights with damaged armors

Character Summary:

Anvil was born in Canterlot, growing surrounded by medieval defenses, strategies coming from the knights, and gossips about battles and the need for a better defense. His father, who was a blacksmith as well, didn't really feel the need to improve his working way in order to increase the knights' defenses, either in training sessions or in actual battles. Young Anvil kept on learning how to work with anvils and metal, always fascinated about what that material could be turned into with such easiness. It was a tough job, but he didn't get tired of watching his father crafting armors, helmets, horse shoes, and much more.

But the idea that the knights needed more protection didn't leave the young foal's head at the time. He spent his free time either with his dad, or heading to the training fields to watch the knights. They were just amazing, but he had to help them with getting more protection from their armours. Finding his father's workspace empty, he worked hard on an armour for a noble knight that would ask for it the next day, and it seemed to be better than ever. In the duel of that day, the knight came out victorious with a shiny armour. From that day on, Anvil helped his father with the armours and all the other metallic items for Canterlot, being well-known around for his skills.

Anvil is a very sweet and generous colt, that loves to help others and make friends. Deep inside his heart, he hopes to be the assistant of a brave knight or be a knight himself. However, he knows that's a far away dream that he can't reach in a close future, since his father is now too old to work.

Anvil.png

Sorry to do this to you, but we don't have ghosts or spirit ponies in the RP. The character seems really thought out, and this is a good application...but it won't work here. However, you can still use this character in the crossover section, where pretty much anything goes. Characters for the Crossovers also don't need approval.

I think that you can work with this; but it will require some change. MLPT is right in that we don't have 'ghosts' or 'spirits' in the RP, but that doesn't mean you can't have a character who identifies with them.

The major problem is that your character makes spirits and ghosts fact instead of a unknown quirk about your character. If you changed your character's bio and experiences from did/does/can communicate with the dead to thinks, attempts, tries, and believes he can communicate with the dead, then thats different, and possibly workable. Everything would have to be up to speculation however- pretty much meaning your character believes these things, but nopony knows if its actually true or happens.

A character like that would look like they were holding conversations with themselves, and would likely be a little ostracized by other ponies, who think that they might be a bit crazy.

Under those circumstances your OC is no longer 'talking to spirits/ghosts' for certain, but just has a quirk that they believe they can. Maybe events turn out to make it seem like he can, but like Twilight trying to find the science behind Pinkie Pie's twitching- it can never be proven. Then, anypony that meets your OC can choose to believe or not, and the entire RP isn't forced to accept the reality that there ARE ghosts/spirits, which would not jive with the overall RP.

This is a possible solution that I would shoot for- having a spooky/kooky character could be very fun- it reminds me of Zecora a bit but a little more on the creepy/spooky side.

Of course- Ashi or Tam would need to take a look at this to make sure even this suggestion would work for the RP.

Well yes, I thought about that as well, Mane. Actually that "crazy pony" idea went through my mind as an option to this bio, so I might redo this character. I had several ideas for him, so it won't be hard to change him x3

Well yes, I thought about that as well, Mane. Actually that "crazy pony" idea went through my mind as an option to this bio, so I might redo this character. I had several ideas for him, so it won't be hard to change him x3

I'm excited to see what you come up with :3

Oh and BTW everypony... Tomorrow I'm gonna leave for 4 days and won't have Internet access, so I won't be able to post at all. Didna want to rush y'all, but just wanted to know if I can go on vacation planning more about Anvil or if I can already start sketching him on my free time there ^^ (I'm going to the country xP)

Oh and BTW everypony... Tomorrow I'm gonna leave for 4 days and won't have Internet access, so I won't be able to post at all. Didna want to rush y'all, but just wanted to know if I can go on vacation planning more about Anvil or if I can already start sketching him on my free time there ^^ (I'm going to the country xP)

Oh, go ahead and sketch him and plan more all you like. :)