[Canterlot] Pony Joe's Donut Shop [CLOSED]

Candy blinked and wiped goo out of her eyes, then inspected her wings "I'm afraid I'll have to stay in any case untill I can clean my wings. Look at them, all stuck together!'

Her wings flopped uselessly for a moment, then she sighed and gave a hopeful smile as she reached for the foal.

"In any case that little foal needs an extra hoof in watching her. Sure, I'll do it."

She hmmed and thought for a moment and turned to ask "I cant figure out how she got up there so easily without wings though, It's like she's closely related to a pegasus or something. Are both her parents unicorns too? Maybe they can explain."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pumpkin giggled as she was passed off to the kind pegasus, Candy. She was an extremely sticky foal, her normal wheat-colored coat slathered in a sloppy mosaic of frosting, sprinkles, nuts, jam, chocolate chips, and an overabundance of thick yellow custard. She booped the pegasus on her nose with a little hoof as a sign of "Hello!", leaving an imprint of strawberry jelly on Candy's muzzle.

Heeheehee!

The sweetness lasted a few more moments. Pumpkin decided the rest of the Doughnut Shop looked much more interesting to explore, and she squirmed around in Candy's grasp, trying to free herself.

Hhhnnnn! The unicorn baby gritted her little teeth, struggling to escape from the freshly volunteered foalsitter. Candy was in for a good time!

Joe picked up a trash bag and threw out all of the doughnuts that had been left on the floor. He swept the sprinkles and broken dishes up, the mopped the floor down gingerly. He cleaned and polished the glass until it was ready to go, then sorted some donuts into the box for the Cakes. The next thing to clean was Pumpkin Cake. This was going to be a hassle.

Joe filled the sink with warm, soapy water, and lifted Pumpkin Cake into it. She squirmed and fretted, but soon found herself liking the warm water. Joe breathed a sigh of relief as she stopped struggling. He then took a damp cloth into his hooves and scrubbed the foal down until she looked brand new.

With that, he placed the little foal into a basket and put the donuts at her side. He handed the basket to Little Runner and whispered "Goodbye, little one!"

The last thing he did was switch the sign back to ON. He couldn't wait to see some customers arrive!

Working at a feverish pace, Professor Krashkop mopped the floor of the dining room and flew over tables to clean them with rags and sponges attached to all four hooves.

"Vone need not vork harder, but vork SMARTER!" the green Pegasus neighed as he worked. Soon the dining room was spotless again, just as Joe 'reopened' the donut shoppe for business. The white maned older stallion kept a close eye on the doorway leading to the kitchen. He understood how the magical surges of a unicorn foal like Pumpkin Cake made her very difficult to control. Having cleaned up the shoppe, the Professor returned to the storeroom.

"Und how is dee little foal doing now?" he asked.

"She's about ready to be delivered back home to her loving family!" Joe replied, showing Professor Krashkop the basket Pumpkin Cake was in. The small foal squirmed and giggled, before finally falling fast asleep. "Say Proffessor, did you ever get those donuts you ordered?"

Candy Catch-em had eeped as the foal started squirming in her hold, trying to get away. "Oh my! Little Pumpkin is stronger than she looks!"

She had to put her sticky wings forward and winghug the foal to help. "Shhh, shhhh, we're going to get you home, sweetie..."

Much to her relief, Pony Joe scooped her up and went to get the foal washed up.

The sticky mare set her saddlebags by the door and went out into the rain, which was coming down at a good rate, letting her wash off the worst of the stickyness.

By the time she was done, the "open" sign was back on and flashing merrily.

She squeezed the water out of her mane, tail, and wings and wrapped them in towels from her saddlebags at the door and trotted back in.

Candy looked at the foal starting to doze off in a basket and sighed "I'm mostly clean, if a bit damp. We had better keep an eye on her until we go. I dont think she will go as easily as all that.." She suddenly stopped at a thought. "Um, you said she's from Ponyville, right? As small as she is, I'd have to say she was still in her mother when Discord happened..."

She hoped that her sudden and very effective bursts of activity didnt mean she had Pinkie Pie levels of silliness in her...

Candy looked at the foal again, hoping she would stay in the basket until she was home.

Pumpkin was shocked! Her sticky sugar massacre was short-lived, and she bawked at Joe's cold efficiency of setting his shop in order with post haste. She squirmed as he gave her a bath. A bath! The tenacity of such a thing was neigh unthinkable! She crossed her arms as Joe set her in a basket, her frown sour enough to make a lemon pucker. This needed retribution!

Pumpkin shook dampness out of her mane from the impromptu bath, inspecting the basket that Joe plopped her in. It was very nice of him to put her in such a nice comfy basket. Filled with doughnuts. She rolled her eyes at the stallion; he clearly had never raised children. Pumpkin picked up a fat pink-frosted doughnut, tossed it up and down in her little hoove while she judged her throwing distance, and lobbed it with strikingly good aim straight at Pony Joe's face. SPLAT! Pumpkin's frown lightened into a grin. She giggled, selecting a jelly-filled triple-custard cream doughnut. It was carefully frosted and must have taken hours to make. She unceremoniously tossed that at Pony Joe too, sticking her little tongue at him.

The little unicorn foal rocked the basket back and forth, aiming to spill herself out of it. No more baths for her! The basket tipped over, and the rest of the doughnuts spilled out, creating another lovely mess. She scrambled across the checkered tile, looking for any route of escape. Her blue eyes narrowed on the old green pegasus, Professor Krashkop! He'd do the trick! Pumpkin jumped on his back, grabbing hold of his grey mane. She tapped his sides with her little hooves, urging him to giddy up!

Tinybanner.jpg

Tiny was feeling a little peckish after a hard day at work at the Jewelry store and required something sweet and delicious to take the edge off of a rather long day, entering the freshly cleaned shop he smiled sheepishly at Pony Joe " Good Day Sir" He said politely. His father came in here frequently and always raved about Joe's wonderful doughnuts and well today Tiny wanted to find out for himself just how great they were!

"I hope I haven't come at a bad time?" Seeing the little foal throw doughnuts at poor Pony Joe..and in general be a little bit of a brat, but he had just the thing for that! Walking over to Pumpkin he smiled wiggling his back "Do you want a ponyride sweetie? Is that what you want?"

He could keep her distracted since it seemed another mess was inevitable..

Pony Joe was happy to get back to work again. It truly was the thing he loved. But suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, a donut came flying at him.

First was the pink frosted, a downright sticky mess. It splattered into his face, leaving a streak of hot pink sugar as it fell to the floor. Joe sighed, knowing the game was starting once again. Who could he call to figure this one out?

The next donut was his very special creation he had put in there for Mr. Cake individually, his Hand Crafted Jelly-Filled Triple-Custard Cream Donut, the shop's specialty. As he saw it flying towards him, he felt miserable for the wasted hours it had taken him. He dodged, and it crashed into the wall at an intense speed.

Next he saw the foal rock her way out of the basket, donuts spilling onto the floor. With wicked speed, Pumpkin Cake clattered across the floor and onto Professor Krashkop's back. Little Runner and Candy sprinted to try and recover the foal, but she was high energy and dexterity.

Tiny, the son of a big-time customer, walked through the door. Joe's heart sank.

"Good day, Sir." Tiny said, cheerfully.

"Good day to YOU." Joe said, his voice cracking with nerves.

"I hope I haven't come at a bad time?" Tiny neighed, walking over to Pumpkin Cake.

"Oh no- it's not- don't bother with that one, she's quite a hassel! We're trying to get her back to her parents, and, well, our last attempt wasn't too successful,"

Tiny seemed not to hear him, or downright ignored his words of warning. He began to wiggle his back.

"Do you want a ponyride sweetie? Is that what you want?"

Joe couldn't stand to watch...

Edited by SonicRainboomGirl

At first, Professor Krashkop had laughed when Pumpkin Cake threw and splattered donuts on Pony Joe. Then the laughing stopped when the unicorn foal somehow got up on his green coated back and started 'kicking' his sides to giddy up. Out of sheer equine instinct, Professor Krashkop neighed and began to trot around the dining area of the donut shop.

"Hay! Vhat do you tink yur doing, young foal?" the white maned Pegasus asked in a surprised (but not an angry) fashion. Seeing how Pumpkin Cake seemed to be enjoying herself, the Professor smiled and continued trotting in a circle for her. "So DIS is vhat you like! Vonderba! Und to answer your question, Joe, I haven't received mein donuts but dat can vait. Vee have to take good care of dis foal first!"

(OOC; there seems to be some confusion as to which pony the foal is on. I'll go with her being on Professor Krashkop until Rosewind says she goes to Tiny.)

Candy shook her head as Pumpkin Cake made her move, and a new mess "Oh dear! I was afraid of that. Pumpkin, you naughty little foal!"

The mare blinked as when she went to grab her, the foal jumped on the professor and he started trotting on reflex, like she had somehow lifted herself with her horn power. Now she was sure of it, Discord may have had some interesting effects on the unborn of Ponyville.

She went over to pony Joe and helped him clean himself off "Oh dear. is this anything heard of for unicorn foals, Joe?"

((Yup -- Pumpkin is on the Professor!))

Pumpkin was feeling rather bratty after the bath ordeal, so she politely refused Tiny's offer for a ride with a nice, wet raspberry. The Professor was much more interesting to the baby unicorn, anyway. He smelled like strange chemicals and frosting -- probably the latter due to her messy entry into the doughnut shop. Plus he talked funny!

Weeeee! She giggled as the Professor humored her as her new mount. She happily stuffed her little hoof in her mouth, suckling on it with relish as the Professor trotted around the shop. She waved cutely to Candy, her two-second foalsitter. This doughnut shop was much more interesting than Sugarcube Corner -- when she wasn't given forced and sudden baths. Her bright blue eyes narrowed on the green unicorn, Tiny. He seemed to be the only one to really escape getting frosted since he came into the shop so late. Pumpkin felt sourly disappointed, but as her attention span was very short, it did not last long. She clung to the Professor's mane with one hoof, her other hoof stuffed deep in her mouth. Drool ran down her arm as she sucked with gusto, her little orange ducktail mane bobbing up and down with the Professor's trots.

"Professor, please!" Pony Joe sighed exasporatedly, running out from behind his counter. He couldn't believe one little foal could cause his shop to go through such disorder and disarray. If there was one thing Joe didn't like, it was a mess. He also didn't like confrontation, and wasn't sure what to do with the little foal or what to tell the customers.

And how embarrassing this was, with Tiny standing right there! He could be judging Joe for such disorder! His father did come here all the time, sure enough.

Candy and Proffessor Krashkop would not have to pay for their food today, that was certain. They had helped him clean up AND take care of a very excited little foal. Joe began to wonder how they would get Pumpkin Cake home, and if Little Runner was fit for the job. He might have to take her home himself. That would close the shop down for a bit, but she was quite a hassel!

(I will move the story along like a brave hero! :20: )

Joe decided that it was time to get organized (because organized attack was the most effective method of attack in the world). Joe was a firm believer in the pen being mightier with the sword, and with that pen he wrote Candy and the Professor's reciepts.

Joe had made no money that day, and had lost a lot of money as well. His rent was due on his store soon, and he luckily lived in the back room. He would only have to pay one mortgage, but what about the cost of lost groceries and supplies? Joe took a seat behind the counter and pulled up his calculator as he watched the fiasco continue in his store. He watched the professor take Pumpkin Cake on a ride like he was, well, a pony. It filled him with embarrassment to see his store in such chaos. A part of him wondered if Discord was back in town.

Now THAT had been a terrible day for the store. With the chocolate milk rain, nobody wanted to come in for sweets anymore! Joe had even considered closing down shop if he couldn't get customers in. It would break his heart, but he would rather get a different job than go broke. After all, he lived in Canterlot, and everything in Canterlot was very expensive.

Joe was thankful for his great computing skills. He could count it all up in his head, if he wanted. But he decided to type all of his calculations into a calculator to be sure of himself. Candy had had a dozen assorted donuts and a hot chocolate. That right there was 7 bits that she would not have to pay. Plus a refill, free, which was 1 more bit lost. He wrote her check for 7 bits and then crossed it out, writing a small message claiming that her service was free.

He pulled a new sheet of paper from the pad for the Professor. He already knew that this would become tedious and saddening. How was he gonna pay last years rent? (OH YEAH. I WENT THERE! :lol:) The Professor had ordered one plain, two chocolate eclairs, three crulliers, two creme filled, and one large coffee. That was eight donuts, a half dozen plus two. That was five bits for the donuts and one for the coffee. 6 bits total. He sighed as he finished the Professor's reciept as well.

Joe ripped a new peice of paper from his pad, counting fifteen bits lost total so far. He realised with annoyance and pain that he did not want to count up the mess Pumpkin Cake had made. He'd rather not know.

It was time to call in an expert, Joe knew he could not do this alone. Heck, he knew nothing about taking care of foals, especially ones THIS high maintenance! If her parents could not come get the foal, then it would have to be somebody who had previously watched over her. But who?

Joe groaned in annoyance and stepped out from behind the counter. He looked around briefly, and then whistled, hoping it would get the attention of everypony in the store.

Tinybanner.jpg

Tiny was slowly realizing the financial strain the other was taking due to the mess and he felt a personal sense of responsibility for Pony Joe, his father RAVED about the others doughnuts regularly and Tiny knew they would be a great treat to offer to his customers, and if they liked the doughnut they'd want to know where to get them, and if they knew where to get them they'd come to Pony Joe.."

"Joe can I have 6 dozen doughnuts please? The most expensive ones you'v got? And your best coffee! See um my customers well they get peckish during their sessions and I figured something sweet would boost their energy, and well nothings sweeter than your doughnuts.. so ... maybe if they eat one of your doughnuts they'll want more! Everyone should experience the taste of your baked goods.."Ti

Tiny was a little flustered he normally didn't talk this much "Besides it would be a shame if this viasco made you lose money you are the best baker in all of Canterlot.."

Professor Krashkop continued his 'pony ride' for Pumpkin Cake. She seemed to like it and more importantly, it was keeping her calm. The lime green Pegasus stallion realized that he had to keep the energetic foal indoors, otherwise with her random magic surges, she could end up anywhere in Canterlot. This is why the Professor trotted in a circle throughout the diner room.

"I hope you are still liking dee ride, fraulein! I tink I vill sing you mein favorite song vhen I vas much younger."

The white maned stallion began to sing, in tune and very lively:

"Oh du lieber Augustin, Augustin, Augustin! Oh du lieber Augustin, Augustin, Augustin!"

He repeated singing the refrain as he continued his trotting.