[Chapter 3 - No Land's End] Turning Tides and Mending Hearts

CrescentBlaze

Crescent remained at the ready as the soldiers began to take formation behind him. His thoughts never wavering from the task before him. He broke concentration for but a moment to address Admirals Redwing and Diamond Eyes as they took position at the front lines next to Crescent.

"What are you talking about Diamond Eyes? We need to stay as close to the mountain slopes as possible to avoid detection until we are upon them. A frontal assault in suicide, if we hit them from below we may have a chance."

"I think you are overestimatin our opposition Redwing. If we hit them hard and fast enough we can break their ranks."

"Both of you be quiet! Redwing's plan is more sound and I agree it is the best plan of action. you've been outvoted Diamond eyes. Now if you two dont mind why dont you go find your places at the rear of the pack where you can give orders and stay alive, and most importantly leave me to focus.

They both took off for the center of the formation, one looking smug the other most sour. Crescent looked about one last time before fully devoting himself to his purpose once more. Where was Dunder at? He had said he would be joining him on the front but Crescent couldnt see him...He tried his best to not let it bother him.

Longclaw, Strongclaw, and Quickclaw howled over the corpse of the forth pack leader, Ninelives.

The evidence suggested that his entire pack was slaughtered by dragons. Nearly every body had either giant gashes that must have killed the wolves instantly or were covered with burn marks. Ninelives had both and was missing half his muzzle, but still managed to kill a dragon and survive long enough for the other packs to converge on his location.

Wilden was conflicted over Ninelives' death. On one hand, it was the same wolf that took Wilden's eye years ago, and it was one fight avoided. On the other hand it was almost a third of Wilden's new army, over four hundred wolves. In the end, Wilden aided the other pack leaders in burying Ninelives, howled in mourning, and hunted in his honor.

((Crescent, this next paragraph would require some looking over with you first, as it involves the wolves attacking Manehattan and heading to Fillydelphia))

Later in the evening, Wolves of every color and age reached the barrier of Whitetail wood; from the gigantic Strongclaw to the youngest pup, every wolf in Whitetail Wood was at the line between trees and grasslands. The plan was simple, the three pack leaders would lead a charge along the Galloping River to Manehattan, and from there charge to Fillydelphia. They were not going to capture either city, but in vengeance the Manehattan ponies would be slaughtered. Fillydelphia would simply lose anyone stupid enough to fight an army of wolves.

Wilden was not with them, however. He was running as fast as he could to the Everfree forest after a few reports of a pony with dragon wings flying in that direction. The pack leaders wanted Manehattan destroyed, but Wilden refused to be there for that. His goal was not ending innocent lives for the sake of vengeance.

That didn't stop him, of course, from ripping the throats out of the two (very) young militia ponies that saw him and tried to fight.

((Hmmm...the wolves attacking manehatten is fine...the killing of innocents I dont like but I assume that's point. I figure wolves would be more vicious than the ponies but maybe they can understand not killing the colts, fillies, and foals (as well as their parents unless they're soldiers)? I mean they arent monsters so they must understand basic sympathy right? I can understand high and intentional innocent casualties but slaughtering an entire city of innocents who probably oppose the crown themselves [not everypony has what it takes to be a rebel] isnt going to fly. The Rebels have standards and ponies are already distrusting of wolves; any alliance with wolves would already be strenuous without the knowledge that they are blatant murderers.

EDIT: Also keep distances in mind when deciding how long travelling will take. Fillydelphia is almost 150 miles from Manehatten and while wolves are unarguably going to be faster than ponies it will still take time to cover that distance))

Draco awoke to the campfires smoldering ashes and a presence that was outside of his range of vision maybe he was picking up some of Nexis detections skills, thinking of her he hoped she would wake soon still unsure if the dart was poison or a sleeping agent. he stood and made sure his extended wings could be seen in the light.

"Who is there?" he asked in a manner that showed he was not afraid.

Seeing the creature show off its wings only enraged Wilden more. It had been aware of Wilden's presence for a short time, but luckily for Wilden it didn't have the ability to pinpoint his location.

He steadily grew closer to the monster, until he was only a few yards behind it. Looking around for any accomplices to the murder of Wilden's subjects, he found an unconscious zebra. It had a hostage.

Suddenly filled with rage, Wilden pounced on the animal, crushing its wings with the weight of his forepaws.

"I don't do this often, but with your last words you will tell me why you attacked my people!" He barked at the murderer.

Draco under the wight of the wolf yelled to him.

"I don't know what your talking about i just survived an attack on my own life and have never even seen a wolf! now stop with your lies you have come to finish what those other assassins have started RIGHT?!?!" he struggled trying to free himself.

"You murder my people and dare accuse ME of assassination?" Wilden added as much weight as he could on its wings. "I ought to tear your throat out for that alone." He spat on the killer's face.

Nexi willed herself once again to awaken, but it was a useless attempt. She was awake on the inside, she could think as clearly as if she were awake, but her body would not respond to the simplest of commands. All she could do is listen helplessly to the conversation around her. Draco was being attacked by, if what he said was true, a wolf.

Once again, she attempted to move her body, and once again she failed to even move an eyelash. The poison was extremely effective, she had to admit.

After a final try, she gave up and let her body stay limp, hoping that Draco and the wolf would settle this without blood.

Wilden got off of the pony without a word. It was innocent, the evidence pointed to that. It sounded like it would mercilessly kill anyone that tried to hurt its hosta--friend, it didn't have claws capable of tearing wolves in half, and it never took the chance to burn Wilden's face off.

"I owe you an apology. Your innocence is now alarmingly clear." He was calm, all of the anger vanished from him when he realized that vengeance was now impossible. He looked to the zebra mare. "She must be quite the heavy sleeper to not be awake after that." He chuckled for the first time in ages.

((there are three different stories, mate. Ours is the smallest, and thus has the least importance for now))

Wilden examined the sleeping zebra, looking for any signs to show that she was alive.

Other than her soft breathing, her body stayed stiff, showing no signs of recovery any time soon. He felt like he owed it to the pony to try and help, but the nearest wolf healer was on her way to Manehattan, and Wilden was not as skilled as she.

"We must get to Leafwind, she will be able to heal your friend. After my attack on you, I am obligated to see you to her. She, along with every other wolf I could find, will be attacking Manehattan. We must hurry if we wish to meet them." he had been nervous about telling a stranger of his plans, but it was too late to report to anyone, by the time the pony told someone, Manehattan would be rid of all soldiers.

Dawning shifted and gently kicked her hooves, kicking up small clouds of dust as she fretted in her sleep. As much as she wanted to see her father in her dream, things were wrong. She was clearly not enjoying the dream, she sat in her home, specifically the living room. Everything was thrown about as if somepony had just gone about a looting spree. Glancing around it became apparent the ponies responsible were still present, in face, they were in the next room as a few small pieces of china were flung through the doorway. A few screams sent Dawning's skin tingling in fear.

Out of the same doorway, a small mare... Dawning's sister, followed by her mother dashing into the living room in a haste. Dawn tried to wave, but her hooves seemed glued in place and her voice refused to respond. Only a meek squeaking sound came from her open mouth as soldiers came into the room from both open doors, two blocking the door as another two moved into the room toward the two mares.

The ponies spoke as if they were underwater, the voices hard to make out, only the body language easy to read. And what she was seeing was wrenching at her insides. The soldiers has her Mother and sister in a corner, advancing slowly with they're weapons ready, one of them had his weapon away and appeared to be announcing charges. Dawn went pale as the soldiers moved in and grabbed her sister, who was kicking and screaming and dragged her out, and as her mother was grabbed by another two soldiers, she remained totally limp, staring at her daughter being dragged off.

Dawn wanted to turn away, scream out or anything but she was planted in place. She fell onto her haunches and trembled. This what not her hope for a dream, it was wrong and she wanted out. She tried to call out to her mother, but again, nothing, only a silent peep sound as her mother was dragged past totally non-responsive, the only thing giving a hint that she was responsive were the tears streaming down her face and staining her white coat a slightly darker shade of white. As much as she wanted to escape, nothing worked. As the soldiers left, everything became eerily silent. Only the heaving of Dawns own broken and sorrow filled breaths remained. She lay down and covered her face as she sobbed the rest of the dream away.

• Like 2

((Okay, I'm going to reply to this soon, but I want to vent really quickly. No more one sentence posts, no one wants to wait all day just for a single sentence, forcing the other members of the story to do everything themselves. Draco knows Wilden's entire plan, why is there no questioning about any flaws in that? How about the fact that a wolf pack is normally very small, not an entire army, why not question that? Or maybe just introducing Draco and asking for Wilden's name, that would be a start. If Draco is still suspicious, then why not have him internally wondering what Wilden's reasons are? There are just so many things that can be replied to what Wilden said, yet all that is said is:

Draco picked Nexi up and said simply.

"Lets go."

I understand if you are in a hurry and if other people are asking for anything to get the story going along, but there are three characters in this part of the story, and I control two of them. I am willing to wait.

"Little Hunter." Wilden decided on the young pony's name abruptly. The kid reminded him too much of the Huntress, only shorter and louder.

This is my shortest post in the entire three-thread story. It is three sentences long and gives a tiny bit of backstory on Wilden. This one felt way too small, and I have yet to repeat that type of post. You and Shy have repeated that type of post several times.

I would like to mention that I mean no offense, but between you and Shy, this is getting agrivating

I would also like to note that I don't care how long or short OOC posts are, in response to Kujo's post))