[Ponyville]A Day Around Town[Harv0kz, open]

IceStorm

Ice Storm was fortunate that she had the day off today. Of course being the owner of a shop it was easy for her to give herself a day off when she wanted, but when she did, she knew that it was one less day that she would be able to put a smile on a young fillies face with one of her frozen treats. that was the only thing that made her sad about taking a day off, but sometimes, it was unavoidable. Today she had some things that she had to get around Ponyville to keep everything maintained. Not to mention she would have to go back in later on this evening and finish cleaning up the shop from last night. Well, at least everypony likes the store. I can just barely keep up as it is she thought to herself as she started to head towards the marketplace.

There were a few other ponies about but the shop she needed didn't look like it was open yet. She decided to walk around a bit and see what else that she would be able to find. Even after living in Ponyville for a couple months she still hasn't explored the small town all that much, and she still didn't know most of the lay out. One of these days she would have to visit that library that everypony talked about and see if there were any books there on ice magic and see if she can find ways to make what she's doing easier so that she can keep up with her workflow. She decided to take a seat at one of the benches while she figured out what she wanted to do.

Solven was back in Ponyville for a short while, a break away from his work as a mechanic running a busy and well-known, self-run business. It was tiring work, and the attitudes of Canterlot ponies, along with any other high-class snot really tested his patience and ability to maintain his sanity, let alone decide to keep his business a float, because it was a lot of work for a single pony.

He had just emerged from a building with a cup of hot coffee to go, taking light sips as he walked down the marketplace.I must also make a note to head to a general store and get some stuff that costs cheaper here than in Canterlot. Solven reminded himself as he looked at the stalls. He had already rounded the marketplace, and decided that nothing interesting was happening, then moved to a free bench space, next to a ice blue mare, not noticing her.

Ice let out a small sigh. It was relaxing to just sit here and take in all the sights and sounds of Ponyville. There weren't as many ponies here as in Canterlot, but for her that was a good thing. It was another thing that always made her happier here. It's not that she didn't like Canterlot because at this point it was actually started to warm up to her. Sh had all but forgotten most of the bad experiences there at this point and replaced them with all the new friends that she had made there. She still didn't like how crowded it was there, but that was a city for you.

She noticed a kind of rusty brown stallion approaching her general direction and watched as he sat down at another bench not too far from her. She noticed the gear he had for a cutie mark signalling that he was a mechanic of some sort. He also seemed to have a nice cup of coffee, something that was appealing to Ice at the moment. I'll have to grab one of those here soon, she thought to herself. she was half tempted to walk over and introduce herself to the pony as a gesture of kindness, but she couldn't make out whether or not this pony was looking for conversation or if he'd just want to be left alone. She decided to wait a few minutes before approaching to see if he would approach her first.

Boring. Boring and lonely. That's what Solven would describe the last few minutes.

Although the day was perfect for taking pot-shots at trees with his Autocross, he decided not too. Unsure of why, he had sat down on a bench, and sipped coffee just like any other pony who needed to awaken from a long period of sleep and tiredness. As the sun shined perfectly towards him, the glare forced him to turn away for a second, while the chirping birds served as music for the Mechanic. He had again noticed the blue mare sitting not very far from his bench. Although Solven barely sat outside, much less randomly socialized with ponies, he decided that some small talk with the locals wouldn't hurt or be any worse, and mustered up all of his "stallion-ly" courage, and decided to go talk to her.

"Hey, beautiful day isn't it?" Solven asked her.

Ice had gone back to minding her own business. She figured that if anypony wanted to talk to her right now that wasn't busy they would come over to her, mainly because that's when they normally did. The crispness of the morning air was still out and about and she was debating on going over herself and buying dome of that coffee that the other stallion had. The more she thought about it the more she liked the idea. Soon enough though the rusty brown stallion that she had seen with the coffee was soon right next to her, and spoke to her. "Indeed, the weather is quite nice today, and the temperature perfect right now. Not to hot for Ponies like me but not too cold for everypony else," she said with a smile. She scooted over on the bench to give him room if he wanted to sit down.

Sitting down on the bench, Solven had made up his mind that talking to random people was the best thing he could do right now to alleviate his boredom, to a certain extent where he could finally talk to someone that wouldn't spit out random mechanical lingo at points. Another sip of his black coffee, and Solven was slowly coming to life, each of his senses regaining the alertness and activeness that Solven needed in his line of work, but really, he just did it for the taste and bitter flavor of coffee that most don't like. Taking in what the mare had just said before he sat, Solven replied with a calm tone, "A breeze of wind would be nice about now, waking up to such a thing everyday would make my morning."

A slight pause, as if Solven was to compose himself, then said "So how's your day been?"

Ice smiled and nodded about the comment with the breeze. "I agree, I've always loved the cooling winds in the air, but then again, I love frigid temperatures. Anything that makes it colder is always a welcome for me."

It was true, she loved weather that was deemed colder than most ponies could tolerate. It may have came from when she was caught in the blizzard when she was little but it was a mystery to her. Almost everything else, her place of birth, and the fact that she's never lived in an extremely cold environment suggested that she should hate cold weather. The only thing she could chalk it up to was her control over ice.

"As far as how my day's gone so far I can't really complain. I normally work out of that show over there, but I'm currently out of supplies at the moment, again. This will be the third time since I've opened that I'm going to have to up my stock," she stated with a sigh of both relief and stress.

"Meh, I'm on holiday to escape the raging crowds of Canterlot high-society and unintelligent people who make my own job miserable, just by being a entrepreneur." Solven replied, Taking another sip of his Coffee, he could feel it's weight lighten as he drinks more of it. The coldness wasn't that bad, the Heartlands and Foothills around this time of year were much more chilly than other times, making it more reasonable to get outdoors more as the heat wouldn't cause Solven to go berserk because of heat.

He brought up his Autocross for a second, twiddling with it's bowstring, and checking the trigger, before putting it back into the holster that held it in place.

"Well, what do you sell, that so runs out of stock so fast?" Solven inquisitively asked. At this rate I might as well get to know her, and pretty much the rest of the town at this rate, because Ponyville is becoming the one-stop destination for me.

(I'm so sorry, I thought I had posted this last night. Apparently I forgot to hit the post button or it didn't send correctly, but at least it autosaved it. Again, sorry for the wait.)

Ice nodded when he mentioned the high-society 'nobodies' of Canterlot and smiled, "Sounds like you and me have quite the similar beliefs then, only difference is when I lived in Canterlot, I was a bit more hot tempered with the more disrespectful members of the high-society, and I ended up moving here to Ponyville. Everypony here is so much nicer, but there are parts of Canterlot where the ponies put morals over bits," she acknowledged.

When he asked her what she sold that ran out of stock so quickly, she smiled. "I'm currently the owner of the Frozen Delights store here in town. I make everything from snow cones, to milk shakes, and even Ice Sculptures. Pretty much if it's frozen I can make it. I never run out of snow or ice because I can make it out of any liquid so as long as I have water, that's not the issue, but the flavoring syrups I'm have a real issue keeping in stock, which, I supposed is both a good and a bad thing," she told him happily hoping that he would come by and try one of her delights when she was open.

Solven had considered getting something cold for a change, considering the rarity of snow cold objects within the area in which he lives, works, and goes to holiday in. Well, at least for the majority of the year, and Solven always almost avoids Ponyville during Winter Wrap up, considering his talent was to fix and maintain things that are mechanical in nature, and the highly traditionalist nature of the event draws him away from the town itself.

"Hmn... perhaps I will go and try one of your ice cones later during the day or when you have restocked your flavoring syrup, it would be a nice change from the usual things that can normally be obtained here in Ponyville, well, for me atleast."

Then he realized that he never got the mares name, just incase they wanted to chat again for whatever reason, or Solven felt very bored without any of the usual "hooha" going around town.

"So... I'm Solven Sprockethooves, by the way, whats your name?"

Ice smiled when he said that he might just do that once she's open again. That the Frozen treats would be a nice change from the usual things that could normally be obtained here. She also realized that she hadn't given him her name, or rather, she realized it when she heard him tell her his and asked for hers. Ice facehoofed mentally and smiled. "My name is Ice Storm, and it's a pleasure Solven. At the very least I hope that the high society up in Canterlot treat you at least a little better than when they treated me when I was there," she said remembering the comment about the nobles area of Canterlot. "I know some of them can be quick stuck up when it comes to minor things or professions that seem to be beneath them. I swear, Princess Luna is more modest that a lot of them and she has all the more reason to be stuck up. She's a princess. The outer areas of Canterlot aren't bad though, in fact I have quite a few friends there now including the princess," she added making idle conversation.

Solven didn't know why, but he had to tell some of history, just idle conversaion this was, but Solven almost never had the chance to reveal elements of his life, for no one wanted to know, so here goes.

"Well, I was actualy born into a medium-class family in the Canterlot trade districts, my advancement in life was pure luck of a headmaster form a good school visiting the shops in my area. The ew school was absolutely horrid, snotty and snobby *******s. The only way I got respect was by making this baby in my final year examination" Solve. Quickly brought out Hyperion for Ice Storm to look, then put it back. "Yes, I got showered by requests by insitutest o join them, but I refused them all, and became a entrepenuer."

On the mentioning of Luna, Solven also felt the need to voice his opinions on Canterlot loyalty, because it was always a mixture and conandrum of political and monarchical mess that maintained the peaceful enviroment of Equestria. But he'd save that for when one of his other friends actually wanted to talk about this. "Princess Luna does seem to be the one to stick out, being isolated has certainly given her that modest behaviour I guess. Aside from Celestia, I guess they are the only ones with a mind on ruling the nation" Solven said.