Down in the dirt... (QL+Ash, PM if desperately interested in joining)

Ashton

Pip had spent all morning out in the fields surrounding ponyville, it was a nice calm day and the weather report said it would hold, so he was out looking for something... specifically some nice flowers to make a bouquet to leave for his unknowing-special-somepony, but so far all he found were common boring dandelions (one of which was turned into a snack) and 'puff balls.' He had been hoping to find something unusual and pretty to give to Sweetie Belle in hopes of at least catching her eye, but so far none had shown themselves...

Pip sighed "whur are all the proper flowers hiding! I c'nt win a Gul's heart with these..." he said in his thick trottingham accent, kicking a puffball to make his seeds drift lazily on the breeze. He sighed and finally just sat down on the grass, reaching under his neckerchief and retrieving another dandelion which he made into a second quick snack, wondering idly if it would be romantic to make the filly of his dreams a fresh dandelion sandwich instead...

Keylimeheadshot.png

While his Sister did her work in the fields nearby, gathering assorted herbs and such for her cures and ect; a small Green Pegasus flew over the fields gracefully and quietly, hearing the sounds of a pony talking to himself, a grin crossed the young colts face since he seldom got to play with other ponies! Zooming down near the other pony he landed dramatically making seeds fly every which way, grinning ear to ear he looked at the Spotted colt 'Hullo there!" He exclaimed excitedly 'Whatsa matter? Why you look so sad?" He moved to fly up then and turned so he was hanging upside down right in front of Pip's frowny face

"There we go! All better!"

Pip did indeed let out a chuckle at the upside-down pegasus colt and smiled a little "I was looking for some flowers to give a gul I like" he said "but all I can find are these common ones" he said, indicating the dandelions "I'm almost to the point of trying to make a romantic sandwich for her instead" he said, with a faint chuckle, imagining showing up with a 'bouquet' of sandwiches intead of flowers "though I h've to admit I doubt many ponies romance a filly with a sandwich" he said with another smile

Keylimeheadshot.png

"That would be funny!" He said and snickered moving to land by Pip again, folding his wings in so that they wouldn't be in the way "I could probably fly to somewhere up high and get some of the pretty flowers that are in the tree's?" He offered, tilting his head quizzically . "My name is KeyLime by the way" He gestured a hoof near the edge of the everfree"I'm here with my Sister! She's sorta a grumpy mc no fun pants right now though cause she's got her serious face on for work"

His sister always tended to be a Grumpy Mc No Fun pants though, especially now that she seemed to be focusing on some weird berry colored pony instead of the fun stuff they used to do.. "I still think you should go with thebuncha samwiches though!@ But I guess either way she can eat em right?"

Pip chuckled, now he wondered if Sweetie Belle would eat the flowers once she got tired of looking at them, he'd never though about it, wondering also how they would taste "That would be great, She's a unicorn so she's probably never seen some of the flowers that bloom in the highest branches!" he said, not realizing that with the CMC escapades it was actually quite likely SB had seen them plenty times before, though probably never been given any... "I'm Pipsqueak, Pip for short" he explained "my Mum and Da' just moved here from Trottingham a couple years ago" he said "at least you have somebody to talk to, I don' have any brothers or s'sters" he said, a hair of dissapointment in his voice, though he perked back up at the prospect of finding some less common flowers for his special somepony "Oh, would you like a dandelion?" he offered, pulling another from under his neckerchief "I grabbed a few to snack on while I looked"

Keylimeheadshot.png

"Yes please! Dandelions are my favorite treat!" He said taking the offered green and munched it, grinning happily "Oh yeah Quicky is good company but she lives here in Ponyville! I'm visiting from Hoofington while my Mom and Dad go to a family reunion" He glanced up and spread his wings flying off up into the tree's skimming the tops grabbing hoof fulls of rich sweet smelling blossoms "Here you are!" He said as he landed, offering Pip the flowers, it was some cherry blossom's AppleBlossoms, and even a few PussyWillow stalks just to make it pretty.

"I'm sure she'll like em"

((Pussy willows? should he give them some catnip to keep them calm till they get to SB? ;) lol --- yes I know there's another joke in there but I cant make it on this site :P))

"Oh wow these are great!" exclaimed Pip "I've never seen flowers like these, and I bet Sweetie Belle hasnt either!" he said, pulling a ribon from under his neckerchief and tieing the flowers securely, he then stashed them under the neckerchief untill he got a chance to deliver them. "Hoofington, that's not far from Jolly ol' Trottingham, my hometown" smiled Pip "maybe when Mum's going back for a visit we can stop by and say hi" he offered

((Pip once hid an entire orchestra under his neckerchief... terrifyingly true story... lol))

(...Booooo Ashton BOOOOOOO )

Keylimeheadshot.png

KeyLime tilted his head as the whole bouquet vanished under Pips bandana and moved to peek under there curiously "That is so weird" He grinned before looking at Pip again "Oh you're welcome! We could do that! Your mom could come to my moms soup kitchen and you could like totally eat some of her awesome soup! It's the best soup in the whole universe! And my Dad makes buildings! Lotsa buildings" He stretched his wings and sighed looking Pip over, Pip wasn't all that big "You wanna go flying? Bet you could fit on my back no problem!"

((lol, this is the trope Key's looking for: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Hammerspace an unusual extention of cartoon physics that Skye himself allowed... and I play it for laughs as often as I can! it was so hard with Pip 1.0 not to have him pull his entire airship out from under his neckerchief just for laughs!))

Looking under pip's bandana was like looking into a warehouse, all the dozens and dozens of things stored under there, all nice and nealy laid out... and yet he saw no part of pip's neck at all! it was certainly a mind-boggling site

Pip laughed auwardly "if it's a right proper soup kitchen I'm afraid my mum wouldnt be caught dead there, she fancies herself 'high society' he said with a snort, making it clear he thought it was rediculous "That wont stop me though, if we're nearby I'll make sure to pop in and give you a nice Cherio!"

Pip smiled glancing skyward "when I was younger, I always dreamed of being a sky pirate" he said "I used to read books about a griffen, Sky Pirate Harle... but as I got older everyone told me to put down the books, stop dreaming, and get on with my life... so reluctantly I left that all behind, though sometimes, I cant help myself and still dream..." he said "and I still keep up with airship tech, I'm hoping to become an airship mechanic, quite against mum's will" he chuckled

Keylimeheadshot.png

Key Listened to the other go on about his past dreams and snickered since Pip seemed not that much older than he was "Ah huh well " He grinned standing up straight spreading his wings "Hop on! You should forget that nonsense for today and I'll be your air ship!" He grinned jerking back on his hind legs "Cmon! It'll be an adventure!" Adventure was always fun wasn't it? Yes indeed it was and it was Adventure time!

((Adventure time? Dont we need a large Dog for that? :P lol))

Pip chuckled "well, I'm not exactly scrawney" he defended 'if your sure you can handle it" there was a twinkle in his eye as he seemed to remember soemthing from years ago, a thrill for adventure... with a little apprehension he climbed on Key's back, taking care not to pinch the pegasus' wings

(Lol No)

Keylimeheadshot.png

Key let a little oof as the other got on his back, but the other tended to carry others around all the time, he spread his wings and charged towards the edge of the cliff and leaped off it, wings catching the wind and they shot up 'Wheee!" He exclaimed as they headed towards the clouds,, not going to go too high but high enough so that they got a little thrill from it!

At first pip had a tight grip on the pegasus' neck but after a few minutes the pinto calmed and his face took on a look of determination and a hint of joy... one might argue that he should have been a pegasus, with his love of the sky it certainly would be appropriate... but he swore that one day he would make his own place in the sky in an airship, he was keeping up with all the latest developments from GriffCo, the premier airship designers, and one day he would rule the skies, wings or no.

Pip closed his eyes and loosed his grip though making sure he didnt fall off, he immagined for a moment that there was no pony under him and he was flying on his own "it's so wonderful" he said, smiling "Thank you"

Keylimeheadshot.png

He grinned glad the other was having such a good time, and kept going, soon coming to rest on a bit of Rock, stretching "There is a really pretty cave nearby we could go explore, the whole inside is like FULL of shiny smooth rocks that are like mirrors ! Quicky showed it to me a few days ago and it is awesome! Hey maybe you could find a really pretty one and give it to that Sweetie-girl that you like ?" He offered since it would be impressive wouldn't it?

Pip considered, He knew Miss Rarity had lots of gems, but he never saw any 'mirror stones' so maybe Sweetie Belle would think they were rare "sounds like a great idea!" he said "how am I ev'r going to repay you?" he asked "is there anything you need any help with or anything? I cant let all this keep piling up or I'll never repay you" he said, suprisingly honest for a pony that used to proudly proclaim himself a Pirate... and possibly one in the future...

Keylimeheadshot.png

"Hey now what are friends for Pip?" He asked as he started off to the cave, it didn't take him long to land them in the middle of the cave that was filled with smooth crystals that were so polished and smooth they were like mirrors, some of them almost golden in color, other rosy pink, and some a deep blue, all reflectant and brilliant with the way they glittered and shined, even the ground showed the same reflective tendencies "Here we are! I bet we'll find the perfect one for her in here somewhere.."

"Maybe I'll find one the same color as her mane!" thought pip as he slid off Keylime's back "...wow..." he said, looking around at all the crystals reflecting the sunlight, illuminating deep into the caves thanks to all the reflected light "This place is Beautiful" he said

((oh gawd... is the the cave from ACW? Are our two foals going to accidentally end up in Canterlot now? lol))

((Have you seen some of the caves IRL? they stretch for HUNDREDS of miles, so it's not impossible... up to you, this was your idea, so it can be a little cave, a big cave, or a huge one that connects to canterlot!))

Keylimeheadshot.png

The crystal laden caverns seemed to stretch for miles and miles! KeyLime glanced at all the brilliant shining crystals "Well let me know if I can help you get any of them" He said though snagged a piece of bright green reflective crystal and tucked it in the small bag around his neck , wanting to bring it home to his sister afterwards.

'Hey Pip you think these tunnels go all the way to Canterlot? I heard that the princess Cadence got trapped in them during theRoyal wedding" He didn't know a ton about the situation however just taht changelings= bad

"Princess Can-dance?" asked pip, cocking his head, he did read something about a wedding "At least it wasn't Princess Luna" he said with a faint smile, no matter his age, he would always have the tiniest of crushes of the princess of the Night "There's only one way to find out" he said "but the sunlight wont reach very far, unless you have a lamp or something we can make a torch out of, we wont get too far" he said as he started looking around for a pink crystal, amazed at all the different ones he saw, and picked up a few now and then, sticking them under his neckerchief... "I think I heard something about that wedding" said Pip "Seems like I heard Miss Twilight say it was her brother getting married, but it must've been somone else, no way a mighty princess the likes of Celestia would marry a common pony..." he said, the tiniest hint of sadness in his voice, whether some childish part of his mind still wanted to marry Luna, or whether he just though the idea itself was wrong was up for debate "I heard some other Princess Crashed it, I'm guessing she was trying to steal away the Prince" he said, clearly he only heard a few details and was filling in the rest as he went...