[Canterlot]I want Candy! [Private]

IceStorm

Ice had found her way once again back to Canterlot. Now that she was actually getting along with a decent number of ponies here again, she found the area to be quite to her liking. She'd never consider moving back here permanently. Oh no, she'd never leave Ponyville behind like that. Ponyville was the first place that had shown her any sort of kindness. There was no way in Equestria that she was just going to up and leave. She decided to walk around the marketplace and she saw her old shop. It had been turned into a boutique at this point, and she could already tell by looking at the dresses in the window that Rarity would outshine anything in that store.

She smirked to herself as she passed the shop as and she saw a new candy shop in the area. It was called "Sour Kiss" and it intrigued her. She'd never heard of it before and her attention was caught. She pushed the door open and she immediately took in the aromas of the sugars, the lemons, and the strawberries all combining. Strawberry Lemon snow cones and slushies... Why haven't I thought of that!!! she thought to herself as she looked for whoever was running the store. She didn't know what the candy was, but it smelled delicious.

Lemonbust.png

Lemon was sitting out a fresh still slightly warm batch of her delicious Pink Lemonade sticks, when she heard the tiny tinkling of the bell above her shop, she glanced over and grinned seeing the icy Unicorn enter her shop! "Why hello there! Welcome to Sour Kiss! I just pulled some of my delicious sticks out and their fresh and still kinda warm! Do you wanna try one?" There was one thing that Lemon knew other ponies loved and that was free samples! Who didn't love free samples!? The sky blue bow in her hair quivered lightly from how happy she was to have a new guest, in fact she took a stick right out of the colorful candy jar she had just put it in and held it out eagerly to the unicorn.

"Come on I promise it will be an explosion for your toungue!"

Ice was immediately greeted after she walked in by a young mare from behind the counter carrying sticks of the delicious smelling candy out with her. She said that she had just pulled some of them out and that they were still kinda warm. She asked if she wanted to try one saying that it would be an explosion on her tongue. Ice's eyes lit up and she approached the counter. "I would love to try one!" she said happily as she took the offered stick into her mouth and bit into it. An explosion on her tongue was an understatement. These sticks were amazing. "You weren't kidding, these candies blow my snow cones out of the cone," she said happily.

She reached into her saddle bag and looked her purse. "So how long have you been here? I don't remember this shop being here when I lived here. I used to own a snow-cone shop right down the road here where that new boutique is now," she asked, "Aha!" she yelled after she found her purse, "Also, how much would it be for five sticks?"

Lemonbust.png

"Oh I'v been here for a good while" She said and chuckled "That will be 2 bits for 5, but you should try some of the other candies I'v got!" There were lemon drops, and lemon taffy..oh all kinds of delectable treats just begging to be licked up! But she got the sticks and put them in beautiful pink and yellow striped paper,tying them with a string and offered them to the unicorn "Here we are and Snow Cones? That sounds delicious!"She grinned "Maybe I should put those on the menu! Wouldn't that be just so refreshing in the summer?" The thought of a nice icy lemonade drizzling down her throat during the heat of the sun made Lemon squee!

Ice Storm handed the pony two bits for the candy. She thought for sure that something this tasty was going to be expensive, especially here in Canterlot. If there was one thing she remembered about living here, it was the insane prices for everything. Something she definitely didn't miss when she moved to Ponyville. "Hmm, that's odd then. I'm very surprised I never noticed it before when I had my own shop right down the street," she said with a smile as the other pony said that the snow cones she mentioned sounded delicious, and said that they would be a big hit on the menu come summer time. "One would think that anyway, I didn't have much luck with the snow cones here myself. Hopefully it turns out better for you than it did for me!" she said walking over to look at some of the other candies that she mentioned. They all looked so yummy. She wanted all of it. She looked in her coin purse and she judged that she should have enough for some extra treats. "I'd like a half pound of everything please. It all looks so good and I can't decide on just one, so I'll try it all, Oh, my names Ice Storm by the way," she said with the most cheerful smile on her face

Lemonbust.png

"Nice to meet you Icee!" She said and grinned getting a paper bag that was also pink and yellow striped, and started to fill it with a tiny taste of every candy in the shop, and she even stuck in a delicious fresh from the oven Lemon Square dusted with powdered sugar "Then I'll have to make them! Since you gave me the idea come back sometime and one of them is on me!" She said and grinned "Here you go a half pound of every sweet in the store, that will be 4 bits" She said and smiled, she wanted her customers to come back so she gave them a pretty good price for her sweets.

Ice was caught off guard by the price. She was easily expecting the priced to be closer to twenty or thirty bits with how much candy she was buying but to hear only four bits, she was shocked. "Are you sure you don't want any more than that for this?" This looks like it takes a lot of time and effort to make, that efforts should be rewarded," she said smiling to the store owner. there was even a Lemon Square on top, and it made Ice feel really bad for only paying four bits for it. She decided to be nice, and pulled eight bits out of her purse. "Here, for your generosity," she told her handing her the bits. She always loved seeing smiles and she could already tell that this pony was the same way a she was in that aspect. If it put a smile on another ponies face she liked it, and she liked ponies with that kind of personality. "Likewise if you ever find yourself in Ponyville, Stop by my Frozen Delights. All of my frozen treats there are sure to make your taste buds dance. I can even make you a sample one right now if you'd like all I need is a small glass of water," she said as she looked through her saddle back for the small bottle of raspberry syrup that she took with her where ever she went. She was always prepared to put a smile on somepony's face where ever she went.

Lemonbust.png

She smiled at the generous payment , though her whole face lit up at her next comment 'Come right this way!" Leading her back to her kitchen "I'd love to try one of your creations! In fact while you are here let me make you one of my lemon whips! They arn't as good as my moms, but they are still creamy dreamy deliciousness! In fact why don't you stay for lunch!? i would love somepony to join me for lunch!"

The Lemon colored pony was extatic! This pony was so friendly and nice that she felt like she had known her forever! It was like having a new PFV almost... Ooh she was already thinking of the fun they could do if they were good friends! They could have a big collab sale !

Ice Storm followed the yellow mare back into the kitchen when she invited her back, that she'd love to try one of her creations, and that while she was here she should stay for lunch, that she would love somepony to join her for lunch. Ice gave her a very big smile and a nod. She already liked this pony, very much so in fact. Where were all of these ponies when I lived here? was I really that oblivious to everything around me? she thought to herself. Once she got back into the Kitchen she used her magic to pull out the raspberry flavoring and one of the cones. "I can only imagine how everything else tastes if your candies are this good," she said with a giggle at the end.

Then she took one of the cups of water and levitated the water in the air. she starting to swirl it around and around as fast as she could with her magic and slowly she started freezing it piece by tiny piece to where it had the same powdery texture as fine snow. Then as soon as it was at the right texture she started to add the flavoring into the swirl and waited until all of the snow had turned into the dark red color that the syrup normally turned it. She then placed it in the cone and then levitated the entire cone over by the yellow mare. "One raspberry snow cone. I always come prepared in case a sad little filly needs something for a smile to shine, or in this case a frosty treat for a new friend."

Lemon squealed as she was given both a show and a delicious treat, taking the sweet cone and started to eat it happily "Ooh it's so fluffy and delicious! I really should sell these but ya know lemon flavored!" She grinned , quickly making short work of the cone "Why don't you sit down and get comfortable while I make us a DELICIOUS Lunch?" Lemon Sparkle pushed her new friend over to the table and made her sit while she started making some delicious food.

The first thing up was a delicious Dandelion Greens salad! Tossed with Lemon juice and Zest, Pine nuts, a little olive oil and a little mint for a added kick! Sitting the Salad on the table she went on to prepare them some cucumber Watercress sandwiches with a lemon and cracked black pepper Mayo, each sandwich delicately cut into the shape of a heart and garnished with a little lemon spiral.

"Here eat up! Wait till you see what I got planned for dessert"

Ice smiled at the mares reaction to her snow cone. "Thanks. Complete control over Ice and Snow is my special talent, so I figured why not use that talent to put a smile on as many faces that I can!" she said with another giggle as she watched the mare start preparing lunch. Soon enough she brought out a delicious looking salad and an amazingly decorated sandwich.

"Oh wow, these look amazing!" Ice said after the other mare put the salad and the sandwich down and began to munch on the salad first. It was most definitely delicious, and Ice was grateful that this mare had invited her for lunch. At that thought though, a realization hit her that she hadn't even gotten this pony's name yet. "Oh! I do apologize, but I don't seem to remember catching your name if you said it already," she said blushing slightly and giving a whimsical smile.

"Oh that's quite alright! I'm Lemon Sparkle!" She said and grinned "Betcha can't guess what my favorite food iss!" She said teasingly as she picked her sandwich up with her hooves and munched happily, already planning dessert in mind, mhm some cracked lemon squares covered in powdered sugar, and a delicious icy cold lemon whip would be just perfect ! Lemon grinned "I like the pine nuts in the salad! They are my favorite"

Ice giggled when Lemon Sparkle sarcastically said that she bet that Ice couldn't guess her favorite food. Ice grinned and continued on the wonderful salad. She felt like she'd known this pony for a while and she was still kicking herself for not noticing this store when she lived here not even a couple months ago! When she said that the pine nuts where her favorite, she giggled again, "It's all really good," she said finishing up her salad. "In fact it's a lot better than anything I can do. Unless it involves something frozen and sweet I'm horrible at preparing any other sorts of food," she said giggling. The sandwich was just as good as the salad. It definitely made Ice Storm happy that she decided to walk into this store today, she got lots of new delicious candy that she's never tried, a new friend and a delicious lunch. Today was definitely a good day. "So, other than being a candy maker, what else do you like doing?" she asked making small talk.

"I LOVE love LOVE going to parties that have good music! I love to dance" She said and grinned digging into her samwich and salad "Mhm I really like bucking my own fruit too in my heart I will always be a country pony " Lemom sighed dreamly before polishing off her food and going to make them some dessert.

The Lemon Whip consisted of Lemon Juice, Sugar, sweet cream, a little vanilla Ice cream, and fresh mint, all blended together to make a creamy frothly lemon and minty beverage, she garnished it with a dab of whipped cream and a few mint and chocolate sprinkles "Here we are!" Handing her a glass with the pail green sweetness inside.

Ice could already tell they were meant to be friends. She already loved how enthusiastic this pony was, and her enthusiasm was contagious. I was starting ti make Ice feel all bubbly inside and she loved that. Then again it could also be the candy kicking in, but she only had one piece! "There's nothing wrong with that. I haven't quite figured out anything for myself to that extent, but I know I absolutely love putting a smile on everypony's face. Tis why I keep a bottle of my syrup with me and a few cones at all times. All it takes is a bit of water to brighten the day of any foal, filly, colt, mare, or stallion for me," she said with a large grin as Lemon brought out a frothy lemony beverage.

Ice's eyes lit up from it. She took a sip of it and her eyes went even wider. "Oh wow, these are easily just as good as your candies! I love it!" she said her own enthusiasm boiling over as her own perky side started showing.