Royal Pain (Adventure RP With Prince Bluebood) OOC Discussion

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I see how you worked in the NPCs there. Very clever. Since I just sent a post, I'll wait for the others to post first...But since the Griffon leader drew his sword, it's fair game for Fire to use her..She'll pop out her disarming dagger when it's her turn...Slash slash.

OOC: I'm a little worried about making up an NPC that's a little too helpful. How many good-guy NPCs (Beyond the 'pencil pushers' that have already helped?) are on board and how many griffons are still up and about?

Moved this here to reply.

You've pretty much engaged the ten or so who came into the dining hall directly, and only three are still up, the two Dunder is fighting, and the leader. However, there's a party ransacking upper level state rooms (Muggo Ale's dealing with one of the outliers) and there's an unknown number up on the open deck above. They havn't tried to take the engine room level or the bridge, as they figure with it's wing-sails disabled they can't do anything anyway.

On your side you have something over 100 ponies of various species, split about 40% unicorns, 30% pegasi 20% Earth-ponies 10% other, not counting a crew of about 30. Most of the passengers are in the hall with you, I figure ponies are a bit like hobbits, easy going, fond of their comforts and happy to enjoy themselves, which is probbaly why the griffons only assigned a dozen pirates to the dining hall. But like hobbits, when they are under pressure they can perform incredible things. And the griffons seem to forget they're attacking creatures with magic powers, and the more of them there are, the more powerful that magiic is.

I've given you the party of cook ponies with cooking implements (frying pans, who knew?), a party of engineer unicorns lead by Lore Scroll (one of their jobs is to feed the thaumic boilers with magic (think the Cider Squeezy 6000) so they are skilled at throwing blasts of raw magic and unlike Blueblood they have the endurance to keepit up for some tim), and the named characters at the Captain's table. About the only one I havn't already involved is the pegasus mystery writer, Jessica Fledger.

But the main mass of ponies are free, and only neeed some direction to fight back. Draw your own named NPCs from them, if you don't want to ask for help from the ones I've provided. You have more than enough ponies to see off this invasion, all they need is a leader. I'm not going to have Blueblood do it, what he's already done was mainly to inspire you and the other players as to what's possible, so it's up to the other players to win this one.

Be inventive, create, expand what I've provided, that's what this is all about. If you think something might disrupt the story or something I've set up, thresh it out with me here or via PM. I'm not supposed to be some sort of GM, you guys have just as much right to introduce new story elements or plot (no plot scenes though, that would break the site rating).

(OOC: Actually, the floor of the dining room (which is amidships) is two levels down. There is the open top deck (which is the roof of the dining hall), an upper residential deck whcih leads to mezzanine balconies overlooking the dining hall, and a lower residential deck, level with the dining hall floor. The kitchen and crews quarters are forward of the dining hall between it and the bridge, while beneath it all is the lowest deck with engine rooms forward and aft, and cargo and lifting gas storage amidships. The grifffons are on the open deck and in the forward upper deck corridor (as Muggo can tell you)

Fire and her little squad will go to the upper deck then...Since she was going 'up' anyways.

Eh. I think you should just move on. Don't worry about your old post...It could always be edited later...I just wonder if Muggo' could hear FIre as she searches the upper decks...Or even Dunder in the Dining room...

• 2 weeks later...

Rolled a 50. So she avoided getting sticky. (I actually read up on how to remove glue from a living animal if she failed her roll)

And I rolled a 84 for the smoke. So she's fine. Now we'll have to see how Muggo did.

Might as well roll for Tin Pan.

Glue: Oh ****. Rolled a 37. He's gonna be a sticky pan.

Smoke: 23. Did he get a 20% chance for the smoke as well?

I'll give Muggo' time to roll before I post...Also spent waay too much time on another post for another RP. Will post tomorrow. :Luna: