Royal Pain (Adventure RP With Prince Bluebood) OOC Discussion

Currently have a few players already, and we've been floating around with an ADVENTURE type RP. The characters are given a grand quest/job/task to perform and the pay is good, but there's a catch. The pony who gave them the quest also wishes to tag along to make sure it is done properly. Along with the current players, we would need someone who can play Prince Bloodblood, or any other royal/wealthy type character. Must be a pain in the flank to work.

We're also trying to come up with the quest idea. Any ideas?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds fun. I rather like adventure RPs. I'm definitely intrigued to hear a little more. :)

Blueblood already has an assigned player on the site by the way. You might consider contacting him if you haven't already.

Go right ahead (once we set up the proper subject on the non-oc board)

Just thinking of a proper quest for a prince..And also waiting to hear back from said prince's player. :blush:

I'm in.

Check my character description to see just how perfect this would be for him.

As for quest ideas, what does Blueblood value?

Some rare orchid or other flower as a birthday gift for his mother might take the group to far Uyanazi or the Gallopagos Islands.

Since looking good is so important to him, some vital ingredient for stallion cosmetics maybe?

His father, the 51st Duke Blueblood was a great explorer, lost on an expedition without trace about a decade ago. If there was some evidence that it might be possible to find him, or even what happened to him, he would move Cloudsdale, Canterlot and Tartarus to do so.

Those are the 'far off lands' style quests, which would also work as my version of Blueblood has an ulterior motive, one that he won't actually admit to himself.

Finding his father is a pretty noble cause. Fire Walker (My OC) has never really met Blueblood. She was a guard for the past few years, and during that time, had worked in gaming halls/clubs that Blueblood had frequented and she made up her mind that she did not care for the guy, judging him on the comments he made, or just by the way he looked at other ponies. Still, she considers herself a professional and would still work for him.

Just waiting to hear back from Dunder...As always, anymore ideas, just keep toss'n them. :)

Question: was this adventure fleshed out/planned with Muggo' in the bar? I'm too lazy to scrub through the post xD If so, I may have him come along.

Question: was this adventure fleshed out/planned with Muggo' in the bar? I'm too lazy to scrub through the post xD If so, I may have him come along.

He probably heard they were going to be checking out the "Job Board" the next morning and might have decided to tag along.

The game could have started in Fillydelphia, where Dunder and Fire Walker were at and where they got the quest. While Bluebood's home is in Canterlot, he could be there for thy quest! Any other ideas? And who will run this?

Stainless Steel Fox (Who plays Blueblood) gave out some suggestions (See above). I like his idea about Blueblood going on a quest to find his father. But if you see or have any other ideas, please feel free to toss 'em out here.

Where's Ushanti? I know Uyanazi, the land of the zebras. But either the Badlands or Uyanazi are good as far as I'm concerned.

But we need a trigger, a reason for Blueblood to start the quest in the first place. And we need a reason to crowbar the Blue Blunder out of Canterlot and to Fillydelphia. Or get the rest of the party to Canterlot to meet with him.

If one of your characters is an explorer or trader, or someone with reason to have been out in whatever hinterland the RP will primarily take place in, I think we can do both.

Blueblood the Elder kept diaries of his expeditions, Blueblood carries the next to last one with him at all times as a momento. If an adventurer found the one he'd started just before he set off on his last mission, it would be the first sign as to where he was lost, and if it had been in some sort of waterproofed pouch that had partially failed, or under some proofing spell. There might just be enough information to give cryptic hints as to where he went, without making it easy for an expedition to follow him.

It could be easily identified without opening it, as his notebooks were horn-made of tooled leatherbark, and had the insignia odf the Duchy of Canter (a white castle with a solar and lunar cutie-mark in the upper left and right corners respectively), closed with a clasp. Inside it would be full of horn-written notes on high quality bonded paper. Due to exposure and whatever damage, some would be unreadable, but the notes would clearly be in Blueblood 52's horn-writing style. It might be enchanted so that only Blueblood or his mother could open the clasp.

So one of the other player characters finds it, brings it back and contacts the Duke, as it has the Ducal symbol and can't be opened. If the player is based in Fillydelphia, it might intrigue the Duke into coming there to see it. I am so thinking the opening to Last Crusade or Raiders. This would be an awesome mission for Daring Doo. (He has all her books, you know, though you'd pull his horn out by the roots before he'd admit it.)

Does that strike people as a decent set-up? I'm willing to go with something else, but I warn you, undeerr normal circumstances, Blueblood is pretty hard to shift.

Hmm. At the end of Dunder and Fire Walker's (Both adventure type ponies) last little RP, they were set out to hit the old 'job board' in Fillydelphia. They could have been sent on a quest for find the book in an deserted location. Blue Blue probably had an general idea where this lost book was, and probably hired off a bunch of others to check out the different locations he believed the book was to be found. Dunder and Fire find the book, and go to Canterlot to drop it off. They believe they're just going to meet up with one of Blueblood's servants, hoof over the book, get a sack of bits and go on their merry way (And probably hit the nearest tavern and drink those coins away!). Instead they meet up with Blueblood who quickly goes through the book and realizes the next step in his quest to find his father. He recognizes Fire Walker as a former R.E.A guard and knows she could be easily manipulated, and decides to take her, Dunder and whoever he can snag to tag along with him to exotic land, such as the Badlands or Uyanazi...Hmmm

The problem with that is, it would have required Blueblood to already set things up, and he hasn't. Could you have taken some other job that didn't pan out, and in the process found the book by accident. Recognising, or researching the Ducal seal, they realise it might be worth something to Blueblood and go to see him to see if they can make a quick bit. From there we can proceeed as you suggested. It avoids me having to have BVlueblood arrange anything before hand. I'd prefer this thing to hit him cold.

That's fine as well. Dunder and Fire went on a quest. Find what they were looking for, but they also find the book. They head to Canterlot to see what they could get for the book. A New Quest Begins! Fire Walker has seen Blueblood before and while they never spoke before (or even had a reason to do so) she's not a fan of the guy. And gossip and rumors have never been friendly towards the prince.You're free to start a topic..And when you do, please post a link. Thanks! :)

Link to actual RP

I leave it up to you guys to decide what you want to say to intrigue him in. I made the assumption that as adventurers, at least one of you would have a membership in the Royal Exploration Society. The dues aren't exactly huge, and it gives you access to a library with the most up to date maps and information, a newsletter, and access to contacts, not to mention a reasonable place to stay. It may well have branches in other major cities as well as Canterlot.

I'd still love to be in on this, and I'm loving the idea. Dunder, think you could find a way to drag Muggo' along? Maybe have Dunder invite him after their last adventure to the Griffon lands?