Royal Pain (Adventure RP With Prince Bluebood) OOC Discussion

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, we're waiting on Dunder. I say we agree to skip if he doesn't post in the next day.

He posted! We were able to hunt him down and poke him with sticks until he posted! :wail:

and I will be a bad pony for the moment. It's currently very late and I had a VERY very very long day at work. Will post tomorrow. Would rather post something decent..Then a sleepy post, especially after the well written ones that followed my own! :sleep:

Don't worry. We're just messing with yah..I know how things can be when you're busy with RL. :wail: I've been very busy as of lately..and even more so...Got art shows....a wedding to attend down south...lots of stuff...SIGH.

I'm sorry if I seem antsy, but the number of RPs I've seen die because one person wasn't willing to put in the effort make me fear for this one when someone delays posting. This has the pottential to give Blueblood exactly the kind of character development I was hoping for when I first designed the character.

I'd far rather prefer a two sentence post that marks your turn and lets everyone else continue the story than having to wait.

Yeah, I've had more than a few of these RPs die on me as of lately..Usually after putting out an few epic posts...Still, I consider you three's posts well worth the wait.

Heads up.

I just got a minimum post notification for Blueblood. I'm trying to reactivate some of my other Blue Blood RPs, but worst case, if I don't get my post frequency up, I'll have to abandon him. I don't want to start an RP thread ppurely for the purpose of doing it either, as Blue b.lood's more effective in the antagonist role or as part of an ensemble than as the protagonist.

I'm trying to find just how often I have to post and can't find it!

Nuts! As soon as you mentioned "Jousting" I knew one player would be in that RP..And that's Frain Breeze...I don't want to talk for he or she, but I spoke to the player and at the time he (or she) appeared to have fled Canterlot.com for another Pony RP site. However, it looks like Diomedes just put up a post..So that's a good sign!

And I might be a little late with my follow up post to this RP..And when I mean late, I mean tomorrow...You really threw out a great post and I don't wish to insult it by posting while half-asleep.

Oh and BTW Dunder & Mister Mann, Fire hasn't returned to the table yet..She was just about to turn away at the end of her post and return to the table, but not yet..She will go back if Blueblood doesn't say anything to her..

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to expand on how I see the air-ship design. I was thinking along the lines of the sort of propuulsions systems you see in the airships in 'Howl's Moving Castle', rows of oar like wings that cycle through a flapping motion in sequence. Much as i love the only genuine air-ship we've seen in MLP, the propelling wing sails just seemed to flap up and down. I've been teying to find some decent videos or even images, but so far no luck.

That's the one thing that bugged me about FIM...It seems like they had originally planned for the show to exist in a steam-punk type world, but instead it's more of a mishmash like in the original Batman: The Animated Series, where they'll have computers and rock music, but also B/W only movies and TV and Police Zeppelins.

As for airships. Haven't had much luck..Everything is trendy old timey ship with giant blimp on top.

And the show...There was only one scene ever I think with an airship (And Blueblood was there..), the rest have been just balloons...

Modified. It makes sense that if your luggage went ahead of you, they'd get it to your room, if only to avoid dozens of ponies all blocking the corridors at the same time with their stuff. Also, it may be that they need it beforehand so they can weigh it and calculate what effect it will have on the air-ship's buoyancy and balance. That way they could assign rooms to avoid too much weight on one side.

I'm trying to decide what exactly will happen on board the Cupid. I'm sure you've figured out by now that I like creating settings and I want to show them off, but without it becoming just a show and tell.

I have at least one idea for something, which will remain secret until it happens, but I open the floor to any other suggestions.

Ugh. This is so hard to do when sober! nodrinkingsmaller.jpg 37280050058444330494478v.jpg

Let's see...Let me pull out my 'Big Book 'O' Plots On A Ship!' And I mean story-plots, not those kinds of plots! :-| Yesh!

1.Sky Pirates! They're like Pirates, but in the Sky!

2. Mystery In The Sky! It's like a my..er...Someone or somepony swipes something special from Blueblood's cabin, and Fire, Dunder and Muggo must find it! The Prince tags along to make things more interesting.

3. The ship is having a formal dinner and Blueblood must have a date on short notice! Fire Walker is ill and is stuck in her cabin, so Muggo must dress in drag and be Blueblood's date! No...I think I got that from a 'Silver Spoons' episode.

4.Championship Shuffleboard Contest!

5. Wet T-Shirt Contest!

6. Halfway through the trip, the ship has to stop and dock at a strange island..The gang decides to stop at a historical inn and discover it's haunted! Oooh! Nahh..Too Scooby Doo!

Gah. Anyone else have any ideas?