Episode Authors

Ginger Mint

hi hi

A friend of mine was telling me the other day about how she could generally tell if an episode of Dr. Who would be good depending on who the writer was. I thought maybe I could find a correlation in MLP, but it turns out some of my least favorite episodes and some of my most favorite episodes were written by the same people.

• 1- Friendship is Magic (Part 1) - Lauren Faust

• 2- Friendship is Magic (Part 2) - Lauren Faust

• 3- Ticket Master - Amy Keating Rogers & Lauren Faust

• 4- Applebuck Season - Amy Keating Rogers

• 5- Griffon the Brushoff - Cindy Morrow

• 6- Boast Busters - Chris Savino

• 7- Dragonshy - Meghan McCarthy

• 8- Look Before you Sleep - Charlotte Fullerton

• 9- Bridle Gossip - Amy Keating Rogers

• 10- Swarm of the Century - M.A. Larson

• 11- Winter Wrap Up - Cindy Morrow

• 12- Call of the Cutie - Meghan McCarthy

• 13- Fall Weather Friends - Amy Keating Rogers

• 14- Suited for Success - Charlotte Fullerton

• 15- Feeling Pinkie Keen - Dave Polsky

• 16- Sonic Rainboom - M.A. Larson

• 17- Stare Master - Chris Savino

• 18- The Show Stoppers - Cindy Morrow

• 19- Dog and Pony Show - Amy Keating Rogers

• 20- Green isn't your Color - Meghan McCarthy

• 21- Over a Barrel - Dave Polsky

• 22- A Bird in the Hoof - Charlotte Fullerton

• 23- Cutie Mark Chronicles - M.A. Larson

• 24- Owls Well That Ends Well - Cindy Morrow

I loved "Look Before you Sleep," and "Suited for Success," but I didn't care quite so much for "A Bird in the Hoof." I liked "Boast Busters," but "Stare Master," was lower on my list. I liked "Winter Wrap-up" a lot more than I liked "The Show Stoppers." So for the most part it is all over the place. One thing I did notice though is that Dave Polsky seems to have written both of the "controversial" episodes.

I'm a bit curious as to what other people's thoughts are.

I actually had thought about this the other day, and wondered who had written what myself, but never got around to compiling a list. Some episodes are definitely written better than others and some writers seem to be better at character development than others. Amy Keating Rogers and M.A. Larson seem to be on my most favorite list along with Faust. It's kinda amazing that Fullerton wrote such a successful episode as Suited for Success, but flopped with Bird in the Hoof. But now that I look back on them, there was less actual character development in either episode so much as situational exposure, I suppose.

hi hi

I have a feeling that Faust is going to have her name somewhere on the last episode of the season. It makes me wonder just what their workflow is for producing a script, how much collaboration goes on and how much deadline pressure they've had throughout the season. Some of the weaker episodes I felt might have been a lot stronger if they'd gone through some minor revisions here and there.

I actually had thought about this the other day, and wondered who had written what myself, but never got around to compiling a list. Some episodes are definitely written better than others and some writers seem to be better at character development than others. Amy Keating Rogers and M.A. Larson seem to be on my most favorite list along with Faust. It's kinda amazing that Fullerton wrote such a successful episode as Suited for Success, but flopped with Bird in the Hoof. But now that I look back on them, there was less actual character development in either episode so much as situational exposure, I suppose.

And I actually did do a list earlier this week. I first listed the episodes in order from my favorite to least favorite. This was the hardest part. However, I tried not to nit-pick it because I was just trying to get a general idea of which head writers I would enjoy the most. As it turns out, M. A. Larson was towards the top of the list. However, not enough episodes have been made to truly distinguish the good writers from the best writers. As for least favorite writer, Chris Savino, who has only authored two episodes, sunk at the bottom. It was important for me to list the episodes before I discovered the writers of each episode so that I would not be biased towards any one writer. Lauren Faust was surprisingly, 'middle of the row' for me.

But really, every episode deserves some degree of awesomeness.