This will inevitably get a mixed response.

Owl City (which so happens to be MY FAVORITE FREAKING BAND OF ALL TIME) is coming out with their sophomore album, All Things Bright and Beautiful, on June 14. You can preorder it now, however, and get one of two songs: Alligator Sky (feat. Shawn Chrystopher) if you preorder directly through iTunes, or Galaxies if you preorder through Owl City's website. Go here for more info.

I already got my SQUEEing taken care of.

I wish I could like Owl City. They remind me too much about what I don't like about Death cab for Cutie (although their first few things were awesome). But I think maybe it's my age.

I really loved Galaxie 500 and Built to Spill and very early Death Cab (although I liked Revolutionary Hydra, their sister band, better)in those end-of-high-school/beginning-of-college years where you kind of form the musical tastes that stay with you forever, and Owl City just reminds me of too much stuff. Just like Elliott Smith bothered me for the most part - just seemed like processed and updated (Harry) Nilsson Schmilsson light. Although I am sure people can and will say the same thing about my favorite bands. I guess it really all depends on what you hear first. Like the first album you hear from a band will always have a place in your heart, if you enjoy it on first listen. it might not be your favorite output from the band, but it will always be your first impression.

if you that this style of music, though, you should check this out.

music doesn't start for a minute.