It's a Marketplace Morning [Open]

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He giggles a little "Don't worry, if this is any sign I'm sure your gonna be amazing with your magic."

"I hope so!" I say happily, and then I notice my saddlebag fell off. "Oh..." I say in an embarrassed tone. "Let me try something..." I say quietly, trying to levitate my saddlebag onto my back.

((OOC: Erm, guys? Kinda feeling ignored here...))

((OOC: I'm waiting for Inuchan before I post, but you can either make your way over to the lemonade stand or wait a bit, because Lovestone really needs to go shopping. I can have her bump into you. :smirk: ))

After his little brackdown, Grey Matter composes himself. One stall seems to stand out, mostly because of the large glass of lemonade on top of it. Grey was always thirsty after he freaked out, so he headed over there. He politely waited while other ponies were conversing...growing thirstier by the second.

(OOC: I hope you don't mind somepony else butting in, and exploiting your pre-created character.)

A grey unicorn stumbles feverishly through the crowd. He turns his gaze this way and that as he searches for any trace of his target. "Oh no, oh no, oh no," he mumbles quietly under his breath as he does a complete spin to check behind him. "Where is he?" The unicorn's horn briefly lights up an emerald green, boosting his hearing. From a nearby alleyway comes a subdued cry. "That's his style," the unicorn mumbles reassuringly and bounds over to the alleyway. A quick check left and right to make sure nopony would see him slink into the shadows. Sure enough he couldn't see anypony looking. Taking a step back he entered the alley and hurried down it. Sure enough there was the signature black hoodie of his associate. Right now he appeared to be hissing at some yellow pegasus who he had cornered. With a sigh of relief, Curse looks to the black hoodie wearing pony and trots over. "Thank Celestia you're here. We need to go now. Did you get the stuff?"

(OOC: If this is derailing the plot too much, then please tell me. Don't want to ruin everypony's else's fun after all.)

"Look, man. I was told that you could deliver. We need to get that painting and high-tail it out of here before they realise its missing. Our "friends" can only wait so long." Curse takes another step forwards. "Look, take care of this pegasus and then meet me around the back of the art gallery. We don't have all day." Curse stares at the hoodied pony who finally nods in response. "Good. I'll be waiting," Curse turned away from the pony and trotted back out of the alleyway. The second that he's back outside he drops the facade of confidence. *Oh Celestia, I hope that he hurries up. The Don is not going to be happy if we don't get that piece, and when he isn't happy, we aren't happy. I've grown rather attached to my horn.* Curse cursed silently under his breath before picking up the pace and pushing back into the crowded marketplace.

(OOC: Hope nopony minds if I post again. Kinda need to flesh out my sub-plot at the moment, and get my character into contact with the others.)

Curse pushed through the crowded marketplace as he recalled the specifications for his latest contract. The Pièce de Résistance, a rather exclusive art gallery in Ponyville that put most of it's brethren to shame. He knew that this wasn't going to be easy, but his contacts had assured him that this Vancron Shock could do his job, and do it well. As long as any lock they met could be broken, Curse was confident that he could put the guards down with his signature spell. Original plan was to go at night, but things had changed. The painting in question was being moved tonight after an anonymous tip-off. He just hoped that... hey! Lemonade!

Curse stopped in his tracks at the sight of his absolute favourite beverage. On a sunny morning like this, the bubbly yellow liquid looked like to him like liquid heaven in a glass. *Maybe. No. I can't, this job's important. Actually I'm sure the job can wait a few seconds while I get me an ice-cold beverage.* Curse thought to himself with a smile. He trotted over to the simple wooden stall and found himself at the end of a small line. *Darn, there's a line. I've got a few minutes. Just need to make sure I'm there for the guard change in fifteen.*

((OOC: Sorry guys, finals week kind of snuck up on me. Two down, one to go, then I'll be back for real!))

Lovestone smiled at the pretty green mare, then turned to sweep her gaze over the crowd. This shopping business really had to be done, no more procrastinating. The anxious knot in her stomach tightened as she watched the shifting mass of ponies in the heat of the afternoon.

She sighed and began to turn back to the lemonade stand, when something caught her eye -- a bright yellow pegasus that looked vaguely familiar, but she pushed the thought aside as she took in the pony's dishevelled and bruised state. Her heart wrenched as she turned all her attention to the poor limping mare. She wondered briefly what had happened. A traffic accident? A mugging? A bar brawl? Well, it was a little early for that, but grudges knew no calling hours. With barely a glance back at Sour Lemonade, she shifted her saddlebags and trotted to the park bench the other pony had just eased down onto, secretly relieved for another valid distraction from her dreaded chore.

"Ma'am? Are you okay?" she said politely, but couldn't keep a note of concern out of her voice.

*Lemonade, lemonade, lemonade* was all that was on Curse's mind. At least until a prod in his back got his attention. Curse span around and lit up his horn ready to strike when he realised it was just that Vancron guy. *Wait a second. He's going to want to know...* "What exactly are you doing?" the mysterious colt asked. *Damn. Think of an excuse... think of an excuse...* "Hey, did that idiot mare follow you?" Cronk asked again. A smile lit up Curse's face, before instantly darkening again. "Y-yeah! Yeah, I was heading to the art gallery, when I felt like I was being followed, so I tried to lose her in the crowd. She's obviously working for somepony, why else would she be here?" Curse improvised, dragging himself away from the delicious lemonade.

Iron Blitz looked around while he waited his turn for lemonade. The lemonade dealer seemed to be busy with another customer and didn't notice Iron's request for lemonade. Iron was a bit annoyed at the fact that Sour Lemonade had poured herself some lemonade instead of giving it to him, the next in line, though he didn't show any signs of being annoyed. Iron had suddenly realized that he lost track of where the supposed thief was. By this time, the black hooded pony had already disappeared into the alleyway and left.

"Argh, horseapples! I've lost him! I just had to give in to the lemonade's temptation!"Soon after, he heard two ponies talking in the line behind him. He turned his head to find two ponies behind him. One was a grey unicorn, the other a black hooded pony, the same one he had been watching. Iron turned his head back around. "That's definitely him. But who's that grey unicorn?" Iron thought then began to eavesdrop on the two. "Seems like I'm not the only one keeping an eye on these guys." Iron didn't know exactly what the two ponies were up to and he wouldn't outright attack them unless he knew for sure that they had malicious intent. For now, he would have to watch, listen and trail.

((OOC: Sorry guys, omigosh the school year is OVER. yay.png))

Lovestone wasn't dumb. She could tell the pegasus was far from fine, and not just physically. She noticed the way her eyes darted to the lemonade line, and how she tucked into herself as though hiding from something that terrified her - she'd seen it plenty of times in fillies afraid of the dark. Someone in that line was the yellow mare's bogeyman. (And probably the one who'd given her these bruises in the first place).

She also noticed the way the pegasus almost winced away from Lovestone's sympathetic concern, and decided to try a slightly different tactic. After all, Mother always told her that a new approach meant a new advance, and she was determined to find out what and who was scaring her so badly.

"Well, you look kinda hurt," Lovestone said, grimacing at the other pony's bruises, then smiling into her face. "But I'm Lovestone. Sorry if I made you feel weird. What's your name?"