Making a Delivery...

Ashton

It was early in the morning, the pegsai had not long cleared the last of the clouds from the sky, and ponyville was just starting to awaken... well most of it was starting to awaken...

A small Pinto foal had been up a long time, writing and re-writing a note to attach to the flowers he had gathered the day before for his potential special somepony... finally he felt he had it done...

Pip carefully looped the ribbon around the card, the flowers were a combination of Cherry Blossoms, Apple Blossoms, and accents of Pussy willows, with a single red rose in the center. they were tied with a yellow ribbon and had a card attached, the card, and of course the flowers, were addressed to "The Most Wonderful Filly in Equestria" in a beautiful penmanship that few ponies could compare to.

The foal carefully stashed the bouquet back under this neckerchief and headed out. The air was still a little cool and crisp as he trotted down the nearly-empty streets of ponyville. He stopped at the large building who's windows showcased so many different styles of clothing; the Carousel Boutique, he knew Sweetie Belle stayed there most of the time since her parents traveled so much --- and he hoped it was the case now since he had no clue where SB's parents actually lived... (unfortunately had he bothered to walk around back he would have seen the guest room's window open and the room empty, meaning the filly was not staying with her sister... but Pip hadn't thought about checking...)

Pip reached under his neckerchief and brought out the flowers and very carefully placed them on the doorstep, then rang the bell frantically, likely waking up half the neighborhood instead of just Rarity, after a moment he ran and dove behind the shrubs on the far side of the road, too scared to confront Sweetie Belle but wanting to see her reaction if she came out... he made a small hole just large enough to see though...

...and it was now that the foal mentally face-hoofed... he had forgotten to sign his name! There was no way SB would have any clue which of her "surely dozens of suitors" the flowers had come from! he wanted to kick himself but he was too busy lieing on his belly watching the door of the boutique to see what happened...

(OOC: Time for a little crazy. And yes, I got permission from Ashton.)

Guiding Light was walking through the streets of Ponyville. He liked the mornings when few ponies were out as it gave him time to think. He was passing by the Carousel Boutique, reminiscing about the time that he was there to get a suit made. He was also there to convince subtly Sweetie Belle to be Pipsqueak's special somepony. Whether or not he was successful remained to be seen, especially with that Prince Blueblood being there.

He was about to make his way when he say a very unusual sight at the Boutique. There on the porch was a bouquet of flowers. The arrangement was very nice indeed.

"I wonder who they're for," Light said as he levitated the arrangement to see. Clearly curiousity was getting the best of him. Light was also a romantic at heart, although he personally had little concept of true love in his colt mind.

"The Most Wonderfuil Filly in Equestria," he read out loud the words on the note. Of the two who lived in the shop, Light knew that is definitely was Sweetie Belle. But who gave the flowers? Was it that Prince Blueblood? Light shuddered at the thought. Then another thought entered his mind: Pip. "That sly pony," Light said with a chuckle, "he finally did it. Well he didn't talk to Sweetie Belle but he at least sent these flowers."

Then Light noticed a glaring error in Pip's plan. Pip forgot to sign the note! How was Sweetie Belle able to know who these flowers were for? Frantically Light searched through his saddlebag, hoping to find a pencil, to no avail.

"Awww! Come on," the unicorn said as he continued to search, "there has got to be a pencil in here somewhere. I never leave home without one. Why of all times can't I find a pencil?"

((only after posting this and the plot starting am I told it's rude and inconsiderate to use an "ATTN:" tag... so... yeah... apparently it's now gonna just be you and me, Lux...))

Pip's heart skipped a beat and sweat began dripping down his face, what was light doing there! If Sweetie Belle opened that door now and saw Light there with those flowers...!!!

Distraction! distraction! pip looked around for anything he could do, despite temptation he was not going to light the nearby hay cart on fire (of course not having matches helped that) finally he grabbed a rock and threw it hoping to distract light and/or make him waunder close enough pip could pull him down behind the hedge...

((I'm tempted to say that rock smashes through one of the windows, just for added "What the Tartarus, Hero?!" points ;):P)

(OOC: You're going to love this..)

As Light was pondering the flowers and who sent them, something sailed by Light and struck the wall behind him. "What was that," Light said as he looked over at where he heard the object strike the building. In his distraction, he released his magical hold on the flowers and dropped the flowers. "Awww... I dropped them. Better leave them there." He then saw the rock on the ground, "Who threw a rock, and from where?"

Light walked away from the flowers, looking around to try to find the origins of where the rock was.