[Ponyville] The First Band Meeting [FINISHED]

Lightning Dancer sighed as she set up equipment for the new band members. Some good friends in Ponyville had lent her their garage for band practices, and it was about time she gathered the members together for one.

As Lightning plugged the amps in, she thought about how many ponies would be over to the garage soon. She had set up snacks in case ponies were peckish. It was going to be a great rehearsal, or so she hoped! She hooked the mic up, then turned it on, hoping that she wouldn't get loud feedback. Luckily, she didn't.

"Testing one, twooo, threeee. Testing testing..." She said, fiddling with the knobs on a nearby soundboard. She got the mic to sound just right, and she'd already tested the guitars. Practice was ready to begin! Now she was just missing the ponies...

BAND MEMBERS

SINGER- Iron Rainbow

SECOND SINGER- Life Line

LEAD GUITAR- Deep Bass

DRUMS- Wish Bone

BASS- Lightning Dancer

RHYTHM GUITAR- Rabble Rouser

KEYBOARDS- Radiant Chord

MANAGER- Dream Breeze

PRODUCER- Lucky Penny

If you'd like to join the band, please PM me!

:D

"Yes, inside," came a voice from outside, female and with a musical quality to it. A door opened, and a large Earth Pony carefully entered the garage, delicately handling a keyboard. "Anywhere will do, I'll set it up myself." The source of the voice trotted in after the Earth Pony, a somewhat tall, if a bit imposing, Pegasus. Her coat was a shiny bronze, and her long main and tail were done up in the simplest of braids simply to keep them from getting in the way when she moved. Watching the Earth Pony set down the keyboard with a critical eye, she nodded in satisfaction when he stepped back.

"Thank you. You can wait outside until we're done," she said, in friendly tone. When the Earth Pony didn't move, a look of concern on her face, she sighed and rolled her eyes. "Yes, I know Father wants you to watch me. Outside. Now." Watching the stallion step outside once more, the Pegasus took a deep breath, a shiver running through her, making her wings flutter. When she opened her eyes again she was smiling. "So sorry you had to see that. When I heard about a band forming, I just had to jump on board. My name is Radiant Chord, and..." she gestured with a hoof at the keyboard "... I'll be your keyboardist."

Lightning watched as Dream Breeze and Radiant Chord entered the room, relived that some ponies had finally arrived. Although the garage wasn't too impressive, she hoped they would like the environment. She greeted them with friendly hoofshakes and smiles.

"Hello there, Dreambreeze, Radiant Chord! Welcome to the garage. I'm sorry, I haven't thought of a band name just yet. But if you two have any ideas, feel free to say. Theres some seats and snacks over there, if you wish. Although, you might want to do a sound-check, Miss Chord. And who was that earth pony?"

Lightning realised that Radiant Chord was probably accustomed to much fancier food than what she had offered, considering it was a fruit tray and some chips. She felt very nervous.

Radiant Chord cringed when she heard Lightning Dancer call her "Miss Chord". She knew it was only polite, but still, formality had grown a bit... abrasive... after so many years of being stuck with it. "Please, it's just Radiant. Or Chord. Whichever you prefer." She gave Lightning a friendly, reassuring smile, knowing how nervous the other pony was. That look on their face was the same she got before a performance. "And that pony just now was... I guess you could call him my handler. One of them. They tend to get nervous when I leave the estate... but tough luck. I wanted to be in this band, and they're not going to stop me."

Realizing she was being rather foalish, Radiant blushed lightly, trying to cover her slip-up by trotting over to the snacks. "Anyways... ooo, strawberries!" Whatever she was going to have said was forgotten as she happily ate a strawberry, picking another one up with her teeth and carrying it back to the keyboard. Popping it into her mouth, she set up her keyboard, playing a few chords and adjusting some of the dials. "Anyways, he shouldn't be too much of a bother. If he is, just let me know."

Lightning smiled as she saw Radiant begin to eat some of her strawberries. She liked them! Thank goodness! Radiant seemed very polite and kind, but perhaps a bit weary. Lightning felt sorry that she was so smothered by her parents. Lightning's parents let her do whatever he pleased, and she wouldn't want it any other way!

"Thank you, Radiant. I'm not too concerned with the handlers, although I'm sorry they give you grief. I can't imagine the feeling that gives you. I'm glad you like the strawberries, though! While cherries are MY personal favourite, these particular strawberries are from a good friend of mine named Fields Forever. I personally think she has the best farm in Equestria."

Penny wasn't choosy at what places the band met. However borrowing a garage just didn't seem right to her. It was clear they needed a place where the band could rest, practice and just hang out. She made a mental note to ask her father if he could spare one of the vacant supply rooms in their store and convert it into sort of a small studio for the band.

She trotted in to the garage deep in thought. Calculating expenses for supplies, food, equipment and other things was something she did proudly and right now she was in deep thought as she plopped right next to a table with her notebook open. Receipts, notes and other papers piled right in front of her. She sighed as she gestured swinging her hooves in the air mimicking hitting a golf ball with a club. It's been a while since she'd hit the Manehattan greens. She missed playing golf but business needed to come first.

She scratched her mane as she sat on her haunches slumping on the table.

Lightning noticed Penny trot into the garage, and she smiled and greeted her with a friendly disposition. But it didn't take a genius to notice that Penny was deep in thought. Her head was practically stuck inside her notebook, and it looked uncomfortable.

"Penny?" Lightning asked, trying to get the mare's attention away from her work. She could sort things out later, this was a time to hang out and brainstorm. Lightning had promised herself to keep the environment light, and it was to stay that way!

Heavy hoofsteps were heard closing in on the garage, steps that were soon to be revealed as belonging to a extremely tired looking Rabble Rouser. She slouched at the entrance and let out a tiresome sigh. Without any real recent work latel she was struggled to get back into the swing of things.

"Hey...I hope Im not late?" She smiled in a nervous manner, whilst she was with the band, she still wasnt seen much around ponyville. She was practicly the new girl and First impressions meant everything.

(ooc: The timing in my posts might be pretty odd what with being in Britain. As a side note I will be away for awhile at school!)

(Its okay, WhiteSlash :) )

As Rabble Rouser entered the room Lightning smiled. The band was really assembling now! She couldn't wait to get started playing with these guys, she missed playing music with a group.

"Actually, Rabbie, you're right on time. Take a seat, have some snacks, get to know your other band members! We'll rehearse in a bit."

Things were going smoothly, and Lightning smiled. Yes indeed, she was a GOOD band leader! Suddenly, a letter popped up in the garage with a flash of green light. With concern, Lightning opened it, and read it aloud.

"Dear Lightning Dancer,

Terribly sorry, but I have the Feather Flu. I may not be able to make it to the rehearsal after all. I will try my best, but I make no guarantees.

Sincerely,

Wish Bone."

Lightning Dancer's heart sunk in disapointment. If Wish Bone could not drum, the rhythm section would be solely her! She hoped the band didn't fall apart. Disapointed cries filled the air, and Lightning sighed before turning to the others again.

Rabble planted herself firmly on a seat and began to scan the range of treats hoping one would catch her eye. Normally she was shy in other ponies houses, nopony likes to impose but she had skipped breakfast and she was soon scoffing down many tasty biscuits.

She barely heard the news over her loud chewing. "Aw hay! I suppose its for the best, I mean the quickest cure is rest."

Rabble smiled at the other ponies with hopes to console them. "Well. We're all still here."

Lightning nodded, thinking about her good friend Wish Bone. She had been so excited to hear they would be in a band together, now he was sick! Of course, this wouldn't be the only rehearsal, but it just wouldn't be the same without him. She paced around nervously, hoping the best for the band's future. She watched as other ponies interacted, noticing that she was still missing Life Line, Iron Rainbow, and Deep Bass. She couldn't start the rehearsal without them. She shrugged and decided to start the first topic of conversation.

"Hi there, everyone. I'm going to start this first band meeting up by saying hello, and welcome! You all know me, but my name is Lightning Dancer. I'm a filly, just out of school, and I've been playing bass for a while now. I'm also in the AeroBlades. I think we should all introduce ourselves to one another, and make this whole thing just a little less awkward."

Despite her good intentions, it was already very awkward. Hardly anypony knew each other, and Lightning barely knew some of these people at all! Her stomach felt the cold butterflies of nerves.

Rabble noticed that this was Lightnings way of taking her mind off the current obstacles and decided it was best to participate. Afterall she was still quite new to ponyville. Since she returned there were few faces she really recognized. This was her chance to make that all so important first impression.

"Nice to meet ya. My names Rabble Rouser, I aint' quite the filly I used to be, but I still got a lot of tricks. I used to play in another band and with that I can play a few instruments, sing a little and even write songs. Passions guitar though."

Her confidcence was clear in her tone of voice and the way she carried herself. This was something she was going to try extremely hard in. She receeded back into her chair and nodded to finish off her introduction.

(ooc: Back to school! To learn the james bond theme on guitar :D)

Playing a few notes on her keyboard, Radiant Chord nodded, mostly to herself, happy that she had gotten the instrument sounding correctly. At the silence in the room she looked up, a questioning look on her face. She had only been half paying attention as she had set up the keyboard, so she wasn't immediately aware of what was going on. "Oh!" she exclaimed after taking a moment to replay the conversation in her head. "I'll go next, yes?"

"My name is Radiant Chord," she said to the group, giving the assembled ponies a friendly, cheerful smile. "Can't say I ever went to a proper school, my parents had me taught by tutors at home." She shrugged, idly playing part of a waltz on the keyboard, the sound set very low. "I'm a classically trained pianist... but, honestly? I like modern music better."

Speed. Gotta be fast. Bass was late again. Yet another prank from the pale yellow techno pony who he called a foalhood friend being the culprit. It had to be Midsy. Who else would think to turn the bells of his alarm clock into cheese but Midsy, or Bass's marefriend's sisters?

Bass was flying as hard and fast as he could with his Dean Dave Mustang artist model V-shaped guitar slung across his back, his amber aviators keeping the wind out of his eyes, allowing him to keep his eyes ahead. He was invited to a band practice in Ponyville, and he was actually kind of excited to be playing in another band, after his fall from grace a few years back. Although, the whole practicing in a garage thing just wouldn't do. He wondered if he should mention both the home studio that he had in his house, or the isolated practice building that his father had passed down to him.

Before he could decide, he was there. He landed carefully, making sure that his most beloved guitar was safe. He trotted into the practice space, and smiled awkwardly, trying to catch his breath. "Sorry... I'm late... everypony... alarm clock... cheese..."

After a moment of catching his breath, he finally decided to introduce himself. "I'm Deep Bass, the original Bassist, and Vocalist for the band Quikhor5. And now, I'll be playing Lead Guitar for you."

Life Line was galloping faster than she had ever galloped before. Her legs were hurting, but she was sure that she'd get over that as soon as she got to the garage. Life was usually so organised, why'd she have to go and mix the dates up? It was such an inconvenience! Not for her; but for her new band members.

Life Line skidded straight into the garage after Bass, panting heavily.

She just stood there panting, her long black and pink mane plastered over her face. She gasped some more; she didn't even have the breath to reply.

Once she had calmed down a little, she looked up, smiling faintly. "Life Line! Pleased to meet you everypony. Handy to have a nurse around, no?" she tried a stab at lousy humour, trying to ignore the stitch in her side. She smiled at the filly, who looked around her age, if not a little younger. "Lightning, right? I didn't know if you really needed me today, but I figured there'd be no harm in attending."

post-2778-0-50652400-1336113293_thumb.pn

Iron Rainbow trotted into the garage, well-aware he was more than fashionably late. He hadn't expected to get mobbed by fans who'd somehow caught word of his arrival, and had had to sign some autographs and such while waiting for his security to get there. He burst into the practice area shortly after the young male who was muttering something about alarm clocks and cheese and the nurse.

"Hey, there, everypony! My name's Iron Rainbow, and I'm very, very late, for which I apologize." He walked over to a seat and took it, eying the snacks but figuring he should get his introduction out of the way first. "For those who don't know, I'm the vocalist of rock band Black Solstice. Pleasure to meet you all." He stood up and gave a graceful, flashy bow, then sat down again.

FILLED POSITIONS

SINGER- Iron Rainbow (HighRoller)

SECOND SINGER- Life Line (CrimsonNova)

LEAD GUITAR- Deep Bass (DeepBass)

DRUMS- Wish Bone (CrescentBlaze)

BASS- Lightning Dancer (SonicRainboomGirl)

PRODUCER- Lucky Penny (Xiee)

RHYTHM GUITAR- Rabble Rouser (WhiteSlash)

MANAGER- Dream Breeze (Bronynumber299)

Hey guys, heres the posting order^ Looks like Life Line is next!

Life Line grinned at Iron Rainbow. "So you're going to be the main vocalist?" she asked him, tilting her head.

Her face fell a little. She wasn't a pony to judge another pony by their appearance, but she was a little concerned with how the two were going to get along, especially when they had a duet to perform. Iron Rainbow just looked rather ... fierce. She was starting to feel nervous; something a little bit foreign to Life Line.

She glanced around to the others, wondering if anypony else was thinking, or feeling the same.

Bass had found the snack table, and had already eaten a good fraction of his body weight in fruits, crackers, cupcakes, and cookies. After realizing that he was indeed at a band practice, he made himself a cup of coffee, and sat down at the table, giving a quick glance around at his bandmates. "Well, it's good to know that I'm not the only one here with prior performance experience. Now, if I may state, I do have a few more... suitable places where we can practice, besides somepony else's garage. My dad had a small building built for his band to practice. We can use that, if you want."

"Penny?"

Penny rose up to greet Lightning. She tried to hide her concern with a smile as she closed her notebook and arranged the receipts in order. The band needed to make some sort of income soon or she'd be digging her hooves into her money pouch just to get by. Dream had mentioned a few gigs here and there but hadn't heard from him since.

"Oh hi Lightning." She smiled. "Sorry, I'm a bit out of it. Just a lot on my plate right now."

She absentmindedly flapped her wings a few times and sighed. Aside from the band, she had other problems right now. Her father decided to take a long vacation and put her in charge of the family's department store in Manehattan. Plus, the Manehattan Golf Club's main clubhouse was undergoing renovations. She needed to juggle through these responsibilities all at once. For the moment, she locked up those thoughts and gave her full attention to Lightning.

"Can I help you?"

Rabble rose up and snatched her guitar up from where it was propped. She flung her guitar over her back and pulled her chair up against a wall. Positioning herself once again in a swinging manner she began to tune her instrument. It had been a long time since she last played and even longer since she played professionally.

Her guitar was badly out of tune and to make matters worse she was developing a migrane. Today was quite simply not her day. She let slip a tired sigh. "Aw it's gonna be a long day..."

With that she zoned out completely as she took to mending her faveoured instrument.

(ooc: sorry for taking so long.)

Edited by WhiteSlash

Radiant Chord looked from pony to pony. So far, this had been an... interesting... first practice. She knew that artists could be interesting ponies, and musicians were no exception to the rule, but there didn't really seem to be any... consistency with the band. Then again, this was just the first practice, and she hadn't met many of these ponies before. Well, really, any, other than the little correspondence needed to get into the band in the first place.

Well, here went nothing... "So... anypony got any ideas for the band focus?" she asked nopony in particular, resting a hoof on her keyboard. "We can go just about any way, really. We have the instrument and talent for any genre we want, for the most part. And I don't particularly mind which genre we lean towards... as long as it's not..." Radiant shuddered "... classical. I do enough of that already. I'd suggest something more... technical, but I'm not sure how that would work out for vocals."

(Okay guys, forget the posting order, it clearly isn't working very well! :/ )

Once introductions were out of the way, Lightning decided that it was about time they'd rehearsed. After all, she'd never played with these musicians before, and she had no idea how each would play, or act onstage. The thought made her a bit nervous, infact. What if they were no good? What would she do then? It had taken her a long time to gather the musicians!

"Alright, let's get started with the rehearsal!" Lightnning said with slightly forced, nervous enthusiasm. She leapt from her chair, wings fluttering behind her, and landed over by her bass gracefully. She put it around her shoulder, and readjusted the strap. She plugged it into the amp, then awaited the other musicians in anticipation.