A mechanized Stranger. [ Open to all ]

The guard backed up a bit at the sudden burst of anger from the armoured pegasus. As far as she knew robots couldn't express anger, so she guessed that cleared that up. She had also been kind of jerky too them. "Sorry about that," she said with a sigh. "I was just doing my job. It's good to see ponies taking an interest in Nightmare Night again. You're right about the fabric thing. Last time Lance went as a ghost by just throwing a bed sheet on himself with holes for eyes. Anyway, safe travels." She nodded and then continued trotting away.

"Nice one, Nemesis," Sketch said with a friendly smile. "Let's get to my place then. Not much further."

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats funny is that nemesis had recently become very interested in this nightmare night. he would love to see what its all about. "and safe journeys to you" he nodded to the guard then looked at sketch and greys avatar "good. I gotta make a few adjustments to this outfit anyway" he said the last part with a wink to avoid further suspicion.

Sketch turned back to to Nemesis as he walked. "If you're house hunting then this is one of the better districts... unless you strike it rich and can afford to live up by the Castle." Sketch turned back to face forwards. "We're here," he announced proudly as he pointed to a small cottage that looked ridiculously out of place in between two large condos. The cottage looked much more like Ponyville architecture than the typical sweeping designs of Canterlot. Sketch trotted up to the front door and unlocked it, before pushing it wide open. "If you'll take a seat in the lounge just there, then we can plan our next course of action." Once the two robots were inside, Sketch trotted in too and closed the door behind him. The lounge was an odd blend of modern and rustic. Comfy fabric sofas sat clashed with the large wooden coffee table. A large screen TV sat atop an oaken stand. The room couldn't seem to decide what time period to stay in. Sketch gestured to the sofas and asked, "Anything to eat, drink, or is that a stupid question?"

Nemesis was amazed at the unicorns home.it was both old and new at the same time, it kind of reminded nemesis of himself, he got comfy on the sofa thankfully he did not weight a ton and the sofa supported his metal body with ease.

"um..do you have any high grade oil??" he replied when sketch asked if they wanted drinks. He then gazed at the TV it was off at the moment but he could not find a remote device to turn it on.

Nemesis heard a real commotion outside before banging on the door. with the home owner occupied he took it upon himself to answer the door. He opened the door to find a panic struck yellow pony at the door "Can I be of assistance?" he said in a rather robotic, unlike him manner.

He then noticed a rather frantic crowd of ponies approaching this house "oh Buck" he thought to himself as he left a rather big gap in the door way for the yellow pony to slip through...

Sketch had always considered himself asexual. He'd never actively participated in anything but a platonic relationship with his work colleagues and friends, but this new mare was awakening something inside him that he'd never felt before. Something primal began to surge through his system. Desire began to attack his better judgement. He stared transfixed as the mare ducked behind a chair. Her eyes were the very picture of innocence and beauty. Sketch found his body attempting to move forwards without his consent. *Stop it! She's clearly distressed. Ask what's wrong! Come on, move your lips. You've done this a million times before.* Sketch then proceeded to make a noise that could only be described as the mating call of a dugong.

Sketch instantly felt blood surge to his cheeks in embarrassment. *That could not have gone worse.* He tried once more to rationalise his thoughts. The good host inside him suddenly made it well aware that there was now a living guest in his house. Sketch turned slightly to the side in the hopes that not looking at her would result in some modicum of sanity. "Arghle bleh," he announced to the room and wandered off into the kitchen.

Once inside his body began to listen to instruction again. His tongue still felt like a slab awkwardly shoved into his mouth, but at least his hooves were obeying him. He set about doing what he always did when he felt nervous. Making tea. *Surely even robots could appreciate a good brew?*

Been a machine nemesis did not fall victim to whatever sketch just fell victim to just now. still he was impressed that he residted so well. Nemesis had to sort this out, he approached the yellow mare and simple said the following "scanning....Warning! traces of magical liquid detected....some sort of potion to make the opposite gender attracted to you!

He turned to the kitchen..sketch was safe for the moment "The potion has no effect on machines such as myself. you are free to come out from there..."

((OOC: Sorry it took me a while, my computer derped up... :P ))

"Actually, Sketch, I would like a drink. It's about time to test the DES. That is, Digestional Energy System. It acts as a pony digestional tract would, and converts food into energy, only it is a bit more efficien with it, producing less waste. All well and good, considerring how much energy these SHOULD take, but I worked around that. Anyway, I'm headed over on the next train, but there are...some ponies that aren't quite happy with me. Kinda a long story. Short version, I will need to stay here and send out this thing." Grey Steel motioned at itself with it's hoof, "Instead of myself."

All the while, Grey Steel had been scanning Insanity Dash, and produced a readout for Grey Matter:

Name: Insanity Dash

Affiliation: None

Alignment: Seems to be good

Talents: Runner, high ability of speed.

Ailments:

• Permanant:
  • Slightly insane
  • Temporary:
  • Love Pherenome

Other: Possibly related to Rainbow Dash.

Assessment: Strong Ally. Best to keep happy.

"Oh...I forgot about that...Well, erm, Insanity, do you know how long this pheremone lasts? I happen to be in a relationship, so either it can go naturally, or I can have Grey Steel here disinfect you before I arrive. Up to you."

((EDIT: To avoid miscommunication, Grey did not read the readout out loud. That is exposition, Insanity does not know the details of the readout, so any corrections to the readout take place out of character.))

Sketch re-entered the room carrying a tray with a teapot and four china mugs on it. The floral pattern marked it out as the good tea set that once belonged to his grandmother, rather than the ugly clay thing he used when he was alone. With the tea there was a bowl of sugar cubes along with a small jug of milk. The tray also contained an assortment of biscuits. "I didn't know how you take your tea so if its alrargle yargh..." his accent once again degenerated into thick nonsense as he caught a glimpse of the yellow mare from the corner of his eye. *Damn* Sketch sighed loudly and set the tea tray down on the table. He poured four mugs of tea and then realised he was completely incapable of communicating the possibility of milk and sugar. Rather than rationally set about talking to Nemesis quietly, Sketch thought it would be a bright idea to make ridiculously overexaggerated movements in the rough direction of the sugar and milk. *I hate you right now body.*

Grey Matter was waiting at the train station, not using his full system, but just a computer on which enter commands. Still, he saw enough from Sceths, and had Grey Steel walk over. Grey Steel did not have any control over volume, so instead, he simply printed out a note to pass to Sketch. It read: "That isn't the pheremone causing you to act that way, is it? Did you know her before this happened?"

Nemesis went to the window to find ponies franticly looking in every nook and cranny nearby "What ever this potion did it certain has strong effects" he turns to sketch suddenly when his words became jumbled up "its even having an effect on sketch here" He went over to him and did a scan "yep...oh my...heart rate elevated..You should avoid eye contact with this yellow pegasus until the potion has ran its course"

he looked at the tea and in a rather humorus addition to his design a small straw came out from his voice box and drank it down in 30 seconds "Ah! that was nice and healthy for my power core!" he said in a happy manner.

Sketch suddenly had something of an epiphany as Grey handed him a note. He lit up his horn and opened the saddlebags that he had discarded into the corner magically. He then levitated over his sketchbook and a pencil. In a quick cursive script he wrote, "I had seen her around town before. She's never been quite so attractive electric powerful in her mareliness qualities. She's always stuck out, but there's something extraordinary special about her right now. I think it must be these pheromones to some degree. Not that she isn't breathtakingly beautiful without them." To punctuate his point he flipped back through the sketch book and showed Grey a page full of various doodles and sketches of Insanity Dash in various poses, from winning poses to running and jumping.

He then flipped back to a blank page and turned to face Insanity Dash. Despite the pencil shaking in its magical hold, he wrote, "I hope I haven't offended you with my poor hosting skills. Help yourself to tea and biscuits. If you need or want anything else, don't hesitate to ask." He then stopped and showed the page to her assuming that she'd be able to read it. If he had looked at her face then he would have seen otherwise, but instead he turned it back around and hurriedly scribbled "The name's Sketch by the way." Before rotating it back around so she could see it.

Once he was satisfied that he'd given her enough time to read it, he turned the book to Nemesis. "No Duh. I'm trying but it's kind of hard. If you want more then just pour yourself another cup. There's also biscuits if you want to give eating a try."

Grey Matter got on the train to Canterlot.

Grey Steel printed out another sheet: "Well, lucky you then. I mean, she IS here now. My readout on her doesn't even BEGIN to touch on her physiology, but I can tell you this, according to the readout, it is best to include her, she doesn't seem like a bad pony. So, as long as you can keep yourself under control, you should have a chance with her. Besides, I'll be your wingcolt once I arrive."

Satisfied that his hosting duties had been completed, Sketch took a cup and sat back on the sofa with Nemesis. He took a sip and realised he'd forgotten to add any sugar and milk. He twinged visibly at the strong taste of tea. Sketch had something of a sweet tooth, although he liked to keep that to himself. He levitated three sugar cubes and dropped them into his drink. The absolute minimum for him. He then added some milk for good measure and stirred with a spoon. Sitting up he realised the room had been silent for at least thirty seconds now. Sketch being unable to talk, Insanity being unwilling to talk, and Nemesis being blissfully unaware of how awkward a silence could be. Grey seemed to be alternating between being here in the room and being elsewhere, probably wherever his real body was. On a train didn't he say? Sketch sipped his drink again. He honestly didn't have a clue of what to do now. He had dragged the robot to Canterlot, along with another robot that was apparently an avatar of its owner who was now on the way himself. Didn't Grey mention his workshop? Wait, what time is it?

"Anypony got the time?" Sketch asked loudly, then suddenly realised he had spoken clearly and jumped up in joy. "I did it! Even though Insanitgl arfle..." He stopped as his speech degraded again into a thick sloppy mess. The two other ponies stared at him as he sat down again and made a spirited attempt to shrink into the chair. *Okay, Sketch. It seems that you can speak when you're not thinking about her. That's useful right? No, no it isn't. Well, it's somewhat useful. Just not to her. Or you really. Wait did one of them reply?*

Nemesis burst out into laughter when sketches speech became a mess again "Oh I'm sorry but...but" he again burst into laughter and collapsed to the floor with a thud "ooohhh my circuits that was just.... hilarious!" He soon got back up and answered sketches question "its just gone half past 2 grey should be here soon"

Sketch leapt to his hooves with a cry of, "Irl Grob!" He then galloped out of the doorway and then the house before the others could react. Once he was outside and the pheromones no longer filled the air, he began to think more clearly again. *I hope that Insanity doesn't think I'm avoiding her! But then again, aren't I? Does it count if I say its the pheromones? Bah, it makes sense I should go, I live in Canterlot and I can't expect a guest to do it, that's now what good hosts do.* Happy that he managed to rationalise his need to leave, he trotted quickly to the train station. After weaving through a few streets he arrived at the squat long building with its overly large platforms, and took position in what he hoped was an easily visible spot.

Grey Matter's train pulls up.

Grey Steel shuts down.

Grey Matter steps out, and seeks out the one that looks like what was projected to him. Eventuall, he finds Sketch. "Hello? Sketch, is that you? It's me! Grey Matter. You may not know the face, but surely you recognize the voice, yes?"