The Battle of Ponyville... [open to all]

Soarin

The sun was harsh, but the land was even more so. A baren wasteland now lays over the once sprawling town of Ponyville. Tribes of ponies have gathered together to survive, and battles between them arose. A new republic was first formed by the higher authorities after the bomb went off, but many other tribes rival them for supremisy. The Pony Republic is one of the better suited tribes trying to hang onto any old aspects of life. They constantly try to overtake other clans and bring safety and constitution to the encampments. A large empire closely related to cannibalistic Indians are the Great Hooves. This tribe has chosen a dictatorship over a democracy, and the supreme ruler, Caeser, has not been seen for years. The last substantial group are the High Rollers. They dwell in the parts of town that were not completely decimated in the blast. They have a moderately stable economy, and they are considered the medium between the Pony Republic and the Great Hooves. The High Rollers remain neutral, but some of the members side with a certain group whom they feel will prevail.

(OOC: I understand that this is similar to Fallout: New Vegas, and that is what I'm going for. The technology level is based on the one shown in game *stimpak (health pack) irradiated items, laser weapons, guns, melee weapons, explosives etc.* If anypony has suggestions to better this thread, message me or post OOC.)

Patrolling the dunes of rubble and scraps, Midnight Blade came along a damaged fountain that may have previously belonged to the town before the explosion. His limbs ache with every step, but his thirst propelled him onward. When he reached the fountain, he dove into the shallow water and began to cleanse himself of any dirt and grime. He stepped out of the makeshift bathtub and drank for almost five minutes. There was never a more satisfying feeling than that water hitting his dry, cracked tonge.

(OOC: Sounds interesting, but if you're going for the real New Vegas feel, I think you might have to move this to the 18+ section. A quick glance shows two Fallout Equestria fics in progress over there, but I'm assuming you're looking more for the New Vegas aspects. Opening prologue is a little confusing too, why is it in second person? Wondering about the tech level on top of that. Y'know have we got guns and stims? Then again I'm quite a Fallout fan. I'll bite. Tell me if this isn't what you were wanting. Just realized that there's also a crossover forum with a future section. These Fallout crossovers get everywhere.)

Gold Dust gave his cart one last hard push, but the wheels were stuck tight in the hole. "Damn Raiders and their traps. If Aces hears about this, they're going to wish they'd never been born," the sandy brown unicorn grumbled. He clambered into the cart and pulled out a worn set of saddlebags, and set about gathering the necessary supplies for the trot to the nearest settlement. *Right. Bottled water. Check. Lever action shotgun with a few slugs. Check. Combat knife. Check. Assorted dried fruits. Check.* The unicorn clambered back off of the cart with his prizes. The thing was still laden with assorted items though, from toasters to rockets. The big circled "A" on the side should keep away all but the pluckiest or stupidest of scavengers. Nopony messes with one of the heads of the High Rollers and gets away with it. Anypony who tries to steal from the cart is a marked pony.

Gold Dust turns from the cart, and looks up to the top of the nearest hill. He'd been along the route enough times to know that a small independent settlement lay just on the other end of the valley. All he had to do was haul himself there, invoke Aces's name, and then bring back some volunteers to get this cart sorted out. Easy as pie. Gold trotted up to the top of the hill and looked into the distance. A thick blanket of smoke rose from the other side of the valley. Something was wrong. (OOC: Since this is a total knock-off of Nipton, can I call it Poniton?)

(OOC: Nice name for Nipton, and that would be a great idea to use Poniton! Just one question, though. Are these supposed to be written in first, second, or third person? I wrote the intro in 2nd person, but the last paragraph I was kind of giving people a starting point? I think I'll take that out and just have the explanation of the surrounding areas and clans. Do you think this should be moved into the +18? New Vegas, I mean PonyVille, does get gruesome here and there. I assume your supposed to write in present tense and 3rd person, right? Also, I am a bit nervous about moving it to the 18+ section. The other ponies already have a pretty solid foundation, but I haven't seen very many aspect of New Vegas in either of them expect for one paragraph about a reference to Mr. New Vegas and his talk show.)

(OOC: Well I just assumed that that was your particular starting point actually, as having every joining character with the same intro would be rather difficult. I prefer to write in third person, but a few of the users here use first. I haven't seen anypony rping with second person though, it doesn't really work as it's your character, isn't it? The explanation was pretty solid, a Pony twist on New Vegas, only real question I'd have from that is the local settlements. Ponyville was only a small town in the show, not a sprawling metropolis like Vegas, so is this an all over Equestria thing, or just localised to Ponyville? I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure that this part of the forum is meant to be "rated E for everypony". I wouldn't want to anger the mods, so it might be best to take this somewhere where we can gleefully explode ghoul's heads in vivid detail. Most of the Fallout roleplays actually seem based on Fallout: Equestria specifically, so being based on New Vegas should make it slightly different in itself, yes? I just don't want to be getting warning posts or mod complaints. As I said before there's also a future section in the crossover forum that houses fics like this too. I think either are fine. It's your Rp though, so you've got the final say. We could just try and keep it PG. I'm sure gunshots and stabbing are fine if we don't delve into too much detail.)

(OOC: Sure, but if we're looking for the hardcore Fallout rpers then we might need to work on longer posts. Have you seen those threads? They post like mini stories. We could make this more casual, but then there's the fact that quite a few rpers don't stray into the 18+ section. What do you need my help with? Do you just want me to keep posting, or should we try and make a proper scenario? Then again if it's pretty much New Vegas, then its written itself.)

((I think it would be a great idea to make a proper scenario, but should we create a story line of our own, or build off of the one already started for us? I was also contemplating an Amnesia: The Dark Descent RP, but I not sure if anypony would be interested.))

(OOC: Haven't actually played Amnesia. Hear a lot about it and seen a few LPs, but my laptop won't support the shaders or some junk like that. What video games are you obsessed about? There's bound to be some cross over.)

(OOC: Ack. I meant overlap between games we both frequently play. We could try Amnesia I guess. From what I can gather it's about an evil scientist that experiments on people in a big creepy house? Or am I completely wrong?)