Konjiki no cardcaptor ponémon the gathering!

Ashton

Konjiki no cardcaptor ponémon the gathering! (Friendship is Mon's?)

This is an idea I had in reference to a comment someone made after I've had ~42 hours of sleep deprivation and more caffeine than most members drink in a month... At the moment I'm planning if this still seems as good of an idea in the morning to flesh out the plot, write scripts, and animate it. (yeah, part of me hopes when I've had some sleep I'll decide it's insane and stupid...) Sorry the information, especially in the last part, isn't organized too well and is a little ambiguous, happens when your this tired. So anyway, thoughts, comments, and suggestions please!

Basic plot:

Every(?) pony in equestria (Only X number?) receives a mon (species name not decided yet) which relates to their nature. These Mons will be raised for a month as pets (though during which they will exhibit their special powers), at which point they will gain the ability to speak and will explain they are part of a competition for (undecided prize) and their (master?trainer?sensai?) must help them by recovering their spell cards from various dangerous locals (guarded by a dragon, hidden in a maze, etc) They start with their single card, which can only be used (6?) times per (hour?) and does minimal damage to other mons (though possibly severe damage to the environment or ponies if misused) some cards will be attacks, some defense, Some Stat-change (increase speed, inflict sleep, etc) some utility (non-battle unless used creatively) some will be "jokes" (either worthless or used as a distraction) Cards will have a per-battle or per-hour use of 1-(6?), once used up they cannot be used again that battle --- some will be only single-use ever and burn to cinders when used. The goal for the ponies will be to build multiple "Decks" for different battles, adventures, and everyday fun.

Some ponies will embrace their mon and will become close friends, some will see them as tools no different than a hammer. Some mons will be keeping their eye on the goal and not care how their treated "every time s/he uses me I get stronger!" others will be upset/hurt/etc if they're treated badly, some wont even want to be part of the competition.

After a battle, a mon is defeated and may either sent back to where they come from, or killed out-right, depending on their opponent's mindset/temperament/etc. (of course some of the kinder mons/ponies will allow defeated opponents to just escape, but the goal of the competition is to be the last mon remaining, so ultimately all will be forced to fight.

Twilight - Magic/Faerie "Evil" (tries to get twilight to use the more powerful/dangerous spells --- the kind that if used near the end of a battle can KILL your opponent --- wants to win at ANY AND ALL COSTS!!!)

Rarity - illusion?/beautiful

Dash - Lightning/Hawk "Blitz Strike"

Pinkie - Water/Silly "Hime" (a Harlequin motif?) "I don't want to fight her she's funny" "but I WANT to fight!"

Flutters - "all"/Animal (shapeshifts from cute to ferocious to monster: Wolf (speed), Tiger (Agility), rock-Dragon (Strength --- rocks don't always overlap showing glimpses of muscles, bones, and internal organs as it moves "...you turned into a monster...") --- Flutters doesn't want to fight it but does because it "wants" too --- learns all too late that it only fought because she "wanted" it too, it never wanted to fight)

AJ- Physical (Big, Strong, but Slow (except under certain cards influence))

AB- Metal (Metal sphere that reshapes it's body?)

SB - sound/cute

Scoot - speed/flight (very pointy design)

Trixie - Illusion (pale blue feline with a cape and a white star on her forehead, green eyes)

Celestia - Light/Firefly

Luna - Darkness (Orb of black with yellow eyes, obscured by a black cloud)

Shining Armor - Defense/Living shield

Diamond Tierra - Poison/Snake

??? - Flight/Beetle

??? - Poison/Mushroom

??? - attack/Living Sword

??? - Poison/Green Sphere

??? - Plants/Flower

??? - Water/Seahorse (ultimate attack turns into a water dragon)

Welp, not a single reply, apparent I was right - this WAS just one huge sleep-deprivation-induced-insanity spawned horseapple...

Maybe eventually I'll come up with an idea that's popular and I *can* make a series out of it...

well I like it. I was thinkin you might be able to play on the seapony thing by having Lyra control the water/seahorse thingy. Plants/flowers has got to be granny smith methinks, and then I figure snails and skips might share one (XD) and its the poison mushroom thingy.

I thought about the Lyra joke there, wasn't sure whether to make it or not

O_o Plants for Granny? ...I suppose it could work given her odd affinity for the Zap Apples... or maybe for some dark humor I'd give her what appears to be a timber wolf cub *evil grin*

I so like the idea of some of the foals sharing one... why would snips and snails get the poison mushroom though? (I also thought about the CMC as a whole sharing one, but it would be hard to get _1_ mon that fit with all their conflicting personalities)

Very amusing deductions... Though I'm still torn on how many of these things get passed out... I think to give absolutely every pony one would make the whole thing too long... maybe like 50? 100? (some get defeated off-screen, of course, so I cant have too small of a number...) and I wonder where they came from, or if they just appeared in a box marked "FOR ADOPTION TO A GOOD HOME" one night...