[Stalliongrad] The long arm (and Hammer) of the Law [Closed]

Bannhammer

Another day, another contract. Unfortunately, this one just so happened to land Martel in a city he absolutely loathed. Compared to the average town in Germaney, Stalliongrad was a dirty, disgusting, sprawling, derelict, nasty town filled with terrible drink and starving masses. Martel Von Starkhuf didn't hate the ponies and gryphons that lived here, he found them rugged and charming, traits that he missed from his home. The city itself just elicited a nausea from the Stallion that left him on the threshold of retching every ten minutes or so. Why, out of all the places on the map, did his target choose to take refuge here?

"Verdammt, Ich hasse das." he muttered to himself.

The mercenary always followed the contract, no matter where it took them, if only his client hadn't offered so many bits... That was beside the point, all Martel wanted to focus on now was simply finding his target and taking care of them, then he could go home! The job was just to deliver a message, a very violent message with plenty of exclamation points and property damage.

Well, the town certainly lived up to expectations. Martel found himself wandering a narrow street, lined with dirt and grime and even dirtier ponies. He tossed a couple bits there way and continued on, not giving them a second glance. Normally he'd be far friendlier, but he was on the clock. The large stallion reached a dead end in the alley and grunted in frustration. This was getting ridiculous, he was never going to find the pony he was looking for if he continued to play it safe. Darn the consequences, he needed to find this guy and SOON.

Martel reached into his tunic and pulled out Zornstahl, his most prized possession that happened to be a massive hammer. He observed it in the dirty light, and after giving it a quick polish with his cloak to remove the thin layer of grime, he attached it to the end of his tail. The large mercenary gave it a few experimental swings before slamming it into a nearby wall, fracturing it and nearly smashing right through the thing.

Smiling and filled with a sense of power, Martel left the dead end and let his hammer dangle behind him in plain sight. The pony he was looking had better watch out, he had a Von Starkhuf coming after him.

Argenta knew all the Ponies, Zebras, Griffons and other creatures for that matter, that roamed this part of Kuznitza. Seeing a new Pony wander in her patrol area made her drop her current patrol route and follow him closely. After disappearing into an alley she patiently waited at one of the carriage waiting sheds pretending to take a break from her patrols. The ponies that she met along the way recognized the patrolmare enough to ignore her and just wave to her. Her patrol of the are was about to end but the new pony in town seemed odd.

She was exchanging pleasantries with one of the passerby when the odd Pony emerged from the alley. This time he had a huge hammer slung to his side. That wasn't there before. Or at least she didn't see it by his side before. What was a blacksmith doing in this area? There are no forges in Kuznitza. As she looked closely, it was not a blacksmith's hammer. It was clearly a weapon. Bearing weapons in the streets were not allowed. Only licensed mercenaries, bodyguards and VIPs were allowed to carry them openly. Perhaps he was a bodyguard for some important Pony? She had to find out.

She made a bee-line towards him and made sure that he could see her VSS Uniform clearly.

"Greetings comrade..." she said in a normal serious tone. "I am Stallianguard Corporal Argenta of the 9th Cossack Battalion. I patrol these areas. You must be new in town. Are you perhaps one of the stable mercenaries or a bodyguard to some important pony?"

She tried to approach him the right way not asking about his weapon outright. Maybe some casual talk will loosen him a bit. She stood her ground proudly wondering what he would do now knowing that somepony has her eye on him. Argenta knew that from his strut, he was a fighter of some sort. She had to be careful so she couldn't help but feign a defensive stance.

Some sort of guard approached, and Martel simply snorted dismissively. Yet another of his pet peeves, authority figures. The main reason that Martel loved being a hired hoof was because he could turn down any job he didn't like, whereas ponies in uniform had to do whatever they were told, even if they found it morally unappealing. If somepony wanted Martel to beat up somepony innocent, he could just say no and trot away, but a guard? They had no choice, and saying no could get them in serious trouble. The Mercenary had little respect for those that would willingly sign away their freedom, so he tried to keep the conversation short.

"Allo, Kameraden, I am not coming from around here."

He looked down his muzzle at the mare before him, she seemed serious, but what would she gain from stopping him other than wasted time and a black eye. "I am Mercenary in Germaney, my home. If you will be excusing me..." The large, purple stallion looked away, still on the lookout for his target, and lowered his voice. "I am not having time for distractions..."

Martel gave his hammer a few swings behind him to accentuate his point, and purposefully knocked over a few nearby carts. If she tried anything, at least it would give him a few moments of entertainment before continuing on.

She was not amused that this Stallion tried to intimidate her. No pony, especially a mercenary would go unchecked like this, especially in her district. It was clear that the meant business and he had no regard for those around him. Knocking over a few carts that worker ponies used to haul food and supplies to the market was the last draw.

"Not so fast." Argenta stomped a hoof. "If you are a mercenary, where is your license? All recognized mercenary groups and individuals are issued a license at the Stable. And did you have to go that far to make a point by knocking off those carts? I'm not a simpleton as you may think."

If worse came to worse Argenta would have to defend herself. He obviously moved gracefully even with that huge hammer of his but at least Argenta could call for backup but there was no time. She still preferred to handle things delicately and in a more civil way than clashing hooves.

"Please come with me comrade. You have some explaining to do in the station."

Martel simply rolled his eyes and continued forward, giving the guardsmare a shove out of the way with his large hammer.

"I have a license, for Germaney at least, I guess I was just forgetting to check up with this stable of yours, Madchen."

The large stallion stopped and pointed towards the emblem on his tunic. "Are you seeing this? The crest of the Von Starkhufs is the only license I am needing. Now, you will let me pass and you will let me do my job or there will be more to worry about than some puny carts!"

With another snort, Martel purposefully swung his hammer near Argenta, but just a hair away from her muzzle. He had to admit, most ponies would have left by now, and the fact that she actually seemed determined to do something was impressive. However he couldn't just let one stubborn mare keep him from his paycheck.

"Do not be testing me, I would hate to be smashing such a pretty pony" He smiled, trying to throw her off with his words as he once again started to trot away.

Argenta stood her ground after the shove. She kept her cool as the hammer swung inches away from her. She was clearly going to have to show the would be mercenary some "initiative" to go with her to the station. If words didn't get to him, then perhaps her hooves will. Glancing at the Stallion's family crest indicated that he came from a proud and old family and a stubborn one at that. Argenta didn't like the shove. Nopony disrespects a VSS trooper, especially a trooper from the 9th Cossack Battalion. They were the heavy troopers for a reason. Mistaking Argenta for just another pretty face was a mistake most ponies made and they found out the hard way just how hardy she was and why she was with the Cossacks.

Argenta gave a shove back, with force.

"You've crossed the line" She said in a stern voice. "Attempted assault on a VSS officer and walking around without a mercenary license. I would have let you go with just a fine but I can see that isn't enough."

"This is your last warning comrade. Come with me or we can do this the hard way."

She took off her top coat, revealing her grey cover-all uniform and took off her Ushanka as her mane revealed its elegant black and silvery colors. Laying them both on the sidewalk, she takes a defensive battle stance as she lays out her plan of attack in her mind.

Dunder Blust couldn't believe he was in Stalliongrad again. It was too dang cold there, especially for a pony like him who enjoyed warm weather and dry climates. He couldn't understand how these other ponies could stand the cold. But, Stalliongrad wasn't too bad of a place. Especially after you've visited so many other Equestiran cities over and over that visiting your least favorite seems like a good idea.

Dunder's hooves cracked the snow as he walked upon it. He had managed to get himself lost in this unfamiliar city and found himself in this more slummier of districts. To fight off the cold, he wore his pink shirt, black hat with the red feather in it, and blue, red poofy pants, and a cloak over his body and wings that also acted as a method to conceal his rapier.

He trudged along in the snow, his head down and his eyes locked on the snow below him, when suddenly he heard something that made him look up. Something about a pony smashing another pony? He could see a military mare facing a rather large stallion with a warhammer in his tail. Could he actually be threatening a military mare right now in broad daylight? He decided to check it out..maybe even help keep the peace.

He trotted over to the ponies, right to the side of both of them, but with the mare to his right so she wouldn't see the rapier scabbard or the hilt sticking out from under the cloak. He spoke after she was done giving the stallion his last warning, "Please, ponies." He said to them both, "Could there be a way to resolve this without violence?" He asked.

The mare was tougher than he expected. She didn't flinch, not once, and she even had the guts to return his shove! This was going to be a lot of fun, even if it wouldn't last very long. Right before he could take a swing, A new pony showed up, a dressed up one at that. He spoke his piece, and...

Martel couldn't help but burst out into laughter at the sight of the strangely dressed pony trying to mediate the situation. He didn't wear a crest of any sort, or even a uniform, either he was some cheap mercenary or just some do-gooder who had no idea what he was getting himself into.

"Puny mare wishes to stop me, and now poofy pony is trying to intervene?" His booming laugh echoed throughout the narrow streets as Martel clutched at his chest. It was almost painfully funny to him. Why would anypony want to step into the middle of this? The mercenary's laugh died down into a low chuckle as he turned to face Dunder.

"Anything can be solved without violence, but the decision is not mine to be making. If this mare would simply be letting me go, then all is well. If..." he moved his head to look at Argenta dead in the eyes. "she does NOT let me go, then I am afraid that violence will have to be the solution to our problem. If you are asking me, I think that you should be leaving, I would hate to mess up those cute ruffles on your mare-pants."

The large pony scowled and swung his hammer a few more times, with the last one heading right for Argenta.

Argenta pivoted to the side as the hammer narrowly missed her. In an instant just as the hammer hit the empty space on where she used to stand, her right forehoof found its mark on the cheek of the braggart Stallion. That should make him realize that he isn't dealing with regular scum like what one may find in these streets. She was hoping that the mild punch to his face and to his ego would knock some sense into him.

"Like I said comrade," she grinned. "You can follow me back to the station or we do it the hard way."

She seemed to ignore the presence of the other stallion but said a few words to him as she concentrated on her opponent.

"Please do not concern yourself with this matter. If you wish to help, call my men from the station, they're just straight up this street only a few blocks away."

Dunder Blust was not the kind of pony to be mocked or coerced into doing something. this Germane pony's words only got Dunder mildly annoyed. He had gotten enough jokes and insults thrown at him while wearing these clothes in public to care anymore. What really got him annoyed was to see the earth stallion swing the hammer at the mare's face. She was unarmed and a mare. This Germane pony was obviously not one that was going to back off.

He backed up to avoid if the swing had followed through and was going to head for him. He pushed himself up onto his hind legs and positioned his hooves as he pushed the cloak aside. He wrapped his right fetlock around the white handle of the rapier, "Curse you and your Germane!" He said over the rasp of the blade against the scabbard. The punch the mare had delivered was just going to get him angry and he'd rather take on the stallion than let her. He ignored the mare's command, no way he was going to leave her unarmed against a large and arrogant Germany pony with a hammer.

"En garde! With me, not with the unarmed mare!" He demanded. He probably looked like an idiot or like he'd put up much of a fight with his pink shirt and poofy pants, and he didn't really care.

Martel blinked a few times, expecting to see his hammer smack into the mare, only to have her hoof smack him! He grit his teeth and put a free hoof to his cheek. She wanted him to follow her back to the station, after doing that? Well, like heck he was going to do anything she was going to say!

"Frau, I respect your dedication, but now... there is no chance that I will be following you anywhere!"

He prepared to take another swing at Argenta, but he was distracted by the meddlesome stallion. Not only did he seem committed to joining in, he actually looked like he was going to pull a weapon! If that wasn't enough, he insulted Martel's nation! That was the last straw. With a deep scowl, the mercenary turned and shouted at Dunder.

"How dare you!? This is not your fight, and why should I be wasting my time with a puny pony like you? If you are wanting, I can take down both of you! I am not afraid of your weapons..."

He grabbed at his tunic and tore it off, revealing a mass of chain maille underneath. Letting loose a loud war cry, the large stallion swung his hammer in a wide arc before launching it directly at Dunder.

The shout from the Germane pony definitely got the attention of the passerby. Those who knew Argenta grew concerned and immediately sensed trouble. Others stood to watch but a few smart ponies decided to run for the station to get some help. Their beloved patrolmare was in trouble, they knew she could handle herself in situations like these but the hammer-wielding stallion seemed too much for her.

Argenta noticed that the younger Stallion came to her aid, and noticed that he had a weapon of his own! Proklyatii etikh poni! (Curse these ponies!) Why is everypony suddenly carrying weapons around in my district? She mumbled to herself but complaining was something she didn't have the luxury of doing right now. Her opponent had removed his cloak and it revealed that he had decent armor underneath. So much for body strikes, but his head was unprotected and with all that armor, he was bound to be slow. At least she had the advantage of speed and finesse.

The now crazed hammer pony swung his huge weapon towards the young stallion. On instinct, she moved towards him and tried to deflect the hammer by striking it on the side with both a forehoof. It connected as the hammer blow struck the pavement beside the other stallion barely missing him, but Argenta paid the price. Her right forehoof throbbed but it was not too serious. She made a mental note never to do that again. If she only had a something to defend against that hammer.

Dunder smiled on the inside. His insults worked, now hed have to fight the pony, not the mare. Dunder was not afraid of this earth pony, he knew that a strong enough lunge could get through the chainmail if needed. Hopefully it wouldn't get to that, the last thing he needed was to end up in Stalliongrad jail. He could even end up in the jail as it was right now! Maybe if he convinced the mare, she could let him off the hook... but that is only if he was going to jail, first. Now he had a duel to fight.

Though, now it didn't seem like a duel. He was getting ready to dodge the hammer so he could counter and attack, but it seemed as though the mare had some fight in her to let out. She pushed the hammer away, leaving the stallion open for a counter attack. Dunder lunged, his back leg going straight and his other back leg bending at the knee as he held out the rapier as far as he could, the point of the blade heading right for Martel's foreleg, as Dunder was trying to neutralize him. He shot his other forehoof behind him at about head height as he completed the lunge.

Well well well, these ponies had some fight in them! The mare had managed to deflect his hammer, hopefully for her she could do the same once she was his target! The strangely dressed pony didn't hesitate, and he lunged at Martel with what seemed to be a giant toothpick. The Mercenary lowered his weight, moving his body low and basically crouching over his leg, allowing the rapier to scrape against the chains that protected him. While his armor offered impeccable protection for his front and sides, it merely draped over him and only covered down to a certain point, leaving his stomach wide open. Fortunately, as long as he didn't rear up, that area would be almost impossible to reach.

Martel was a trained professional, he'd face crowds of ponies before. Though, to be honest, he'd never faced a pony with the specific skill set that Dunder had, nor had he faced a pony so determined as Argenta. Hopefully, he could smack them around at bit and make his point before things got out of hoof.

"I would have let you run to lick your wounds, but now you are attacking me, and are fair game!"

The large mercenary picked his hammer up and brought it back towards him, letting it hang over his back as he started to swing it again. Martel scowled and looked at the crowd of ponies. "If anypony else is wishing to join, then your life is forfeit as well!"

To accentuate his point, Martel unleashed the hammer low, at ground level, but it rose up sharply as it approached Argenta. He kept his forelegs low and covered, in case mister poofy pants wished to try something again.

This mercenary was definitely not to be underestimated. Though the hammer seemed big and bulky, he wielded it like a school filly tossing a pencil aside. She saw the hammer coming and anticipated the upswing. He may be fast, but she was faster. Once again she sidestepped the blow but didn't counter attack this time. That hammer was no joke. She still felt a throb on her right forehoof from deflecting the blow earlier and she did not want to do that again. She had to do something to get into this fight for real.

"You there with the rapier!" She shouted to get the attention of the other pony. "Hold him off while I go get something. I'll be back soon. You think you can survive that long?"

She ran as fast as she could to the corner of a street until she couldn't be seen.

Dunder was thinking about counter attacking, but the mare seemed so calm and ready as the earth stallion attacked. He just stepped on his hind legs around the back, hoping to find some sort of weakspot to the chainmail to no avail. Though, he did step on the tunic that the Germane pony had dropped. He moved his hoof over it to examine the crest that was on it. Von Starkhuf? This could be useful. That's when the mare got his attention before briefly running off. He was thinking about telling her to get him a longsword...but he was too late, now it was just him and this large, angry, purple stallion.

Dunder looked up at Martel, "I know, maybe all you Von Starkhufs beat up on mares in your glorious Germaney, but don't be scared now that you have to fight a pony that will fight back." He mocked as he lowered the rapier. If this pony got tired, he'd just get tired and get sloppy. Anyway, Dunder could start flying if things got out of hoof. "And you're such a brave warrior! Fighting an unarmed mare and a stallion with no armor and a pink shirt in the streets. Are all of you Von Starkhufs cowards?" He asked again mockingly.

The mare scampered off, but she would be back. This just left the pesky stallion with the over sized tooth pick. Martel was about to simply lash out with his hammer, but Dunder simply had to go and open his mouth. The purple stallion's pelt threatened to turn a deep shade of red as anger and rage boiled up deep inside of him. Who did he think he was, insulting his country and family like that? If he thought he could rile Martel up, get him so angry that he started to make mistakes, he was dead wrong.

It was a common saying in Germaney, especially among the Mercenary families: 'Don't get angry, get even', and Martel planned to do just that. Oh, he was livid but only a rookie made the mistake of allowing his emotions to hinder him in battle. No, he'd only use his rage as fuel, making his swings twice as strong and twice as fast. He'd prove this pony wrong by having the last laugh.

"Kameraden, you are a foal for saying those things. I was merely going to be teaching you a lesson, let you scamper away with only your pride hurt, but after I am done, you will not be scampering to anywhere!" His voice was low as the red rage faded from his pelt, giving way to an ominously serene attitude that could almost be mistaken for nonchalance, but hid a deep anger that was being contained.

The mercenary turned around and reached out with both hooves, the attack leaning towards the right side of Dunder's head. It was a slow move, and could easily be dodged, but that was the point. He knew that the easiest way to avoid was the duck left, and opefully the pegasus would be focused on the two large hooves heading for him that he wouldn't notice the hammer speeding around from his left to meet his midsection. Simple misdirection was all it took.

Dunder didn't even flinch or move at all as the purple stallion swelled up with anger. He stood there, unwavering in his guard even though the adrenaline was pumping furiously through his veins and his heart was thundering in his chest. The earth stallion was still intimidating and now Dunder had only pushed his buttons. Though, the threatening was something that kept Dunder calm. It reminded him that the stallion was still just a pony and just as squishy as Dunder.

As the attack came in, he could tell it was a ruse. He attacked one way but his hammer was on the other side. Only if he had a longsword, he could block and drive the blade down onto the pony with a quick counter... But, Dunder had to be light and quick on his hooves for the rapier wouldn't do much blocking in this fight. Dunder stood on his hindlegs still in his normal stance, but he brought his rapier foreleg up and straight into the earth stallion necks's path.

So, it seemed that this stallion wasn't as dumb as he looked. Martel quickly ducked back, and the rapier cut a swath through his mane as he dodged. The large hammer returned to its spot behind him, and the mercenary took a moment to brush a hoof through his newly styled hair. He now knew that no mercy could be shown to this poofy pony, he could hold his own.

"I am done playing now, Kerl, if you are going to run, I am suggesting that you are doing it now"

Martel's hammer once again started to swing, but at a much faster pace than before. He was pulling out all the stops, and Zornstahl whirled around at a dizzying pace. Without warning, it shot out like a cannon and screamed through the air.The strike was aimed a little bit behind Dunder, even if the hammer didn't hit him, the chain behind it would cause problems of its own. For a moment, Martel if that strange mare would be coming back at all, or if he'd scared her off for good.

"You were playing? Do all of you Von Starkhuvs fight like fillies, or now are you going to step up?" Dunder asked mockingly. Though, he might have spoken a bit too soon.

Dunder saw the hammer spinning on his tail and knew he was going to throw it. This, however made Dunder uneasy. He knew what he was going to do, but he wasn't sure he was going to do it correctly or fast enough. The hammer was spinning worryingly fast as it was and Dunder was not used to fighting missiles that often. But, he could get lucky and read his body language to find out when he will strike.

Dunder saw a split second after it happened. The stallion's muscles tensed, his eyes shifted off Dunder. It was the moment. Fortunately for Dunder, he got to a ridiculously deep lunge and bowed his head low right as the hammer flew over his head. Unfortunately for Dunder, he didn't anticipate the chain behind the hammer and it whipped him across the chest and foreleg. He fell back, the wind knocked out of him and the skin under his coat where the chain hit was on fire.

He spared no time, now wasn't the time to rest, there was a fight going on! He leapt up and charged at the earth stallion. Not sure what to do, he raised the rapier and aimed a slash to the stallion's face, either the point would make contact and make a cut, or the blade would make contact and act as a metal whip.

She promised the blacksmith that she would return it in tact, or pay for it later if she somehow managed to damage it. Nothing felt good like Stalliongrad steel. As she galloped back to the scene, the passerby could not help but notice the loud clopping on the stone streets as she ran. At first glance, no pony could see why what was causing such a loud sound until they looked closely at her hooves. She was wearing brass hoof coverings that covered most of her lower hooves and latched itself onto her leg like metallic socks. They could be barely seen since her uniform was covering most of the upper part and only a shiny golden lower part was exposed showing her lower hooves.

She got back in time but noticed that the rapier stallion was in trouble. The hammer pony seemed to be on the offensive with looked like some chain attached to his hammer. This way he could probably throw the hammer and wield it back with a simple skillful pull. This effectively made him dangerous at any range. Argenta was now thinking if she should have opted for a heavy lance instead of these lightweight "brass knuckles". Her only advantage would be her speed so she had to make the most of it.

As the rapier pony recovered himself and began an attack, she moved simultaneously attacking at the blind spot right behind the hammer pony. Hopefully, the attack from the rapier pony would keep him distracted until she landed a backhoof strike to the head of the hammer pony. She ran swiftly with the heavy clanking of her hooves on the pavement and took a leap into the air. positioning herself for the strike.

The chain had done its job, and in the moment before Dunder got to his hooves, Martel gave an enthusiastic shout. He didn't have much time to celebrate, however; as the rapier wielding pony was back on his hooves quickly. His attack was a bit quicker than Martel expected from a recently hurt pony, and he had to rear up to avoid becoming a rather large shish kebab. 

His troubles weren't over yet, as the blade was still moving towards his face. Without many other options, the large stallion turned his face and allowed the blade to strike his cheek. It hurt a lot, and he knew he'd feel it tomorrow morning, and probably for the next week at that. 

His focus was solely on the pain at hoof, and he'd barely been able to hear the loud clopping of hooves behind him. Almost immediately after being hit by Dunder, his other cheek felt a bronze covered hoof smack into it. Part of him was happy that it didn't hit the back of his head, but his face begged to differ.

With a roar, Martel shoved both ponies away, giving himself some space to recover. His entire face felt like it was on fire, with a large welt on his right cheek and a hoof print on his left. Thankfully, he had gotten them away long enough to collect himself. Martel knew that he needed a new strategy, the mare was more than capable of dealing damage, and that damned stallion seemed intent on being a nuisance.

Martel snarled and pointed at the two. "You have been annoying me for long enough! Now it is time to be finishing this..."

It was then that Martel grabbed his hammer and chain. He normally didn't have to be underhooved or sneaky with his fighting, usually his strength and skill were enough, but when times were tough he found that there was one move that always served him well.

Slowly, he started to knot up the chain, seeming to make it shorter for close quarters combat. To most ponies, this was simply a warning, letting them know that he was about to get up close and personal. In reality, there was something a bit more devious going on. A simple school filly's trick, the fantom knot. It seemed that his chain was now adorned with a couple strong knots, but as soon as it felt a bit of tension, the knots would unravel.

The idea behind the trick is that these ponies were much faster than Martel, so if he couldn't out pace them, he had to out smart them. 

With another roar Martel surged foreword, getting far closer than he was before and unleashing his hammer at a breakneck speed, right for Argenta's midsection. Now was where his trick would hopefully pay off. His reach seemed far shorter than before, and a simple step backwards might be enough to escape. However, once the hammer hit full stretch, the 'knots' in the chain unraveled, moving the hammer a few feet farther back instantly, right before impact.

Martel smiled to himself, not caring if he left himself wide open to an attack from the other stallion. If the mare dodged foreword or to the side, she would get to see how his chain felt. If she stepped back, then his hammer would do the job; and if she was crazy enough to try and deflect it, then she'd probably get the worst hit of all. Unfortunately, he knew that this trick would only work once, these ponies weren't dumb enough to fall for it multiple times.

"Taste steel, wretch!"

Dunder grinned and took a few steps back when him and the mare made contact with the stallion's cheek, but that was short lived. the roar the earth stallion let out made Dunder back up a bit more, scared that he was going to lash out in that armor. The rapier wasn't much of a close range weapon especially Dunder's where the blade was not sharpened.

After the roar was let out, the stallion was up to something. Tieing up the hammer chain... he thought it looked familiar, but he couldn't remember from where or what it was going to lead to. Dunder regained his guard stance, ready to strike in case anything happened. The stallion was also focused on the mare again, not sure why because Dunder was carrying the deadly weapon.

Then it hit him, the Germane warhammer trick where the hammer pony would feign a short distance throw with a tied chain. In reality, the hammer and chain would go a lot further than anticipated. He needed to strike now, before the mare hot hurt by the attack. He switched his grip on the rapier, instead now holding it by the blade. He charged at the stallion right as he let go of the hammer. Dunder didn't worry about the mare...yet. He held up the rapier by his right foreleg, the piece of metal on the side of the cup facing down as he brought the rapier hoof-guard down towards the stallion's head. If he went foreward, it would just give Dunder easier access to his back. If he went foreward, it would either hit his collarbone or his forelegs.

Argenta could only quickly parry the hammer as she crossed her hooves in front of her face. That was a sneaky trick by tying up the chain giving it the illusion of a shorter range but in reality it was a trap. As it lashed out the chain untangled itself therefore causing the hammer to extend its range at the blink of an eye. Fortunately for her the brass hoofs were keeping her protected. Nevertheless, the force exerted by the hammer staggered her a little but she quickly regained balance.

She realized that she needed to be faster and more aggressive if she wanted to overcome this brute of a pony. She dashed closer to the hammer wielding pony as her loud clopping hooves made impressions on the pavement. She was about to swing her right forehoof towards his face but feinted at the last moment as turned her back bring her flank to his front as her hind legs reared up into bucking position. The hammer pony would soon realize the taste of brass bucking goodness.

"This is how we welcome troublemakers to Stalliongrad!" She shouted as she bucked with all her might.

How in the heck did these ponies do it? They seemed to know what he was doing and predict every move. Martel grunted in frustration as his attack was deflected. 

[color#800000]"Verdamnt!"

He didn't have long to mope, however; as the stallion and the started into a charge. Martel reared up, presenting his thick chain Mille as a target. The poofy pony went up, and The mercenary felt his rapier strike him on the side of the head. The mare feinted, and once she unleashed her hind legs Martel felt them slam into his chest. It hurt, but the armor did its job and diffused the impact. He'd be bruised in the morning, but nothing was broken.

Now, he had two angry ponies on top of him who were more than willing to strike again if he gave them the chance. Reactively, Martel's hammer was yanked back from behind the two, and he made sure to get the perfect angle on it. The heavy chain wrapped itself around Argenta's legs, pulling her down on the ground as Martel shouted in delight.

"And THAT is how we say 'goodbye' in Saxoneigh!"

He tugged on the chains, squeezing her as much as possible while he turned to face Dunder. "Do not think I am forgetting YOU! Try and hit me when we are face to face, if you can!"