[Stalliongrad] The long arm (and Hammer) of the Law [Closed]

Bannhammer

Dunder was glad to see the mare was okay, as she helped him by bucking the earth stallion. Unfortunately, he recovered from the buck too quickly for Dunder to disengage and attack again. The chainmail was getting annoying. This pony was lucky the quillons on his rapier were blunted, and the rapier wasn't a very useful warhammer with the lack of any good inertia.

Dunder regained his normal grip on the rapier as The earth stallion pulled the mare down onto the floor with the chain. He looked at the earth stallion with a blank expression as the pony challenged him outright. Dunder took his left hoof away from his chest as he grabbed the middle of the rapier blade in his fetlock. He widened his stance to give him better balance. This pony was fighting armored, so Dunder was going to act the same.

He approached the pony and got in range for a strike. His eyes locked onto the earth stallion's. He stook a step forward, putting his right hindleg and shoulder in front before speaking, "Taste Mexicolt steel, Germane perro!" He said before taking another step forward, reaching down to scoop up the earth stallion's foreleg with the handle of the rapier. He took another step, putting his right leg behind the earth stallion's left as he lifted the leg off the ground and used it as leverage to get him on his hind legs. The move was lightning fast, but not completed as Dunder pushed the earth stallion onto his back, using the rapier hilt as a means to push and using the placement of his leg as a means to trip.

Argenta fell to the floor with a thump. She tried to move but as she struggled the chains around her leg just became tighter. What's even worse was when the hammer stallion deliberately tightened the grip as he moved to attack the other pony. The crowd that had formed around them started to get worried as they saw their friendly patrolmare get rendered useless in the fight. One of them mentioned to the others that they were going to call for help from the station and left. She knew that she was starting to make the crowd of ponies worry for her and she wouldn't have that.

She may have been rendered immobile but that didn't mean she didn't have any fight left in her. With all her might she tugged at the chain in the hope of making the hammer pony loose his balance thus giving the rapier pony a chance for a clean attack.

The mare on the ground put up a struggle, doing little more than strain the chain that held her in place. His tail yanked with even more force, trying to keep her in one spot. The chain was connected to the base of his tail, which was braided around it for extra strength and control, making it easy to use and hard to break.

That pesky stallion lunged foreword, and ducked underneath Martel's outstretched hoof. He felt himself being pulled over as Dunder utilized leverage against him. The mercenary knew that he was due for a topple, but he wouldn't go down easy. With a shout, his rear left leg lashed out  and struck the swordpony's chest. His brace squeaked at the effort, and the steel hoof certainly packed a punch as it connected.

"An eye for an eye, and a hoof for a hoof!"

Martel's victory didn't last long, as he soon landed on his back with a mighty thud. The chain was still holding the mare tight, but who knew how long it would take for the stallion to recover from the blow and strike again? He didn't have time to waste!

As quickly as he could, Martel struggled to get back to his hooves, his metal hoof and heavy armor making the job that much more difficult.

Dunder was not expecting the counter punch and failed to block or parry it. He staggered back when he was hit with the powerful hoof. He swore he felt something in his ribs give way for a slight moment, but he didn't know what. The adrenaline pulsing through his veins didn't let him realize that two of his ribs were cracked from the punch.Though, now Dunder felt heavy as breathing became more laborious, but he shrugged it off.

As he tried to calm his breathing down, he charged at the earth stallion struggling to get up. He grabbed the earth pony's head and used it to throw him back on the ground, "Stay on the ground--" He was interrupted by an unsuspected cough, "You Germane filth!" He said, this time his voice raspy. He held the rapier, the point aimed right at the earth stallion's face. Right after he had a coughing fit, his joints becoming weak and his rapier grip weak as well as the coughs overwhelmed him.

It was her chance to get out of this predicament. The stallion was knocked down with the combination of her incessant tugging and the charging attacks by the rapier pony. She managed to get a hoof loose and this gave the chain more slack for her to get out off. Argenta just had enough of this foolishness. She had to end this quickly as she soon realized that a crowd of onlookers started to build up. Somepony else could get hurt. She needed to disarm the hammer pony and take him into custody somehow.

She stood up as quick as she could before the hammer pony could realize that she had escaped from his chains. The rapier pony had him pinned down with the rapier pointed at his face. If it were only that easy but she knew the hammer pony wasn't that going to let this pass by. His pride was too much.

A few other VSS ponies finally arrived the scene. It was a group of 1st class privates, the rookies under her tutelage. Though she was happy for backup to arrive, she didn't want any of the rookies to get hurt.

"Corporal Ma'am! Comrade!" One of them shouted at her.

"Stay back..." She motioned with her hoof. "He's too much for you to handle. Disperse the crowd for now!"

It seemed that the stallion had been hindered by that blow, but not enough to keep him from pointing that rapier in Martel's face. The mercenary growled, rubbing his head as he angrily protested vein thrown back down, but his rage simmered as he noticed the blade before him. The stallion coughed a few more times, and the large stallion noted a distinct weakening of his grip.

With a snarl, one of the mercenary's large hooves lashed out, smacking the side of the blade and pushing it away from his face. The large stallion got to his hooves as quickly as he could, and on the way up he smashed his head into the other pony's face.

Martel was so occupied with the stallion, that he hadn't even noticed that the mare had escaped his chains. He could barely make out shouts and orders being given, but they were of no concern to him right now.

"My head is stronger than steel!"

Dunder was surprised by the knocked of the rapier blade, and even more surprised when the earth stallion's skull smashed into his. He staggered back and fell to a hock, using a hoof to help support him as he panted. Getting the wind knocked out of him, the coughing fit, and getting headbutted in such a short amount of time was catching up to him. But, he was not going to standby while he could still fight.

He got back on his hooves as the stallion claimed his head was stronger than steel. He got on his hind legs and turned around, leaning away from the earth stallion. He put the sword over his shoulder, still looking at the earth stallion. In one quick move, he turned around, stepped forward and swung the sword lightning fast.

To follow up the attack, he got back to his rapier stance and eyed the pony. "Shut up! You seem to never shut up about your Germaney and how you're so great? If you're so great, why can't you beat a pony in the street with poofy pants and a pink shirt?!" He demanded, already starting to get annoyed by the earth stallion. Maybe more words would throw him off, "Maybe a Germane pony is no match for one of Mexicol!" He said mockingly.

Seeing the hammer pony getting so worked up at the rapier pony, Argenta intends to end the fight quick. She leaps to the air as high as she could and aims her forehooves to strike at the hammer pony right at his back. Even with all that chainmail, the force of 4 brasshoofs would definitely sting and hopefully knock the wind out of the hammer pony.

As she landed the hit, she went towards the rapier pony who was obviously wounded now as he was grasping for air. She could tell that by the blow earlier, he might have cracked a rib or two.

"Are you alright?" She asked the rapier pony. "Get out of this fight, let me handle it. My men will tend to your wounds."

Martel was about to rear up, ready to bring his forehooves down on the annoying stallion in front of him. Those hopes were dashed as he felt four sturdy hooves slam into his back. If he hadn't been wearing the chain maille, a bruised back might have been the least of his worries. With a pained shout, the large mercenary lashed out with his tail, hoping to hit something. For a moment, the Germane found himself out of breath, and with a terrible ache in his back. That mare had hit him, hard, and he needed to get some space before they capitalized on their window of opportunity.

"Why not bring your men into this fight? It will take twenty of you to be stopping me! I was just going to track down a criminal, but now... now you are becoming a hindrance in my job!"

The large pony shoved Argenta aside, giving himself some space as he tried to catch his breath. With as much effort as he could exert, he had the hammer spin around him at dizzying speeds, sure to catch anypony who was willing to try their luck and get through to Martel.

"You hit hard, I will hit harder! I will tear this whole verdamnt street apart if I am having too! If you were true guard, you would be helping me to find criminal, but now... it is being too late!"

He put a hoof to his chest and took a few deep breaths, hoping to compose himself soon.

Dunder was ready to move out of the way of Martel's strike, but at the last moment the earth mare came back and smashed her hooves into the pony's back in what looked like it should have been grizzly. Dunder laid the sword tip on the ground and got back on all fours as Argenta walked over. As she told him to leave, he only took another deep breath and didn't look at her while he spoke, "I'll be fine... the ribs are cracked, not broken." He said as he watched Martel spin the hammer.

Dunder sighed, "Well, whoop-di-do!" He said, getting annoyed by this same move over and over again. He needed an alternative, something to throw him off... and the sight of one of Argenta's soldiers keeping the crows away gave him an idea. The soldier was almost directly behind him, Dunder turned around and casually took their sword out of their scabbard. It was a sabre, but it would have to do. Before anypony could protest and as he trotted back towards Martel, he tossed it into the air, to get a fetlock grip on the back and to get on hid hindlegs. He laid the flat of the sword blade on his other foreleg and leaned back. He shot forward, pushing the sword and ripping away the support foreleg so the sword could fly straight. It was off a bit, and headed towards the pony's neck, right above the chainmail.

The twirling hammer did it's job, snagging the oncoming blade in its trailing chain before it got too close. Unfortunately, the sword managed to tangle up the chain, sending the entire thing crashing down to the ground into a metal lump, far too heavy and twisted for Martel to use effectively. Snarling in anger, the mercenary tried his best to untangle the mess, but it wasn't going anywhere. That damned stallion once again found a way to muck up his plans, and now, with that mare back, he was facing two angry ponies with plenty of backup. Conceding might be the best option for everypony, just cut your losses, spend a few days in the clink, and move on.

Martel shook his head. 'No, The criminal might slip away, and I have to bring him to justice!' he thought to himself as he shook his head. There was no room for giving up, and a true Von Starkhuf never stopped if the contract could still be continued. There might be a way to talk them out of it.

He looked up from the mass of chains and towards Argenta, speaking in a low and threatening voice. "Frau, I am going to give you a chance to let me go. I will not be taken in. Let me find my criminal, and I will be out of your city. Continue to harass me, and do not be giving me blame for what happens after."

Hopefully these ponies would see reason, any continuation of the fight would only end in more damage for the city, and somepony could get seriously hurt, especially with that dolt throwing swords everywhere. "If you are going to be arresting me, arrest the Mexicolt over here as well, does he not need a licence too? Let us all simply part ways... before it is too late."

(( Ugh sorry wasn't feeling too good the past 3 days. ))

Argenta listened to his so-called "mission" and the complaint of the hammer stallion.

"Had you just allowed me to ask a few questions at the station, this fight would have been avoided." She complained back. "But no, you had to muck up everything and attack a patrolmare!"

She stomped a hoof on the street making the pavement crack at the force she exerted. She was still wearing those brass hooves, and she was itching to use them on this stubborn hammer pony if he still resisted. She was getting tired of this as the commotion attracted a few more onlookers. Some of them knew her and glanced with concern. Merchants, vendors and ponies on the streets knew that their beloved patrolmare was in a pinch but they could do nothing to help.

"As for you!" She pointed at the other troublemaker, the young rapier-wielding stallion. "Hammer pony here has a point. You will also accompany me to the station and answer some questions."

She gave him a "don't-argue-with-me-because-I'm-ticked-off" look and stomped her hoof for emphasis. She glanced back to the hammer Pony.

"You want this fighting to end? Fine, accompany me to the station now and maybe we can come to an agreement. But you must pay for the trouble you have caused here or do I have to do this the hard way?"

Argenta has never lost her composure before. To the public that saw her everyday, she was the calm, cool and well-mannered officer, but today, her annoyance began to show as she began to fuss over the incident. Her subordinates, the privates that were herding the crowd away looked back in concern. They have never seen their senior officer so worked up like this.

Dunder was ready to collapse from the pain in his chest after he saw the sword tie up the chains and disable the hammer, rendering the Germane pony useless. Dunder had to settle for sitting heavily on his rump. He sighed and tried to take deep and slow breaths. The cracked ribs were starting to get to him, maybe the injury was worse than he thought it was. He didn't look up at the others while they talked, instead he took off his hat, still breathing heavily as he wiped some sweat from his brow with the back of his fetlock.

He looked up suddenly when the name of his second nationality came up in the conversation. He was putting his hat back on as he looked up, surprised at the Germane stallion. "What? Why would I be taken in?" He asked before coughing once lightly, but then the pony slammed her hoof down and he was quiet. He couldn't fly away in the cold without exhorting himself. And he can't run too far without exhorting himself either... and the last thing he wants is a bounty on his head for running from a patrol mare or even engaging in combat with one.

He took the rapier out from under him, and after a second of looking at it, he threw it, handle first at the patrol mare. "Fine.... Just remember I helped you with that swing-happy idiot ready to tear a whole street apart." He said before getting up on all fours.

The large stallion growled at the much smaller pony who had just insulted him again. That blasted colt was making it much harder to try and be peaceful with the authorities. Of course, Martel still wouldn't give in for not reason. He calmed himself down and detached the hammer from his tail, leaving him totally unarmed. After raising a hoof, he slowly started to approach Argenta.

"I am without weapon, Frau, let us ask any questions now and here. I will not go to the station with you, not until I find my criminal. If you let me go, I swear on my honor that I shall return once my job is done. Do NOT harass me further, or I will be forced to do more damage than before."

He stood in front of her, tall and proud, and he let his offer stand. A Germane took honor seriously, and he knew that if she didn't take this deal, no deal could be done.

"Either ask your questions or let me go, this is your choice."

"You are in no position to bargain with me Germane." She snaps back at the hammer pony. "You can find your criminal, however, I'm confiscating your weapon. You can have it back when you leave Stalliongrad."

At the wave of her hoof, Argenta's rookies carry the hammer and chain. Surprisingly, it took two of them to carry it. They hadn't expected it to be that heavy. They carried it towards the station with a few other guards. She then brought her attention to the rapier pony.

"You," She glares towards the rapier pony in annoyance. "Where is your permit to carry weapons? Have you been to the Stable? Are you another mercenary? By Luna, why do ponies on my shift not follow rules?"

She just about had it with this two. For all she knew, they could spend a long time in detention to cool off until she can figure things out. Scratching her mane, she could already hear her commanding officer whine more than complain about this mess. By now the public would have scattered news about this skirmish and it would eventually reach the other stations. This would damage her reputation and it was too late for amends it seems. She just hoped that this mess would finally end.

Dunder was starting to sweat, things were going bad for him. The mare didn't seem at all happy with him, even though he helped her. The way he saw it, she was just being ungrateful or something. After all he did go out of his way and get injured to help her, maybe he could talk out of it. He knew that he'd need to be crafty about it. But, he was cut off from his thinking when he was suddenly glared and yelled at by the angry grey mare.

"No. I am not a mercenary..." He admitted and hug his head. "And I have no permit... Please, I carry it around only for personal defense. I only helped you and my record is clean." He said before taking a few steps towards her, he was within hoof range. "Maybe we can clear all of this up at the station." He said. He was larger than Argenta, but not by much. He never really got a good look at her until now. Again, thoughts of escaping by making a run for it ran through his mind, but he pushed them off, feeling the anxiety already of running away.

Martel shouted in anger as his weapon was carried away. He hadn't expected them to simply take it away! A hoof reached out after the two rookies, and he snarled as Zornstahl left his sight.

"I swear on my honor, and you steal my weapon away? I disarm myself and yet you still don't trust me?"

He stomped a hoof and glared at both ponies. Part of the Germane wanted to start the fight up again, but that might not end so well now that he wasn't armed. Martel raised his voice and pointed a hoof at Argenta, then at Dunder.

"Fine, take me to your 'station', but I will tear you all apart if you put a scratch on my hammer!"

After picking up her coat and hat, she led the Hammer and Rapier ponies to the station. She was just glad that this whole mess was over. Argenta's men positioned themselves around the two trouble makers as she trotted beside them. By now, there was a huge crowd that gathered around the otherwise quiet street. Fights like these happened frequently but not so serious as their beloved Patrolmare was so deeply invovled. Some of the ponies sighed in relief as it finally ended and went about their business. Others started commenting about how the hammer pony was awesome. Yet others were so relieved that Argenta wasn't hurt so badly and that they would do anything to protect their lovely patrolmare from the big bad hammerpony. Yet a few mares couldn't help but notice the cute Rapier pony and hoped that he would glance their way.

Argenta's head began to hurt, not from the fight but from the crowd's reactions. She motioned to one of her subordinates to disperse the crowd and to let them know that the show was over. Somehow this would be on the district news by tomorrow morning. She could already hear her superiors giving her sermons about handling things with delicacy and more finesse. She shut that thought out into a compartment in her head and focused on the mess that was now.

"Corporal Argenta...." She began to introduce herself. "... of the 9th Cossack Heavy Infantry Battalion."

• Like 1

Dunder sighed, accepting defeat as he watched his favorite sword getting puled off. No way was he going to stand up needlessly against the law enforcement, he just hung his head and followed orders. Anyway, he helped out the patrolmare and neutralized the Germaney pony's hammer. If he just played along, didn't put up too much of a fuss, and got on the patrol mare's good side, then he would be home free. Or, at least have a better chance of getting set free or not too harsh of a punishment.

As they all trotted to the station, he couldn't help but realize that some of the mares seemed to be watching him with wide grins. A few times, he would glance up at the mares and lift up his head to give them a smile, chuckling when they smiled back or acted surprised and turned to their friends to say how the stallion pegasus smiled at her.

They soon entered the gates to the station. The building looked dreary with little color and luster to it. He sat down next to the Germane pony, across from Argenta at her desk. As she introduced herself, Dunder watched her. "Argenta?" He asked, "That's a pretty name..." He chuckled.

The large stallion stoically followed the mare, looking straight ahead the entire time with his head held high. The boos from the crowd did nothing to him, and his focus was entirely on getting this business over with so that he could go after his target. Once he had his hammer back, Martel would simply be on his way, and hopefully never return to the damned city of Stalliongrad. The guardsmare introduced herself, and Martel snorted derisively as the poofy stallion attempted to flirt with her.

"Poofy pony does not wish to share his own name? That is fine, flirt if you wish, tiny colt. My name is Martel Von Starkhuf, gepanzert Infanterie from Saxoneigh."

He sat on his rump, in front of the mare's desk, and looked dead at her. His eyes shot daggers into her heart as he cursed her with his gaze.

"When will I be getting my hammer back?"

"You'll be getting it back once I find out why you were carrying it in the first place, without a permit from the Stable." She replied back with a frown. "Surely you must have known that all mercenary groups report to the Stable before entering the city. You would have easily picked up a permit to carry that weapon and all this trouble could have been avoided."

She shifted her attention to the Rapier pony. "The same goes for you. While I appreciate your gesture, it does not leave the fact out that you also do not have a permit."

She facehoofed as she slumped on the table. She had never been this tired, battered and annoyed. She focused and remembered to keep disciplined at all times. At this point she just wanted to get this trouble over with, but protocol had to be followed. Two of her subordinates have already gone to the stable to report on the issue. A few of her other comrades have locked the weapons in a security locker and tucked the key away. Everypony in the station was tense. There had not been such a tense situation like this before so everypony was on edge and on alert, especially with the big Germane pony who was present.

She returned her glance to Martel. "So, who is this 'target' you are looking for? I have ears in this district. Perhaps I can help you."

Dunder glanced at the other stallion. This Germane pony seemed to be bent on using as many of his words as possible to win a second battle. Dunder was fine with knowing that he had already won the first one, but he was going to put up at least some bait for Martel. "Heh... big words for a pony who just got beat." Dunder said and stuck a tongue out at the Germane pony before turning back to Argenta. "And my name is Dunder Blust. Yes Dunder Blust." He said before nodding his head and tipping his hat.

"And I didn't know, honestly, that I needed a permit. That is usually only advertised to mercenaries, which I am not. If I had known, I would have bought one." Dunder said honestly to Argenta. He suddely was getting hit by some anxiety. The weight of the situation was settling in. He didn't really know what would happen if he was punished for this. He'd rather just pay for one right now than get thrown in the slammer or getting heavily fined.

Martel sat quietly, allowing the mare to speak for herself. He was about to speak up and answer her questions, but the smaller stallion seemed intent on being an idiot. The mercenary simply scoffed, turning his head and spitting on the floor beside him.

"I guess I hit poofy pony too hard in the head! You did not win, the only victory you had was in keeping your life, and that was mercy more than anything. You may tell yourself that you were winning, I do not care."

He looked up, back at Argenta, and spoke slowly. "I did not have time to be getting a license, there was, and IS a criminal to catch!" Martel's gaze narrowed, and he took a quick breath before continuing. "He is a thief, having stolen much from many ponies, leaving them with nothing but their cutie marks. He fled here, and I am tracking him down to make him pay for his crimes. A brown unicorn, his cutie mark is a mask, he should be hiding as an actor here in Stalliongrad, that is all I am knowing. If you are wanting him to be caught before he steals from your town, you should be letting me go."

"Had you explained this situation earlier, I would have allowed you to continue." She complained. "I still don't know why you think it was a good idea to go against an officer. How bad is it to go to the station and explain yourself like this rather than being detained now?"

Argenta couldn't comprehend the reasoning of some ponies. They may have good intentions but the wrong timing and execution. Now she is being placed as the guilty party as Martel tries to play with her conscience. Why does almost everypony try to do this? It was her one weakness, in a sense but she had her duty to perform.

She sighed.

"I'm going to regret this..." She facehoofed. "Private, unchain him."

The confused stallion just gave her a look but knew well enough not to question orders from superiors.

"I'll let you go on one condition." She raised her hoof to make a point. "I'll come with you. We apprehend him together, you keep water reward he is offered to you. All I want is to bring down this so-called criminal of yours. I'll be watching but that doesn't mean I'll stand idly in at the side when something happens. Am I clear comrade?"

"As for you," she looked at Dunder. "You really need to work on your hero entrances."

She unlocked his chains as well.

"You're free to go but please try to get a permit to carry that sword around?"