[Stalliongrad] The long arm (and Hammer) of the Law [Closed]

Bannhammer

Dunder watched as he was unchained and practically let free with only a slap on the hoof and some chest pains. He only had to buy a license to carry around a sword in Stalliongrad. As long as he had enough money, and he didn't have to be a member of a mercenary group, he'd be okay. When he was unchained, he looked up at Argenta and rubbed where the chains had been before, reminding himself that he was no longer arrested.

His heart filled with relief, but he didn't want to show it. Instead, focusing on her comment. He stood up and smiled, "My hero entrance? To be honest I wouldn't have called myself a 'hero'..." He said honestly. "But, maybe if I joined you on your headhunt...?" He asked, rather hopefully.

Martel grumbled loudly, muttering a few expletives under his breath before facing the two ponies. "You, mare, may come along if you wish. I have no qualms having a lawpony attempt to help me. HE..." The large stallion pointed a hoof at Dunder. He had no reason to bring along the pony who had not only fought with him, but had insulted him and his country on multiple occasions. "This puny pony can go buck himself for all I care! He is /not/ coming along, not on a real mission. Unless his flattering from before got to you..."

The Germane got up from his spot on the floor and patted himself down. "Give me back my hammer and suit up. We'll meet up in 30 minutes in front of the station. I need to see if I can get the criminal's location so I can corner him. You can decide if /this/ pony can come along as well..."

Stallions.... She was beginning to remember why she was annoyed at them so much. Their ego and overbearing pride to get the job done. Can't they just say "thank you" and be happy that they're being helped at all? Why do some Stallions always have to play the "I'm tough don't mess with me" attitude? At least the one with the sword was honestly trying to help. Argenta could never get why some mares would swoon over such a stallion. He did look handsome but, looks are just the tip of what a stallion should be.

"Sigh..." She fixed her hat and coat. "You can pick up your hammer by the door on the way out. I'll be along until I can notify the other officers that you are on official business with me, SO YOU DON'T GET ARRESTED AGAIN."

"And you..." She glanced to Dunder. "Dunder was it? "I'm letting you off the hook this time. Just make sure I don't catch you trotting around my streets with that sword. At least get a permit to carry it!"

She got up from her chair, nodded annoyingly at the two and went to speak with some of her fellow officers.

Dunder listened to her, staring her back straight in the eyes as she talked. He knew he was going to get the sword permit, he didn't want to get in trouble with the law again. That Germane pony could perhaps be fine with getting his flank dragged to a police station, but Dunder was not okay with that.

When she got up, he got up and stopped her, "Hey, what's the hurry?" He asked as he stepped in front of her and put his hooves in front of her, "Can I at least have some sort of 'thank-you' for helping you?" He asked, "I mean, I cracked a few ribs and got arrested for helping you..." He said with a small chuckle.

Martel rolled his eyes, unimpressed with the smaller stallion's attempts to flirt with the guardsmare. Instead, the germane focused on getting his hammer back and preparing for the mission at hoof. It only took him a few moments to trot towards the front door and 'suggest' that he be given back his weapon of choice. Unfortunately, unless he waited for the two slow ponies to catch up, he'd probably end up getting attacked in the streets again. So, against his better nature, and his inclination to go on the offensive, Martel Von Starkhuf simply stood and waited outside of the police station.

"Could slow ponies be hurrying up a little? I am having a criminal to catch!"

Argenta returned a blank stare at Dunder.

"Sure, thank you for giving me a load of problems." She said sarcastically. "If you really want my thanks, stay out of trouble, or stay out of my way."

She trotted towards the Germane pony who was already impatiently waiting by the station door. See? He seemed to be a good pony when he wasn't stubborn as a mule. Having him as an ally was better than having him thrown in jail. And besides, she did not want to go through the mountains of paperwork to file, having a lot on her hooves already, she shuddered and complained to herself about soldiers and desk jobs.

"Martel...." She called out. "You go on ahead, I'll catch up. I need to report to my superiors about this mission of yours, and also to warn every other patrol pony not to get in your way. Oh, and take 'you-should-thank-me' pony with you. I'm sure he would prove useful... maybe."

She pushed Dunder towards Martel and then trotted out of the station in the direction towards Stable-HQ.

Dunder was surprised when he felt the mare pushing him. She was a lot stronger than she looked, and he didn't expect to be one to help them with the criminal chasing. After all, he did cause trouble and Martel would probably bite his head off by the end of the mission.

Dunder smiled sheepishly up at Martel, "So... heh.... I guess we'll be working together, huh, buddy?" He asked nervously and nudged Martel with a hoof. He looked back to see where Argenta was, he felt safer with her around.

He sighed eventually and lowered his head, "And I wanted to say that all those things I said during the fight I didn't mean at all... It was only coercion to get you mad." He said and looked up at the earth pony. He truly looked sorry.

Martel quickly smacked the nudging hoof away with a growl. This tiny stallion had managed to make him quite angry, and such things were not quickly forgotten, or forgiven.

"Do not try for forgiveness yet, tiny pony, earn it by helping me. If you do not make a total foal of yourself today, I might just be forgetting what you said, am i making myself clear?"

With a snarl, the large Germane smacked the door open and lead the way outside.

"He is supposedly in the market, so we will ambush him when he goes back to his hideout, Ja?"

• 2 weeks later...

Dunder's body was pushed along with his hoof. This earth stallion was intimidatingly strong, but Dunder knew that's why he lost. Too much reliance on brute strength and not enough on acting smart.

Still, Dunder heeded the stallion's words. They were a little overly angry, but Dunder was going to try to act calm this once and ignore the pony's rudeness. When the stallion smacked the door open, Dunder took a deep breath and trotted out after him.

"Uhhh...sure! Well, you'll need to tell me where everything is and what he looks like because I have no idea." Dunder said to the stallion.