An Icecube here...

8bitIcecube

Greetings fellow...... I'll just leave that blank,

I'm new to role-playing on forums. I've played tabletop games for the past several years, mostly dungeon crawl styled.

So not entirely new to it altogether, but inexperienced.

I hope to have a wonderful time here learning the ropes of role-playing.

And hope to establish some characters people will even start to recognize....

I hail from a kingdom called "The Netherlands" a low and flat place,

where people fight against the floods on a daily basis. Most of us also like cheese.....

Moving on to my "interests":

- I'm playing miserably on my electric guitar the last 2 years....

- I'm fairly decent in drawing. manga style~

- I played in several campaigns with my friends in various role-playing systems, and hope to start my own story soon.

- Lastly, I start with a new educational program translated as: "college" upcoming year. After making a grievous mistake of choosing the wrong "subject".

And as the finisher: I prefer the soft side of hard music, preferring shredding and mind dazzling guitars, organs, violins and piano's

over people shouting and grunting in a microphone. But mostly categories as: Hard Rock, Symphonic Power Metal and Punk.

Melting Away,

8bit-Icecube

Edited by 8bitIcecube

Hallo! I'm new here too. We can be new together, hooray!

♪ Always good to meet another avid table top player! What's your favorite system? Mine's Pathfinder, hands down. If you haven't tried it yet, absolutely do so! It's beautiful. Like DnD 3.5 created by and for people who loved to play DnD 3.5.

Thanks for the fast and happy responses :D

And hooray silver, Pathfinder is an awesome system that repairs things that 3.5 left broken.

Still it's a system with shenanigans if you know where to find them. (Darn druids and their Natural Spellcaster)

I currently run in DnD 4th, which is much cleaner but more restricted. Especially in role-play options. :/

Yea, I know it's not perfect, but like you said, it fixed a lot of the things that sucked about 3.5. All systems have their breaks somewhere. It's just up to the DM to address them when they come up, I suppose.

I haaaate 4th ed. I kind of feel like it's like playing WoW, but tabletop. I really like a very character and story driven campaign, though. My kind of tabletop game can go on for hours with no dice rolled. I know a lot of the power gamer types who just like to kill monsters and be as powerful as possible (and mind, I don't dislike these people, I just hate playing with them because it's not my style) really like 4th ed, though.

Welcome to Canterlot! :) Its always fun to read an introduction with a good sense of humor tied into it, and I appreciate the work you've put into yours :smug: Hope to see you around the forums sometime, Icecube! :D

It's good to see that my frigid presence creates such welcoming and awestruck responses.

Thanks guys and many thanks for the compliments. I try to fix my texts as much as possible. :D

@Silver; Yea, I see what you mean and it's happening right in my campaign. I'm capable of powergaming myself, but I also know "how not to". So you've no fear for me to make an ridiculous OP pony :halo:.

@Rosewind; :-o YOU MURDERER!!!! :-o And I like my stay in the fridge, thank you very much. But maybe the lemonade doesn't sound that bad.......