Songs that speak to you!

Now I know that their are a few threads to do with what are you listening to right now and stuff like that. But I want to ask a different question. Post here not so much your faveourite songs, But songs that really speak to you! Make you feel something! Make sure to mention why! I'll Start :D

I enjoy this song because I really do just agree with everything it says. I do believe in the power of guitar and drum! :D

ah, this song made me almost tear up the first couple times I watched the video o)3) I dunno, the lyrics are sad I guess. specifically the part at 2:18. the tale of a toy made to sing getting a virus and being deleted.

this song too. once I found the lyrics, it didn't so much. but just the sound of it really stirs something in me. I don't think the lyrics have to mean anything for it to be an emotional song. in fact, most of the songs that get at me rarely do so because of the lyrics.

it could also be due to the fact I went through my Miku phase when I was a moody pre-teen :l

I agree whilst lyrics are a very important part of alot of songs. Instrumentals can really make an impact. That was a pretty sad song, but I enjoyed it. This song here I heard at such an oppertune time in my life and it really got to me, in both a good way and a bad way.

The tone of the song whilst warm and oddly cheery still remains fairly sad. The singers voice is incredible. You can feel the emotion from it. The lyrics hit the nail on my head of my situation at the time :L

Heh, my songs rarely speak to me. Usually they sing.

... Aaanyways. I rarely have songs that speak to me. Most of the time, I listened to them during a certain moment, and listening to them once again reminds me of that time. Plus, lyrics rarely form an interesting whole - it's more like a chaotic mess of ideas that you have to dig through to find interesting gems. It's true as well for the music part of the music, to a lesser extent.

Still, there's a few I like for what they are, like this one.

Slow Cheetah.

Heh, my songs rarely speak to me. Usually they sing.

... Aaanyways. I rarely have songs that speak to me. Most of the time, I listened to them during a certain moment, and listening to them once again reminds me of that time. Plus, lyrics rarely form an interesting whole - it's more like a chaotic mess of ideas that you have to dig through to find interesting gems. It's true as well for the music part of the music, to a lesser extent.

Still, there's a few I like for what they are, like this one.

Slow Cheetah.

True, certain songs only will make sense when the message conveyed relates directly to you. Maybe those songs will then form links to those moments XD Though I feel lyrics for songs are brought on from something the singer or songwriter has experienced. Thats what makes it possible for said songs to relate to others :D Good song too!

I'm not posting this because the band is named praying mantis, I swear! Anyways, I think this song does an excellent job of portraying a world where humans could not stop their destructive and violent ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpq652SsTK8

• Like 1

You'll be surprised about this one, C Lo Green's "F*** You." (or Forget You for the censored version)

At the begining it starts out cursing a woman he loves for being with someone else, cursing the guys she's with, trying to explain to her why he'd just as good if not better than the guy she's with... but then at the same time he breaks down and tells her that he still love her. he asks why did she have to break his heart and cries but no one seems to care... Actually it really tugs at my heart to be honest...

Well, I find it kind of hard to pick just one, so I might as well post two. The fun has been doubled, one could even say.

[/media]

Sad songs rarely, and I do mean rarely, catch my attention. So to have this song stick out above the rest amazes me to no end, which is why I love it so much. Honestly though, this really gets me thinking and I just love to think. Even if the thinking leads to depression, its a wonderful thing.

[/media]

As for this one, well, lets just say that I feel I can relate to this one. Plus, who can hate that beat? Brilliant, ain't it?

At the begining it starts out cursing a woman he loves for being with someone else, cursing the guys she's with, trying to explain to her why he'd just as good if not better than the guy she's with... but then at the same time he breaks down and tells her that he still love her. he asks why did she have to break his heart and cries but no one seems to care... Actually it really tugs at my heart to be honest...

I see what you mean! That really is quite an intresting and oddly powerful song! XD

Sad songs rarely, and I do mean rarely, catch my attention. So to have this song stick out above the rest amazes me to no end, which is why I love it so much. Honestly though, this really gets me thinking and I just love to think. Even if the thinking leads to depression, its a wonderful thing.

As for this one, well, lets just say that I feel I can relate to this one. Plus, who can hate that beat? Brilliant, ain't it?

Mad World really is just an amazing song. You should try the original version by Tears For Fears!

As for The Barenaked Ladies. Their just awesome 24/7 XD

Mad World really is just an amazing song. You should try the original version by Tears For Fears!

As for The Barenaked Ladies. Their just awesome 24/7 XD

Oooooo I didn't even know there was an original until you pointed it out. It almost feels like a different song. First time listening, I thought the singing was a bit fast, but it really does grow on you. I love Tears For Fears quite a good lot.

And yes, its hard to be that awesome all the time, but The Barenaked Ladies just manage to pull it off so well!

Tears for Fears are really quite amazing. The 80's feel to it makes it sound different from the Gary Jules version. But still gets across the same effect. XD

Honestly, I am not a fan of Gary Jules' version, having grown up listening to Tears for Fears. TFF's version really captures the essence of uncertainty. You can't help but feel as if something isn't quite right when listening to it, but that's what makes it amazing. Jules' version is much more bleak and melancholy. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good song. I just think it completely missed the intent established by Tears for Fears.

Mad World > Sad World

Honestly, I am not a fan of Gary Jules' version, having grown up listening to Tears for Fears. TFF's version really captures the essence of uncertainty. You can't help but feel as if something isn't quite right when listening to it, but that's what makes it amazing. Jules' version is much more bleak and melancholy. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good song. I just think it completely missed the intent established by Tears for Fears.

Mad World > Sad World

True, both versions have very different overall feels to them. Though that is the way of alot of covered songs XD

Gotta say, no song really spoke to me until I joined the Brony community and heard my first bit of Brony music.

His name was Jackle App and he shared a certain pony's destiny; A Rock.

Ever since the, Jackle's been my favorite music artist and Rarity has maintained "Best Pony" status in my book. ;-)

Mostly, this falls into the songs that make me get all sentimental and weepy. My favorite songs speak to me, but they're generally rowdy and the reason the speak to me if you know me is pretty transparent. These are a handful that the people who know me are surprised that I adore. For some reason it's easy to wrap their heads around the fact that I love Neutral Milk Hotel as much as I love Iron Maiden, but the softer stuff that's more mainstream leaves them confused.

Makes me cry. Reminds me of the early days of relationship, when my husband had to overcome a lot of his introvert tendencies and college behaviors to make our relationship work.

Plus it's gorgeous.

220px-Microphones_glow_pt2.jpg

ANYTHING off this album. The whole journey, but especially the title section and the line "I can not get through September without a battle"

And then there's this whole genre of 80s/early 90s underground music that is wistful and longing (Day Ditty by Shudder to Think, Blue Thunder by Galaxie 500), but particularly these 2.

(this also crosses over into one of my favorite songs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvSY4NYkySM

And basically anything that came on the radio in 1985/1986. So, back then we did not have a TV, we were very poor (to the point that at one point we lived in the YWCA), but we did have a radio. And one day, from that room on the 6th floor of the Y, my brother and I watched a furniture store burn down several blocks away...and every song that played on the radio that day while we were watching it is burned into my head.

Aha-Take On Me

Joe Jackson-Stepping Out

Tears for Fears-Head Over Heels

Etc. I can't always name the exact tracklisting, but when I hear them out of context I have flashbacks.

I have more of an affinity for the feel of a song than the actual lyrics. I have my cheerup songs, like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYA9JZM5FM

The lyrics are pretty good. But this song just cheers me up! :3

Then I have that one song that's been my sole favourite since I first heard it! It's been my favourite song for so long, it helped me find my own style. I love it.

The lyrics don't really have such a deep meaning, but you know. >3<

Both really awesome songs! Songs that people use to cheer themselves up are always great. It usually means they have a pretty deep connection with it XD

The lyrics dont need to be deep but even the simplest lyrics can have a very suprising story behind them XD

Mostly, this falls into the songs that make me get all sentimental and weepy. My favorite songs speak to me, but they're generally rowdy and the reason the speak to me if you know me is pretty transparent. These are a handful that the people who know me are surprised that I adore. For some reason it's easy to wrap their heads around the fact that I love Neutral Milk Hotel as much as I love Iron Maiden, but the softer stuff that's more mainstream leaves them confused.

Makes me cry. Reminds me of the early days of relationship, when my husband had to overcome a lot of his introvert tendencies and college behaviors to make our relationship work.

Plus it's gorgeous.

220px-Microphones_glow_pt2.jpg

ANYTHING off this album. The whole journey, but especially the title section and the line "I can not get through September without a battle"

And then there's this whole genre of 80s/early 90s underground music that is wistful and longing (Day Ditty by Shudder to Think, Blue Thunder by Galaxie 500), but particularly these 2.

(this also crosses over into one of my favorite songs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvSY4NYkySM

And basically anything that came on the radio in 1985/1986. So, back then we did not have a TV, we were very poor (to the point that at one point we lived in the YWCA), but we did have a radio. And one day, from that room on the 6th floor of the Y, my brother and I watched a furniture store burn down several blocks away...and every song that played on the radio that day while we were watching it is burned into my head.

Aha-Take On Me

Joe Jackson-Stepping Out

Tears for Fears-Head Over Heels

Etc. I can't always name the exact tracklisting, but when I hear them out of context I have flashbacks.

Sorry about the double post XD Didn't want to make one reeeaally long post XD

Starting from the bottom this time O_o Aha-Take On Me, Spectacular song with an equally amazing video. Tears for Fears! Pretty much everyone of their songs are awesome XD One of my faveorite bands. To be honest im pretty jealous, I would have loved to have grew up in the 80's the culture, the music, the fashion just everything was so amazing.

I had never heard those two songs in the spoiler but I can see why you like them, they were both really something. I might need to look up some more of their songs XD

I can say I enjoyed all of those songs you posted and I can see why they all meant something to you. Thanks for sharing XD

• 2 months later...